Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 12-26-2020, 03:59 AM   #21
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Untitled Etterna Pack - Released!

Btw you guys can totally post reviews
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 04:14 AM   #22
Shxfted
Godly
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

reviews
Old 12-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #23
CammyGoesRawr
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran

looks hot

CammyGoesRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:31 AM   #24
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

sifted through the gfx and you get my seal of approval.

my man whirlpool pimpin out here breaking away from the typical/standard rhythm game graphic aesthetic (Bemani games, old SM, ITG, R21Freak, etc.), which is exactly what I'd like to see as a graphic designer

solid A

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 11:54 AM   #25
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

delicious gfx, delicious files, hottest paq going into the new year.

play it.

If you don't play Etterna, this is the kind of release that would have you download it just to check out this pack.

Edit: Looks like DL links in main post stopped working. Mirrors still work from Foxfire's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 12-26-2020 at 11:57 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #26
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

I'm out of the loop and I cannot tell if everyone is actually hating on the pack or just being sarcastic

Wil try this and post some reviews when I find the time

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 12-26-2020 at 12:12 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #27
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-

Updated the OP post with fox’s mirror links

-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 12:54 PM   #28
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

/10 ok
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #29
Elekton
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

thanks dad
Old 12-26-2020, 01:45 PM   #30
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
I'm out of the loop and I cannot tell if everyone is actually hating on the pack or just being sarcastic

Wil try this and post some reviews when I find the time
bit of a meme goin on, I think (or hope) that most ppl are aware of how good untitled stepmania pack is and are expecting the sequel to be just as good, if not better
I probably won't be able to take a serious look at this pack until next weekend, but I was a part of the discord and can confirm that every chart has been meticulously looked over for inconsistencies and to squeeze out as much as the song had to offer given the respective charter's intented goal for said song. a lot of critical eyes were looking at this pack as a whole, and as such, it came out very well polished. not to mention that the pack visually looks wonderful to look at.

Last edited by choof; 12-26-2020 at 02:01 PM..
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 03:46 PM   #31
choof
Banned

oh yeah enjoy the burst in ex nihilo
Old 12-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #32
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-

lol ok

-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:34 PM   #33
wwplpmpn
FFR Player

good pack!
wwplpmpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 06:33 PM   #34
Wh1teh
FFR Player

Would've been nice if you tried a bit harder on the gfx... Perhaps google "anime girl" next time?
Wh1teh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:07 PM   #35
choof
Banned

cute seeing you miss teh joke tbh
Old 12-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #36
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 09:21 PM   #37
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

(Review rating scale)
1-5: Generally not good.
6: Has potential but some glaring issues
7: Good, but nothing that draws a lot of attention
8: Generally fun and very well done
9: Exceptionally well done and clever, usually indicates something particularly special
10: Has to be groundbreaking in some way

An 8 is generally the highest song-independent score you can get.

Also a side note that rolls will often times cause my game to crash so I may have skipped over anything with rolls.

Reviews

666 - Bit too hard for me but the patterns are pretty straightforward to interpret I think. Looks fun as hell. No chill. 7.5/10

After All, Noone Can Leave Behind Anything - Generally flows extremely well and there's a lot of fun stuff going on. That being said, my strictly personal opinion is that the patterns are a bit too safe. I think the glitchy effects and percussion could've paired well with some fancier and more jarring patterns. 8/10

Ani Mevushal - Love the old school style. The only thing that sticks out in particular is the polyrhythms, which I find questionable. 7/10

Anything - I have a soft spot for prog rock. This is done well, no complaints. 8/10

Blight Mamba - Largely inoffensive, smooth patterns. 7.5/10

Craft - Great attention to detail and use of motifs. I like that you didn't hold back on using spicier patterns and making them work. 9/10

Crystal Chamber Combustion - Had to play this on 0.8x, too hard lol. That being said, patterns are smooth and although it's not my cup of tea, it's good for what it is. 7.5/10

Dance with 12 Gauge - Really nice use of motifs, clever and detailed pattern choices. 9/10

Darkness Lobotomy Insurrection - I will give it credit for using very strong iconic patterns. I wouldn't normally give a lot of points for something like this but 8/10

Diamante Spectrasplosion - Layering scheme is very straightforward, but it does flow nicely. Nice time sig. 8/10

Don Pardo Pimpwagon - Maintained my interest throughout and it's got some pretty slick patterns. Only very minor criticism (which is also quite subjective) is that I would wanted to have seen some dissonant patterns on the dissonant lines. 8.5/10

E-lectixilent - A bit old-school, but the patterns are super tight and you really held back where you needed to. Clean execution, no complaints. 8.5/10

Ether Strike - I love this kind of music, and very much appreciated the light approach to the section after the drop. 8.5/10

Ex Nihilo - This one crashed my SM, Ill revisit later

flutter & perch - Generally well done except subjectively I feel like the style makes this feel quite cramped at times. Could use a touch more attention to detail when it comes to jack usage. 7.5/10

Forgotten Hate - Superb usage of memorable motifs, liberal jack theory without going overboard, some artistic freedom for flair, plus a lot of passion put on even the slow 8th section in the middle. What's not to love? 9/10

Frictional Nevada - Also crashed my SM. Did notice that while the 16th doublestream is quite dry, wherever the patterns were not dense there were some really fun and clever choices.

Gamma Stop Sending Me Ratchet and Clank Videos to Sample - Seem to be done well but I can't comfortably rate this one NA/10

gec 2 u - It was reasonably enjoyable until the ear rape so I quit out. NA/10

Hanshoku-ki - Honestly, the chorus seemed a little questionable due to the weird pattern choices and not matching the intensity of the song, but the rest of it is superb, with great motif usage. 7/10

Haunted Dance - This has the potential to be really fun but suffers a bit from Frankenstein syndrome, where it feels like you took sections from totally different charts and decided to stitch them together. Specifically, the layering choices throughout the song didn't seem particularly consistent (at least no pattern that I could discern) which resulted in massive difficulty spikes throughout the whole song. Many sections in isolation were really fun, but as a whole it felt off and strange. 7/10

Headspace - Not necessarily the cleanest job, but the main ideas are there and it works. 7.5/10

I'm A Fucking Idiot - I hate charting buzz sounds as rolls, even if they're technically synced properly. SM crash, skipping for now

Into the sunset - Don't agree with the groove or polyrhythm usage, but otherwise no complaints. 7/10

J-CORE SLiCER Technique - Patterns seem a little basic, but at least there's jacks to spice things up. Also please stop picking songs with ear rape 7.5/10

kiss the sexy robot ultimate championship 201X!!! - The chart as a whole is a bit sloppy. There are places where the flow feels off and the patterns seem a bit arbitrary. However, the chorus at the end redeems it as a whole. There are so many clever tricks and rhythms on all the different effects going on in the song. If this was just touched up, it would be excellent. 7.5/10

Kunst - At first I thought the chart was sloppy, but after some thought I felt like it would otherwise be too dry and the style works. There are still some areas that could be polished but it's fun and intense. 7.5/10

Lights, Camera, Action! - Wish the stabs all had triples instead of only the ones on the end of the song. Overall, would've preferred to see some more respect to the syncopation. The doubles on the downbeats make this feel a bit heavier. Still really fun, but I'm probably just much more critical of charts for this kind of music. 7.5/10

LOLHARP5000 - Honestly, they're both pretty straightforward and both pretty tight for different reasons. [Hard] 7.5/10 [Challenge] 8/10

Looney Tune - I see some usage of pattern dissonance! I think you could push it quite a bit more though. 8.5/10

M.A.G.I.C -speed ball- - I don't wanna just review a slowed down version of this and it's a bit too hard for me to review fairly. NA/10

Mea Culpa - Clean and balanced. 8.5/10

minefield surfing - I understand the mines are a gimmick because it's in the name, but those are REALLY tight. It's okay I guess. 7/10

Moons In Her Eyes - Although the motifs utilized are consistent, the positioning of the notes sometimes feels a bit arbitrary, which normally isn't too much of an issue, but it is particularly noticeable in a song like this. Still, it's fairly clean and fun. 8/10

Motion - The nice thing is that it's super clean and easy to follow. Almost no frills, which isn't necessarily bad. 8/10

Mundial Ronaldinho Soccer 64 Opening - Short as hell but crazy good in its execution. Would be more a higher score if a full song was just consistently this good. 8.5/10

New Vectors - Crashed SM, but it was looking especially good. Lots of detail and tried to squeeze a lot out of the song and was actually working.

Offset Packed - I guess it's good, but it's really not my cup of tea. Also I hate rolls 8/10

PANDORA PARADOXXX - My personal opinion is that it could use fewer and shorter holds, and some parts of it flow a bit strange, but I am probably being very nitpicky here. Overall it's intense and fun. 8/10

Paradoxx - Crashed SM. Some patterns were pretty annoying

Planetarium - It's got some really good ideas, and I particularly love the chorus section, but I feel like it's marred by weird flow issues due to difficulty spiking. Certain songs don't suffer as much from difficulty spike issues but it's particularly problematic here in my opinion. 7.5/10

Polyriddim - The song is so straightforward and basic and the chart is so easy that it makes any problems stand out a lot. Layering is consistent, PR is fine, but there's some weirdness with flow where you don't respect the difference between one-handed and two-handed patterns. It's definitely not bad, but there is definitely room for improvement. 7.5/10

Quantum Distress Signal - One of the few cases where I actually think the roll usage is fine. It's got some weird slightly awkward patterns, but I suppose they aren't egregious considering the overall difficulty, I commend the risk-taking. 8.5/10

Runner AD2025 - Lots of accurately transcribed jack theory, plenty of juicy drum fills. Patterns are rich and full of clever tricks. Only personal gripe is that it's a bit hold heavy, which slightly hurts flow. However, to make up for it, it does have easier difficulties that are all done very well, bonus points. 8.5/10

Serah's Theme (Piano ver.) - Super pretty. Props to even choosing a song like this. Patterns are straightforward, nothing too clever, but also no problems. 8.5/10

Shamshir - Good stuff. Again, straightforward, nothing super special, just well done. 8.5/10

Soul of Cyber Fortress - Feels like a Zaghurim chart. Clean, intense, not super fancy. 8.5/10

Surprise - cant stop laughing just fucking take it 10/10

sylcmyk's theme - Some bits of that were slick as hell. 9/10

Synapsids VIP - Weird grungy music + repetitive dry patterns that somehow work and you have yourselves a classic choof chart that I can smell a mile away. Not my cup of tea but it has its unique charm. 8/10

Syncopatriarch - Ooooooo okay so that was weird in a good way. I'll give it extra points for novelty. 8.5/10

Tell Me You Love Me - Not what I was expecting. Pretty impressive. Not sure if I agree with the mine usage but I guess if you like mines it's fine. 9/10

The Dark World - Only complaint is to chill out with the polyrhythms. 7.5/10

The Death Of Balance - Lacrymosa - Your handling of the drum fills is brilliant but your melodic sections are awkward. Nonetheless, it's super fun. 8/10

The Rebellion of Sequencer - Double time sections and towards the end it gets a little sloppy, but some of these sections are so ruthlessly dry and brilliant. Bonus points for risk-taking. 8.5/10

The Town That Lost Color - Intense. Hold-heavy but it actually works really well against the different textures. 9/10

The Wrath - Malice syndrome. Otherwise pretty great. 8/10

Tongue Twister - Generally superb. It's a bit rhythmically dry in places due to the hold usage cramping. So it's not perfect, but it's certainly cleanly executed and enjoyable. 8.5/10

Urushi - Disagreed with voice focus in like one part of the song, but that's might be a nitpick. Good flow. There was an entire section completely made up of miniholds? 8/10

VANGUARD-1 - I feel like the polyrhythms were a good attempt but still made flow a bit strange. That being said, I'm not gonna dock too many points for it because this might just be a strong personal bias. I appreciate the respect to syncopation and flow in the beginning. 8/10

Xlo - Fancy as hell. I've got some small nitpicks but otherwise superb. 8.5/10

X-uo!ssaunll! - crashed sm

Yin - I think hold usage is a bit heavy, but I can't deny that the concept behind them is brilliant and the whole thing flows incredibly well. It's got just enough hints of motifs while maintaining lots of interesting variations. 9/10

Your Royal Highness - A couple of minor moments where I feel like it got a tad messy, and your minihold usage in following the melody in a few places feels more like a crutch than an embellishment. That being said, there are so many fantastic ideas in this thing, it's crazy fun, and the groove you laid out is amazing. Just barely short of masterpiece. 8.5/10

Zen'on - [Hard] I know you tried to make the chart interesting, and I appreciate some of the clever, somewhat different pattern usage attempted here. While some parts of the chart were in fact really fun, other parts had very awkward flow and didn't seem to mesh too well with the chart in a broader context. 7/10 [Challenge] While some parts flowed better or were more interesting, the difficulty spikes are even worse. 7/10

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 12-31-2020 at 10:16 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #38
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

stargroup your rating system is not like how I remember stargroup untie him you faker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:18 AM   #39
hi19hi19
lol happy

stargroup isn't broken the pack is just actually good

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:19 AM   #40
hi19hi19
lol happy

i say having contributed the worst file in there

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote