Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2014, 02:10 AM   #1
xxXitsunexx
FFR Player

Default R^3 Accuracy help

I've been using FFR's Velocity Engine for playing FFR for a while now and I've just recently swapped over to the R^3 engine since it has more features. But what I've realised is that every time I finish a song on the R^3 Engine, I get more Perfects than Amazings, and my accuracy is just atrocious; it's really starting to annoy me. A friend told me about adjusting my Global or Judge settings, but I'm not sure on what values to put in. Can anyone help me on this?

I play StepMania more often than FFR, so if anyone can help adjust the settings for the judgement to be similar to SM, that'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buta-san
Maybe if I leave a dildo on my KB i can pass
Edit: It would have to vibrate though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya
HEY
I'M NOT BLACK
I'M AN INDEPENDENT WHITE MAN.
Quote:
My 21 year old body is reacting like a fucking teenage girl watching romantic movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
anime, video games, friends, school, work, repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAll-ProXx
Ok what the hell!!! I thought m0de was a girl (who smokes cocaine), I thought Quigly was a little kid, and I thought Staiain was an old asian guy, And until I added kmay on facebook I thought he was this cute asian girl...

xxXitsunexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:12 AM   #2
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: R^3 Accuracy help

120 FPS, keep them both at 0, and stuff. Oh and you might wanna set your speed mod about 0.6x higher than you would on Velo or Legacy. Try that.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:13 AM   #3
xxXitsunexx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
120 FPS, keep them both at 0, and stuff. Oh and you might wanna set your speed mod about 0.6x higher than you would on Velo or Legacy. Try that.
Well that was a veryyy quick reply xD
I'll try that now and come back to you if it works. Thanks Badman!

EDIT: I just tried it and it worsened my accuracy, the arrows are coming so smoothly and that's what ticked me off xD

Quote:
Quote:
HEY
I'M NOT BLACK
Quote:
My 21 year old body is reacting like a fucking teenage girl watching romantic movies
Quote:
Quote:
Ok what the hell!!! I thought m0de was a girl (who smokes cocaine), I thought Quigly was a little kid, and I thought Staiain was an old asian guy, And until I added kmay on facebook I thought he was this cute asian girl...

Last edited by xxXitsunexx; 01-11-2014 at 02:20 AM..
Old 01-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #4
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Try a Global offset of 0.1 or so, and judge offset of about 0.2 and tell me what you think of that.

If you aren't sure how they work, here's the breakdown:

Global offset is how the song and arrows sync up. Moving the offset +1 on global results in the notes being shifted 1 frame later in the song than they previously were. So this should be used to get the general idea of when the music should line up with the arrows/receptors.

Judge offset is used on a smaller level, determining when you can hit the arrows. If you're seeing a lot of perfects/goods instead of amazings, you need to analyze whether you're hitting early or late more and adjust accordingly. If you seem to be hitting a bunch of early goods even though to you the receptors are "lined up" then go ahead and shift the judge offset +amount that way you "hit" those values a little earlier than the normal window, etc.

I'm headed to bed, but if you need a more detailed explanation I'm sure someone else will get to you before I'm back on. Good luck!

side note edit:
post a replay of you using the R^3 engine playing normally and someone can probably help you determine when you need to hit and what needs to be adjusted
Old 01-11-2014, 03:20 AM   #5
xxXitsunexx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
Try a Global offset of 0.1 or so, and judge offset of about 0.2 and tell me what you think of that.

If you aren't sure how they work, here's the breakdown:

Global offset is how the song and arrows sync up. Moving the offset +1 on global results in the notes being shifted 1 frame later in the song than they previously were. So this should be used to get the general idea of when the music should line up with the arrows/receptors.

Judge offset is used on a smaller level, determining when you can hit the arrows. If you're seeing a lot of perfects/goods instead of amazings, you need to analyze whether you're hitting early or late more and adjust accordingly. If you seem to be hitting a bunch of early goods even though to you the receptors are "lined up" then go ahead and shift the judge offset +amount that way you "hit" those values a little earlier than the normal window, etc.

I'm headed to bed, but if you need a more detailed explanation I'm sure someone else will get to you before I'm back on. Good luck!

side note edit:
post a replay of you using the R^3 engine playing normally and someone can probably help you determine when you need to hit and what needs to be adjusted
Wow that's really helpful, thanks justin
Btw I changed my Speedmod to 2.8 and that seemed to work, but I still think the timing is still the tiniest bit retarded. I know I'm hitting them early and getting goods even though the receptors are lined up with the notes, so I'll adjust my offsets and come back to you

Quote:
Quote:
HEY
I'M NOT BLACK
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-11-2014, 03:46 AM   #6
arcnmx
nanodesu~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to arcnmx

Hide judge popups in settings, play through a song you're confident you can play well. On the results screen right click on the "Speed:" line under your score. The first number it gives (not the +/- one) is what you should use as judge offset. Keep checking it after a few songs and see how stable it is. Using a high framerate makes this process more accurate.

FMO AAAs (1): Within Life :: FGO AAAs (1): Einstein-Rosen Bridge
arcnmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #7
xxXitsunexx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcnmx View Post
Hide judge popups in settings, play through a song you're confident you can play well. On the results screen right click on the "Speed:" line under your score. The first number it gives (not the +/- one) is what you should use as judge offset. Keep checking it after a few songs and see how stable it is. Using a high framerate makes this process more accurate.
Alright I'll try this tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion ^_^

Quote:
Quote:
HEY
I'M NOT BLACK
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #8
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

What arcnmx said. Hiding the judge popups is what helped me improve with this.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote