Old 07-28-2021, 12:48 PM   #283
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

I thought about this and figured there is zero reason not to announce this

@everyone
I shot Gold Stinger and Charu during the night

I knew I was going to die because of Trevor being an asshole. so I picked Charu because I scumread him and he was somebody that was going to be difficult to lynch. (Ben and Force were my top two scumreads but they were very much more likely to be lynched so I didn't want to waste bullets on them.) This might have been a misplay in hindsight because they need to be lynched twice but whatever, that's what happened.

When I died I got demoted to VT. I will not be doing a full claim because lmao the wolves seem very afraid of KP so I am going to keep those motherfuckers afraid. My specific PR ability doesn't matter at this point, I can't use it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 07-28-2021, 01:11 PM   #284
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You jerk!

Also, I will defend blind here and say he is most definitely town here. I'd put my dead bodies stake on it.

And I already said I don't mind flipping myself if it means giving some clarity to the thread. I don't know how many were scum-reading me, but it should prove more useful than roundbox (or backpack).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:13 PM   #285
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

@ xiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
newer players who are more intimidated by objectively stronger twg players
I already mentioned this too, but I'm pretty smooth-brained. I think I'm good at this game, but my guesses are just as valid as any other players, new or old.

I guess I can deduce and theorize better than some though... I guess... ???

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #286
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

weird that you didn't shoot force, backpack. I honestly would have expected you to shoot him after being deadlocked on one another.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:20 PM   #287
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
In terms of making this game a little bit more playable/understandable, the announcement I made in the 2nd post would have been made in any composition of alignment splits of the 4 players, and would not ever be said again.
Okay I am sorry, but what the fuck? What is even the point of putting that message in then? I am not sure it would even have changed how I voted, but I am very frustrated that this was not corrected yesterday. And I do not think it is "angleshooting" to take what the mod says, at face value. I think that the mod deciding to clarify that we should not is telling, that it is not angleshooting.

The one good thing about this, is I do think it makes it less likely that there is an antagonist neutral, because of the message being a canned one and not including neutrals in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
If gold stinger is still able to speak and vote the next day phase, then I'm all on board of flipping myself since I know some folks were reading me suspicious.

Certainly beats out roundbox and backpack I think. Both of whom I still believe to be town, lol.
It is strange to me, that suddenly two people are trying to flip themselves. Is this reverse psychology? I guess I do not understand, why you feel it is better to flip somebody who should have no chance of being a wolf, especially in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I hope sunfan wrote some mechanism for preventing tree stumps in this game

imagine flipping a wolf in this game and they just spam the thread with bullshit nonsense lmao
I have been thinking the same thing but did not want to give anybody any ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I thought about this and figured there is zero reason not to announce this

@everyone
I shot Gold Stinger and Charu during the night

I knew I was going to die because of Trevor being an asshole. so I picked Charu because I scumread him and he was somebody that was going to be difficult to lynch. (Ben and Force were my top two scumreads but they were very much more likely to be lynched so I didn't want to waste bullets on them.) This might have been a misplay in hindsight because they need to be lynched twice but whatever, that's what happened.

When I died I got demoted to VT. I will not be doing a full claim because lmao the wolves seem very afraid of KP so I am going to keep those motherfuckers afraid. My specific PR ability doesn't matter at this point, I can't use it anymore.
This makes the T-Force situation spicier, that you are claiming you could actually make kills. From that argument, I thought you came out of it looking like you really believed what you are saying. I agree that wolves can focus too much on neutrals, but at least from my experience with T-Force, I do not feel it is out of character for him to become very stubborn and hyper-focused. But, I would definitely like to get his take on your claim now.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #288
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
It is strange to me, that suddenly two people are trying to flip themselves. Is this reverse psychology? I guess I do not understand, why you feel it is better to flip somebody who should have no chance of being a wolf, especially in your case.
I'm honored you don't think I'm a wolf, star, heh.

It's more for the others that think I'm being too neutral or something with my vote choices.

It gives thread more clarity I guess is my point since my death was apparently done by a supposed town's hunch (backpack).

Plus, I can still play even after I flip/die/whatever again, so it ain't all looking that bad. I just wonder if gold stinger is still going to be with us after this phase is all...

