Old 01-2-2017, 09:58 PM   #21
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Why do you feel you're mentally ill and why are you facing depression? Telling yourself why you feel depressed I think is a good move to make if you're unsure about it yourself.

Also, I might as well repeat myself when it comes to this sort of thing. Killing yourself is not the solution and should never be consider. That's not fixing, that's potentially creating more problems for your immediate family and your close friends.

And no one can really fix anyone's life but themselves in all honesty.

So yeah, take that what you will because I know you did this before and acted on it.

One question though, am I understanding your post about your parents not having you live at home if you choose to try to seek help? Is that what I'm reading here?
im mentally ill because the majority of people can tell someone why they should live and i look at it and i cant say that therefore i must be mentally ill

My parents said they don't want to deal with any drama of having a bunch of people involved, else i cant live there anymore because she 'physically cant handle it'. she is very inhibiting of who i can talk to and what i can say about how i feel
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2017, 10:01 PM   #22
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescence_death4ever View Post
Living at home isn't the end-all-be-all, even though it may seem so.

Sounds like you're Rapta, from the looks of what others are saying.

I'd take Andy's advice--read the other thread.

Calling a hotline doesn't have to cause drama--they can help you work through your thoughts. If you don't have a cell phone, maybe try just saying you want to call a friend.

Sadly it's true, though. We care about you, but there's only so much we can do through text.

If someone offers to talk to you, hit them up, maybe it'll help~
I don't have a drivers license or learners, i have never had a job before, i am still in school in fact i am VERY behind in school because i failed last year because i was emotionally messed up and i have my dog to take care of

The last 3 timees i called a hotline and talked they wanted me to go to the hospital
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Quote:
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Old 01-2-2017, 10:03 PM   #23
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

ok
Old 01-2-2017, 10:04 PM   #24
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

If you're parents are not willing to help then you're better off not choosing them when it comes for help---make the calls, then take steps to move out.

This assumes they'll even stick to their word.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2017, 10:05 PM   #25
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
I don't have a drivers license or learners, i have never had a job before, i am still in school in fact i am VERY behind in school because i failed last year because i was emotionally messed up and i have my dog to take care of

The last 3 timees i called a hotline and talked they wanted me to go to the hospital
Ok then go to the hospital

That other stuff can e solved. I once didnt have a job or DL either

Old 01-2-2017, 10:07 PM   #26
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
im mentally ill because the majority of people can tell someone why they should live and i look at it and i cant say that therefore i must be mentally ill
To be honest with you dude, that's not a good self diagnosis, heh. When people give you reasons, it's not because they're not mentally ill themselves, it's because they see a different viewpoint or can give you a generic response without knowing what's actually going on with your life.

Quote:
My parents said they don't want to deal with any drama of having a bunch of people involved, else i cant live there anymore because she 'physically cant handle it'. she is very inhibiting of who i can talk to and what i can say about how i feel
That's kind of cold for her. Do you think your mother means it when she threatens with you with that? Is it real? Or is it the type of "Ugh, I'm mad, but I still care for you" type of thing?

This is where I would ask about your personal/home life, but well... that's personal and this is a public forum, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2017, 10:09 PM   #27
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

ill probably go somewhere tomorrow

sorry for being a bother

edit: i wouldnt have had enough courage to go somewhere without this thread tbh
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rapta; 01-2-2017 at 10:14 PM..
Old 01-2-2017, 10:15 PM   #28
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
ill probably go somewhere tomorrow

sorry for being a bother
You're not a bother.

Actually I'm sure I speak for the majority of us when I ask that you keep us updated. Let us know where you descide to go, when you leave, when you got there, the basic (nonpersonal) jest of what the doc says.

Let us know how it goes. Talk to us. If you rather it not be public get at us on discord

Old 01-3-2017, 02:01 AM   #29
blanky!
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to blanky!

OK.
Being honest here.
Everybody trying to go about giving advice to Rapta is doing it wrong.

Look, Rapta, it's okay if you have thoughts of killing yourself, and it's okay if you've attempted suicide before. It's natural. It's how some of us cope with extreme/prolonged stress. You're not alone in those feelings.
blanky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2017, 03:25 AM   #30
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanky! View Post
OK.
Being honest here.
Everybody trying to go about giving advice to Rapta is doing it wrong.

Look, Rapta, it's okay if you have thoughts of killing yourself, and it's okay if you've attempted suicide before. It's natural. It's how some of us cope with extreme/prolonged stress. You're not alone in those feelings.
Wrong is subjective. As someone who is often suicidal, has attempted suicide, and been in the hospital for longer than preferable stays due to suicidal behavior [couple weeks - month], simply being told "you're not alone in those feelings" isn't the answer for everyone. If I were being honest, I'd tell you how much i strongly dislike hearing that.

However, this thread is not about me--so if that is what is helpful for Rapta, indeed, by all means, help him understand that he's not alone. I do not deny the validity or truth behind the statement, yet for some it is more helpful than for others.

No need to be all rainbows and daisies, but as I said before, "wrong" is subjective [except for scintill in this thread, heh].

Those who have struggled similarly may offer what has helped personally for them in the past. People who haven't directly dealt with such situations may offer what seems most logical. It's all a crapshoot. My advice isn't necessarily "right" ~ nor is the next guy's. Taking a high and mighty stance over the lack of validity of everyone's advice [except your own] is dodgy.

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
I just made that up but it sounds good" ~alloyus~
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2017, 07:50 AM   #31
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

the first line strongly implies that you have not gotten professional help and given that this is like the third time you've posted this kind of thread I'm betting that you have not even tried to seek professional help

get off ffr and go get professional help. check yourself into a hospital. sice you're 18 you're legally an adult so you dont have to bring your family into it at all.
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2017, 09:07 AM   #32
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

what do you call professional help? Last time I went to the hospital they sent me to a place where they told me "everything is fine" for two weeks, gave me medications, and sent me off with an ambulance bill of 3000 dollars (just for transport). I have a therapist i visit weekly and a psychiatrist. I've talked to many counselors and many suicide hotline people and gone to online chatrooms. I haven't seeked professional help yet?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rapta; 01-3-2017 at 09:09 AM..
Old 01-3-2017, 10:07 AM   #33
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

What's your go-to coping mechanism, Rapta?

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2017, 11:51 AM   #34
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

"Getting professional help" can be tough, because there are a lot of therapists / doctors / psychiatrists out there who are simply not very helpful. Sometimes budget is a limitation, too. You may have to shop around a bit.

Do you know if you have a chemical imbalance, or is it just shitty situational/life-based circumstances?

Last edited by Reincarnate; 01-3-2017 at 11:52 AM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2017, 11:53 AM   #35
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

for anxiety i go somewhere where i am alone.
for depression i dont have a default coping mechanism
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rapta; 01-3-2017 at 11:56 AM..
Old 01-3-2017, 11:54 AM   #36
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
"Sometimes budget is a limitation, too. You may have to shop around a bit.

Do you know if you have a chemical imbalance, or is it just shitty situational/life-based circumstances?
I do not know. It certainly feels like both though.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-3-2017, 12:05 PM   #37
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

What kind of situational/life issues?
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2017, 03:43 PM   #38
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

You said you would go somewhere today. Have you decided where? (Hospital, specialist, etc)

Old 01-3-2017, 04:36 PM   #39
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

i found out my normal appointment to see my therapist today was unable to be made because he was booked so I am holding off going anywhere until tomorrow. I was going to ask him what he thought.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rapta; 01-3-2017 at 04:39 PM..
Old 01-3-2017, 05:02 PM   #40
blanky!
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to blanky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescence_death4ever View Post
Wrong is subjective. As someone who is often suicidal, has attempted suicide, and been in the hospital for longer than preferable stays due to suicidal behavior [couple weeks - month], simply being told "you're not alone in those feelings" isn't the answer for everyone. If I were being honest, I'd tell you how much i strongly dislike hearing that.

However, this thread is not about me--so if that is what is helpful for Rapta, indeed, by all means, help him understand that he's not alone. I do not deny the validity or truth behind the statement, yet for some it is more helpful than for others.

No need to be all rainbows and daisies, but as I said before, "wrong" is subjective [except for scintill in this thread, heh].

Those who have struggled similarly may offer what has helped personally for them in the past. People who haven't directly dealt with such situations may offer what seems most logical. It's all a crapshoot. My advice isn't necessarily "right" ~ nor is the next guy's. Taking a high and mighty stance over the lack of validity of everyone's advice [except your own] is dodgy.
Okay. I probably worded that a bit strongly. I didn't mean to speak for everyone there. Oops.

But my point remains, in that all the hullaboo about "ooh don't kill yaself" isn't the healthiest. In my opinion (and not necessarily anyone else's before you call me out again) one should try to validate another's suicidal thoughts, not repress them.
blanky! is offline   Reply With Quote