Old 12-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Zapmeister
FFR Player

Default Streets [58 or 50]

Disclaimer: This thread is TOTALLY NOT a blatant attempt at trying to unlock [Heavy]. It's DEFINITELY not true I'm only trying to get this bumped down so that it falls within the [Heavy] difficulty range, and the fact that I can score far, far better on this song than any other song I know of in the 50-57 range is just a complete coincidence and has NOTHING to do with me trying to manipulate ffr difficulties so that I can easily unlock [Heavy]. I'm CERTAINLY NOT being sarcastic in ANY WAY whatsoever. No, REALLY, I MEAN it. What, you think I'm lying? I find your lack of faith disturbing. I really do.

This song plays like a 40 to me (yes, a 40). It's entirely constant 165bpm swung 12th patterns with no more than 12 notes per second:

The main difficulty arises in the very cramped one-handed patterns in the last 300 notes, for instance, 3[13] 3[34] 34 [34]4 43, then 2[24] 2[12] 21 [23]2 [23]2 12. Personally, since you get a break every 2 taps, I don't find them particularly troublesome at all, far easier than (say) the purple patterns in Blue Marine, for the sake of comparison. Although I'm certain 58 is far too high, it's hard for me to compare its difficulty accurately - I can't find any other song that emphasises one-handed patterns as much as this one does, and since people do tend to have trouble with one-handed cramped things in general, I'm suggesting 50. Any thoughts?

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Streets [58 or 50]

Thread approved. I'll give my input on this later.

There are three swing files within the range of 45-58 to my knowledge (there's probably a lot more), which are Amefuri Koneko (51, but definitely underrated but I'll save that for another time), Streets (58) and Blue Marine (47).

Streets' main difficulty doesn't come from the speed of the swing, but the patterns themselves, which are very minijacky and one hand biased in general, compared to Blue Marine which although has faster swing patterns (and a couple of streams to boot, which is something Streets doesn't have), has simpler and easier patterning overall. I find the minijacks created by the swing in Streets harder than Blue Marine and I'm pretty sure most players would find the minijacks in Streets harder than the short streams in Blue Marine if they weren't fast enough. It's definitely not that much harder though, so I think that it should be 4 points higher at most, which is 51.

Definitely agree with it being overrated, but I'd much rather see 51, but 50 is fine too.

Would like to have input from other players though, I'm not good at determining difficulty at this range.

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 12-24-2013 at 08:30 AM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

58 may be a tad bit high, I recall it being one of my very first VC AAA's so I'd judge that it's a pretty low VC at most. The drop down to 50 seems very unjustified however. You give a good comparison of the file compared to a 58 to show how it's not a 58 but there is no justification of putting it down to 50. I'd need more convincing if you want my support for getting it down to that difficulty.

EDIT: lol, I'm a dumbass, I thought Blue Marine was a 58 when in fact it's lower than a 50. My bad. I'll play both files and see what I think about the difficulty drop afterwards. Note however, that simply one example is not enough, it just may be the case that in reality, Blue Marine should be bumped up instead of Streets being bumped down.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

Last edited by reuben_tate; 12-24-2013 at 07:13 AM..
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
FontSize72LOL
☆~{2D <3}~☆
FFR Veteran

Streets is one of those files that look easier than it actually is. Its not very dense, however what it lacks in density, it makes up in awful transitions and uncomfortable patterns. It is also one of those files that if that people can score well on if they have the right skillset. Personally i have more trouble on it than most 60's, but that's because I'm generally bad at that kind of file. Even so, It probably shouldn't be a 58, I do not think it warrants a bump all the way down to 50 though. Although, i wouldn't mind seeing it at 56. I don't really think you can compare Blue Marine and Streets. They're both 12th Swing, but the way those files play are much different. Streets plays more like a slower, watered down Hardkore Atomic without the bursts/mess.

Get Kancho'd

FontSize72LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

dont think blue marine should be 51 imo, blue marine was surprisingly easy for me and I think streets is where it should be 58

the jacks are kinda awkward and when you play that file the first time you haven't really encountered too many jacks. So they are new to you and pretty hard. Coincidantelly I played this file when I was still playing lvl 50-ish songs and I found this song really hard. Now that I play more around lvl 60-ish songs it's pretty easy so I think it's perfect where it is, maybe you can put it 2-3 lvls down, because the song is a 1 trick pony when it comes to difficulty.

Last edited by M0nkeyz; 12-24-2013 at 08:16 AM..
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Blue Marine is a 47.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #7
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

I was actually thinking this when I played that file recently. IMO I think it deserves a rating 52-54. For me it's one of those files that's not hard, yet it is. The mini jacks combined with a jump that tend to favor one hand, definitely make this file tricky and worthy of a low 50's rating.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I thought blue marine was underrated when it came out, it plays to me more like a low 50. Streets honestly feels more like a 56 to me; it takes a lot of consistency because it repeats the jack into jump pattern over and over.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
so I think that it should be 4 points higher at most, which is 51.
You said yourself it should be 51 o_O
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

I would like to contribute something useful, but im having trouble deciding on this song. Its hard for me. I dont like the jumps turning into mini jacks the entire song, and that one hand part is hell. I can say that 58 is probably a couple points to high considering i don't get goods, just boo's and misses.

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The file is too weird to be any lower than a 55 for me. The reasons being 1. It's mostly minijacks at a decent speed. 2 They're minijacks into jumps. Sometimes the jumps are splitable. 3. At a point in the file the jacks switch from being single jump into jump single and it's the most awkward nerve wracking transitions I've seen.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
You said yourself it should be 51 o_O
I was referring to Streets being a 51. I compared Blue Marine to Streets.
Old 01-7-2014, 09:21 PM   #13
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000

keeps streets as is. it looks easy yes, but repetitive patterns and minijacks to jumps plus swing make it trickier than it looks. I still haven't AAA'd that file

and i just don't know if it actually plays like a 40 to you... like what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
popsicle_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-7-2014, 09:30 PM   #14
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44

I'd say bump it down to a 56. This will tell about the easy patterns and the awkward transitions.
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2014, 08:15 PM   #15
Zapmeister
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 View Post
walking on water is a 24th-swing 40-rated song with similar nps, so in terms of purely reading ability they're about the same, but the patterns are much less weird. and i score equally well on both songs

maybe i'm biased because finger dexterity comes naturally to me as i'm a pianist? *shrug*

also in case you haven't figured this out already: everything i said in tiny text in the first paragraph is a lie. i'm going to be blunt: i want [heavy], so i'm creating this thread in advance. otherwise i'll be forever stuck in d2

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #16
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins

Quote:
keeps streets as is. it looks easy yes, but repetitive patterns and minijacks to jumps plus swing make it trickier than it looks. I still haven't AAA'd that file

Aw, come on man! You haven't AAA'd it yet? Sure, it's a pain in the butt, but it's the easiest song out of the songs to AAA to get St. Scarhand Standard. That's how I got the token!

Anyways, rate it down to like a 55 because it's too easy to be a 58, yet a pain to AAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #17
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

Yeah, this feels like a high 40s to low 50s to me, I could see it drop to 50. Of course, the main difficulty of the song is awkward one-handed patterns, and, being a one-handed player, "one-handed" patterns have no effect on me, so maybe I'm not the best judge of this...
Old 02-26-2015, 03:46 AM   #18
FF_rules
FF Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Nope not a 40-49 at all. I say it could be lower, since it's a fairly straight forward pattern to learn, but those mini jacks.

FF_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #19
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

It was my first 58 AAA but I'm good at jacks. Anyways, IMO it should be a 56 for the tricky step/jump jack patterns, but not dense enough to be higher than that.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #20
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My personal opinion?

Streets down to 52, done.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote