Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games

Old 08-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
shantred
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to shantred
Default World of Warcraft Players, UNITED!

The official FFR WoW Guild? Who knows?

We are currently up and running on the Quel'Dorei server playing under The Alliance. After a couple days of planning, We have finally come together, and are working hard to keep the guild going. We have some information listed here, below.

Guild Status: Up and running! PM Shantred or Bt for an invite!

Guild Vent: Join guild and select guild info tab for the vent information!(Thanks to flawofhumanity for such a generous donation)

Guild Website: Currently under construction

Guild Master: Shantred Currently Online

Current Guild Events: Low-roller lottery!
Event starts Saturday, August 18th. Pot starts at 10s. Tickets are 5s each. Each player may buy up to 3tickets. Tickets can then be purchased by sending 5s/ticket to FFRGUILDBANK, along with a number between 1 and 50. I will take the time to enter the number you chose, and enter it, along with your name into a database on our temporary website. After that number is registered in the database, you will receive mail back will receipts/verification of your ticket. A week from this saturday, using a random number generating script on the website, a number will be chosen. If that number matches that of the number selected by a guild member, that guild member will receive the full ammount of the pot. If two or more players select the same number, the winnings will be divided evenly between them. If the number generated was not guessed, the pot will roll over into the following week.
Rule of thumb: If you don't trust me, then don't get a ticket. The lotto is not rigged, the only part I have in the lotto is whenever i manually enter in your selected number into the system. The random number selected every saturday, is done by a cron, a timed script, that will select a random number(between 1 and 50) and put it into the database, then delete itself.

FFR Players acounted for in-game(Levels Updated Every Other Day):
Shantred(Shantred, Draenei Shaman, Level 15)
Ghostnight(Bt, Human Paladin, Level 13)
ImEric12(Stuttgen, Human Warlock, Level 10)
Pcshark(Pcshark, Draenei Mage, Level 12)
Zajac(Zajac, Night Elf, Level 7)

Players We're Waiting for in-game:
MMShadow
Tonberry_kid
Jammer325
Otcblackpanther
YoshiSlayer
Schrammbledeggs
flawofhumanity
biff_tech

For those players, whom we're waiting on, please contact Shantred or Bt in-game ASAP!

If you are interested in being a part of the FFR guild, you may do one of three things:
1.Contact Shantred or Bt in-game
2.PM me on the forums
3.Leave a post here

Those who have WoW and have yet to join our guild, shame on you! Not really =P. But we welcome any and all FFR members. All you have to do, is send us a PST and let us know what your name on the forums is, we'll be glad to send you an invite!

And for those of you who have already joined, tell your friends who play FFR. This is just another way for the FFR community to grow and thrive! FFR Isn't the only thing we should all have in common.

Look forward to seeing you in-game soon!

Last edited by shantred; 08-17-2007 at 09:32 PM..
shantred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft Players, UNITED!

You seriously don't need to make 3 threads about the same damn subject. You don't see us making new threads for every thing we do in Maplestory, do you? Keep it in the same thread, please.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
shantred
FFR Player

two of them were neccessarry, as they were different polls to decide what server they were on. and this is the official thread for the guild. maybe if you would have read the content of the threads, and known what the purpose of each one was. chill the eff out. it does no harm to you whatsoever
Old 08-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Yeah, if Squeek or someone could delete the first two, no harm would be done, actually.

And sorry I signed off suddenly before I could sign the charter... My parents unplugged the modem because we had to move the entire desk our downstairs computer (as well as the router/modem) is on to another house. I'm at the other house right now with no WoW, but I'll be back on tonight (I have to at least get my Voidwalker before I sleep tonight.)

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #5
shantred
FFR Player

Alright. works for me. we need 3 more signatures, most of the signatures on it(all of them) are random people. they will be booted upon registration of guild

EDIT: guild is made now! We have 4 people in it. I'll send follow-up PM's tomorrow when i wake up for those who didn't notice
the pm's i sent out first. I'd hate to have gone through so much trouble, had so many people interested, then nobody show up -.-

Last edited by shantred; 08-15-2007 at 11:56 PM..
Old 08-16-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

I won't be on until Sunday(I hope). I still haven't really decided what I'm going to make.

I think I might end up with a druid.
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #7
shantred
FFR Player

Ahh, well i'll be on! I try to be on several hours every day so i can at least catch people wanting to join in. But so far this is what we've got in the guild:
Mage
Shammy
paladin
warlock

So we've still got a lot of options open!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to zajac

Alrighty. I would just like to ask that WoW being the huge game with the millions of members that is has. As well as FFR being the large community with million+ members that it has. This thread should be stickied here in the Game Forum.

This has been tried many many times getting people together on one server. As one alliance. In one guild. And it's never worked, until now thanks to Shantred's hard work.

3 threads were created. Oh no. Doesn't hurt anybody. 3 threads were created in meaning. Shantred has done something that has been tried before and failed and something alot of people didn't think would ever work out. So EB. Yes. Wannabe Mod. Chill.

So again. I kindly as that if a mod runs across this post, to please sticky this thread, as to be able to get more and more people into the FIRST EVER Official Flash Flash Revolution Guild in World of Warcraft!
zajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #9
Remix_Riddick
FFR Player

Thumbs down Re: World of Warcraft Players, UNITED!

wow is gay
Remix_Riddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #10
etrnnlchaos24
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to etrnnlchaos24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix_Riddick View Post
wow is gay
You have said nothing to back up your accusation. Give 3 decent reasons why WoW is as you put it "gay"

Check out my sm vids on youtube http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=etrnlchaos
AAA's So Far: 7
Latest AAA: Excite Bike
etrnnlchaos24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #11
shantred
FFR Player

A man is entitled to his opinion, I suppose. Though I bet he's never even played WoW to begin with.

And Zajac, that post was quite touching -tear-. But I really would love to see this become the official FFR WoW Guild. I have put a lot of time and effort into getting everything together, and up off the ground. "Spamming" threads as evillbutterfly said(which honestly, a REAL mod would have read the threads to see if there was reason for them to be posted, before sayin anything. But hey, he IS only a wannabe), Sending out PM's to keep people informed(which i'm actually about to do now to remind people that the guild is finally up and running). I second Zajac's request for this to be stickied. I would love this to become something huge, and I'm sure a few others in the guild feel the same. I've already put in over 20 hours on this character, and the guild, and in fact, have already started programming the guild website!

Of course, I'm not the only one who wants to see this work. I've had a bit of help. Ghostnight has helped with keeping things in order, and take care of things when i'm away from the guild. We can't forget flawofhumanity for donating an 8 person Vent server to us! Sure, we're small right now, but that's only because I have a feeling some people feel that this is doomed to fail, but if so many people think that, why not try and change it, step up and join in!

I said it in earlier posts and threads in the earlier stages of planning, but even if you don't like alliance, why not just create a character on the server so that you can be closer to other FFR players.

Anyway, I, personally, really hope a moderator see's all the effort put forth here, and DOES sticky this. Would be a great thing
Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #12
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

I can't decide what I want to roll.

Everything is fun EoG. If I roll a druid, expect it to be balance if I get it to 70. If I reroll a warrior, it'll be a DPS warrior. If I roll a paladin, it'll probably be a tank. If I roll a hunter, it'll be BM mostly. Rogues get boring fast. Mages, priests and warlocks are squishy and I really don't enjoy dieing every other pull. And shamans are really fun, and versatile, but I hate the draenei starting area, and I don't like wasting time getting to Elwynn(I don't really enjoy Teldrassil).

So, what I guess what I'm asking is, what should I roll? I'll play just about anything. Expect a healadin.
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #13
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Prove to us it's worthy of a sticky.

Currently, the stickies up there are either important information, individual console threads, or incredibly popular game threads. MapleStory's thread was stickied, oh I dunno, a few thousand posts into its life? When over 50 FFRers were playing it?
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #14
shantred
FFR Player

You heard the man! Get to it, people That was more of an instruction to myself, I suppose. But I've sent out another stream of PM's to those that are un accounted for. I'd like to see this get stickied, though It would be hard to get 1000 posts in a thread that is basically just information about the guild. But I guess If enough people get interested in the thread, We'll automatically have ourselves a bunch of posts.

C'mon guys, even if you back out in the end, why not go ahead and give it a go? You might just find yourself having a good time

I can't really advertise, though i suppose i can lurch the forums and look for WoW threads, make some posts and fit in a few nudges here and there about the guild '

And tonberry: my suggestion to you, is that that Warlocks are NOT squishy. I got an afflication lock to 20 only dying one or two times. It's like playing a hunter You rarely get touched. And if you learn to play the character right, you'll RARELY ever die

Last edited by shantred; 08-16-2007 at 10:13 PM..
Old 08-17-2007, 01:40 AM   #15
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Squeek, I understand that the reason Maple Story was stickied was because of the amount of people that play it...

As is the same reason I would love this to get stickied as to draw more attention to something that has never been able to be done before.

But I understand if you would like to see more attention to this thread first before it becomes stickied.

Anyways. It will take it's time, but with 6 million people that play WoW and A Million+ people that play on FFR, this thread should get quite a bit of attention over time...

I kind of like how Shan is also constantly updating this thread with more info, and fun info AKA Current levels, classes, progression, etc... A guild website so to speek

And who knows... Shan and I will probably bring more people into the guild once 1,000's of people on the server start seeing the Flash Flash Revolution guild name and saying 'HEY! I play that game a lot!" and in reply we say "Awesome! You know this is the official FFR Guild, right? Come join and visit the forum/site!"

Anywho. I could keep going on... But that kind of sums up why I would love to see this thread stickied

...And something I also noticed... Kind of to be the Devil's Advocate here, Squeek :P

But you said that Maple Story was stickied because of the sheer amount of replies, posts, views, etc... But why not the Runescape Thread? ...OH... RIGHT... Runescape. Sucks. Hardcore. Runescape is an outdated, boring, very unpopular game (That may be opinion, but cmon... It's closer to fact than anything :P) ...WoW is much different. I can go on for hours about WoW. But I'm not a nerd :P I say. Why not sticky this thread? See how much attention this thread begins to grab. And kind of go from there.

Last edited by zajac; 08-17-2007 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: Added Statement
Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 AM   #16
shantred
FFR Player

If someone gets aggrivated by this, I'm not involved. If it gets this thread stickied, then i feel responsible for moving Zajac in such an epic way lol.

I've actually had a few requests to get in the guild, but I just have to tell people it's for FFR users only. I'd really like to keep it like that. I don't want this guild to get a lot of attention sheerly because the person decides they want in the guild so bad that they come on ffr, register on the forum, join on the guild, and never play FFR, never make a forum post, or do anything productive.

And actually...it's above 8 million players on WoW now, last time I checked. But this is not the point. I'd love to see this thread(stickied or not) grab a lot of attention and we can get a lot of people in this guild. But I won't do it in such a way that ruins the whole idea of the guild. If you check the previous threads, they have hundreds of views each, but it seems people just aren't sure it will work out, so they back off, because it's failed so many times before.

So why not give the thread a way to succeed, show that you actually support it, it may make people more confident and make them more readily join the guild. Who knows. I won't complain either way, but I just really wanna see this happen.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #17
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

I guess I might roll a hunter then.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:42 PM   #18
shantred
FFR Player

That's one thing we don't have. Would be nice to have one. When is it you'll be on, again? Sunday?

EDIT: 100th post ftw ^-^

Last edited by shantred; 08-17-2007 at 01:53 PM..
Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #19
zajac
aka uAnimals
FFR Music Producer

Yeah... Sticky or not this thread will get a lot of attention over time... With al the updates this thread gets and attention from various people, this thread will stay at the top by default haha

By the way. I'm a Drood. K thanks :P
Old 08-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #20
shantred
FFR Player

Go Zajac! And yay for post-whoring to keep this thread up towards the top.

But really. Eventually this will catch interest. Especially if it stays here long enough.