Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #301
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Default Re: World of Warcraft

I want old school challenging fights back damn it!

I fiddled with my spec a little and got a retardedly amazing threat-building spec.

And fine, here's my ****ing armory link you guys that were pitching a fit because I hid it.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lneas&n=Tessel
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #302
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Um...I think the only person who said anything was me, and I just pointed out that by hiding it, you made me curious enough that I went and found it anyway. I don't think anybody was 'pitching a fit'
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #303
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...am&n=%C3%8Ezzy

heres mine.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #304
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Wow, all I hear you complaining about is that the game is too easy, and you barely even have any epic gear...? You ain't seen nothing yet.

You ran OS last night and found it easy. Well, here's a newsflash: OS is really easy. The very first time I ran OS, I was in a 25-man version with only 19 people. Nobody died.

OS is only difficult if the group decides to leave the dragons alive for the fight to increase the drops. Moreso if they go for the gusto and leave all three alive.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #305
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

With three drakes up OS is 10x harder. AKA It's awesome.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #306
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Wow, all I hear you complaining about is that the game is too easy, and you barely even have any epic gear...? You ain't seen nothing yet.

You ran OS last night and found it easy. Well, here's a newsflash: OS is really easy. The very first time I ran OS, I was in a 25-man version with only 19 people. Nobody died.

OS is only difficult if the group decides to leave the dragons alive for the fight to increase the drops. Moreso if they go for the gusto and leave all three alive.
No ****, i hit 80 like a week ago, and i already have 5 epics. Don't act like you know anything about this game when you have only been playing post tbc. That was just pathetic squeek. If you knew anything you would know how much of a joke the games difficulty is now.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #307
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Then why are you only wearing Rares?

I hit 80 just a few weeks ago myself and I'm already topped out on Heroics.

I only have a problem with people like you who have been playing forever saying the game is too easy now. I deleted a long-winded post explaining why I'm annoyed at this sentiment, but I'll express it as easily as I can.

The game is not easy. It's easy to do one of the thousands of possible things, but to say the entire game is easy is a joke no matter how long you've been playing.

If you want to say it's easier, then that's fine. I know it's easier than Classic, because Classic was ridonkulously stupid. The main reason I didn't play Wow back then (other than money and time issues) was because the game was a total grindfest. You still have to work hard to get things done though. It's not as if the game hands you all your epic gear without any effort at all.

The only reason you and I have any epic gear at all is because we run in groups with other people who have epic gear already. The game is much harder when a new expansion comes out, since you have to run normal dungeons over and over and over again just to get gear for Heroics just to get gear for normal raids just to get gear for heroic raids just to get gear for the next tier of raids.

I'll admit the game isn't hard, but that's because a difficult game is a turn-off. Have you ever played Ninja Gaiden? You'll die so many times you won't stop at just snapping the controller in half in frustration. When your sole income comes from repeat customers, you have to play to the mass market. Of course, Blizzard is smart enough to know not to make the game too easy, because then people like you would be done and stop playing. I wonder why all these level 80s haven't just unsubscribed if they're all done? Maybe because they're not all done and it's actually more challenging than you think to get all your gear, or maybe they realized that there are other things to do than just grind in dungeons all damn day.

And like I said, that's one tiny portion of a huge game. If you're finding getting gear to be too simple, why not start leveling an alt or getting all of the achievements or catching the 0.002% fish or soloing the leaders of the towns I mean it's so ****ing easy right?

I'm just annoyed with you people saying the game is too easy when you've been grandfathered in the entire time. If you started Wrath at 70 with maxed out gear from BC, you have no idea how hard it was to start in Borean at 68 with all greens from quest rewards. My entire grind in Northrend was a massive pain in the ass solely because of a lack of gear. I even had to do both Borean and Fjord until there were no quests left to do solely because I lacked the gear. And it's even more fun doing it all without a flying mount or the ability to spend any money at all along the way since I needed 7,000 gold to get normal, epic, and cold flight training. I didn't even get epic flying until long after I hit 80. If Blizzard decided to be cruel and bump up the cold training to 10,000 to make it a little more even (since 5,000 gold was a lot during BC times), then I would be doomed for all eternity.

And I still have never gotten an Epic BoE.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #308
Izzy
Snek

I really don't care how much you defend the work you have put into it so far. The game is straight up easy now and I will stick with that statement forever. I can farm around 500g in 30 minutes and i can get an epic a day. Those should take months, not days.
nothing else in the game is hard either, achievements just take alot of time running around the game.

I don't care if you are annoyed with me thinking its easy, I am just laughing at you for thinking it isnt.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #309
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Why would you not get improved Revenge?

I hate tanking because I'm in a small guild, and if I want to pug i have to start the raids or I dont go

My spec is this. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...12521330113321

You don't really need a lot of shield block because it's insanely easy to get shield block percentage to go up, AND you should have shield block up most of the fight :P

FDIT: Yeah, WOTLK is really easy compared to BC. Let's hope Ulduar is harder.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #310
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

ITT Squeek confuses "time-consuming" with "difficult"

I was defense capped for heroics and raiding by level 76, and overcapped by 78. All I had to do between 78 and 80 was sub out some defense for stamina and I was doing 10-mans my first day out. Even just in comparison to TBC, it was a MUCH faster gearup compared to even getting Kara-ready.

Last edited by devonin; 02-13-2009 at 08:41 PM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #311
Izzy
Snek

I have only farmed for maybe 4-5 hours. I don't know what else i could possibly "need" more for in the future besides gems and repair. I still have 3k atm for that.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #312
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Yeah, just because it eats your time doesn't mean it's difficult. The hardest part of raids is getting a group.

EDIT: I use a lot of gold buying epics that I can't find/can't get groups for.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #313
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

The game used to be extremely time consuming and difficult. Squeek, you had the advantage of leveling through 1-60 on reduced reduced simplified 3x xp. I think the xp required to hit 60 has been reduced two times and all the once hard quests that actually required a full group with tank, dps, and heals are now soloable. It took me at least 2 months to go from 1 -> 60 when I first played.

When BC came out, I had a fairly difficult time getting gear or even doing heroics. The only dungeons that people ever did in heroic were the ones you would have done on normal mode between the 60-65 bracket. Otherwise, the rest of the level 70 dungeons had to be done under normal mode or it was almost damn well impossible. I guess I was "grandfathered" into several epics in BC, but that was only in one raid. Our guild had a difficult time getting past Karazhan and even after we did, we still never finished any of the harder raids. We never completed SSC, The Eye, The Battle for Hyjal, or Black Temple. I wasn't even around for the last raid that came out, but needless to say, I missed out on a lot of content and lore just because the game was not the easiest thing.

Although I didn't have an extremely hard time getting my epic flying mount, my friends spent months trying to buy them. They had difficulty paying for both the mounts and gear they needed in order to perform well on normal level 70 dungeons or raids. They finally got their epic flying months months well into the expansion and if you were only planning to play for a couple months, you would definitely not have earned it. Even in WotLK, an epic flying mount wasn't something you could by with questing money by the time you hit 70, but at least you had questing gold from 70->80 to help you out.

I'm not saying the game should be harder, but it's a good thing that it's easier. You have to consider that not all people play World of Warcraft day and night and that most gamers are considered casual. In fact, I'd consider my guild a "casual" guild because most members realize that real life takes advantage over the game. If you miss a raid or four, you won't be kicked from the guild. Had the game been at its original difficulty, progression would not be as easy and a lot of these people, including me, would have missed on most of the experiences the game has to offer.

In fact, I'd have to say that the difficulty of the game is on a perfect level for the casual people. Our guild is working on progression through the game still. We haven't cleared Sarth with 1, 2, and 3 drakes up as well as The Eye of Eternity. We're currently working on 1 drake up and we plan to start on The Eye of Eternity. Even though we've cleared Naxx 10 before, we still struggle to get through it. However, we are able to make progression week by week instead of having to run Karazhan for 3 months before fully completing it and another 3 months till we were geared for the 25 mans.

The game isn't easy nor is it hard, but the game is less time consuming. You don't have to spend as much time accomplishing a goal.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #314
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
Why would you not get improved Revenge?

I hate tanking because I'm in a small guild, and if I want to pug i have to start the raids or I dont go

My spec is this. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...12521330113321

You don't really need a lot of shield block because it's insanely easy to get shield block percentage to go up, AND you should have shield block up most of the fight :P

FDIT: Yeah, WOTLK is really easy compared to BC. Let's hope Ulduar is harder.
For starters, I hate having low avoidance. I think that having the stats more towards dodging and parrying a little bit better than just taking reduced damage. I didn't want to get the Imp Revenge because seeing IMMUNE popping up every 6 seconds gets ungodly annoying. My threat is already some of the best on my server, so why bother with a small increase?

Shield Block should not always be up because it's a 10 sec skill with a 40 second cool down... I do pop it every time it's up on a boss fight, but that's only so I can get bigger SS crits(so far my harders with Lath's trinket and shield block is 8.5k).

Averaging at 7.6k threat on a single target is good and all, I just still wish I could do what paladins do. fight for a minute then go afk until the fight is over.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #315
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Shield block doesnt give you higher shield slams. And it's up far too often to not use it constantly.

My avoidance is good enough, I'm working on expertise and hit rating right now.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #316
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Uh, yeah it does dude.

Shield Block - Block chance and block value increased by 100%.

Shield Slam - Slam the target with your shield, causing 990 to 1040 damage, modified by your shield block value, and dispels 1 magic effect on the target. Also causes a high amount of threat.

Which means, my shield slams do roughly 1.4k damage noncrit normally, 2.9k crit normally and 2.9k normally with shield block and 5.8k crit with shield block.

Last edited by Sir Psycho; 02-14-2009 at 12:35 AM..
Old 02-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #317
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Whatever apparently I know nothing about the difficulty of one MMO compared to another having only played a dozen or so in my life.

Here's "easy" to me. Trickster. You want the best equips in the game? Pay us $10. You got it. You're done. Want to refine/gem them to be the best possible? Pay us more money. Look at that, you have the best gear imaginable in under five minutes. No joke. When leveling, just having a full party nets you 2.5x exp. You can kill everything in one hit regardless of class.

In other news I just ran Naxx-25 for the first time. The group was past the first spider boss so we started on the second mob. Everybody assumed I knew everything which made it fun to run but I'm also not a dumbass so I didn't die. They were only one boss in and by the time the group disbanded we had run every other quarter, ending on Thaddius (who is an annoying piece of ****).

Got Dying Curse too. 2nd best trink for spellcasters. Not a single token for War/Hun/Sham dropped.

Last edited by Squeek; 02-14-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Old 02-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #318
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Thaddius is an easy as **** fight if everyone pays attention to their debuff and follows the direction you run when your debuff changes.

Only fight I find difficult, is Grobbulus. My new guild was shocked when I kited him the opposite way and was a little slower at moving him when he was dropping his poison clouds... I'm not used to people doing things were the healers have to try a little harder.

Gluth can be a difficult fight if the people in charge of kiting the Zombie Chow scrub it up a bit.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #319
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Here's "easy" to me. Trickster. You want the best equips in the game? Pay us $10. You got it. You're done. Want to refine/gem them to be the best possible? Pay us more money. Look at that, you have the best gear imaginable in under five minutes. No joke. When leveling, just having a full party nets you 2.5x exp. You can kill everything in one hit regardless of class.
I wouldn't even consider that an mmo. I call it crap.

To me final fantasy 11 seemed hard. After level 10 you couldnt even level without 5 people. when you die you lose 10% of your level.
Gear takes weeks to save up for. Once you hit level 50 you have to do huge long quests to be able to continue leveling. After like a year and a half i got to level 55. More just time consuming but finding a group is what was hard, because it was absolutely needed.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #320
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

I wish I could get my paladin to 80. He's been sitting at halfway to 75 for some time now and the retardedly long time it takes to get to 80 is just keeping me from wanting to level him.

I want a healer D: