Closed Thread

Old 06-4-2007, 12:40 AM   #13841
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default Re: MapleStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper08 View Post
iexplore.exe =/= explorer.exe
Double-click "My Computer". This opens a window of explorer.exe. Now at the top where it says "My Computer" type in "google.com" or something. Be amazed.

explorer = internet explorer

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 06-4-2007, 01:09 AM   #13842
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

They run from the same code. They're not exactly the same thing, but they're almost exact copies of one another. I'd venture to say iexplore is a dumbed-down version of explorer.

explorer.exe can be used to access web sites. If you keep the address bar up in your folder view, you can type URLs into it and go straight to a site without even opening IEXPLORE.exe.
Old 06-4-2007, 10:12 AM   #13843
falcondude
FFR Player

Anyone who thinks you don't need Explorer:

Ctrl-Alt-Del, Processes, Explorer.exe, End Process. See what that does to your computer.

You can just turn it off then back on, so your computer won't be harmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblub View Post
this pic is photo-chopped 100%
Old 06-4-2007, 11:33 AM   #13844
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
They run from the same code. They're not exactly the same thing, but they're almost exact copies of one another. I'd venture to say iexplore is a dumbed-down version of explorer.
Open IE and type "My Computer" in the address bar. Be amazed once more.

Try the same thing in Firefox or any browser and you'll see it's not just that any browser can do it, it's that explorer and iexplorer are just the same thing, they just start in a different mode.

EDIT: To the falcon guy: Yeah you don't need explorer. You can run everything through taskmanager or close both to save resources for some time. I do that quite often. o_O

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Last edited by evilbutterfly; 06-4-2007 at 11:39 AM..
Old 06-4-2007, 12:03 PM   #13845
ddr_dude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddr_dude Send a message via MSN to ddr_dude Send a message via Yahoo to ddr_dude Send a message via Skype™ to ddr_dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcondude View Post
Anyone who thinks you don't need Explorer:

Ctrl-Alt-Del, Processes, Explorer.exe, End Process. See what that does to your computer.

You can just turn it off then back on, so your computer won't be harmed.
Your computer donesn't really get "harmed" for ending explore.exe, I do it all the time when I zakum so it reduces programs running so I don't lag as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
guyz i found hax 2 make ur caracturz lv 405 i cnt make it ne highr cuz stupd gamegaurd blox mi acess past dat u jus dowloa dit here: ww.hax.mapel.org/hax_TROJANMALWARE.EXE
Old 06-4-2007, 05:01 PM   #13846
Snyper08
FFR Player

If you're really zealous about uninstalling Internet Explorer, you could try running nLite and creating your own custom Windows installation disc. Slipstream some updates into it, service packs, and remove programs that you don't deem necessary. Also helps with automating the process of filling in the information and whatnot.
Old 06-4-2007, 08:09 PM   #13847
ykccme
FFR Player

just started playing again, hit 30- with my warrior and went page, BW or swords? i know the 90+ bw's arent out but considering i wotn get there and even if i do they will be out by then, i think im gonna go with bw
Old 06-4-2007, 08:22 PM   #13848
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I usually see pages with BW's.
Old 06-4-2007, 09:10 PM   #13849
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I have never seen a White Knight with a blunt weapon.

Ok, maybe I have, but they're about as rare as an ax Crusader.

Anyway, blunt weapons are quite a bit harder to come upon in the market, but if you do find them and their scrolls, you'll end up spending much much much less for them. Also, blunt weapons have a bigger range or something stupid like that.
Old 06-4-2007, 09:17 PM   #13850
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

If you wanna save money you're better off just going with 1h swords.

Blunt Weapons and Axes fail for the same reason. With both, if you do a stab you incur a damage penalty, meaning that unless you have an attack that always swings, you'll do less damage. You don't get a swing-only attack until 4th job, and they rigged that attack so it's one swing and one stab, so it's a moot point. Swords have much more stable damage, which makes them generally stronger.

Old 06-4-2007, 10:13 PM   #13851
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I read that 4th job info that Afrobean posted at the request of someone, and I noticed that Bahamut only requires level 15 Dragon. Is that still an iffy thing or is it definite?
Old 06-5-2007, 12:08 AM   #13852
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykccme View Post
just started playing again, hit 30- with my warrior and went page, BW or swords? i know the 90+ bw's arent out but considering i wotn get there and even if i do they will be out by then, i think im gonna go with bw

The 90 weapon is from Zakum... They are in stock and cheap. They aren't popular because of their "slow". The 100 weapon is from Gachapon and it is out. Overly expensive like any other Gach item and "slow". The popular weapon among BWs is the Morningstar, which drops from Grims and Gobies aka the two highly most trained at maps in GMS. Not to mention the lack of BWs....

BWs are cheap. However, they are slightly slower and their average damage is less than that of a sword, but you can hit for higher.

1handed for BW (and axes) are worse, as they don't really increase in speed. 1handed is used a lot for mostly higher levels. With a solid scrolled one, it can be up to par with a 2handed (swords only).

Though there are a couple of fast 2handed swords in there.. Lion's Fang, which is a level 50 sword and a Rigbol which is a level 100 sword (sword of choice!). This sword may be out in Gach? Not sure.

4th job... Paladins (page class) have a skill called Blast. There is no swing/stab motion involved in calculation, as it's always a "stab" with that skill. However, it's still the same as the other attacks: 60% chance to have the higher damage formula, 40% chance to have the lower. With swords, both formulas are the same. BWs the higher formula is the 60% chance (same with axes and polearms).

Noah: It's not 1 slash and 1 stab for Brandish. It's still 60% chance for it to be a slash formula and 40% chance for it to be a stab formula.

Last edited by banditcom; 06-5-2007 at 12:11 AM..
Old 06-5-2007, 02:37 AM   #13853
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
Rigbol which is a level 100 sword (sword of choice!). This sword may be out in Gach? Not sure.
I believe someone said that it's not even in our data. Not 100% sure, but a gander over at sauna would prove the truth.

Also, isn't there something wrong with it? Like a dex requirement or something stupid like that?

ps regarding morning stars: I NPC them rofl
Old 06-5-2007, 05:53 AM   #13854
ykccme
FFR Player

well i think im gonna go swords. I hate the look of the 2h swords so ill probably stick with 1h most of the time.. but 1h bw and 2h bw look cool in the upper levels.. so i duno
Old 06-5-2007, 08:13 AM   #13855
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

One hand warriors don't make any sense to me. Their weapons are naturally weaker, and all they have to show for it is more defense from a shield. And anyone familiar with this game should know that defense means jack ****.

I mean, it's probably worth it a bit more 4th job (thanks to that skill that blocks damage with a certain percent success), but it makes no sense to me for now.
Old 06-5-2007, 12:02 PM   #13856
DHS1
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to DHS1 Send a message via AIM to DHS1 Send a message via MSN to DHS1 Send a message via Yahoo to DHS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
If you wanna save money you're better off just going with 1h swords.

Blunt Weapons and Axes fail for the same reason. With both, if you do a stab you incur a damage penalty, meaning that unless you have an attack that always swings, you'll do less damage. You don't get a swing-only attack until 4th job, and they rigged that attack so it's one swing and one stab, so it's a moot point. Swords have much more stable damage, which makes them generally stronger.
Yes but when they do swing, they do more damage than the sword user does when he swings.

..................Swing.......Stab

Axe ..............60%........40%

Sword ...........50%........50%

Same with blunt weapons and swords with pages

I made a lvl 59 legit axe sader in beta that's how I know

Old 06-5-2007, 02:00 PM   #13857
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Assuming they're both the same power, most people would probably take 2-3 dmg over 1-4.
Old 06-5-2007, 02:13 PM   #13858
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
Assuming they're both the same power, most people would probably take 2-3 dmg over 1-4.
And a faster swing speed, at that.
Old 06-5-2007, 02:49 PM   #13859
B0NK
FFR Player

So I logged on and I'm not in the guild.

Ok cool.
Old 06-5-2007, 05:10 PM   #13860
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Noah: It's not 1 slash and 1 stab for Brandish. It's still 60% chance for it to be a slash formula and 40% chance for it to be a stab formula.
People have said that if you watch the videos, the top number is always lower than the bottom one when people are using axes, while with swords there is no consistent difference between the top/bottom numbers. This would indicate that one swing is ALWAYS a slash and the other is ALWAYS a stab. Other people watched and confirmed, I don't have to time to do all that, but I'll take their word for it.

Quote:
Also, isn't there something wrong with it? Like a dex requirement or something stupid like that?
It requires 120 dex. Which, with a zhelm and Maple Hero, isn't TOO hard to get if you have normal-ish dex, but still. DAMN SON.

Quote:
Except that people are stupid. Sins can do like 4k - 10k while mages can do 6k-8k and people think mages are weak because of it. =\

Closed Thread