Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #41
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles
Default Re: Weed being legalized in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricoo View Post
The scale of the graph is ludicrous. It takes people of mildly above average IQ ratings, compares them to people who would be considered literally mentally retarded at a young age and then draws a overly general conclusion about drug use. One might hope handicapped individuals are having a greater amount of care and supervision rather then their 'intelligent' counterparts who can't be bothered to write up a proper study.

Funny how you can use the internet to find a solution in one case, then using the internet in another case results in misinformation. Strange world.
They used people with all sorts of IQs, between 75 and 125 which is maybe ~90% of the population? (edit: nvm, it includes ALL IQ's, the most extreme brackets are <75 and >125) And the IQ's are measured in middle and high school, these aren't kindergarten kids. They tested for drugs 7 years after recording IQ. The guy who did the article was more interested in proving his evolutionary hypothesis correct than anything else, but the studies he used found that intelligence is correlated with psychoactive use, tho he didn't link them anywhere or go into detail which bothers me a lot.
Quote:
Consistent with the prediction of the Hypothesis, the analysis of the National Child Development Study shows that more intelligent children in the United Kingdom are more likely to grow up to consume psychoactive drugs than less intelligent children. ... "Very bright" individuals (with IQs above 125) are roughly three-tenths of a standard deviation more likely to consume psychoactive drugs than "very dull" individuals (with IQs below 75).

Last edited by MrGiggles; 05-12-2011 at 05:30 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #42
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

Jelly? yea.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #43
ddrmaniacaaa
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

who really cares about their IQ? I started smoking when i was 12, earned a 3.2 GPA in high school and currently have a 3.0 GPA in college, and am graduating in 4 weeks. I don't think those IQ tests show anything.

I did start using other drugs, unfortunately. It was kinda hard not to get bored with it after 7 years.

I wouldnt consider myself smart or an idiot, just right in the meaty part of the curve: not showin' off, not falling behind.

As per the OT: i think this might shed light to Americans to not get all worked up over a plant. If not i might move to Canada: Cali is too expensive.
ddrmaniacaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #44
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

I read somewhere that 1% of all the electricity used in the United States is utilized by growing lights. That's $5 billion.
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011...nergy-bill.php
Imagine how much that would be reduced if say, I don't know, everyone was allowed to grow outside using natural light?

Conspiracy Theorists: Could the electric companies of America be fighting against legalization because growers make them $5 billion richer every year? :O
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote