Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Agree (In Principle)?
Yes. 2 66.67%
No. 0 0%
Undecided. 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS
Default Get rid of the damned forum sprawl.

Look at the amount of Forum Sections there are. There's a lot. Too many. Far too many--and this can be solved pretty easily.

For example, do the Stepmania and DWI sections have to be separate? No. Merge them. Then, do the Pump It Up! and Other Music games sections have to be separate? Certainly not. Merge them, as well.

Do we need a Garbage Bin? Hell no. It's just a postwhoring mania. It's like Chit Chat, but even more inane and stupid. The same goes for Games Forum...either nerge these two, or get rid of both completely. They serve no purpose on this site--furthermore, Garbage Bin stupidity has this odd tendency to spill out into all the other forum sections, with stupidity flying everywhere. Either pull a Chardish and make the Garbage Bin bearable (and name it Chit Chat R2 [this is a joke]), or delete it completely.

Now, here is a more controvercial idea, but it serves its purpose. Merge Statis PlayGround and 32 bit RGB Forum sections. Neither of them are terribly active, and they're both similar things. Therefore, they work well together.

Here's something that I don't even know if I would like it, but do you think it would be a good idea to merge FFR Suggestions and FFR Bugreport? Maybe not. Perhaps Bug Report and FFR General would do. I don't know.

But there's a lot that could be done. Seriosuly.

EDIT: Oh, man, how could I forget? The Garbage Bin Archive serves even less purpose than the Garbage Bin. Get rid of it.

The Dead Zone. Either put ALL THE DEAD THREADS in it, or get rid of it. It's just taking up space, and moderators and administrators almost never add old threads to it. The additions are few and far between, not to mention pretty arbitrary as well.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default RE: Get rid of the damned forum sprawl.

I don't think it is too bad. Though, I agree with your simulator combinations.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

While I do agree with you mostly in principle, it doesn't really matter, so I don't think this should be done. Sure the forums are more cluttered this way with extra forums, but they're also grouped absolutely correctly.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #4
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

The garbage bin will never be deleted. It was once before, and Synth got mad cause it's apart of FFR history. It's gotten a lot better over the last few months.

We have combined a few forums earlier this year, I guess we can look into combining some further. I don't really see anyone complaining about the number of forums (suggesting isn't complaining ), so it isn't really a priority.