Old 06-24-2021, 12:51 AM   #1
Dknight1130
FFR Player

Default Rating Level Issue

Hello, I've noticed that on a certain song I've been given an SDG rating, and obviously wanted to get an FC. However, even though I have completed the song with only "Amazing," "Perfect," "Good," and "Average" arrows, I'm not being given the Full Combo clear status.

Please let me know if I'm overlooking something simple, or otherwise.

Thank you.

Last edited by Dknight1130; 06-24-2021 at 12:55 AM..
Dknight1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:02 AM   #2
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Rating Level Issue

Not all SDGs are FCs, but an SDG rating is better than a FC rating.

FC is only 0 misses with any number of raw goods >10, while an SDG is awarded for <10 raw goods (SDG = Single Digit Goods). which can include misses. Because FFR uses raw scoring, it is better to be more accurate than to sacrifice accuracy for combo.
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:05 AM   #3
LvsL
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The weird thing here is, if you have an FC for example, with mostly good/average/boos, yes it's an FC. However *if* you have a score with a good equivalent -better- than you FC's good equivalent, you lose that FC status because that score is better than you FC and will overwrite that FC, provide that you cannot SDG it.

That is, even if you did FC it before. It's not as bad now, because in the newer engines, if you sort your songs with your score rating, it will list those that you have FCed before, as FC*

Edit:
Take a look at this image. --- https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...photos/376590/
This is from the FFR engine. Those are songs that had been FCed but a score with some number of miss overwrited them. The highest score of the song Black Noise is at the right side of the screen

Last edited by LvsL; 06-24-2021 at 04:14 AM..
LvsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:52 AM   #4
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumaestro View Post
Not all SDGs are FCs, but an SDG rating is better than a FC rating.

FC is only 0 misses with any number of raw goods >10, while an SDG is awarded for <10 raw goods (SDG = Single Digit Goods). which can include misses. Because FFR uses raw scoring, it is better to be more accurate than to sacrifice accuracy for combo.
To add to this, the game internally counts FC's for songs that you've FC'd, even if the current best score is not an FC. Getting a better score that isn't an FC does not remove FC status, since people complained that it affects profile info.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:48 PM   #5
Dknight1130
FFR Player

OK thank you all for your responses. You'll have to forgive me because I think I just don't understand the rating system. And I have read rushyrulz's pictionary (www(dot)flashflashrevolution(dot)com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115282).

So I think I understand that the posted rating for a song will always be the highest level of accuracy I've ever done it at, is that right? What I think I understand right now is that AAA is the best rating you can get, then it would be SDG because SDG won't result if you get any boos, then FC because it will happen even if you get boos, then blackflag, omniflag, and rainbow flag. That's in descending order of accuracy.

Also, what is a FC*? I've seen this rating appear but don't understand it yet.

Again, thanks for your responses and your patience. I appreciate it very much.
Also, because I'm showcasing my ignorance in this thread; I clicked the bottom of the app to update my "current stats and skill rating" and was met with a notification: "Your Average Rank has decreased by 858.95 and your Average Rank has improved by 1,002. This makes as much sense as a square circle.

Last edited by Dknight1130; 06-24-2021 at 09:30 PM..
Old 06-25-2021, 12:14 AM   #6
trumaestro
I don't get no respect
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It's worth noting the picture dictionary is outdated in subtle ways. An SDG flag is granted for a raw goods count <10. You get more raw goods for every non-perfect/amazing judgement. Good = 1 Raw Good, Average = 1.8 Raw Goods, Miss = 2.4 Raw Goods, Boo = 0.2 Raw Goods. A perfect score (AAA) is 0 raw goods. So...

AAA > Booflag (1 boo, 0.2 raw goods) > Blackflag (1 good, 1 raw good) > omni/rainbowflag (which I'm not certain are actually shown in game and total to 5.4 raw goods) = SDG (<10 raw goods) > FC (0 misses and >10 raw goods)

FC* is given when you have previously full combo'd a song, but then get a better (more accurate) score on it that is not a full combo or another rating.

Average rank is just that, an average of the ranks you have gotten on every public (non-token) song in the game. Better scores will reduce this number as you will get higher ranks on songs than others, up to rank 1 which is generally a AAA (with only very high difficulty exceptions). Lower average is better.

Average rank rank is how your average rank compares to others. You moved your average rank lower than 1002 other people's.

The FFR wiki faq is also a really good thing to look through for more info on this stuff https://ffr.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:46 AM   #7
LvsL
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

-------------------------

Last edited by LvsL; 06-25-2021 at 12:47 AM..
LvsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #8
Dknight1130
FFR Player

Thumbs up Re: Rating Level Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumaestro View Post
It's worth noting the picture dictionary is outdated in subtle ways. An SDG flag is granted for a raw goods count <10. You get more raw goods for every non-perfect/amazing judgement. Good = 1 Raw Good, Average = 1.8 Raw Goods, Miss = 2.4 Raw Goods, Boo = 0.2 Raw Goods. A perfect score (AAA) is 0 raw goods. So...

AAA > Booflag (1 boo, 0.2 raw goods) > Blackflag (1 good, 1 raw good) > omni/rainbowflag (which I'm not certain are actually shown in game and total to 5.4 raw goods) = SDG (<10 raw goods) > FC (0 misses and >10 raw goods)

FC* is given when you have previously full combo'd a song, but then get a better (more accurate) score on it that is not a full combo or another rating.

Average rank is just that, an average of the ranks you have gotten on every public (non-token) song in the game. Better scores will reduce this number as you will get higher ranks on songs than others, up to rank 1 which is generally a AAA (with only very high difficulty exceptions). Lower average is better.

Average rank rank is how your average rank compares to others. You moved your average rank lower than 1002 other people's.

The FFR wiki faq is also a really good thing to look through for more info on this stuff https:{double forward slash}ffr{dot}fandom{dot}com/wiki/FAQ
Ah ok, that was really helpful thank you. I appreciate your time!

Last edited by Dknight1130; 06-25-2021 at 08:23 PM..