Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #61
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru
Default Re: China banned child singer with crooked teeth from singing at opening ceremony

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugomaru View Post
It's not just China who really cares about their image.

All countries, including America, and businesses care about their image a lot. It's not just limited to large businesses either, even small tiny businesses care about their image a lot because that's how people perceive them. If a bookstore hired a bunch of kids and told them they could dress up any way they want instead of a company uniform, people wouldn't think the store was very professional and maybe even safe, scaring off many potential customers.

~Tsugomaru
Mentch, you obviously missed all the posts in this thread.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #62
Mentch
Banned

Default Re: China banned child singer with crooked teeth from singing at opening ceremony

This isn't about businesses. This is about the Olympics. China has been looked at as a bad country and they tried to cover their face up, but in the wrong way. Now everyone is going back to an "Omg..There they go again," country.

Plus, the Olympics opening ceremony in Beijing had over 1 billion people watching with their one time to shine; not 300 million.
Mentch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #63
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentch View Post
This isn't about businesses. This is about the Olympics. China has been looked at as a bad country and they tried to cover their face up, but in the wrong way. Now everyone is going back to an "Omg..There they go again," country.

Plus, the Olympics opening ceremony in Beijing had over 1 billion people watching with their one time to shine; not 300 million.
Shut the **** up. China has been making drastic steps to improve their image, and everyone is acting like something as petty as this is going to derail all of that.

No...

The opening ceremony was spectacular, and the fact that they replaced this girl is not going to change my perception of it.

And the footprints weren't even a significant part of the ceremony. Who cares if they shot it before hand?
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #64
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I just think that when it comes to performances, talent is the real beauty. Talent does not always have to come in a flawless, pretty, Photoshopped package. It's a random ideal of mine to have the world, some day, start moving towards an image of truth, instead of simply covering up true talent with a more appealing veneer.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #65
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentch View Post
This isn't about businesses. This is about the Olympics.
Maybe I should have restate what I said. Everything cares about their image. Even the Olympics.

If you're going to say that China is a bad country because of this one incident, then you're not paying attention. Especially after the girl who sang said it was okay by her. China "crushing" the spirit, if you can even call it "crushing", of two girls doesn't make a bad country. That just makes a bad parent. Things like slavery, child soldier, interrogation through violence, etc. make a bad country.

~Tsugomaru

Last edited by tsugomaru; 08-13-2008 at 04:41 PM..
Old 08-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #66
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

Tsugo is right, although the things they did are not excusable, so to speak, doesn't mean that they are a terrible country. Anyone that changes their perception of China due to this incident is a narrow minded dumb ****.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:39 AM   #67
poleaxe
FFR Player

The world is corrupt, deal with it. If you thinks its only China thats doing it you are wrong. So what if it happened during the Olympics? It doesn't need to be on the top of the problem list. The major problems needing to be taken care of are, terrorists, child soldiers, communism, and dictatorship. All of you who think that the girl deserved better, you are correct. She did deserve better. Oh well. The fireworks thing doesn't even qualify as important in any way... So everyone just stop complaining over a child not getting recognition or China making fake fireworks. Try to think about the important things going on in your world.
poleaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #68
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

It doesn't mean it's not worth debating, poleaxe. You can always justify "something else as being more important or worth worrying about," and so I don't really find it too valid of an excuse.

The fireworks thing I don't care about because that was a way to circumvent safety issues apparently. The singer, however, is a more questionable issue.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/off-th...306898050.html
"After her captivating performance on Friday, The New York Times ran her picture on its front page and she has been inundated with offers within China."

See, this is what I totally disagree with, and what I was afraid of earlier in this thread. Those offers -- that picture in the Times -- that should all be for Yang Peiyi. Lin Miaoke gets all the fame, glory, career boosts, and recognition for something that was not of her own talent. All she did is look cute and lip-sync some lyrics, and now look at the aftermath. What kind of message does *that* send?

Last edited by MrRubix; 08-14-2008 at 08:12 AM..
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #69
poochieCREAM
FFR Player

she got it from her momma

like that song goes.

edit; post #69.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #70
tsugomaru
FFR Player

At least there are news articles circulating around about this, it's not like they pulled this stunt off without anyone finding out.

~Tsugomaru