Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

Old 06-4-2005, 09:59 AM   #21
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: The Voting Record: A Speed Game For Two Teams

I'm with Blah and TPS, and thought that last night when I read this. Some more clarification from Chardish would likely be beneficial...

What I understand is... we can post in the forums, or in IRC, or something... for 10 minutes or so? So, we all know who each other are in the game... but, when we vote, we use a "codename", so we can't tie a vote to a person. The sage knows the codenames of the people, not their real names... so they still have to work to figure it out also.

What I see is if someone smart gets the Sage, they use logic and by day 3-4 have the wolves pegged. If someone who isn't so smart gets the Sage, they blab out some useless info and the position is moot... or they keep quiet about everything and never figure anything out and die in silence.

I also see that this seems to be VERY random, as stated above. With minimal to no talking, the game becomes not only who is a wolf... but who is which codename. So phase 1 is to figure out which codename goes to which person. phase 2 is figure out the wolves. And before phase 1 ends, all the humans are dead.

So, correct me if I'm wrong about this Chardish. I'm interested to know what you have to say in response, because I'm sure you thought this through more than people are giving you credit for doing. I have a feeling we're just misunderstanding what you said more than anything.
Old 06-4-2005, 10:30 AM   #22
User6773

Clarification. Or, in other words, restating what I already wrote for people who didn't read it thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardish
(in fact, any communication with other players is against the rules.)
You cannot talk with anyone else through the entire game for any reason whatsoever. The reason anonymous codenames are used is to a) prevent random voting for power players on day 1 and b) to resist the temptation to IM other people.

I'm thinking of getting rid of the rule about wolves not knowing who each other are AND allowing the wolves to talk to one another. It's too stacked for the humans otherwise when the wolves are acting like idiots on the first couple days, at least.
Old 06-4-2005, 11:29 AM   #23
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

And see, I thought it was the other way around... stacked against the humans.
Old 06-4-2005, 12:12 PM   #24
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

And how is the Sage supposed to "communicate as best he can" when there is no communication allowed?
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
whorlichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2005, 12:24 PM   #25
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Through votes?
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2005, 12:33 PM   #26
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Through votes would work, as long as they are made public.. Was that in the rules? I'm bad with rules.

EDIT: Yup, it's in the rules >_>
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2005, 01:01 PM   #27
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

I'll give it a shot, but only if it's a little more cleaned up.

hydrojakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-4-2005, 01:26 PM   #28
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

I don't like the idea of the sage at the moment. Chardish has to fix it a bit for the wolves to make it mor even. Though, if the sage wasn't always human, it could help a bit. That way, even if he does know all the wolves, he may be one himself, though, then I guess it would be given away if 3 wolves died and he was still left. The game doesn't seem fun as a sage.
Old 06-4-2005, 05:56 PM   #29
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Honestly, I really think the one thing that makes TWG work is communication. Without communication, I see everything becoming random, and the votes will have no backing to them.

Also, with these ten minute days, it makes things even worse. You have a few minutes to look things over, and you have to vote. Most of the time, the votes will probably be complete guesses, while the others will be on someone who bandwagoned twice in a row. Another problem with this is that with such a short period of time, and the PMing of the votes, nobody HAS to give any reason for their vote. The wolves can just lol along, because there will never be any hard evidence against them throughout the game. With communication, the wolves have a chance to slip up. Without it, they can easily win the game.
Old 06-4-2005, 05:58 PM   #30
Tps222
FFR Player

No one knows he votes

private pm's no discussion

no bandwagons
Old 06-4-2005, 06:03 PM   #31
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Quote:
Each player has an anonymous codename and PMs the host every vote they make. At the end of the day (which should usually be about 10 minutes, enough time to think about it but conversation isn't necessary), the host posts every player's vote.
Old 06-4-2005, 08:17 PM   #32
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

As long as no one bandwagons (wolves shouldn't because that would be the only tell, really), then the game is completely random, except for two things: the Sage, and the wolves. The wolves don't know who each other are, of course, but after the wolfing thing gets dwiddled down after awhile, they can finally figure each other out.

So, this means there are basically two things for humans to pick up on: voting patterns from who they hope might be the Sage, and slow voting curves from the wolves. Wow, that's not a lot, is it? =/ I think more special roles should be added, or something.. There's just not enough to vote on.

One question, though, and it's not in the rules this time :> Will the host post every player's vote on the second round of voting? I guess this would help a lot for the humans.
Old 06-4-2005, 10:17 PM   #33
User6773

Default Re: RE: The Voting Record: A Speed Game For Two Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117
One question, though, and it's not in the rules this time :> Will the host post every player's vote on the second round of voting? I guess this would help a lot for the humans.
Yes, and this is a stupid question. Did you really think that voting would be blind for every day after Random Day, aka Day 1?

I think communication between wolves is the only way to make it balanced for the humans, really.

Remember that the fact that everyone's true role is revealed upon death is a huge, huge advantage for establishing voting trends. Even as a wolf, tossing a safety vote for a wolf who's not in danger won't be enough to save you against the most logical of minds.
Old 06-5-2005, 02:36 PM   #34
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Default RE: Re: RE: The Voting Record: A Speed Game For Two Teams

Oh yeah. Forgot that.

But I guess I phrased my question poorly. What I meant was the second round of voting each day, with the two most popular candidates for wolves being decided on.