Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Other Music Games

Old 12-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #41
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Which Rhythm Game are you from? and how did you get here

DDR Supernova on the Playstation 2. Got addicted to the game in a similar way people here got addicted to Guitar Hero, but a year earlier. Looked up tips and tricks on how to improve at that game once I hit that barrier between difficult/expert charts, and the soft ceiling of using a plastic pad, and it lead me to FFR Forums.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #42
klimtkiller
D4
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I was on kongregate looking for impossible badges to grind. I found a game called 'Super crazy guitar maniac deluxe 2' which is a left-scrolling rhythm game using arrow keys on one hand and ASD keys on the other. that was the first rhythm game i ever played.

Later I saw someone I watch on youtube (yosniper) playing thirdstyle. i thought it looked really fun, so i played on there for a while too. i found out about FFR not long after starting with thirdstyle, but i didnt start playing ffr as my main rhythm game until a while later.
klimtkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #43
Quubo
FFR Player

I come from the mobile game "BanG Dream! Girl's Band Party!". I decided to play some browser rhythm games. I found Bemuse Ninja (one I found first) and this game. I liked Bemuse more at first because I didn't like FFR's default key set-up. I watched a video about browser rhythm games, and FFR was in the video. After watching that video, I learned how to changed the key set-up. My current key set-up is DFJK.
Quubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #44
Sanjixcon
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm from FFR stumbled across this site 3.52 years ago after watching random hand-eye coordination videos on Youtube. Never played a rhythm game in my life before this. I remember starting out with 1 hand on the arrow keys thinking how are people so freaking good at this game? Then after a couple weeks I learned about spread technique and was like oh okay now I can actually hold a combo. About 6 months after that I discovered Etterna and that's when the real improvements started and I hope to one day reach D7 on this site :]
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:06 PM   #45
untested treatment
FFR Player

Started on DanceOnline probably the best player on DanceOnline, no one beat me I destroyed most of them easily, People where in awe at my skill. I actually spent money on it bought some clothes for my character and players where amazed at my cool character, I was the talk of the town!!!! FULL COMBO RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW LEVEL 15, then it went bust maybe in 2009 can't remember.
untested treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #46
Andrew WCY
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I didn't really come from a rhythm game. When I was 12, I saw some Youtube videos on some of the best players at the time playing hard songs in DDR. Searching in Google for 'online ddr simulator' gave me results to some online Flash games and FFR. I eventually stuck with FFR because it feels the best out of all other online alternatives.
Andrew WCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:59 PM   #47
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by untested treatment View Post
Started on DanceOnline probably the best player on DanceOnline, no one beat me I destroyed most of them easily, People where in awe at my skill. I actually spent money on it bought some clothes for my character and players where amazed at my cool character, I was the talk of the town!!!! FULL COMBO RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW LEVEL 15, then it went bust maybe in 2009 can't remember.
did u ever play SDO-X? SDO-X Global is still a thing

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 12-28-2019 at 08:00 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:43 PM   #48
untested treatment
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
did u ever play SDO-X? SDO-X Global is still a thing
Yes I did, I remember after DanceOnline closed I had a huge void in my life, I missed tapping the keys to the beats of "Low by Flo Rida" and "Fancy Footwork By Chromeo" (which if I recall was my first lvl 15 Full Combo)

I remember having trouble signing up because it was based in Philippines or Malaysia, I also remember being a beta tester on some strange Dance game which went no where, I would love to know the name of it now.
untested treatment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 08:53 PM   #49
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by untested treatment View Post
Yes I did, I remember after DanceOnline closed I had a huge void in my life, I missed tapping the keys to the beats of "Low by Flo Rida" and "Fancy Footwork By Chromeo" (which if I recall was my first lvl 15 Full Combo)

I remember having trouble signing up because it was based in Philippines or Malaysia, I also remember being a beta tester on some strange Dance game which went no where, I would love to know the name of it now.
https://sdox.cibmall.net/

I played it for a solid bit but I S/A+'d the hardest songs in it and they don't really add more songs so I sorta got bored, it's pretty fun tho, my girl in the BG is lookin fly as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e21k...youtu.be&t=92s

this is the hardest song in SDO-X tho and its just like lolvibro so idk:

https://youtu.be/HObVADb3yNE?t=112
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #50
revolutionomega
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to revolutionomega Send a message via MSN to revolutionomega

Originally from DDR, played DDR Max2 Arcade Cabinet at my bowling alley and then my parents bought me Extreme for PS2. I eventually went back to purchase Max, Max2, and went on to buy SuperNova and ITG all for PS2, then buying a foam insert pad at home.

Somewhere in this time frame moving from 8th grade into freshman year my friends in the "Asian Club" who had a DDR Day once a month directed me to FFR and Stepmania. And many years later here I am!
Old 02-22-2020, 06:57 PM   #51
lukestepwalker
NEVER GOIN PRO
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lukestepwalker

I think my name gives it away! XD Yeah a DDR player and FFR player around the same time! https://youtu.be/uEu7X6Cv9ws
lukestepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:14 PM   #52
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Good bump, surprised I haven't posted in this yet

My first music game was Percussion Master and hats off to ya if you've ever been able to play that, it's not exactly a common machine. I wish I could find MP3s of that soundtrack I always wanted to step Rock Opera

But the same arcade had a DDR Extreme back when Extreme was still only a year or so old, and it wasn't long before I got over being nervous about my weight and started it. DDR Extreme JP is pretty much what I consider my first proper rhythm game experience down to grinding out songs and humming the tunes outside the arcade and it's the mix I played my first tournament on.

Which is how I found FFR, sort of; someone had Stepmania on their laptop at the tournament and I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING OMG IT HAS ZELDA MUSIC AND SHIT and the dude told me about SM and the site he used to download sims, flashflashrevolution.com

New comers may not know this but the site use to host a metric asston of sims back in the day. You could just use this site as your sole source and never have the time to play them all in your life. You also didn't need an account to snatch 'em, but after a year or so lurking around I decided to make one anyway and I guess I never truly left

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:44 PM   #53
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

I'm from this rhythm game.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:19 PM   #54
ositzxz369
Venetian Snares stepper
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm from this game. Bro heard it from his friend, then introduced it to me.
ositzxz369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #55
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

o2jam, started playing it because one of my friends played it. Then I moved to stepmania because I saw clips of stepmaniafreak on youtube and then naturally I heard about FFR and joined.
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:16 AM   #56
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

I played DDR originally when I was a kid, but in terms of websites this was my only one. My sister introduced me and my brother in like 2006 when she played the Super Mario Bros Remix song and we got hooked
Old 02-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #57
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

StepMania 3.9, i somehow ended up here through ODI forums
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #58
pointyEyewear
FFR Player

started with ddr extreme 2 on the playstation 2, got here by google searching "ddr flash" about a decade ago
pointyEyewear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:11 AM   #59
Durvin
FFR Veteran
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

My uncle introduced me to Stepmania around 2008/2009, where i was told to only use one hand, since two were "wrong" (i sometimes did anyways :3).

I could play up to around 6 footers from DDR packs, and i also spammed (and failed) a lot of super hard charts, which i think were actually HSMP charts like counting snow edit.

Forgot about it and tried to play it again in 2012/2013, but i couldn't navigate the main menu because my keyboard didn't have a working arrow keys lol

Found it again in august 2016, and got inspired to play more after watching videos from people like shashakiro, sakstern and staiain

Last edited by Durvin; 02-24-2020 at 04:12 AM.. Reason: typo
Durvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #60
Black_Shield
Local Kiryu impersonator
FFR Veteran

Like most normal folks, i got hella intrigued with guitar hero and rockband when that all came out in late 2000's, (i still have an OG Red Octane guitar controller), on and off for years, found this site in 2016, burned alot of late on here, got etternia and osu, fell into the project Diva hole for my playstation, and also play cytus... rythym games are fuuun.
Black_Shield is offline   Reply With Quote