Old 10-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #41
Fission
Banned
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 1,778
Send a message via Skype™ to Fission
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

the
file
has
been
public
for
a
week
Fission is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #42
alloyus
‾\_(ツ)_/‾
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
alloyus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 28
Posts: 3,220
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

it's going to stay high because this is FFR. Jack files are always over-rated on FFR because, in general, FFR doesn't have a lot of jacky files to practice with (as in long jacks and stuff, like rebound's jack packs on SM), so they always get rated highly (Club/AIM Anthem). Basically, don't really care if it gets moved down a couple or stays where it is. Just a biased skill set in general.
__________________

UwU - sig made by FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #43
L.B.D.D
FFR Player
 
L.B.D.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
Huh? Pretty sure im putting in better reasoning than you. The scoreboard shows that this file is hard, def not an 85. ONE rank jump is from 7-0-0-4 to 29-0-0-2.
rankjumps don't mean jack shit if less than 190 people have played it
L.B.D.D is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #44
Fission
Banned
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 1,778
Send a message via Skype™ to Fission
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

i'm done here since all you can do is regurgitate the same faulty reasoning over and over that already got shot down
Fission is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #45
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.D.D View Post
rankjumps don't mean jack shit if less than 190 people have played it
190 is a fucking lot.
SK8R43 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #46
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 7,087
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

I score worse on Aim Anthem, lol.

This is the only 87, if it stays like that, to have zero dense sections.

The main skill set is the ability to jack on both hands. I can see this being bumped down because I have way more trouble with many 85's and 86's. This... not so much, but I do have trouble FCing because it's really hard to maintain a jack speed for a long while with jumps and transitions thrown in between.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #47
L.B.D.D
FFR Player
 
L.B.D.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
190 is a fucking lot.
1,855,168 members and growing!
495 users currently using FFR.
4,381,036 arrows hit today!
Server Time: October 14th, 07:07:14 PM

kk dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
fucking
L.B.D.D is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #48
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.D.D View Post
1,855,168 members and growing!
495 users currently using FFR.
4,381,036 arrows hit today!
Server Time: October 14th, 07:07:14 PM

kk dude
And out of all those people how many play? what less than 800?
SK8R43 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #49
L.B.D.D
FFR Player
 
L.B.D.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

you need to act like you're 23 instead of acting like stuck up teenager who can't do anything else besides yell "fuck you" in arguments
L.B.D.D is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #50
Poison-
Nope
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Poison-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, ON
Age: 26
Posts: 3,767
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
And out of all those people how many play? what less than 800?
Active Members: 8,473

But I agree with the file being lowered to 85.
Poison- is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #51
Elmerz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Elmerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 606
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

I clearly said there's multiple skillsets required to play the song well. I AM good at jacks, but I lack the speed necessary to get even close to a clean run and don't tell people to leave the thread, everyone's entitled to their say in the matter.
Elmerz is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #52
Elmerz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Elmerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 606
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

Regardless of the content included in their posts.*
Elmerz is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #53
L.B.D.D
FFR Player
 
L.B.D.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

sk8r obviously you've spent a lot of time on this game, playing 110,000 games and being overall rank 7 but you still can't comprehend the difficulty of files like turbo and other 87s, which says a lot about your ability to either play this game or understand the basic structure of many files which make them hard or easy

you might want to look into either

1) getting proper education
2) thinking before saying stuff
L.B.D.D is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #54
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

aparently my reasoning sucks. I am almost D6 yet idk what im talking about. okay
SK8R43 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #55
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 18,849
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

I am completely awful at jacks, and the fact that I got a 4g run on this is ridiculous to me. (If you go and say that I AAA'd Tell v3, I'll tell you that I used an overlay trick because I'm a pussy.)

87 is definitely too much, even coming from a person who is biased against jacks nearly all the time. Something like 84/85 would be a bit more suitable of a rating.

As far as the scoreboards: they definitely don't show this as an 87 -- no way. People are pulling AAAs very quickly considering the song's been out for a short time, and others are finding it rather easy to pull SDGs on this when they're averaging 50+ on other 87s.

Going to say 85, personally.
TC_Halogen is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #56
Elmerz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Elmerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 606
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

There's valid arguments for lowering the difficulty and valid ones for keeping it 87, what's the big deal?
Elmerz is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #57
L.B.D.D
FFR Player
 
L.B.D.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
aparently my reasoning sucks. I am almost D6 yet idk what im talking about. okay
i'm d7 with like 10% of your games played what's your point bro
L.B.D.D is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #58
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 7,087
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

The only other files that I can think of that has jacks like this are J'ai Envie de Plaisir X2 and Grist.

They are 90 and 89 respectfully.

So lets think about it in these terms then. If you take out all the bursty/dense sections in those songs, what would they be?

Just something to add more discussion, heh.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #59
Poison-
Nope
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Poison-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, ON
Age: 26
Posts: 3,767
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

Grist definitely isn't an 89 because of it's jacks.
Poison- is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #60
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 18,849
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: Turbo (87 or ???)

If you were to take out the 32nds in J'ai Envie, the file wouldn't even be a FGO. In fact, it might not even be a FMO. J'ai Envie's 32nds are absolutely insane and require you to do relentless jumpstream bursts at upwards of 280 BPM 16ths.

Grist is the same situation, and in fact, potentially the same speed too? Grist would definitely at least be a FMO though, considering the heavy layering and forced/implicit mini-jack usage into and out of triples outside of those bursts.
TC_Halogen is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution