Old 09-4-2011, 11:25 PM   #61
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: osu! — Rhythm is just a click away!

Already working on a second beatmap. Only this time I am going to make 3 seperate difficulties.
Old 09-4-2011, 11:34 PM   #62
BeatofIke
Forum User

For some reason I think osu is going to be the next stepmania in the future.
BeatofIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2011, 11:44 PM   #63
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatofIke View Post
For some reason I think osu is going to be the next stepmania in the future.
I hope this is a joke

osu has surpassed SM in every single aspect and is doing infinitely better than arrow smash games in general

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2011, 11:46 PM   #64
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

osu erryday (o::

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Ziergdsx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2011, 04:54 AM   #65
NekoGon
щ(゚Д゚щ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to NekoGon

fuc........

edit: o

Last edited by NekoGon; 09-5-2011 at 05:25 AM..
NekoGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2011, 06:42 AM   #66
lolpwnlol
FFR Player

So many pro players here... hurr...
lolpwnlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2011, 11:19 AM   #67
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
I hope this is a joke

osu has surpassed SM in every single aspect and is doing infinitely better than arrow smash games in general
GD's right.

♥ Extensive leaderboards with montly themed rankings? Check.
♥ More accessible leaderboards that are easier to read, more functional and include player location? Check.
♥ Integrated beatmap ranking submission system, which allows fellow players and MATs/BATs to improve a map's quality? Check.
♥ Built-in online connectivity? Check.
In-game song downloading for donators? Check.

These are just a few functionalities osu! has that SM doesn't. As superior as SM5 is to SM3.9(5) and 4, it still has virtually no functionality compared to osu!.

SM just isn't what it used to be.
Old 09-5-2011, 11:40 AM   #68
kjwkjw
>w<
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Not a hard map but here's another SS!!

Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
Project Sekai 437 / Princess Connect! ReDive 265
kjwkjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2011, 01:04 PM   #69
BeatofIke
Forum User

Quote:
I hope this is a joke

Wait, I didn't mean it that way. I know that osu is doing SO FAR better than stepmania or other arrow smashing games. I meant in terms of the game getting increasingly popular just like stepmania did in the past, THAT'S IT. Osu is NEVER going to be like stepmania in terms of losing popularity/interest. The game and the community is just well organized, and is consistently updated and not full with eiltists, bugs, crashes, etc that could possibly detstoy the community. Osu is ONE community, and not separate communities (e.g. Xoon, Otaku Dream, ODI, etc.) like stepmania was. When I first saw how organized osu was, I always ask myself, why can stepmania be like this? Why can the stepmania community become one community? It's too late now, the game is dying. Ultimately, osu isn't going to make the same mistakes that stepmania did and will continue to increase popularity in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziergdsx18 View Post
osu erryday (o::
Yes, Osu everyday!
Old 09-5-2011, 01:20 PM   #70
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

woop. finished mapping the beginner difficulty. Now to finish the other two.
Old 09-5-2011, 01:41 PM   #71
BeatofIke
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
GD's right.

♥ Extensive leaderboards with montly themed rankings? Check.
♥ More accessible leaderboards that are easier to read, more functional and include player location? Check.
♥ Integrated beatmap ranking submission system, which allows fellow players and MATs/BATs to improve a map's quality? Check.
♥ Built-in online connectivity? Check.
In-game song downloading for donators? Check.

These are just a few functionalities osu! has that SM doesn't. As superior as SM5 is to SM3.9(5) and 4, it still has virtually no functionality compared to osu!.

SM just isn't what it used to be.
I know Gundam-Dude is right, including you 100%. I ONLY meant that osu and the community is increasing and becoming more popular, just like Stepmania did in the past. I was thinking: new generation. That's the reason I posted that.
Old 09-5-2011, 02:37 PM   #72
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatofIke View Post
I know Gundam-Dude is right, including you 100%. I ONLY meant that osu and the community is increasing and becoming more popular, just like Stepmania did in the past. I was thinking: new generation. That's the reason I posted that.
It's very hard. There have been heaps of StepMania "reboot" attempts, none of which took off. The community is so scattered and disinterested that it's virtually hopeless to pull everybody together.

I'd love to see SM come back to life in a single community just like osu!. I guess I've just given up.
Old 09-5-2011, 10:20 PM   #73
XKiNGXkILLaX
FFR Player

I haz Osu! My name is [Saixdeath] I'm not that great yet, only level 21 but my Accuracy is 91-92% I play hard normal and easy hard (like Tough normal songs and Simple Hard songs) Add me if needed, I'll add ya back
Best FGO Score: Frictional Nevada (9-0-0-0)
Best FMO Score: Thrash (4-0-0-1)
XKiNGXkILLaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2011, 10:37 PM   #74
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
It's very hard. There have been heaps of StepMania "reboot" attempts, none of which took off. The community is so scattered and disinterested that it's virtually hopeless to pull everybody together.

I'd love to see SM come back to life in a single community just like osu!. I guess I've just given up.
Dis is true

As much as I'd also like to see or even take part in a true stepman revival, the community for Stepmania itself (at least, the community surrounding ffr/kbo/(thirdstyle)/rf/bx/odi/smg/etc.) is at a crossroads. Most of the people from the time Stepmania had a decent following have moved on, and some of us who are still lingering just don't have the time, interest, or dedication to spearhead a legitimate effort to give some much needed CPR to Stepmania.

I remember Shikari posting a thread about reviving Stepman a while back, and I haven't really seen anything put into action yet.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 01:08 AM   #75
XKiNGXkILLaX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
I remember Shikari posting a thread about reviving Stepman a while back, and I haven't really seen anything put into action yet.
A new Megaman boss!?!?
Old 09-6-2011, 01:12 AM   #76
XKiNGXkILLaX
FFR Player

Quote:
I hope this is a joke

There is only one arrow smashing game I can think of that is free to play, but it is downloadable, and makes huge money from "donators" (You can buy stuff on the game) and that would be SDO-X, Now I know many people would google it or something and point it out as stupid, It has a lot of different game modes from Taiko, Regular 4 key mode, Showup mode, Reverse mode, 6 key and more. I play this game and it actually is the only up to date game other than osu! they do weekly updates, monthly new songs, and new stuff to buy. Just my opinion. Sorry for post-whoreing, just took a second glance at this thread and just thought I'd put some things out.
Old 09-6-2011, 01:47 AM   #77
LJRoX
Banned

edit yo post
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 02:05 AM   #78
LongGone
-
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKiNGXkILLaX View Post
There is only one arrow smashing game I can think of that is free to play, but it is downloadable, and makes huge money from "donators" (You can buy stuff on the game) and that would be SDO-X, Now I know many people would google it or something and point it out as stupid, It has a lot of different game modes from Taiko, Regular 4 key mode, Showup mode, Reverse mode, 6 key and more. I play this game and it actually is the only up to date game other than osu! they do weekly updates, monthly new songs, and new stuff to buy. Just my opinion. Sorry for post-whoreing, just took a second glance at this thread and just thought I'd put some things out.
SDO is quite a wreck though IMO. While Osu is community driven, SDO is run by a game company, they are in control of adding songs and content to the game (with of course, the legal issues of copyrighted songs popping out now and then makes me surprised how they survive till present). I won't argue about the notecharts but objectively, offsync notecharts are not uncommon. There are a lack of songs for higher level play (I do know SDO China has a load of hard dumps though), at least speaking from SouthEastAsia region. The updates don't really tempt my interest either (personally), it all seems like the same vanilla charts slapped onto generic mainstream songs. The worst part is, most "players" I see use the game more as a chatroom and making out than actually playing haha, I don't feel any sense of game-driven spirit with my limited time playing it. The only thing I like about it is that compared to SM are the game mechanics (somewhat), SM really needs force-released holds and no chord-cohesion being a KB game.

It seems that so far, community-driven rhythm games have done pretty well (see Osu, Stepmania, FTB, etc.) with only the well-established standalone games like GH, Bemani and arcade rhythm gaming surviving.

..I sound like an elitist typing this out ._.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
people age at a rate of about 1 year per year

Last edited by LongGone; 09-6-2011 at 02:08 AM..
LongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2011, 02:31 AM   #79
XKiNGXkILLaX
FFR Player

I agree with you. But SDO has all the Copyright info for their use. And about Gameplay, Yes I know people use it as a chatroom, because I see like 50 rooms of just Chat. But as you were saying, SDO China does have the hardest songs of the SDO Collection, and SDO USA is unobtainable due to closing of Acclaim. SDO-X (Malaysian servers) doesn't have the toughest songs, but most of them are a little tricky in their own way.I wish they did a huge loltrythisbetyoufail dumpfiles but they won't. Also about a community, SDO-X is actually sponsored in a worldwide Tournament, Which 2011's tourny ended, it was held in Singapore. The World Cyber Games tournement for any of you that heard. If only SM or FFR or anything had something like that. It would get it going.
Old 09-6-2011, 03:52 AM   #80
LanJiao
Banned

apparently i dont agree with you
LanJiao is offline   Reply With Quote