Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 07-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Review the last restaurant you've eaten at

Tell us what it was and how it was, and where aswell just in case there's some golden spots that are closeby~

Domo Sushi, London ON

Nice atmosphere, we were seated in a private booth with a curtain, and the false sense of isolation was nice. Our server pronounced "Nestea" as "Nasty" which was funny as fuk, but overall the service was very good.

We started with complimentary miso soup which was really good, and a salad with an amazing dressing, seriously could just glug that shit, but I have no idea what it was called. I ordered unagi, california, and spicy crab rolls. Didn't have that strong smell of imitation crab, which was a good sign, and the taste to back that up. The unagi rolls were very good, and I'd come back just for those. I ended up ordering another 6 of them before calling it a meal.

Total bill was $22, not bad considering most all-you-can-eat sushi places rack up to about the same, but without the same quality. Best quality sushi I've had in london thus far and overall nice dining, nice presentation of everything. I'd give it a 8.8/10~

Last edited by Spenner; 07-11-2013 at 05:28 PM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Review the last restaurant you've eaten at

McDonalds

dirty shithole with obnoxious people and terrible service. it's mcdonalds, what are you expecting?
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
JohnRedWolf87
Backlogger of Hobbies
FFR Veteran

5 Guys.
It was my first time eating there. The food was really good. The computerized soda fountains had me entertained. Drink selection was from a touchscreen, and there were subgroups for flavors (if you selected Coke, you'd have options for regular, cherry, etc.). Don't know if those are common anywhere else, but it's the first time I've seen one. XD

xBBx Takedown's First Tournament - 2nd Place (Beginner)
ZC_Wolfy's Birthday Tournament - 3rd Place (Novice)
Dragons_Fury One Division Higher Tourney - 2nd Place (Novice)
Samurai7694's Ultimate Enduring Fabulous Tournament - 3rd Place (D1)
Dark_Chrysalis' 1st FFR Bowl - 2nd Place (D1), 13th place overall
Panic4Me and MrMagic's Thanksgiving Tournament - 2nd Place (D1)
JohnRedWolf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i have seen a few of those in MA. rudd(er)fuckers and some local roast beef joint has one. being able to get fountain vanilla coke is awesome.
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Awesome, I've been waiting for a thread like this I fine dine almost every day and am obsessively trying to expand my palate.

Shogun Hibachi and Sushi McKinney,tx

From the inside and out this place looks like your average hibachi restaurant, and had I not experienced it before as a birthday invite years ago, I would be eating at Benihana more often. Luckily, this place makes a good enough replacement so that I don't have to make the trip to downtown to do so.

So I eat here at least once a month and get the same thing every time. Being a hibachi restaurant you have the choice to have the meal cooked in front of you in a japanese themed restaurant, decorated with all sorts of japanese imperialist art. A good friend of mine works the bar so i skip that whole charade and get straight to the chow. I order the Chateaubriand cooked medium with fried rice and vegetables. It comes with a salad which I skipped because it was soaked in thousand island and it has never suited my particular flavor profile, and miso soup. The soup is always good. Nothing out of the ordinary just your usual miso soup. The last few times I would get the lobster i had noticed that the lemon butter never gets absorbed into the meat quite like Benihana prepares it. Its all about that lemon butter sauce man. That aside, the chateaubriand is on point. For those unfamiliar, a chateaubriand is the tender part of a filet mignon and is out of this world tender and flavorful when cooked right and shogun doesn't miss a mark here. It comes with 4 pieces of shrimp which I split in half to make 8 bites to combine with delectable bites of steak with a piece of mushroom. *drool*

I have been drinking again lately, so my tab ran to about $62. Minus the cost of alcohol it was probably in the range of 30 dollars or so and well worth it. I recommend against eating their sushi they tend to drench their signature rolls in spicy mayo and have no real crab substitute for the kani. The tempura flakes that come with some of their rolls taste off to me when I've tried them and just overall mess up the whole flavor profile the texture isn't quite enough to make me enjoy this. All in all I recommend shogun to everyone who wants to enjoy a reasonably priced hibachi restaurant while ignoring the sushi aspect. Sushi aside I give shogun an 8/10

Edit: a photo of the meal. I've been documenting the good I've been eating lately. I have a passion for good food and have thought about becoming a food critic/sommelier/chef.

Last edited by korny; 07-11-2013 at 06:31 PM..
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Banned
FFR Veteran

burger king
went through the drive through
was timely
but wasn't above average
would go again.

6.5/10
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

The Burger's Priest, Toronto, ON

-Hands down the best burger joint I've been to. Last time I went I feasted on a Vatican City and a Vatican on Ice (exclusive only to the new spadina location).

Vatican City: A double cheeseburger squeezed between two grilled cheese buns: (Picture taken from their website)

Vatican on Ice: Grilled cheese sandwiches as buns, ice cream in the middle:

Edit: Oops this is a review too.

Ok so these guys don't do anything fancy with their burgers; everything is really plain and simple when you think about it. And that's why they're so successful - they open a little later than other restaurants because they shop for their premium beef in the morning, grind, then serve to the customers. Upon tasting a burger, one will notice that it's incredibly juicy, soft, moist, and easy to swallow. It's one of the rare burger places that you have that makes you feel great after eating one. You want to go outside and climb mountains and be active...or play Stepmania / FFR / Keybeat ##.

The Vatican City is a burger off their Secret Menu, but it's become their most popular burger. It runs for $11.85 and they are cash only. In their 3 locations, they've successfully reduced the business of other nearby burger shops including Hero Burger, Harvey's, and most notably McDonalds (which is neighbouring all 3 locations - all appear to be empty whenever I pass by them!).

I am a regular at this place so it's no surprise that this is the last place I ate out at. There is a downside if you're impatient: You'll probably be waiting 45 minutes for your burger due to the sheer size of lineups. However, this can be bypassed if you call in and order your food there - people who call in can skip the line and just pay and go! With the amount of success this restaurant is having, it won't be long until they expand outside of the city..
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol

Last edited by Bluearrowll; 07-11-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
Banned
FFR Veteran

two grilled cheese sandwiches with ice cream in the middle...

sorry no i don't think i will be climbing mountains after that lol. the first pic looks great though.
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

five guys burgers and fries

it was amazing and my butt felt great after the toilet but prices are too high tho

9/10
Old 07-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Five guys makes a solid burger no doubt and their fries are washed of starches and cooked twice over to ensure they are thoroughly cooked putting them in their own level imo as far as fatter fries are concerned. Neat fact about five guys: you can ask for extra extra extra bacon if you really want with no added cost.

Bluearrowl, that looks unbelievably unhealthy Jesus.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

brb,
going to The Burger's Priest, Toronto, ON
geesuzchrst that first burger...
Old 07-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Five guys makes a solid burger no doubt and their fries are washed of starches and cooked twice over to ensure they are thoroughly cooked putting them in their own level imo as far as fatter fries are concerned. Neat fact about five guys: you can ask for extra extra extra bacon if you really want with no added cost.

Bluearrowl, that looks unbelievably unhealthy Jesus.
Oh wow I didn't know that about Five Guys - next time I end up ordering a Five Guys burger I'll remember that, cheers!

Also, in regards to your second post...

Presenting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse:

What is it?

From the site:
A "Vatican-Style" Armageddon

Armageddon: Judgement Day with an extra patty.

Judgement Day: The Priest with an extra option.

The Priest: Cheeseburger + The Option.

The Option: Cheese sandwiched between two Roasted portabello mushrooms, breaded and deep fried then placed on a bun.

Having said that, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is two beef patties, two veggie patties, layers of cheese between them all, with grilled cheese sandwiches as your buns.

Knock yourself out!

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

It's beautiful in so many ways,
especially the supposedly healthy veggie patties mix stacked with tasty meat, sandwiched with grilled cheese.
I've never had a veggie patty before but I want the four horsemen of the apocalypse to be my first.

Are there any "challenges" at any of your burger joints in Toronto?
it would give me another reason to take a vacation over there
Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

burger's priest.

yes
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pmonibuv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #15
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post
It's beautiful in so many ways,
especially the supposedly healthy veggie patties mix stacked with tasty meat, sandwiched with grilled cheese.
I've never had a veggie patty before but I want the four horsemen of the apocalypse to be my first.

Not in the way that you suggest that I know of, but Dangerous Dan's has two things:

http://www.dangerousdansdiner.com/menu.htm

Quadruple C
"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo"
24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs. Also comes with a large shake and a small poutine.
Only $ 24.45

The "McEwan"
10oz NY steak freshly ground into a hamburger patty, mixed with beer, shitake and oyster mushrooms, camembert and brie cheese and 4oz pan fried Lobster Tail drizzled with clarified butter. Comes with Hand-made fries and a large milk shake
Only $ 38.95

Alas I cannot seem to find a picture of the McEwan.. but these two are likely the largest burgers you'll find regularly in the city.

Subtle fact about Dangerous Dans: Their slogan is "The Burger's are Bigger at the Double D" - they are also nextdoor to a strip club. Clever play on words. ##

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 07-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
HalfStep
Can't AAA anything
FFR Veteran

Terry knows his burgers

4th Official Tournament - D1 34th Place
5th Official Tournament - D3 Last Place
8th Official Tournament - D3 3rd Place
TSR's Summer Golf Tournament - D4 2nd Place
FFR Multiplayer Tournament 2013 - D5 12th Place
YoshL's Tournament of Mediocrity - 2nd Place
TSR's Rates Tournament - Standard 2nd Place
DRG's Team Tournament - Intermediate 1st Place
9th Official FFR Tournament - D5 35th Place

HalfStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #17
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Munoz View Post

Just discovered one at a place I've been meaning to visit:

http://holychuckburgers.com/go-chuck...elf-challenge/

Any more burger inquiries visit my wall - I don't want to hijack this thread (more than I already have)... lol

- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #18
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX

The last real restaraunt I ate at was Nakashima of Japan. I got the chicken and shrimp hibachi dinner. It also comes with beef soup, salad, fried rice, tea, and don't remember what the dessert was but it was good. It is pricey at about $20-30 a plate, but it was totally worth it since I love Japanese food, and it was way better than Mikato in Panama City, FL when I ate there while on vacation last year. Would definitely eat at Nakashima of Japan again! 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
banned for having an affair with peach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
Simfiles Updated 11/30/13
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluearrowll View Post
Just discovered one at a place I've been meaning to visit:

http://holychuckburgers.com/go-chuck...elf-challenge/

Any more burger inquiries visit my wall - I don't want to hijack this thread (more than I already have)... lol
woah...
6 minutes for the wideview burger on top? or the two burgers stacked ontop of eachother on the bottom of the page?

The only speed food devouring i've done would prolly be the custom 5 meat 5 cheese stacked burger from whataburger that I ate in ~5 minutes because I forgot I had class and I didn't wanna wait to eat.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #20
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Last place I ate where I didn't cook: Carl's Jr
The bun was stale as fuck and they put way too much lettuce on the tiny burger I ordered. Would be 1/10 by restaurant standards but it's Carl's fucking Junior so 6/10.

Last actual restaurant where I ate: La Rockita, Corvallis
A sizable burrito for the $6 I paid, tasted pretty good but the texture was off. Too much sour cream as well. 6/10