Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default 東方歩狂騒 (Touhou Hokyouso) ~ Lunatic Dance Floor (Submissions Closed!)

(placeholder for banner once I get around to it :P)

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed my previous two touhou packs. I've had a lot of fun with the two. And I'm showing no signs of ending what I love to do.

Anyways, I'm posting this early because...I'm allowing others to submit their files to this pack now! Yes, now you guys can submit to this wonderful and awesome pack of amazing that everyone will love yo- *shot*

Alright enough of that. The reason why I'm doing this is because I don't want this pack to be all about me. I want other people's style of charting in this as well. More variety in this pack increases quality (as long as that chart is good obviously :P).

Anyways, if you want to submit to this pack, you will obviously need to follow these rules.

RULES FOR SUBMISSIONS:
  • -Song must obviously be a Touhou song or an arrangement of a Touhou song! I will not allow songs that are unrelated to the series, even if it had a video based on Touhou.
    -Please try to keep the song shorter than 2:15 and longer than 1:00. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS IF THE SONG INCLUDES A VIDEO THAT'S ALSO LONGER THAN THE SUGGESTED TIME. We want r23 players to be able to play it as well.
    -That being said, please try to keep video sizes small, below 20mb AT MOST, but try to keep a moderate quality. Same goes for the song.
    -Song file MUST be in .ogg. You can easily convert it with Audacity even :P
    -Every submission must have all difficulties charted from Beginner - Oni. BUT IT IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT MANDATORY TO HAVE Beginner - Heavy to be DDR - style stepcharts (No mines/rolls/hands, no higher than 9, but 10s will only be allowed on Heavy IF the song and chart are good enough for it), and Oni will be an ITG - style chart (Anything goes as long as it makes sense and crap). I know what I'm saying because I used to be a DDR whore who looked down upon ITG charts, so I'm being flexible to everyone here. Also, Beginner must have NO HOLDS OR JUMPS OTHER THAN LEFT/RIGHT AND UP/DOWN. If you want to clarify this please PM me.
    -If you do not wish to add in lower or certain difficulties, I will be more than happy to add it in myself ^^. I hate leaving them like that. It feels so incomplete to me.
    -I will be rating the charts with a Accepted, Accepted if fixed, and Rejected, based on my opinion, along with my own personal comments to the files.
    -That being said, if you find that the final chart has been accepted BUT slightly modified by release do not take it too personally, because of the following rule.
    -The file may be released anywhere else BUT from other packs.
    -Also, you MAY NOT step and submit a song I've already claimed or have already stepped in my previous two packs. This is because this pack is still a part of the other two packs and I would like to avoid duplicates.
    -If two or more people send in the same file, and I feel like they are good enough to be accepted, I will only select the better file to stay in the pack and drop the other. The other will know if their file was declined and my reason why. Please do not take this personally though and try to avoid this. I'd hate to break anyone's hearts.
    -All files must include a cdtitle of the person who stepped it.
    -As for the ever so confusing song artists, I'd much rather you put in the circle name UNLESS you have a good reason to put in the artist name.
    -All stepfiles MUST have a BANNER that is 512x160 and the BACKGROUND that is 800x600
    -(I know I'm missing more rules feel free to clarify whatever I missed =/)

Phew. I think I got 'em all. Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and put up my list of files I'm claiming. Please do not take it personally if I claim a song you wanted to step yourself.

Planning to step next:
  • Shanghai Alice of Meiji 17 - UI-70 feat. Demetori
    Chicken Jam! - CROW'SCLAW
    The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky ~ Bridge of The Lotus - Demetori
    天上天下唯我独尊 - Unlucky Morpheus
    竹取飛翔 - Team UD
    Skyscraper Jig - Riverside
    アルティメットトゥルース - xi-on
    7x100 - 音召缶
    Bad Apple!! (Graph Tech Mix) - Alstroemeria Records
    LED - Thousand Leaves (maybe)
    VaizravaNa - C-Clays
    Pretty much everything in this list: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/16563049

Anyways, any comments and questions feel free to ask in this thread or PM me personally! If you'd like to do a collab with me though, please specify the song through PMs and I'll think about it :P

Please send all files to:
touhoupadpack3@gmail.com

PS: If you've seen this in other places, I've made a slight change in the beginner - heavy charting rule. Now it isn't mandatory to make it DDR-style charts, but it's still highly favoured though, as long as it's good though.

Last edited by ddr_f4n; 03-4-2011 at 09:22 AM..
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: 東方歩狂騒 (Touhou Hokyouso) ~ Lunatic Dance Floor (Accepting!)

REVIEWS:

Captain Murasa (NinjafoxX):
Rejected
I'll be honest, the song doesn't seem to well to be really fun to step, but except to be a 9 or 10 at most. Oni seems really forced. I think Heavy seemed like a suitable Oni more.

In that note, WHY IS HEAVY A 10!? This song isn't suitable to be such a 10-footer.

Heian Inferno (NinjafoxX):
Undecided
Eh...it has potential. Some parts are real fun, the others...not so much. Heavy seems alright though.

Overdrive (remix) [name too long to mention] (NinjafoxX):
Rejected
Now THIS song sounds more like 10-footer/pack boss song but...not in this way >.<. Not as fun as it could've been. (I'm actually freaked out because of the graphics though ;_

Forsaken Doll (NinjafoxX):
Accepted
Look! It's a fitting file! Now this one was much more accurate and fun. The only real compliment I have with it is that some parts are boring going with two arrows for a while, but it not long enough to reject it, as it changes over time. Other then that, well done!

Did you know? The magic book doubles as a blunt weapon (NinjafoxX):
Accepted
Not much to complain here. Well done :3

Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom (NinjafoxX):
Accepted if Revised:
Good, just that the stops weren't really needed or fitting IMO. And the streams going right into a jump isn't as fun, but I can fix that myself :3.

OVERALL:
You were up and down. The Kishida songs and Forsaken Doll showed your strong points though. I was about to give up on you until I got into Forsaken Doll I'll be honest. And...short holds...I'm not a fan of such things, so those turn me off quite a bit.

Oh...and I'll remake the graphics for you. Needs to be polished up and redone >_>.

---

Tewi Within (Huzure)
Accepted

Y'know, at first I was gonna put in (if revised) because I thought the stream didn't seem to follow anything, but actually I thought about it, and decided to keep it as is because of the fact that it fits the mood of the song quite a bit.

Just that you just missed some parts of the guitar and such, but nothing I can't fix myself without ruining your file :P

But if I can ask...is it okay if I change those jumps to 16th triplets at the Kagome Kagome part? It's to follow the bass pedal while still keeping the mood intact and such.

All in all, it was well done in my books. Really fun in general. This'll go nicely into the pack.

---

Hatate's Bakkoi Murder Case (Kommisar)
Accepted if Revised
Quote:
(Gpop) said:
Okay, since you're here I might as well tell you my thoughts on the file before I post it publically and all
Everything seems fine, just some parts you may have missed in terms of accuracy with the music, which I can fix myself.
Now, two parts that I think may be revised.
The intro, where you followed the beats instead of the trumpets
Eh...It seems good, but yet, I also prefer the trumpets up until the 16th triplets that the beats follow
Finally, right before the Paparrazi part, you decided to follow the vocals for the long freezes
I think at that one part it's better to follow the beats
Once those are looked over and probably fixed, it's most likely gonna seem and feel a lot better.
You did fix the vocal part I mentioned though, but I played it once more, and another part that's somewhat bugging me is the ending paparrazi, but I'll keep it for now. I can accept this if you let me fix it up myself Kommi.

Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars (Not Faily Wars you dunce)(NinjafoxX)
Accepted if Revised

I find that it's greatly understepped in quite a few parts, especially when it comes to following the beats. I can accept this as well if you can allow me to fix it up myself.

CONCERNING THE REST OF THE FILES BY FOXX, AND POSSIBLY OTHER SUBMITTERS

I've noticed that a lot of your abilities are restrained by the song itself, and some of the blame I believe is how you people cut the songs, especially you FoxX. I think if you allow me to cut the songs myself, I think you'll find it much easier to step the songs. All I ask is that you tell me what songs you plan on stepping with an .mp3/.ogg of the song you want to step, and I'll see what I can do.

Therefore, FoxX, the rest of your files are currently Rejected. Sorry =/

---

The Brilliant Star Rocket - (Itsugo & NinjafoxX)

Rejected

As much as I love Kishida, and as much as I love this song, the stepchart I didn't like as much. I don't see why you made an "alt" when it's basically the same thing as the Oni/Expert chart.

Anyways, seems a bit under-charted, NO WAY a 10, barely a 9. BPM changes weren't really used well and seemed abused quite a bit. Really, it should've remained 163 except for the first slowdown. After that, all the BPM changes should be completely removed and remain 163 through the entire way (in fact, keeping it 163 the entire way would be good too). It doesn't seem to fit at all. Heavy fared a bit better, but again, the changes ruined it :<

One final thing, I dunno why you added that ending to the song. The original PV version just stopped before you added that part in, and I think it should stay like that. The ending you added doesn't flow with the song since it adds extra instruments that doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the song.

---

Belief Attack Resurrection (FoxX)
Accepted

Lol nice Only My Railgun OP parody. Still, it's a good song, and the steps are just as good. Maybe a bit of a tune-up here and there from me. But overall, well done.

Captain Murasa's Ass Anchor (Kommisar)
Oni Accepted

Oni seems really well done. (I think I'll take that over RAINBOWZ lol). But heavy and below...not so much. Personally, I wouldn't see it as a 10-footer, and seems like a dumbed-down version of Oni, even if it isn't. And it ain't fun anyways. I see it more as a hard 9 as it could be. I'll restep Heavy and lower if you'd like though.

Technical Difficulties (FoxX)
Undecided

Eeeehhh...I honestly don't know what to do with this file personally. It has some potential, but it...yeah I really don't know. I'll have to think this one over a bit more. If it does get accepted (with some changes) in the end though, graphics gonna be changed to Sakuya for obvious reasons :P

ThirdEyeBlind (FoxX and Itsugo)
VERY UNDECIDED

Okay this one is even worse. I like the idea for the off arrows to go with the guitar, but some parts seem quite undercharted. I think this needs to be worked on more before I can make a proper decision.

Some Random JP text (FoxX)
Accepted if Revised

Good file. But some parts need fixing. More specifically, that part where the preview starts, I prefer to be more jumpy to go with the percussion/drums. In general, I think you can follow the drums more.

Faith is for the Transient People (Itsugo)
Accepted if Revised

I think it's well done, but some things just need some fixing. Slowdown isn't needed, should remain at constant BPM throughout the entire song. Before that section, the part where the vocals first come in, play around with it a bit. It feels weird not having the jumps of the snare. If you're gonna do a "step step jump" pattern, put the jump on the snares. Makes it feel right on emphasis.

Finally, in the chorus, twice you did a "jump-stream-jump" which is kinda ridiculous at that speed, remove the jumps at both ends IMO. A simple stream is fine.

Kapanet Nitori (Kommisar)
Accepted

I think it's good. I really really liked it. At first I was gonna complain about one part, but then when I put on my ear phones I heard they weren't beats, but my laptop speakers tricked my ears into thinking it was.

Just some mistakes as you missed some small vocal parts, but other than that, it's all good. I guess the ONLY real thing that I would've changed was that in some parts you could have followed the 8-bit instruments or whatever, but everything else just shined to me.

What I really liked was that there wasn't as much short holds as you would usually put, which honestly before I didn't like too much because it's not very visually pleasing. Good job.

I'm gonna add the video once you send in the rest of the chart.

Oh, and right before the end, the part where you used the bombs to make up for the stop in the song, I think I'd like it better if it was a stop instead. Is it okay if I changed it to that? :P

Cavalrymaid (Palladium)
Needs Revision

Ah this song. I love Iron Maiden, and I like half of IRON ATTACK's songs. This song...I never was too fond of because I never liked the keyboard usage (it's the thing I hate about IRON ATTACK the most, they suck with the keyboardist).

But yeah, that aside, onto some real judging!

Tbh, you definitely know how to layer/follow the right instruments. So in that sense I loved it.

BUT

The biggest problem is that there are some serious objective errors here. Namely, double-stepping. I see you're going all over the place with cross-overs as well, but it seems you even lost track of yourself and the chart when going wild with it. You need to fix these double steppings for sure, and tone it down on the cross-overs :<

Also, the hand-usage is...bleh. Too fast at this speed, and not very fun. I'd rather you keep it at one hold, with the other leg used to hit the arrows instead.

Seriously, you have potential in this sense. Just fix these up PLEASE. I don't want to see you go away :<

Last edited by ddr_f4n; 01-26-2011 at 03:35 PM..
Old 11-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: 東方歩狂騒 (Touhou Hokyouso) ~ Lunatic Dance Floor (Accepting!)

Recent preview video of what's been made/submitted so far:
Old 11-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 東方歩狂騒 (Touhou Hokyouso) ~ Lunatic Dance Floor (Accepting Submissions!)

Yo if I make a shorter edit for Dream of a Spring Breeze, would you want to step it?
AsphyxZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Default Re: 東方歩狂騒 (Touhou Hokyouso) ~ Lunatic Dance Floor (Accepting Submissions!)

Maybe. Depends on how you cut it. I'd rather it not be a simple fade-out of the song and actually have an ending. (unless the song actually ends like that. Of course this also depends if you're talking about an arrange. If it's the ZUNoriginal version, then it's acceptable obviously)
Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9tu5w16yY
Old 11-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
tanarus
FFR Player

Haven't stepped anything in a while. Could be fun! I'll let you know if I figure out a song I'd like to step.

EDIT: Messing with Romantic Fall by UI-70 right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdAqNq6Bs_0 It's bouncy and swing-y and stuff.

Last edited by tanarus; 11-11-2010 at 05:09 PM..
tanarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #8
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
That sounds awesome. We need breakcore once in a while. Okay, but this one I think I'll have to see.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
AsphyxZero
Banned
FFR Veteran

I'm terrible at stepping stuff for pad, I meant I could make a shorter version for anyone interested.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphyxZero View Post
I'm terrible at stepping stuff for pad, I meant I could make a shorter version for anyone interested.
Yeah I understand. Go ahead.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #11
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Updated second post with reviews I've already done up to now (all mostly from OD).
Old 12-1-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Updated reviews.
Old 01-1-2011, 12:29 PM   #13
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Hey guys, as you know C79 has gone by already and all. This means there's a WHOLE LOAD OF NEW SONGS OUT THERE NOW!

I highly recommend starting to add step most of these new songs THAT'S NOT THE AKEBOSHI ROCKETS for the pack. You can request albums here and I'll try my best to find links for them but I can't guarantee anything so early, but I can keep trying later.
Old 01-1-2011, 04:12 PM   #14
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

One question; can the song be slightly longer than 2:15? Like 2:20 for example?

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Ziergdsx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 View Post
One question; can the song be slightly longer than 2:15? Like 2:20 for example?
I'll be lenient with the length going over as long as you can try to keep it slightly below 2:30 at most. 2:15 is more of a recommendation though since we want to keep the r23 players happy as well.
Old 01-1-2011, 08:10 PM   #16
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

yea we have feelings too
Old 01-1-2011, 09:18 PM   #17
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
yea we have feelings too
Its just a lil bit over bro ;p

Old 01-1-2011, 10:08 PM   #18
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

I still can't play it
Old 01-1-2011, 10:24 PM   #19
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
I still can't play it
Well you can, it'll just end early without the patch :P
Old 01-1-2011, 10:31 PM   #20
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者

Quote:
I still can't play it
Aw c'mon one song can't hurt. <3 My file will prolly get rejected anyways ;.;