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #289
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Signups:
1) SubaruPoptart
2) gold stinger Died in this game dsomething
3) Logman6656 star-crossed
4) blindreper1179
--------------------------------
5) storn42
6) roundbox
7) Charu
8) DaBackpack

Replacements:
1) star-crossed
2) Psychoangel691
3)
I want to draw attention to this here. I'm not sure if this is list is split up out of convenience to the players or if it has any bearing on some mechanic.

Given the announcement about the "town or mafia has lost", this might just be a red herring. I still think we vote within the most likely wolf and not based off of any potential deductions from this.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:27 PM   #290
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm honored you don't think I'm a wolf, star, heh.

It's more for the others that think I'm being too neutral or something with my vote choices.

It gives thread more clarity I guess is my point since my death was apparently done by a supposed town's hunch (backpack).

Plus, I can still play even after I flip/die/whatever again, so it ain't all looking that bad. I just wonder if gold stinger is still going to be with us after this phase is all...
Sorry to disappoint you, but that is not what I meant. I was speaking from your perspective if you are a town, it is surprising to me that you would rather be flipped than have roundbox be.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:27 PM   #291
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

@ fatfuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfuck42 View Post
So blind and dap both claim to have lost their powers after dying, but dap says his shot went through whereas blind didn't get a result because he died. Is it typical of other setups for the seer/tracker/what-have-you to not get a result if they're NK'd?
Pretty certain your results will come back to you even if you die. That includes if the power actually landed on something, it would tell you regardless if you died or not.

Least that's how I believe I've handled my own games and how I've seen some games handled.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 01:30 PM   #292
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but that is not what I meant. I was speaking from your perspective if you are a town, it is surprising to me that you would rather be flipped than have roundbox be.
Well, that's because of what I've seen in the thread. Usually wanting to flip myself is not my motto, but with what we know, it's looking like not a bad option or a waste of time. Especially if I can continue to talk, vote, and figure out what's going on for the other town players.

Also, I just don't see roundbox as a wolf at the moment, simple. Same for backpack, though I suppose a flip from him would guaranteed he's not just bullshitting right now and he is actually a town aligned vigi.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 01:45 PM   #293
star-crossed
FFR Player

I am pretty sure I would have voted for Ben over storn in Day 1 (my caveat there mostly being I was not reading the thread in real time, and people seemed really bothered by storn's self-pres vote, which I cannot really empathize with just reading it afterwards.)

I know people have different ideas about meta reads, but Ben has literally told me how to read him in the past: as a wolf, he is more careful with his words, and he struggles with projecting a consistent and holistic view of the game in terms of reads. I have been looking at his play in this game with that in mind.

Ironically, I thought his entrance was OK in terms of the carefulness piece, even though others saw it differently. But, I have concerns with his approach to this game in terms of the latter. I feel he may be overly focusing on mechanics in order to avoid fabricating reads on people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Sorry, I thought I would have some time before eod to catch up and be around, but I'm still out of the house at the moment.

I don't like choof's behavior, but that's moreso a thing of feeling like my him misrepresenting my posts/thoughts. I also didn't like the remark towards Haku regarding that they should know better about edits and stuff. I think this is mostly a function of people having different expectations regarding the possible bastardization of the game.

My initial thought was that it would be easy for a wolf to shout "sToP tAlKiNg mEcHaNiCs" and use it as an easy way to try to pin something on me (especially since I tend to be more observational and less confrontational, especially in the early game). The behavior seems to be too aggressive though to be coming from a wolf mindset though.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a wolf trying to tag along with choof's criticisms of my posts, especially for those that are familiar with my playstyle and know that I don't do well with defending myself, especially d0.
In this post for example, what I am getting from it is that he does not like choof's style but does not think it is exactly sus. (And the analysis is not bad, but it is a lot of words at the end of day to be focusing on somebody who you do not seem to want to hang and nobody else seems to want to hang.) And then he he has a suspicion that wolves could be going after him. He even alludes to it being more sus, if they are more familiar with him. But, he does not take it further to even name the names of people he knows are sussing him. I understand that he said he had limited time in this message, but it is not something that I have seen him return to later with more time. As such, I am concerned that this was mainly rhetoric to defend himself with, that he did not actually want to investigate it. Also, both his votes have basically been self-pres.

I also do not really understand why he was saying that gold stinger and I would both be wolves, even if he only pointed that out after gold stinger was already insta'd. Gold stinger was very insistent on voting for the guy that I replaced, to the point that people were sussing him for it.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:53 PM   #294
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
weird that you didn't shoot force, backpack. I honestly would have expected you to shoot him after being deadlocked on one another.
I thought about shooting Ben or Force yeah... I picked Charu because I had him as a "deep wolf"-- and I decided it would be best to shoot someone who I thought was scummy but might end up living a long time. Ben and Force are very likely to be lynched by town so they seemed like less urgent vigi options.

But yeah... I didn't fully think through that Ben and Force have to die TWICE before we get a flip on them, and that my shot could have made that process go faster. That was my mistake.

I shot Gold Stinger N1 iirc because he was my top wolf pick at the time, and I voted him.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #295
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Umm...did you get any more info as to what this means? I assume you do not know when you will fully die? That being said, welcome back, it is interesting to still get your perspective.
Basically explained yourself on this one

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-28-2021, 02:10 PM   #296
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Okay I am sorry, but what the fuck? What is even the point of putting that message in then? I am not sure it would even have changed how I voted, but I am very frustrated that this was not corrected yesterday. And I do not think it is "angleshooting" to take what the mod says, at face value. I think that the mod deciding to clarify that we should not is telling, that it is not angleshooting.

Thanks for pointing this out lmao. It pissed me off too, considering I spent so much time letting it affect my reads and understanding of the game. I can see the intent, but there should have been a clear message that this post was purely flavor and not something to read into more deeply.

This makes the T-Force situation spicier, that you are claiming you could actually make kills. From that argument, I thought you came out of it looking like you really believed what you are saying. I agree that wolves can focus too much on neutrals, but at least from my experience with T-Force, I do not feel it is out of character for him to become very stubborn and hyper-focused. But, I would definitely like to get his take on your claim now.

I mean, I stand by what I said. Wolves are subconsciously more interested in neutrals than townies are. It's worked out pretty well for me in the past to analyze players through this lens--- to see little slips that expose where their true motivations lie, especially in semi-open games with possibilities of neutral roles. I got really excited because "I got him."

At any rate, if you look immediately before that scuffle, you will see that I had Force as looking particularly bad in terms of the Haku wagon. I theorized that the existence of the Haku wagon was solely to protect Ben. And thus, the most wolfy votes are those that went from Kappa straight to Haku. And Force fits that bill precisely.

It was only when I started hashing out this train of thought that Force got upset, accused me of "having an agenda", and then hinted at me being 3p. If his goal was to distract me from Ben, then good job dude, you did it.

Ben needs to die today. He needs to be resolved ASAP. The man has survived TWO CFDs now and we need resolution on him. ESPECIALLY if he's actually town, because if he is town, he is the absolute easiest MYLO wagon for wolves to set up.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 02:13 PM   #297
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
@ fatfuck

Pretty certain your results will come back to you even if you die. That includes if the power actually landed on something, it would tell you regardless if you died or not.

Least that's how I believe I've handled my own games and how I've seen some games handled.
Unless somebody else targeted Charu last night, I'm pretty sure PR actions occur before you enter this game.

I believe that the normal Action Resolution sequence is still valid here. So, blind should have gotten the result of his night action. Did he not?

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #298
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
newer players who are more intimidated by objectively stronger twg players
But if they are that new then they may have a different idea than you do of who is strong though? Since it would be based on this game more than reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I just can't really be brought to care about this game sufficiently to keep up, too much going on to fit into my schedule. By the time I catch up, I don't have time to communicate my thoughts anymore.

If I was around for d1, I would have A: yelled at everyone voting for storn, and B: voted for ben, or worked on a wagon towards cedo or roundbox.
I understand being busy on day 1, but to me, putting a pressure vote alongside a question at end of day 0 when there is OOTC about to turn on, is a play that is most optimal for a wolf who is happy with how the wagons are going.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:17 PM   #299
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
I want to draw attention to this here. I'm not sure if this is list is split up out of convenience to the players or if it has any bearing on some mechanic.

Given the announcement about the "town or mafia has lost", this might just be a red herring. I still think we vote within the most likely wolf and not based off of any potential deductions from this.
My interpretation is just that he spaced out the player-list based on who entered the game at what time. The first 4 entered at the same time. storn entered after his lynch. Then the rest of us entered at day start.

The "d-something" bit is pretty funny though

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 02:20 PM   #300
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Votes on Charu, will stay there, I'm extremely sick today (food poisoning may miss eod sorry if it does

- Tosh 2014

Closed Thread