Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 02-10-2021, 12:21 PM   #21
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: what's the oldest dream you can remember having?

Has anyone else actually "died" in their dreams? Like usually you wake up at the point of impact or whatever but in my case I just stay in the dream for a while afterwards. In the case of falling, getting run over, eaten by an animal, ripped apart by a robot, etc. the places in my body that should be experiencing pain go numb or tingly and when I wake up they remain that way for a bit. I'll also feel like I'm being pulled around sometimes, no actual pain though. I'm guessing that the real world experience of a limb losing blood flow and "falling asleep" guides my dream state to try and explain what is going on.

I've experienced two types of flying in my lucid dreams:

1) Sprinting really fast and then jumping into the air like superman (this only worked the first time and I woke up after I got frustrated after a few failed attempts)

2) Jumping and then leaning backwards so I'm in a semi-sitting position in the air. This isn't really flying but hovering a few inches off the ground. First time I did this I was running down some stairs and then realized I was just floating down them, it was awesome. Other times I've done this and can stay in the air as long as I want to, sort of like a never-ending jump. One time I accelerated almost as if the source of gravity was in front of me rather than in the ground...that was a little weird and I woke up when the speed got out of control.

edit: my lucid dreams suck now because almost immediately after I realize I'm dreaming I'll wake up

Last edited by Dynam0; 02-10-2021 at 12:30 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:57 PM   #22
( ゚д゚)彡
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Has anyone else actually "died" in their dreams? Like usually you wake up at the point of impact or whatever but in my case I just stay in the dream for a while afterwards. In the case of falling, getting run over, eaten by an animal, ripped apart by a robot, etc. the places in my body that should be experiencing pain go numb or tingly and when I wake up they remain that way for a bit. I'll also feel like I'm being pulled around sometimes, no actual pain though. I'm guessing that the real world experience of a limb losing blood flow and "falling asleep" guides my dream state to try and explain what is going on.

I've experienced two types of flying in my lucid dreams:

1) Sprinting really fast and then jumping into the air like superman (this only worked the first time and I woke up after I got frustrated after a few failed attempts)

2) Jumping and then leaning backwards so I'm in a semi-sitting position in the air. This isn't really flying but hovering a few inches off the ground. First time I did this I was running down some stairs and then realized I was just floating down them, it was awesome. Other times I've done this and can stay in the air as long as I want to, sort of like a never-ending jump. One time I accelerated almost as if the source of gravity was in front of me rather than in the ground...that was a little weird and I woke up when the speed got out of control.

edit: my lucid dreams suck now because almost immediately after I realize I'm dreaming I'll wake up
i've never had dreams experiencing an actual death but i've had dreams about after the fact that i'm just witnessing real life from another spacial dimension
i still experience actual pain and shortness of breath and things like that and they just go away as soon as i wake up
as for flying in dreams i have those every now and then and they're always different
sometimes i'm just hovering and can either keep doing it or not
other times i'm about to jump of a cliff or something and can either glide down or fly a bit higher from where i started
or sometimes i can just glide straight up and explore like the feeling you'd get from swimming underwater
the most memorable ones for me are the ones where i'm free falling and suddenly find a way to catch myself and glide somewhere
Old 02-10-2021, 03:02 PM   #23
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

my oldest dream was actually my first moment of consciousness. was 3 years old, and i was riding one of those mining carts down a track. then the track suddenly dropped down and my cart started falling down towards a pit of fire. i then jolted awake into the existence i'm currently living in lol

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:54 AM   #24
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Has anyone else actually "died" in their dreams?
Yep. A couple times. One time where I felt that same sort of body drag or numbness, also with a side of cold. Another time where I was literally a ghost looking at my own funeral.

Quote:
Consciously spin around in a circle. Works almost every time. Buys you maybe 10ish seconds.

Counting also helps, but requires focus. Spinning in a circle doesn't.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-11-2021 at 02:56 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:12 AM   #25
Rivaloo
Banned
FFR Veteran

Yeah I've had dreams with some odd physics to them, I can relate to running into flight and hovering like Kirby o_o

Only difference is I couldn't suck bad guys to get their power .-.
Rivaloo is offline   Reply With Quote