Old 09-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
JohnRedWolf87
Backlogger of Hobbies
FFR Veteran

Default Five Nights at Freddy's

No one's mentioned this yet? Interesting.

There's this horror game that's been out for about a month now called Five Nights at Freddy's.

Basically, you work as a night security guard at a Chuck E-Cheese ish restaurant called Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. That by itself doesn't sound too terrible, other than the fact that the animatronic mascots start wandering around and are trying to kill you.
Stuck in the security office and armed with nothing but access to the facility's cameras, switches for the office's electronic doors, and a light switch (to check the blind spots right outside your office), you must survive until your shift ends at 6 AM.
Make it to 6 AM, and you're safe. Yes, even if death is staring you right in the face!

In response to this, one might say "That sounds terrifying! No worries, though. I'll just shut the doors and use the cameras to keep an eye on those assholes!"
Ah, but I forgot to mention one little detail: everything runs on a generator with limited power. Use of the cameras, blind spot lights, and doors consumes said power. And when the power goes off, you're all alone in a dark office just waiting for Freddy and friends to waltz right in (and they won't hesitate to do so!)

I haven't played this game, and I will probably never play this game. However, I am in the process of watching a playthrough, and even that's difficult for me. I don't know what it is about this game, but it terrifies me in a way no horror game ever has. It's even slightly reawakened my fear of the dark! Then again, I'm a newbie when it comes to the horror genre of video games. What do FFR's horror veterans think?

The game is available on Steam.
Here's the first episode of Markiplier's playthrough:

xBBx Takedown's First Tournament - 2nd Place (Beginner)
ZC_Wolfy's Birthday Tournament - 3rd Place (Novice)
Dragons_Fury One Division Higher Tourney - 2nd Place (Novice)
Samurai7694's Ultimate Enduring Fabulous Tournament - 3rd Place (D1)
Dark_Chrysalis' 1st FFR Bowl - 2nd Place (D1), 13th place overall
Panic4Me and MrMagic's Thanksgiving Tournament - 2nd Place (D1)
JohnRedWolf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

People who find out about horror games from pewdiepie frustrate me.
That game was out for a good while before any youtuber gave it attention.

/rant

Anyway, thought it was an interesting take on the whole 'jumpscare horror' thing with the minimalist feel it had. I found the goofy little 'plot' thing with the guy on the phone was just annoying, in my mind it didn't add or detract to anything after the second night or so and was just a pain to sit through. I also didn't much care for it being completely random, example: I died tons of times on night 4, but somehow coasted through night 5 without an issue, whereas when I went to replay it, I coasted up til night 3 and then the death spree began.

All in all it's pretty good, like all games it has it's flaws and whatnot. Definitely packs in the jumps when you're trying to watch the screens and then end up getting charged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O

Last edited by Red Blaster; 09-11-2014 at 07:49 PM..
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
ricochxxx
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Five Nights at Freddy's

This game scared the shit out of me! I couldnt play it! Ahahah I ended up throwing my laptop across the room!
ricochxxx is offline   Reply With Quote