Old 04-1-2019, 12:33 PM   #201
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 30
Posts: 71
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Reading this side by side is pretty funny, not gonna lie.
What am I supposed to say? "Great reasoning buddy you got it"? rofl

The only thing anyone knows for sure on D0 is their own alignment, so of course I'm going to read people based on how they read me when we don't have anything else to go on yet.
mellon_collie is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 12:34 PM   #202
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

do you think anyone's scummy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 12:39 PM   #203
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 30
Posts: 71
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
do you think anyone's scummy
If this was directed toward me: at this point in time, not particularly. I'm hoping things will become a bit more clear to me when everyone chats in voice later. I do think Lar's reasoning is pretty flimsy. But I'm not sure if that makes him scum, or if that just makes him Lar and he has to find issue with the way I respond to everything for some reason.
mellon_collie is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 12:44 PM   #204
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,107
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
thesunfan
Yesterday at 6:42 PM
STOP
Stop posting that
This is pretty towny of SunFan here, unless DPB is his partner or whatever

Which i don't believe for a second sooooooo I think SunFan looks good here
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

.
MixMasterLar is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 01:31 PM   #205
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
If this was directed toward me: at this point in time, not particularly. I'm hoping things will become a bit more clear to me when everyone chats in voice later. I do think Lar's reasoning is pretty flimsy. But I'm not sure if that makes him scum, or if that just makes him Lar and he has to find issue with the way I respond to everything for some reason.
is mml frequently suspicious of you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 02:25 PM   #206
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 406
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Zenith, if you're out there, do you plan on joining discord anytime soon?
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 02:28 PM   #207
Hakulyte
meanwhile in Hakuverse
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,222
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

unvote

I don't have a solid vote and I'm out of time. Not enough information imo.

I'll let you guys figure things out on an even field at least.

This shouldn't happen in later phases hopefully.
Hakulyte is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:00 PM   #208
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

raeko
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:10 PM   #209
Xelicopter
FFR Player
 
Xelicopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
This is pretty towny of SunFan here, unless DPB is his partner or whatever

Which i don't believe for a second sooooooo I think SunFan looks good here
YOU TOWN READING SUNFAN FOR THIS, IS VERY WEAK.

/WHIRRRRRL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelicopter View Post
if you have any questions about any of my opinions, please fuck off because I don't care about you

if you have any questions about any of my reads, please fuck off because I won't have any, and I encourage you to refer to sunfan's reads instead

/WHIRLLLLLLLLLLLL
Xelicopter is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:11 PM   #210
Xelicopter
FFR Player
 
Xelicopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

OR RATHER, IMPLYING A TOWN LEAN OFF IT. DON'T WANNA PUT WORDS IN YOUR MOUTH.

/WHIRRRRRRRRL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelicopter View Post
if you have any questions about any of my opinions, please fuck off because I don't care about you

if you have any questions about any of my reads, please fuck off because I won't have any, and I encourage you to refer to sunfan's reads instead

/WHIRLLLLLLLLLLLL
Xelicopter is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:13 PM   #211
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

/whiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllll
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:15 PM   #212
Xelicopter
FFR Player
 
Xelicopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
/whiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllll
ON A MAGIC HELICOPTER RIDE

A WHOLE NEW /WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelicopter View Post
if you have any questions about any of my opinions, please fuck off because I don't care about you

if you have any questions about any of my reads, please fuck off because I won't have any, and I encourage you to refer to sunfan's reads instead

/WHIRLLLLLLLLLLLL
Xelicopter is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:26 PM   #213
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 406
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelicopter View Post
ON A MAGIC HELICOPTER RIDE

A WHOLE NEW /WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL
ok ok
this one fucking got me
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:32 PM   #214
Xelicopter
FFR Player
 
Xelicopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
ok ok
this one fucking got me
WAS TEMPTED TO GO FURTHER.

/WHIRRRRRRL
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelicopter View Post
if you have any questions about any of my opinions, please fuck off because I don't care about you

if you have any questions about any of my reads, please fuck off because I won't have any, and I encourage you to refer to sunfan's reads instead

/WHIRLLLLLLLLLLLL
Xelicopter is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:47 PM   #215
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 30
Posts: 71
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
is mml frequently suspicious of you?
pretty much every game. The only exception I can think of right now is the last OOTC game, he wasn't suspicious of me. But pretty much every other game yes. And it's always for the way I'm "acting" and not because of votes, actions etc. Lar thinks he knows exactly how I would react in every single situation for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
raeko
what's the reasoning behind this?
mellon_collie is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:51 PM   #216
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
what's the reasoning behind this?
you seem defensive

there's still some time before eod, but i thought i should put a vote out before then
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 04:55 PM   #217
mellon_collie
FFR Player
 
mellon_collie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Age: 30
Posts: 71
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you seem defensive

there's still some time before eod, but i thought i should put a vote out before then
apparently I am both too defensive and too casual in my responses

maybe look for something more concrete somewhere else?
mellon_collie is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 05:05 PM   #218
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

it's really hard to do that when nothing in the game's going on

im bored
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 05:53 PM   #219
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran
 
Wineandbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,012
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Boo

booooooooooo
Worry not, I have arrived

temporarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I cannot take this exchange as a valid intention while thinking at the possibilities.
I found Haku's confusion to be confusing. For me it would be extremely reaching for finding sunfan sus in that exchange alone; I didn't even understand what the "I believe there is truth in there somewhere" was referring too until I looked way back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Doesn't seem weird to me??? Taking it as theme meme it is it looks like they where posted right after I left voice.


How serious is SunFan's vote here because I didn't take it to be what he was going to ride to the bank on.


It was also Boats and that was like....2 years ago? Probably? Meh.
I'm not sure why but I liked this post, in a town-leany way. But now that I'm looking back I have some reservations that I didn't before

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
Hi Pozzai it is I, Raeko

I think I like you too. You seem to be picking up on subtle things and started analyzing the game already. I would be expecting townies to be trying to start a town circle and that's what it appears you are doing.

Also, I am a girl and you can use she/her instead of they if you want ^_^
To address the raeko/pozzai thing, the bolded I found a bit awkward. There's nothing really inherent wrong with it but the wording was... forced? I'm not really sure myself, I could be biased from the accusation.

fwiw I don't think raeko has done anything particularly scummy after this. Her retorts are all in line with how I would expect someone to respond to those accusations. (except one post addressing charu which I'll cover below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I like the reasoning you have but having played with Raeko I think she would be the opposite in this case. If she was turn she would start complaining that you're going for the mislynch. I think it's at best a null read.



She does this all the time. If you call her town you are 100% always in her town pile. Question that and you're a scum lean. If you want proof I promise the next solid scum pick she'll have is me because of this post.



A - too early for a town circle; nothing has happened.
B - looking for townies day 0 is extremely easy to fake
C - You say Town Lean goes into a Town Circle but my definition of "lean" is closer to a null that you have a particularly feeling about. Say I have town lean on Pozzai right now (which I do): What I mean by that is he is for all intent and purpose sitting null but I like what little I see and would "lean" him over to the town side of the room.

So if that's what the term means I would in no way invite a Town Lean into my Town Circle because Town Circle Drive is the block party where only the cool absolutely towns get invited to.
This is semantic and kind of reaching. I don't think "nothing has happened" warrants blame for forming a town circle (or at least leans depending on your definition), in situation of whatever discord text/voice chat I missed before I subbed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzai View Post
I think their annoyance outburst in regards to people dicking around is more likely to come from a town and they didn't turn defensive when called out by Duk3 going "found the wolf".

Scum would be fully okay with the goings on and would imo tend to be inclined to respond to a call out because it might "seem scum to just ignore it" while town dgaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzai View Post
In all fairness they did respond to me saying that the read I gave on you, they'd flip in your case specifically, so I don't think there's anything inherently 'wrong' in how they're going about it?

People read specific people differently, what I gave was a "in most cases my experience is that this is town" ie, 90% success rate or whatever. Lar said they agree, but you fall in the 10% category not covered.
I like the second post you made here clarifying your initial observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
apparently I am both too defensive and too casual in my responses

maybe look for something more concrete somewhere else?
Concreteness is a bit difficult to find in d0 which you acknowledge yourself

Though looking back, I didn't feel like you necessarily had to defend against Charu in that particular quote back a few posts, in this one particular respect I agree with funnygurl that you are being somewhat defensive (I can't really acknowledge pozzai's observation of your casual dismissal yet, though perhaps I will go back and check)

I'd like to hear Zenith's thoughts when he has a chance
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude
my semen is flying through the air as we speak
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017


Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.


Wineandbread is offline  
Old 04-1-2019, 05:59 PM   #220
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,107
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelicopter View Post
YOU TOWN READING SUNFAN FOR THIS, IS VERY WEAK.

/WHIRRRRRL
I think it's fair to say that I wouldnt lynch him d0 for him doing something small that seems town to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
pretty much every game. The only exception I can think of right now is the last OOTC game, he wasn't suspicious of me. But pretty much every other game yes. And it's always for the way I'm "acting" and not because of votes, actions etc. Lar thinks he knows exactly how I would react in every single situation for some reason



what's the reasoning behind this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
And it's always for the way I'm "acting" and not because of ... actions.
Aiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

All I am going to add here is that I think my normal complaint is you don't hardly post most games, which I admit is not an issue this game or last. I always feel like I have to poke you into doing anything and a good 99% of the time it's very defensive with as short of posts as you can possibly get away with. People have to drag out your reads which you are never prepared to give and if you name one scum it is always always always the guy who poked you.

Which is me more likely then not.

And I will freely admit you are town those games much more then not. I don't know if I have ever gotten into it with you when you where actually wolf but it is with this expectation that I found your response off in a way that seemed like you where more or less handwaving it away. That simply doesnt sit well with my gut.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

.
MixMasterLar is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution