Old 06-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran
 
MarcusHawkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 21
Posts: 1,061
Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins
Default Someone's cry for help

Hello people of the FFR community,


I wanted to make this thread to help spread some awareness and hope he can get some help.

Kagamine Len is an avid DDR player, moderator, and editor who helps tremendously for the player Dr. D. He helps edit, livestream, and do other activities that strengthen Dr. D's videos and the channel as a whole.

This morning, his mom passed away. With this loss, he doesn't have anyone to turn to for life or financial support. Both of his parents are gone, and he can't work to have an income, so he doesn't have a way to support himself. Case in point, he's not sure how to go forward.

Right now, the Dr. D discord server and community thought best to spread this to as many local and honest rhythm gaming and other supportive communities as we can, and hopefully give him the help he needs to move forward.

If you want to give him some financial support, here is the link to his PayPal.
If you want to reach out to him personally, his discord is Kagamine Len#3188.

Any kind of donation or support would mean the world to him right now.
Thank you all in advance.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3

Last edited by MarcusHawkins; 06-26-2021 at 01:55 PM..
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:36 PM   #2
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Event StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Posts: 5,737
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

and they tested positive for covid right afterwards

Dude, that major fucking sucks. Lose a support pillar to your life and then can't see/talk to anyone for 2 weeks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014






gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:19 PM   #3
melonpapes
FFR Player
 
melonpapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Confirmed: Sending supplies
Posts: 342
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

its nice that people are coming together to help. but, beyond that, do we have any plans to help them help themselves, so to speak? are they able to get on some sort of assistance in order to have some sort of income?
__________________
melonpapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 09:21 PM   #4
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
mi40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,622
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

why can't he work for income? just curious
__________________
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 09:38 PM   #5
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran
 
Mahou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 2,064
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
why can't he work for income? just curious
I was just about to ask but you beat me to it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty rhino View Post
one does not simply hate everyone that plays stepmania
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:32 PM   #6
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 30
Posts: 1,720
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

people can have all sorts of reasons that they can't work, from physical disabilities to PTSD or other mental issues. It's none of your business

melonpapes is on the right track about offering them resources to find assistance outside of online donations. is there anyone from the online community that is local to him?
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:24 PM   #7
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran
 
MarcusHawkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 21
Posts: 1,061
Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
melonpapes is on the right track about offering them resources to find assistance outside of online donations. is there anyone from the online community that is local to him?
He lives in Indonesia, and as far as what I've heard, they're in a super tough spot given their current status with the coronavirus, meaning their social services are nearly maxed out. So, I believe that they're hoping that the coronavirus situation improves before they can take steps locally.

I hope it's actually brighter than that, though
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:34 AM   #8
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
mi40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,622
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusHawkins View Post
He lives in Indonesia, and as far as what I've heard, they're in a super tough spot given their current status with the coronavirus, meaning their social services are nearly maxed out. So, I believe that they're hoping that the coronavirus situation improves before they can take steps locally.

I hope it's actually brighter than that, though
that really fucking sucks. with the new delta variant going around and all that. thanks for the clarification
__________________
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #9
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Batch Search Engine Developer
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
DossarLX ODI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 27
Posts: 14,630
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Reached out and provided some help. That's a terrible situation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2021, 05:41 PM   #10
choof
Banned
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,300
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
why can't he work for income? just curious
ya for real who cares if this kid's parents are dead, better suck it the fuck up and get a job bro
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2021, 06:25 PM   #11
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
mi40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,622
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ya for real who cares if this kid's parents are dead, better suck it the fuck up and get a job bro
are you ok dude? i was asking if he has other hardships in his life that have been weighing him down because those things would probably help him get additional support from people
__________________
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2021, 11:12 PM   #12
choof
Banned
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,300
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
are you ok dude? i was asking if he has other hardships in his life that have been weighing him down because those things would probably help him get additional support from people
literally all you asked is "why cant he work," we all know the sentiment behind what you posted initially
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2021, 11:24 PM   #13
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
mi40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,622
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
literally all you asked is "why cant he work," we all know the sentiment behind what you posted initially
jesus christ you need to lighten up choofers, now we know their social services are maxed out in a country hit hard with covid which wasn't mentioned in the original post nor on the person's twitter, which provides more of an incentive for people to donate. when people are donating money for a cause there's a reason why people set up gofundme pages etc with adequate details so people know where the donation is going and why
__________________
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2021, 11:55 PM   #14
choof
Banned
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,300
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

lighten up about what exactly
there is nothing here to be lightened up about

Last edited by choof; 07-1-2021 at 11:56 PM..
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2021, 11:59 PM   #15
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
mi40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,622
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

well either way choof, i apologize if i came off the wrong way but this time i was genuinely just asking. i didn't mean it to come off as rude especially when it comes to someone's loved one passing away cause i've dealt with that pain as well
__________________
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2021, 09:01 AM   #16
choof
Banned
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,300
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

was probably a bit needlessly aggro but it's frustrating seeing people default to "well shouldn't they just get a job" when we're dealing with a global pandemic, many countries are seeing massive unemployment spikes
kid's unemployed with no support system and then catches covid mere hours after their mother dies, idk about you but the last thing that'd be on my mind would be work. especially given that they're going to be self-isolating for 2 weeks (or more). it's not like they can rope in a job interview any time soon

Last edited by choof; 07-2-2021 at 09:01 AM..
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2021, 09:21 AM   #17
Akaunei
FFR Player
 
Akaunei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 136
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
was probably a bit needlessly aggro but it's frustrating seeing people default to "well shouldn't they just get a job" when we're dealing with a global pandemic, many countries are seeing massive unemployment spikes
kid's unemployed with no support system and then catches covid mere hours after their mother dies, idk about you but the last thing that'd be on my mind would be work. especially given that they're going to be self-isolating for 2 weeks (or more). it's not like they can rope in a job interview any time soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ya for real who cares if this kid's parents are dead, better suck it the fuck up and get a job bro
oh REALLY now
Akaunei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2021, 10:10 AM   #18
choof
Banned
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,300
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaunei View Post
oh REALLY now
it absolutely makes sense that a moron like you wouldn't get hyperbolizing a perceived sentiment behind what mi40 posted because it was a bit of an asshole question to begin with

Last edited by choof; 07-2-2021 at 10:12 AM..
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2021, 10:54 AM   #19
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran
 
Mahou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 31
Posts: 2,064
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
lighten up about what exactly
there is nothing here to be lightened up about
I really don't think he was trying to infer "you need to just go find a job"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty rhino View Post
one does not simply hate everyone that plays stepmania
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:16 AM   #20
len_kagamine
FFR Player
 
len_kagamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 2
Default Re: Someone's cry for help

hey guys, it's me, Len
first of all, sorry for bad English since it's not my first language

thanks for all the support
it's a bit late, but last Monday i took a covid test (swab antigen btw), and i'm NEGATIVE
still, i have to keep myself fit and follow the strict health protocol

as you may already know, the covid cases in Indonesia increased really high, around 54k cases today, and that left me speechless... and let's not talk about the death cases....

also for the job... i have applied to some companies, and last Wednesday i got called by one of those companies and took the online test
they said they will make a decision in 14 days (since last Wednesday) if i'm qualified the test and have the interview or not

anyways, have a good day/night/midnight, stay safe~
len_kagamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution