Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2016, 03:48 AM   #221
Gruzzly_Bear
FFR Player

Default Re: The Etterna Project

oops i made the icon really big i'll send a fixed one to mina

ps: installer got removed
everyone has a different idea of what division 8 is and where the cutoffs are and what constitutes them and then people just pull numbers out of their ass and try to compare those numbers to other people pulling numbers out of their ass based on totally different metrics and then you just a self propelled self reinforcing shitfest of mass confusion so deep that people don't even realize they're confused

Last edited by Gruzzly_Bear; 12-24-2016 at 04:03 AM..
Gruzzly_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:08 AM   #222
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

huh, dunno what happened, it's fixed now though

e: i bet i hit publish before saving draft after adding installer, i just figured it would automatically save the changes if i did that

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-24-2016 at 04:09 AM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #223
XeoStyle
FFR Player

The new update in one picture .

More seriously, as you said if you take the jack value appart it's actually accurate (like compare a jack value to another one) but really underrated compared to the others value. But well I think you already saw that ^^

I was wondering, is there anyway to change how playing on rate sounds like? Like changing the pitch make things sounds really weird lol. Is there any option you can switch ? If not it would be cool to have one.

But well, with the french community we all switched together to Etterna and so far we're having a really good time (and a lot of FPS jizz it's nice), really appreciate the work you guys have done it's really cool !
XeoStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #224
Flossy97
FFR Player

Yes, if you go to preferences.ini in the save folder, there is an option "EnablePitchRates." By default it's set to 1, but changing it to 0 will make rates not get pitched
Old 12-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #225
XeoStyle
FFR Player

Oh nice, thanks ! :V
XeoStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:59 AM   #226
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

my game crashes before it gets to the results screen on everything i've played so far ;_;

http://pastebin.com/MbSsfGYP

EDIT: in preferences.ini, it was blank for "SoundDrivers=".. gonna try "SoundDrivers=WaveOut", not sure why it doesn't have this now

EDIT2: nope, still crashes..

EDIT3: Fixed, ty mina

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 12-24-2016 at 03:14 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #227
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

it has nothing to do with sound drivers

you have a file for which one of the charts bombs when trying to convert from a stepsid to a steps object, producing a null object and the game forces an exit with the error message "Crash reason: 0, 3, """ (steps type, difficulty enum, and description)

it would be really nice if whoever wrote this error message had the prescience to include the songdir of the chart that's bombing out, but they didn't

needless to say this shouldn't be possible in practice, null is only returned if the steps vector is empty and if there are no steps for the file in question the loading process should disregard the file and never load the song in the first place

the function that calls conversion of a stepsid to a steps object also first checks the validity of the stepsid before trying to get a steps object from it

so basically you have a reference to a steps object that doesn't exist in a song that shouldn't be loaded being called from a function that should have skipped the chart in question 3 times before it ever got to that point

i'm assuming since i havent been blowing up with crash reports from anyone else that this is relatively isolated

if you pm me discord contact info i can help you get it sorted out

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-24-2016 at 12:38 PM..
Old 12-25-2016, 01:38 AM   #228
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

https://github.com/xwidghet/stepmani...ases/tag/0.53a

hotfix addressing the above issue
Old 12-28-2016, 05:07 AM   #229
mwes
FFR Player

very minor:
1.0x score is displayed in brackets even when 1.0x rate is selected.
After exiting network settings, it goes backs to main screen instead of settings, which is just a bit inconsistent?

Favorites:
When i go to favorite from titles it shows a missing theme elements error

I also cannot seem to favorite songs and use the = key to search by artist or author. I have no clue why this happens though.
mwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #230
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Search only supports alphabet characters, so for example if you want to search for "BF2014" you gotta search for BF, as pressing the #s switch between tabs.

-/= is for changing rates, so it wouldn't let you type that into the search either, by the same logic.
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #231
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwes View Post
very minor:
1.0x score is displayed in brackets even when 1.0x rate is selected.
thanks for catching this i can't believe I haven't noticed

Quote:
After exiting network settings, it goes backs to main screen instead of settings, which is just a bit inconsistent?
i believe that is intended to expedite smo access

Quote:
Favorites:
When i go to favorite from titles it shows a missing theme elements error
this is happening due to the group not having any songs in it and it tries to fallback on a display banner that doesn't exist

Quote:
I also cannot seem to favorite songs and use the = key to search by artist or author. I have no clue why this happens though.
the favorite hotkey won't work on the netselect music select if that's where you're trying to do it, if you're doing it from standard music select then I need more context

the '=' key should be supported in the search filter, however there are plans to redesign the whole system so i wouldn't worry about it short term
Old 12-28-2016, 09:43 AM   #232
mwes
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Search only supports alphabet characters, so for example if you want to search for "BF2014" you gotta search for BF, as pressing the #s switch between tabs.

-/= is for changing rates, so it wouldn't let you type that into the search either, by the same logic.
in newer versions you can use author=/artist= to search for different fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
thanks for catching this i can't believe I haven't noticed

i believe that is intended to expedite smo access

this is happening due to the group not having any songs in it and it tries to fallback on a display banner that doesn't exist

the favorite hotkey won't work on the netselect music select if that's where you're trying to do it, if you're doing it from standard music select then I need more context

the '=' key should be supported in the search filter, however there are plans to redesign the whole system so i wouldn't worry about it short term
both are in normal music select, i use a english UK standard keyboard layout in win10, running 0.53
Old 12-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #233
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

also update on what to expect in 0.54:

filters and search updates have fallen by the wayside in favor of prioritizing calc updates and skillset expansion as well as an in-game interface to browse your profile breakdown (top 100 scores in any skillset etc)

it'll also afford an interface to manipulate your profile should you wish to invalid/prevent scores from being rolled into your player rating

e: mwes its probably a layout thing then?, try changing your windows keyboard layout settings to us/intl and see what happens, although it's hard to imagine that would fix the favorite shortcut key not working
e2: i have german layout kb and had no issue, and plugged in my oid layout keyboard and it worked fine as well using both welsh and us/intl layouts, so thats probably not it, i would sit tight until we update the search stuff since we'll probably be redoing the input method in the process

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-28-2016 at 09:51 AM..
Old 12-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #234
mwes
FFR Player

nope changing keyboard layout didnt work out but dosent bother me that much yet so
Old 12-28-2016, 09:43 PM   #235
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

discord server for development is open now https://discord.gg/ZqpUjsJ
Old 12-29-2016, 04:40 AM   #236
TyroneSama
FFR Player

Feature request: LR2 + GLAssist lets you random select out of a given difficulty range ("give me a random ☆11 pls"), so you can just turn your brain off and play a bunch of stuff that's more or less at your level. Would be cool to see something like that.

Could even integrate it with player rankings, make it a one-button command to get something that's within a certain range of your peak skill. Or break things down into skillsets, so if you feel like practicing jacks (for instance), you can just tell Etterna "give me files with jack difficulty of ~24 MSD". Something like that.

Actually, that last suggestion would probably be pretty cool regardless of whether random select had anything to do with it.

Last edited by TyroneSama; 12-29-2016 at 04:43 AM..
TyroneSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #237
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

filter stuff is in the works and that would be derivative of it and can be done yeah
Old 12-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #238
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

is it also possible to have like, a patcher that only updates files that got updated, so you don't have to re-install, then move everything over from your previous install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #239
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

short answer yes

long answer probably never going to be worth it from a time x return on investment viewpoint

if you install it into the default install dir and just let the installer uninstall/reinstall on its own you should pretty much get that

actually idk let me ask widghet about it now that i'm thinking about it really most of what changes is the exe and it probably wouldn't be too hard to have custom nsis scripts for patching released alongside a full installer

but maybe it would be
Old 12-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #240
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

oh, so it should be fine to just run the installer on the current directory that the previous build was installed to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote