AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase
Default Re: TWG CLXIV: Classics Man - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Not really here, just updating.
Just seeing sunfan in a better light after these last few posts. Please don't peace out before phase end.
I don't like Raeko at all. The bulk of her posts are responding to the UTR bullshit, a couple of reactions with hours and hours of silence in between. I thought she got a little better last night, but her "activity" today has been abysmal.
I'll likely vote from Raeko and Jade, pending DBP posts
I wonder why the bold is

oh, maybe because you and MML pushed her for hours on end on it?

the couple of reactions is not even out of her town range, I've said it and I'll say it again that I think you were maintaining a stupid expectation for raeko and were going to throw her in the scum pile if she didn't fit the box you laid out for her

Quote:
I said she was getting better at one point last night, but I definitely retract that after her lackluster day today.
Quote:
Have you read anything at all? I've repeatedly given this.
You. Haven't. Contributed. Shit.
Just disappear, defend, reactionmeme, disappear, defend, reactionmeme, repeat
Not caught up, but I don't think that's changed in the last hour.
I just don't think the last post is true, let me iso mellon now

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 02-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #2462
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

raeko content

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
People that seem towny to me so far:

I like Haku. He seems genuine. The vote on himself is just ? but seems like something town Haku would do. It seems kinda ballsy for a wolf to do for no reason

Lar has bad reads imo but I think that makes him look more towny in my eyes?

Proph's read list seemed good to me and the content he's had while he's been around looks good. Mostly a tone thing for this read

AA seems pretty good at least for today. He's been asking a lot of questions from multiple different players and he seems like the town AA I'd expect

I liked thesunfan's reads list as well, but I found the style he posted them in to be a bit odd, since I haven't seen him write many "essays" like that recently. However I liked the content of his posts
Quote:
Right now I'm leaning toward Shado, and not just because he is pushing me. It's because he is making a push way too early, way too aggressively and with much too flimsy reasoning. Yes I responded in an emotional manner but he just kept pushing, and pushing, rather than listening to me it seems. I think town players genuinely want to read people's responses and it didn't really seem like Shadow has been doing that, not only with me either.

I'm not sure how I feel about Xel. I suck at reading Xel but I haven't had any distinctly townie vibes from him. He seems like he is interacting a bit, but not a lot, and most of the things he's said haven't displayed much "original" thought

Jade is beginning to bum me out by not showing up, but I can't hold that against her quite yet. I think it's possible there are "UTR/inactive" wolves but I also think we need to give them a bit more time to accurately judge their activity levels

And oh Lar I'm playing this game, I didn't mean I'm going to stop playing. I meant I'm not going to interact with you because you aren't a nice person and this is supposed to be a fun game
Quote:
This is a really hard question for me to answer, I was actually thinking about this earlier. Honestly I don't really know. I seem to always be playing with AA when he is town, so it's easy for me to think "He's just like the last game we played!" which is obviously going to be one where he rolled town.

I guess right now it comes down to I haven't seen anything that is wolfy but I have connected the tone and style to how he plays when he is town. I also think he's an experienced enough player to fake his play style while he is a wolf though, so it's hard.
Quote:
I agree! so let's talk about them

Shadow being wolfy (upgraded from SHADY to WOLFY imo) which has had many good points from multiple players already stated

AA is defending me, but not just for the sake of defending me, he's doing it to call out Shadow's poor reasoning. I like that because he's not taking an easy vote on a human. And he seems to be calling Shadow out every chance he gets, so I don't see that as a very likely W/W combo

Lar IDFK he seems to have some sort of problem with me so I'm not sure if that is alignment indicative.
Quote:
I brought up that your entrance was weird too. I think it might have to do with your roleplay character and the short, choppy sentences? That sort of style could be easily faked as a wolf. It could also be the fact that you just showed up and made a few short posts and then left, but I think that makes sense given the timing
Quote:
why are you ignoring answering why you think Backpack is town? Quoting posts is not an explanation. We've all already read those posts in the thread and it does not add any original thoughts or content to the game by quoting them as a response
Quote:
Alright. I guess it's just not a very satisfactory explanation. It seems that you keep referencing posts you've already made, rather than expanding your thoughts when asked about them. This is suspicious to me
Quote:
because it comes across as doing the bare minimum. The more times a wolf has to repeat their stance about a specific thing in the game, the more chances for them to slip up. It's easier for them to reference their old post than fake an entirely new post and stay consistent
Quote:
OK

what are your thoughts on me calling you out right now?

Are there any people in your "null" pile that you could try to form a more solid read?

Things like that. You don't need to wait to be asked, you can come up with these sorts of "questions" to yourself and answer them in a post.
Quote:
I'm really tired I didn't sleep well.

I'm drawing a huge blank on roundbox. I know he was busy so I'm not finding his absence suspicious, but we haven't really crossed paths in the thread so it's hard for me to get a read on him. I don't like these ????s in my mind

Lar is trending from null to town to me. His posts from last night seem well thought out and give reasoning on every player in his reads list. Also his questions to people seemed like they came from a natural read of the thread

I think I realized what was bugging me about Witch's explanation of her town read on Backpack. Her main piece of evidence was one interaction which occurred a few hours after the game started. Although she did post a few quotes he made after that, she didn't say why she liked them, so it didn't seem like she was putting as much thought into the new information. Mainly basing a read off an hours-old interaction just seems weird to me.

The fact that she seemed hesitant to expand on her thoughts about this increase my suspicion here
Quote:
I feel like Haku was being a bit defensive toward Shado based on one small comment

I don't have a clear choice for who I want to lynch today

Witch still seems very suspicious to me because of her lack of willingness to be open about her thoughts. It seems like she only wants to share ideas when they are concretely formed, but that's not going to happen very often. It seems like an overly cautious mindset

Proph is kind of reminding me of when I do play UTR as a wolf (not trying to open that can of worms again just noting this). Dunno if this is enough to vote off of though
Quote:
DBP is a sketchy sketch I don't like his thread presence at all he feels like he's just skating by, none of his posts seem substantial

Witch is also sketchy for similar reasons. It feels like she does not want to post much substantial information which seems more likely to be a wolf trait

Sunfan is weird too, I can't quite place why, I wouldn't lynch him today tho
Quote:
Why do you keep making such long/serious posts sticking up for Witch, sunfan?
Quote:
DBP is a sketchy sketch I don't like his thread presence at all he feels like he's just skating by, none of his posts seem substantial

Witch is also sketchy for similar reasons. It feels like she does not want to post much substantial information which seems more likely to be a wolf trait

Sunfan is weird too, I can't quite place why, I wouldn't lynch him today tho
mellon consistently gives reads (both town and scum), updates, pushes witch, pushes sunfan for defending witch

sure doesn't fit the pattern outlined with "Just disappear, defend, reactionmeme, disappear, defend, reactionmeme, repeat"

not even close lmfao

Old 02-23-2017, 01:28 PM   #2463
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

you want to talk about cherrypicking? you handwaving her content and saying the disappear defend cycle is cherrypicking and misrepresenting at its finest

Old 02-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #2464
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Pretty sure AA is town, these recent posts re: shado are good
Old 02-23-2017, 01:31 PM   #2465
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
requesting people only lynch me or shado today, because I'm going to thunderdome shado here and win because he's a wolf and I'm town
Lol. This is kind of funny.
At 10/13 players remaining, a few hours into D1, I can't see town AA being so closedmindedly fixated on me (with his accusation really occurring after my vote on him) that he would insist on a lynch between us. If he were town, he'd know me being town wrecks the game and ends it if he's wrong. It'd go to 7/10 tomorrow, and then F5/F4 with 3/2 wolves after town AA gets lynched tomorrow (5/4 and 3/2 are dependant on vigi shooting (if alive) and whether or not he hits scum.) either way, that'd be game over.
Like, you're my top scum and I'd still have to reevaluate if you were closer to getting lynched, the fuck are you on about a thunderdome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 02-23-2017, 01:33 PM   #2466
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
At 10/13 players remaining, a few hours into D1, I can't see town AA being so closedmindedly fixated on me (with his accusation really occurring after my vote on him) that he would insist on a lynch between us. If he were town, he'd know me being town wrecks the game and ends it if he's wrong. It'd go to 7/10 tomorrow, and then F5/F4 with 3/2 wolves after town AA gets lynched tomorrow (5/4 and 3/2 are dependant on vigi shooting (if alive) and whether or not he hits scum.) either way, that'd be game over.
Like, you're my top scum and I'd still have to reevaluate if you were closer to getting lynched, the fuck are you on about a thunderdome?
because you're a wolf

Old 02-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #2467
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
raeko content

mellon consistently gives reads (both town and scum), updates, pushes witch, pushes sunfan for defending witch

sure doesn't fit the pattern outlined with "Just disappear, defend, reactionmeme, disappear, defend, reactionmeme, repeat"

not even close lmfao
Yes, and? We know she's town for sure now, so those posts will obviously look a lot better in retrospect. I didn't keep my vote on her cause I thought she was getting better, but I was obviously not very happy with her game when I posted the rinse repeat thing.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #2468
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
because you're a wolf
Lol whatever, man. Go drink some water or something FFS.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #2469
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

oh, let's see how many of those posts I quoted by mellon shado actually responded to, hmm?

mellon's post:

815: can't find anything, although DBP did respond to it in 874
913: nope
924: nope, but that's ok I guess because it's an elaboration of the read on me.
949: 952 wall of haha
1158: nope
1329: nope, in 1333 he instead chooses to talk to roundbox saying "Do not fear, I am here!"
1553: oh there's actaully a response in 1558, but it just says keep going

shado never actually presses mellon on any of her content, he kind of just watches her produce it and then sits back on his scumread. kind of like the vig turbo where he did that to dfr. no interaction with your scumread = nagl
and before he says he did interact with mellon, I can't find a single place where that didn't have to do with her not posting enough or something. when she actually posted content YOU DIDN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT

Old 02-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #2470
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yes, and? We know she's town for sure now, so those posts will obviously look a lot better in retrospect. I didn't keep my vote on her cause I thought she was getting better, but I was obviously not very happy with her game when I posted the rinse repeat thing.
and did you just ignore my point? you handwaved all of that and didn't even push her on any of that, for thinking someone hasn't produced content it sure looks like they did and it sure looks like you didn't care about whether they actually did produce content, being content instead to say she was being lackluster

Old 02-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #2471
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Quote:
seems like he's scumreading me here

Quote:
Lol whatever, man. Go drink some water or something FFS.
talks to me like he's town and I'm town here

k:

Old 02-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #2472
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
oh, let's see how many of those posts I quoted by mellon shado actually responded to, hmm?

mellon's post:

815: can't find anything, although DBP did respond to it in 874
913: nope
924: nope, but that's ok I guess because it's an elaboration of the read on me.
949: 952 wall of haha
1158: nope
1329: nope, in 1333 he instead chooses to talk to roundbox saying "Do not fear, I am here!"
1553: oh there's actaully a response in 1558, but it just says keep going

shado never actually presses mellon on any of her content, he kind of just watches her produce it and then sits back on his scumread. kind of like the vig turbo where he did that to dfr. no interaction with your scumread = nagl
and before he says he did interact with mellon, I can't find a single place where that didn't have to do with her not posting enough or something. when she actually posted content YOU DIDN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT
What. Fucking. Scumread. Are. You. Referring to??
I explicitly said I wanted to give her time so I could evaluate her content. I was watching her and trying not to be biased. Considering how she responded to our last interaction, the last thing I'd ever do there is push on her. The one thing I did push her on (as scum, not saying post more), even she said she saw where I was coming from. Why would I comment on her posts and sidetrack her again when she was just starting to post more??

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #2473
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
seems like he's scumreading me here

talks to me like he's town and I'm town here

k:
Go drink some water means "fuck off with that shit", if you didn't know.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #2474
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
I get that town tinfoils

but it feels like shado is keeping his options open here, rather than genuine tinfoil
You took the words out of my mouth
Shado *is* keeping his options open, but he's doing it in a pretty poor way

gonna talk more about it in my next post
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #2475
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
As I've said, his vote was opportunistically timed to take Witch (you) out of KitB, despite previous assertions that he wanted to give DBP a day, and despite maintaining a townread for majority of the day, and despite defending DBP in EoD all the way until sheeping sunfan at the very last minute.

The very same sunfan that he had just also given a day, despite noting his wariness. The very same sunfan who he's now saying he sheeped because he didn't think either sunfan or roundbox were wolves. How did wariness go to such faithful trust in a matter of minutes?

I don't buy it at all.
ok, lets say that he is taking Witch out of KitB (I mean he is so we agree here)

Why does he do this?

The way you frame it, you're calling it scummy for voting someone other than Witch, rather than for voting for DBP. I think it is very clear that AA/Witch is never a team in any universe, so this line makes absolutely no sense.

AA did NOT say that neither me or roundbox are wolves, but that he didn't think that we BOTH were.

He slipped in a really stupid tinfoil on me at the end of yesterday by talking about an emoticon I used

A FUCKING EMOTICON

If people think that a scumread on a player for using an emoticon is a justified read, I have no idea what to say to you. That shit is Haku tier.

He called Xel frozen when he was working at couldn't post.

He thinks Haku could be a wolf this game.
HE THINKS HAKU COULD BE A WOLF THIS GAME.

He's casting people in worse light than they really are, and there's no way this isn't scummy.

It reminds me of when I reread my wolf games and see the defenses that I gave to some of my actions/my teammates. Sometimes, the spin that you have to put on certain things is just terrible, but you do it anyway because its your playstyle and you believe in it.

That's what it feels like to me; he's trying to keep his mislynch options open (its possible the read on maybe Xel is on a partner, but you get my point)
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #2476
thesunfan
Role Tide

its to the point where I feel like I'm watching Charu play scum in an anon game
the shit is obvious to the point that it makes me mad to read his posts at this point
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #2477
thesunfan
Role Tide

Lar I have no idea wtf you were asking me in the post where you tried to vote me
my progression on DBP is there from yesterday if you want me to restate it I will but I'm not positive that's what you're asking from me
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #2478
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Sunfan's lynch pool being Jade/Lar/DBP sounds pretty ugly btw so, I support MML here.
that's not my pool right now
my pool includes only shado and I'm working on the rest

I admit that my pool yesterday was terrible and I voiced as much yesterday
I picked one name that I was confident in, and I'm fine with how I did that
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 02:18 PM   #2479
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
I doubt they are partners, but it is interesting to note how closely Witch is tied to the both of them at this juncture.
Between sunfan's defense and AA's saving vote, Witch doesn't look too good.
I could definitely see town sunfan making that defense, though. It's something I had been saying since earlier in the phase, so it's not a big stretch imo that those were his real thoughts on it. To clarify: thoughts being that all the scumleans on Witch were likely due to a conflict in style and meta resulting in a negative view due to unfamiliarity.
the reason witch was in dire straights to begin with was because of AA this makes no sense
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #2480
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Jade Harley View Post

i want everyone who reads it to name your strongest town and your strangest scum!

haku/shado
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread