Old 05-1-2022, 02:42 PM   #681
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 201: Game Showdown Throwdown (Excite11) - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Shadow God flipping wolf here would just be major wtf moment. I can't find anything.
This didn't age well
Old 05-1-2022, 02:42 PM   #682
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
ffa, xel and shado i don't really know at the moment. shado is maybe leaning more towards town but i couldn't tell you why. ffa seems normal. did he ever post a reads list? i can't remember. i feel like xel/lewdy as w/w would have been a lot more bantery and exciting, but who knows.
Am I reading this wrong
Old 05-1-2022, 02:45 PM   #683
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
@xel I want you to know that fmpov there's no bad blood between us I just matched your energy. I hope we're still cool.
By the way, your post got an audible laugh out of me, it was funny.
Old 05-1-2022, 02:46 PM   #684
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I just caught up with the chris chan documentary and the most recent episode really, really fucked me up

if I met one of the Idea Guys in real life I might actually strangle them, and I mean that sincerely

literally the worst trolls in christory excepting Bella, who 100% needs to be locked up for life. not even kidding
goddamn it I was trying to forget about this

just go watch thegamerfrommars videos, it's faster
Old 05-1-2022, 02:49 PM   #685
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

I don't think star is ever a wolf here. if she is then her transformation has been drastic and radical and extremely impressive to pull off, but also equally unlikely that any of that happened. "putting in work" is not alignment indicative for me, but I've found her progression and timing to be natural and genuine, which is something I do not think is easy to fix in your wolfgames

I think if WV is scum then I have been pocketed extremely hard and am almost resigned to that fate if it is to be, at this point. he's pretty much off the table for me until either being wrong can cost game or if he does ????

I like FFA and have consistently found myself agreeing with his thoughts. He's felt off since EoD though and I would like that to resolve at some point, but would still be somewhat surprised if he's wolfing.

I like Haku and like both his push on bugkid and the better tone he has this phase. I feel like I need to re-evaluate this read most out of everything considering how wormy the feeling I got yesterday was. I think I will be looking specifically for genuineness in his slippery slope style trains of thought and in his paranoia because those are both things he himself knows he has less of as wolf and tries to compensate for.

I like Xel but do not have a whole lot to go off of. His feel/vibe made me feel like he was town yesterday and I still feel that same vibe, but would like to get something more concrete to look at as the game progresses

DBP could go either way. nothing he's posted has particularly pinged me as necessarily town or necessarily wolf. If he's wolf I think I have something to look for in future games (if any), but he's pretty much a fat null for me right now

bugkid confuses me. I do not feel particularly comfortable with their slot or progression with lewdy, but am pending other people's thoughts on ISO or input on how they typically play at the very least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-1-2022, 02:52 PM   #686
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I don't think star is ever a wolf here. if she is then her transformation has been drastic and radical and extremely impressive to pull off, but also equally unlikely that any of that happened. "putting in work" is not alignment indicative for me, but I've found her progression and timing to be natural and genuine, which is something I do not think is easy to fix in your wolfgames

I think if WV is scum then I have been pocketed extremely hard and am almost resigned to that fate if it is to be, at this point. he's pretty much off the table for me until either being wrong can cost game or if he does ????

I like FFA and have consistently found myself agreeing with his thoughts. He's felt off since EoD though and I would like that to resolve at some point, but would still be somewhat surprised if he's wolfing.

I like Haku and like both his push on bugkid and the better tone he has this phase. I feel like I need to re-evaluate this read most out of everything considering how wormy the feeling I got yesterday was. I think I will be looking specifically for genuineness in his slippery slope style trains of thought and in his paranoia because those are both things he himself knows he has less of as wolf and tries to compensate for.

I like Xel but do not have a whole lot to go off of. His feel/vibe made me feel like he was town yesterday and I still feel that same vibe, but would like to get something more concrete to look at as the game progresses

DBP could go either way. nothing he's posted has particularly pinged me as necessarily town or necessarily wolf. If he's wolf I think I have something to look for in future games (if any), but he's pretty much a fat null for me right now

bugkid confuses me. I do not feel particularly comfortable with their slot or progression with lewdy, but am pending other people's thoughts on ISO or input on how they typically play at the very least
Something important is occurring to me, and I am not sure how I feel about it
Old 05-1-2022, 02:54 PM   #687
flashflash account
FFR Player

I'm pretty comfortable with bugkid
I just believe them on their shadowgod points and am willing to ignore the potential for distancing/bussing until later because it never works long term
also have had some organic thoughts that I think new wolf players would have a hard time faking maybe

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-1-2022, 02:59 PM   #688
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I'm pretty comfortable with bugkid
I just believe them on their shadowgod points and am willing to ignore the potential for distancing/bussing until later because it never works long term
also have had some organic thoughts that I think new wolf players would have a hard time faking maybe
that last point makes the most sense and is the biggest defense of bugkid possible. I keep forgetting to take into account that they have literally never wolfed ever

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 03:05 PM   #689
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
Am I reading this wrong
it would help to know how you're reading it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
Old 05-1-2022, 03:06 PM   #690
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
@star do you feel like you're performing up to par when compared to your previous games? How do you feel about where you are in terms of game state right now?
This is an interesting question. I want to say in like one-third of my games, I am actually a one-day wonder (in that I only get to play for one day, because the wolves kill me on sight) and if not a one-day wonder, a two-day one. Which could imply that any time I do not die first, I am below par, but to be honest, it is not weird for me to still get killed when my reads are super ass backwards. I think what they see as a threat in my play usually, is that they do not think that I can get hanged, and that they think that I create information that makes other people play better. I think I may be slightly below par in terms of that effect in this particular game, even though my actual first impressions of people seem relatively aligned with the true game state, based on the flips.

I am relieved to have more confirmed information to work with than I usually would, and am enjoying this day quite a bit so far due to that. Haku, FFA and Shado are players that I am feeling better about, and DBP is someone I am feeling worse abut, based on reflection and the new info. I am needing to dig into DBP's and your posts to progress, but I think I will have the time and energy to do that in the next few hours.
Old 05-1-2022, 03:10 PM   #691
bugkid666
FFR Player

i'm still a bit confused as to why my interactions with lewdy were so suspicious when i said very clearly that he leaned scum to me (i might of said he was my strongest wolf lean but i can't remember and can't be bothered to check) but i would also like to just move on from this and focus on other things.

@ffa why are you so suspicious of star, specifically?

idk how to read haku but i'm leaning town just bc this is how they usually are... i guess.

dbp better get his butt in here and say literally anything

Quote:
Quote:

they/them
Old 05-1-2022, 03:12 PM   #692
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
i meant wv, my bad. let's chalk it up to covid fog brain

Quote:
Quote:

they/them
Old 05-1-2022, 03:31 PM   #693
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
sure thing

I read this as you being condescending as a way to get bug to stop thinking of you as a wolf out of shame or embarrassment. "Your read on me is so stupid a wolf would be embarrassed to give that read publicly."

The mindset behind this post feels like you're trying to intimidate a light scumread on you by insulting their intelligence.
Having reflected on this more, I think that this explanation is a conspiracy theory. I think the viable but uncharitable way of reading Shado's side of this would be that Shado wrote off Bugkid as seeming townie due to bias of already knowing it. Your way of interpreting Shado's post sounds prettier than it has actual substance to it, I think.

Quote:
I'm reading intentionality behind posts, first and foremost

Wolves can post logically; towns can post wolfily

The explanation you give here is plausible from a point of logic, but when reading the post in question, I kept wondering "what headspace was this person in when they wrote it?"

It's not that I don't understand "the logic" behind what you said, it's that I don't think "the logic" is the primary intention to that post.

At any rate, I still have 8 pages left so I'll try to focus on higher-level observations for now
This piece I do like more from you, but I guess I just need more.

Quote:
d0 isn't just for deciding who to lynch at EoD, you know

don't stop thinking
This felt like a deflection to me, because I do not think you can focus in on Haku's posts and also miss that Haku was confident about not being able to be here. So if the point was to pressure people who may not be hanged, expecting Haku to come back is wishful thinking.

Quote:
also im a fucking idiot and thought EoD was 2 hours after it actually was, fortunately the Zenith lynch still went through
Why is it fortunate it went through on Zenith? This feels like weird lip service - you were not voting Zenith or defending other options in opposition to Zenith.
Old 05-1-2022, 03:31 PM   #694
flashflash account
FFR Player

Quote:
i'm still a bit confused as to why my interactions with lewdy were so suspicious when i said very clearly that he leaned scum to me (i might of said he was my strongest wolf lean but i can't remember and can't be bothered to check) but i would also like to just move on from this and focus on other things.

idk how to read haku but i'm leaning town just bc this is how they usually are... i guess.

dbp better get his butt in here and say literally anything
I'm not
wv just hasn't town cleared to me yet
like I wouldn't have saved them over you/star/raeko/xel

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 05-1-2022, 03:35 PM   #695
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Something important is occurring to me, and I am not sure how I feel about it
We are all here for when you decide to stop vaguebooking
Old 05-1-2022, 04:05 PM   #696
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
We are all here for when you decide to stop vaguebooking
Here's the thing

I thought it wasn't vague

and it's occurring to me it was
Old 05-1-2022, 04:10 PM   #697
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

There's nothing productive to be gained there @star

Xel who's your top scum today

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-1-2022, 04:11 PM   #698
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
You're either right because you've never gotten my alignment wrong or because you're a wolf and you know I'm town
I feel like this is a suboptimal post to have made as a wolf because you really were not required to bring this up from the context, and it could be used against you later if anything?

Quote:
Give me a post number. I'm currently towards the end of page two so post 70ish
Quote:
This implies you haven't read the rest of thread after that interaction and that's kinda weird because you're here
I'm kind of curious what your style is for reading the game? I am sorry that I did not ask about this back on d0, but I am having trouble exactly following what you were doing versus what you were accusing him of here.

Quote:
In hakus big post I hugely disagree with their read on shadow. Aside from star being WEIRD I think shadow playing the way he is makes me think he's trying to be active enough to not be singled out but not enough to slip or incriminate his partners if wolf
I see you as having been the most negative person toward Shadowgod overall out of anybody. There is the possibly that being a wolf partner could have biased you to look at him more. The reason I am viewing it as less likely to be distancing and more likely to be real, however, is the whole progression involving me. I feel like it is easier to either just focus on distancing from Shadowgod or to use me being more sus as an excuse not to push him, but instead I feel like you have had kind of a consistent progression of seeming pinged by both of us, and trying to work through that, even into today? I can't 100% follow the more recent thought process with it, but it mostly sounds to me like you believe it.

Between raeko's WV and DBP townreads, I value the former more because I feel like raeko not liking Shado would bias her into liking DBP more for pressuring there. I think Shado is more likely to be town, than DBP, at this stage.
Old 05-1-2022, 04:49 PM   #699
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

If you guys rolled wolf, Shadow God was your partner and you have to somehow make it alive until the end of this game, what would you do ?

Also, if you already knew I flipped town would that change anything ?
Old 05-1-2022, 05:06 PM   #700
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
If you guys rolled wolf, Shadow God was your partner and you have to somehow make it alive until the end of this game, what would you do ?

Also, if you already knew I flipped town would that change anything ?
I am starting to think we can establish an order and just pick off till we win
Closed Thread