Old 09-9-2019, 03:19 PM   #781
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG 189: Funnygurl VS T-Force Rivalry GAME THREAD

i mean, if you're somehow town then this is a fucking hilarious game to have after the one where you screamed about town throwing after you died, where i can just go search your posts and find seemingly 30x the insight and natural game curiosity in a single day than anything you've done here

i'd love to know why xel's bigpost was so egregious and how not having time to explain it outweighed your silent reading of everyone else that you're claiming you did in that like, hour span
Old 09-9-2019, 03:20 PM   #782
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

also I know I said that T-Force vote might be good in this situation but given that we have a red check I don't see the utility of introducing a potential fuckup at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 09-9-2019, 03:22 PM   #783
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
the amount of "I think dbp is a top wolf" today despite the cop literally having a red check is pretty suspicious honestly

it reads like a potential diversion or a setup to protect hnh
But if we are in mylo doesnt that mean we lose if we misslynch again. Miller is a thing that should at least be discussed.
Old 09-9-2019, 03:22 PM   #784
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
the amount of "I think dbp is a top wolf" today despite the cop literally having a red check is pretty suspicious honestly

it reads like a potential diversion or a setup to protect hnh
thanks for soft confing the cop?

the metatext around lynching means it's 67% incorrect to lynch you today anyway

why don't you want people to talk about worlds?
Old 09-9-2019, 03:24 PM   #785
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i'd love to know why xel's bigpost was so egregious and how not having time to explain it outweighed your silent reading of everyone else that you're claiming you did in that like, hour span
I just read through Xel's big post again because it's been mentioned several times now after the fact, and I had a lot of doubt because the structure is not his style in the slightest form but his comments are purely and objectively him, which is not indicative of his alignment. You never see Xel do this from the countless times I've played with him and the comments he makes about people is okay because it's him, but the tone is not right at all. I had and still have my suspicions towards Xel.

Old 09-9-2019, 03:24 PM   #786
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i don't think i want to vote t-force today in case it makes a wolf like, a doublevoter or something

i'm amused by the idea of wolves nokilling after a lynch today
Old 09-9-2019, 03:27 PM   #787
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
i don't think i want to vote t-force today in case it makes a wolf like, a doublevoter or something

i'm amused by the idea of wolves nokilling after a lynch today
Yeah, I'm far too skeptical of the T-Force gimmick at this point after seeing someone get insta-killed after the first negative effect of someone having a +1 vote attached to them. I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 09-9-2019, 03:28 PM   #788
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I just read through Xel's big post again because it's been mentioned several times now after the fact, and I had a lot of doubt because the structure is not his style in the slightest form but his comments are purely and objectively him, which is not indicative of his alignment. You never see Xel do this from the countless times I've played with him and the comments he makes about people is okay because it's him, but the tone is not right at all. I had and still have my suspicions towards Xel.
you know he's dead and flipped town right

just to be sure, you're saying it's the tone that he never does? can you pick out something(s) particular that feel way different? i can't tell what you're saying isn't in range for him
Old 09-9-2019, 03:29 PM   #789
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
i mean, if you're somehow town then this is a fucking hilarious game to have after the one where you screamed about town throwing after you died, where i can just go search your posts and find seemingly 30x the insight and natural game curiosity in a single day than anything you've done here

because xelnya was the most important person to talk about given my headspace???

Xel CLAIMED to start from the top of the game and read forward. He even gave reads on fucking Charu so we know this is true. He goes page-by-page which is a super bad look because it absolves him of providing holistic analyses. THE POST IS ALMOST ENTIRELY REACTIVE TO OTHER POSTS, THERE WAS HARDLY ANY SYNTHESIS OR HOLISTIC ANALYSIS. He replied to whatever the fuck he felt like.

All of that is fine if you detect a progression in his reads, since he was supposedly "starting from scratch " But there's no development!! His only wolf reads are reads he carried the entire time!! So what was the fucking point of doing a time-sequence analysis if every wolf read you have is retroactively justified post hoc? Why structure your reads in a time sequence and not actually EVOLVE unless you're using the time sequence as a way time artificially inflate your post??? That's what I didn't have time to say after reading that post.

what specifically about hnh are you so focused on? there's one recurring scumtell I've seen but based on current circumstances am not going to bring it up before he gets here

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-9-2019, 03:31 PM   #790
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
thanks for soft confing the cop?

the metatext around lynching means it's 67% incorrect to lynch you today anyway

why don't you want people to talk about worlds?
"soft confing" the cop what??? nobody has counterclaimed and it's my operating assumption

It's not that talking about worlds is bad, it's that if three-four people all say the same thing it looks like a diversionary tactic

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-9-2019, 03:33 PM   #791
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:

also

don't fucking compare me to that game

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-9-2019, 04:07 PM   #792
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
because xelnya was the most important person to talk about given my headspace???

Xel CLAIMED to start from the top of the game and read forward. He even gave reads on fucking Charu so we know this is true. He goes page-by-page which is a super bad look because it absolves him of providing holistic analyses. THE POST IS ALMOST ENTIRELY REACTIVE TO OTHER POSTS, THERE WAS HARDLY ANY SYNTHESIS OR HOLISTIC ANALYSIS. He replied to whatever the fuck he felt like.

All of that is fine if you detect a progression in his reads, since he was supposedly "starting from scratch " But there's no development!! His only wolf reads are reads he carried the entire time!! So what was the fucking point of doing a time-sequence analysis if every wolf read you have is retroactively justified post hoc? Why structure your reads in a time sequence and not actually EVOLVE unless you're using the time sequence as a way time artificially inflate your post??? That's what I didn't have time to say after reading that post.

what specifically about hnh are you so focused on? there's one recurring scumtell I've seen but based on current circumstances am not going to bring it up before he gets here
have you ever been happy with a xel bigpost in your life. i think he's near always picked and chosen what he wants to respond to

also he didn't "claim" to be "starting from scratch" anywhere, a reread doesn't imply a reset. you expecting meaningful time series data from d0 implies anything important happened on d0 as well

like, let's talk about grand twgabout for another catch-up example (he was wolf there) - after the fact i could go back and read his catch-up and thought it was more jokey and jabby than content-heavy, and so i thought i could try and read him on fluff/content divide there, but nah he just rolled town for a few games after that and it didn't work out because i couldn't really identify differences

(besides the turbo where i got him to sub into a wolf team that seemed dead from rand, but that may as well be a non-game, and don't recall him trying ot make a post like this)

also in iso it looks to me like he's posting thoughts while he compiles his bigpost, since i doubt he writes that all in the gap of time between posts, so of course he can reach back for observations he's making as he goes. this wasn't something i noticed at the time, probably because thread started moving faster so he could readily get more lost in the shuffle

and like, yes, i hate my decision to vote him in the end which is like part being a coward and part needing an immediate counter to the cop claim

i think seeing how his wolf reads come out in the end ignores the progressions he has to get to town on other people, like myself and you, so even if he winds up in the same place it's shoring up his confidence on other players. he definitely didn't have a stated read on me prior, and the way i read the "..." and "i'm not sure how i feel about this" suggests a divide in his read on you too

he does spend time identifying contradictions in kappa's posts, unless that's not the kind of higher-order thinking you're looking for; also there's two midway stops with a couple reads within the time series so there was at least stock taken at three points

like you don't need to lie and tell me things aren't there that are there and vice-versa, just say they aren't worth anything. i guess the word "almost" is doing a hell of a job in your all caps. as reactions go it just seems like you really hate time series

---

and re: h&h, maybe i won't give away your tell if we really don't want to talk about it yet, but another aspect is a game-wide focus thing, being that i was told off looking at him 2 or 3 times and he's attracted few votes ever, even just for pressure
Old 09-9-2019, 04:08 PM   #793
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

also

if you have a setup question, you know what to do
Old 09-9-2019, 04:18 PM   #794
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

there's a chance we both could use a minute to chill since i think some hyperbole is winning over rationality here

two people is not really a pile-on, i mentioned you before the cop claim, and svaz does talk about voting between h&h/zenith today in the same breath and the decision point there isn't really progressing in absence of h&h

i would rather talk with cooler heads because our exchange like this is when i feel emotionally worst about my posting and it sucks
Old 09-9-2019, 04:32 PM   #795
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
have you ever been happy with a xel bigpost in your life. i think he's near always picked and chosen what he wants to respond to

also he didn't "claim" to be "starting from scratch" anywhere, a reread doesn't imply a reset. you expecting meaningful time series data from d0 implies anything important happened on d0 as well

like, let's talk about grand twgabout for another catch-up example (he was wolf there) - after the fact i could go back and read his catch-up and thought it was more jokey and jabby than content-heavy, and so i thought i could try and read him on fluff/content divide there, but nah he just rolled town for a few games after that and it didn't work out because i couldn't really identify differences

(besides the turbo where i got him to sub into a wolf team that seemed dead from rand, but that may as well be a non-game, and don't recall him trying ot make a post like this)

also in iso it looks to me like he's posting thoughts while he compiles his bigpost, since i doubt he writes that all in the gap of time between posts, so of course he can reach back for observations he's making as he goes. this wasn't something i noticed at the time, probably because thread started moving faster so he could readily get more lost in the shuffle

and like, yes, i hate my decision to vote him in the end which is like part being a coward and part needing an immediate counter to the cop claim

i think seeing how his wolf reads come out in the end ignores the progressions he has to get to town on other people, like myself and you, so even if he winds up in the same place it's shoring up his confidence on other players. he definitely didn't have a stated read on me prior, and the way i read the "..." and "i'm not sure how i feel about this" suggests a divide in his read on you too

he does spend time identifying contradictions in kappa's posts, unless that's not the kind of higher-order thinking you're looking for; also there's two midway stops with a couple reads within the time series so there was at least stock taken at three points

like you don't need to lie and tell me things aren't there that are there and vice-versa, just say they aren't worth anything. i guess the word "almost" is doing a hell of a job in your all caps. as reactions go it just seems like you really hate time series

---

and re: h&h, maybe i won't give away your tell if we really don't want to talk about it yet, but another aspect is a game-wide focus thing, being that i was told off looking at him 2 or 3 times and he's attracted few votes ever, even just for pressure
I mean I do hate time series, it always seems lazy to me. I assumed that since he was doing a time-sequence and also that he gave reads on dead players it was a reset but that's an assumption. But Xelnya doesn't always do time series, he has games where he's actually more engaged and on-top of things

and sure xel picks and chooses things he wants to talk about but those are exactly the things he needs to be judged on. it's all we have. like what heuristics do we even have for him? I know how to generally play the game but xel consistently falls outside of "normal play" (no offense to him, a lot of times he is insightful in his own way)

I flat-out lost track of how to read him specifically but I did see a pattern of "many words, low evolution" which was scummy and at EoD was ringing alarm bells; your post-mortem in the above quote makes sense in the current context but weren't things on my mind at the time (certainly not comparing to prior games) and honestly read of hindsight bias.

I'm sorry I deferred your queries about HnH but I did what I thought was right given the circumstances. There is something I recently noticed but I'm not going to prime anybody before/if he arrives.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-9-2019, 04:34 PM   #796
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

important message
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 09-9-2019, 04:35 PM   #797
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
there's a chance we both could use a minute to chill since i think some hyperbole is winning over rationality here

two people is not really a pile-on, i mentioned you before the cop claim, and svaz does talk about voting between h&h/zenith today in the same breath and the decision point there isn't really progressing in absence of h&h

i would rather talk with cooler heads because our exchange like this is when i feel emotionally worst about my posting and it sucks
that's fine but to clarify it was you, svaz, and Kappa and if you include HnH in there bc he's prolly gonna self-pres that's 4 people, enough for insta

maybe paranoia but that's just how it is

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-9-2019, 04:37 PM   #798
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

breadcrumbing, that was the word I was looking for

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-9-2019, 04:42 PM   #799
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
that's fine but to clarify it was you, svaz, and Kappa and if you include HnH in there bc he's prolly gonna self-pres that's 4 people, enough for insta

maybe paranoia but that's just how it is
i thought you meant just mentions today but like

as mentioned it's the 33% world where we move off the already established pair
Old 09-9-2019, 04:53 PM   #800
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

& there's def hindsight in how i'm banging on about it today, but qualities of his bigposts are one of those mental frame things in my head and grand twgabout is a particularly memorable game in general for me, maybe because of the late nights

the only other game i've gone to look at during this one is the mad17 just a bit ago. i'd have gone and looked for meta on newer players but when i thought to do it, i already felt pressed for time and valued the live interaction
Closed Thread