Old 05-8-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MyRoseTearsBlood Send a message via Yahoo to MyRoseTearsBlood
Default Need help with 7x7x7 cube

My 7x7x7 came in the mail today. And I've got most of it solved but I'm stuck. I have all 6 centers solved. I have the inner edges solved. I have all but two outer edges solved. Can't figure out how to switch the last two outer edges.

I've searched online for answers but all I could find was last 4 edges. I've only two edges that need to be swapped. So I've turned to this community. I know there's some cubers here.
Old 05-8-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
axith
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Need help with 7x7x7 cube

A pic would really help me help you
axith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MyRoseTearsBlood Send a message via Yahoo to MyRoseTearsBlood

Sure, I'll get that shortly.
Old 05-8-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
axith
FFR Veteran

Thought about it again. If this is your issue, check out 4x4x4 parity algs. You'll be looking for a single edge flip. It's probably the longest alg you'll ever 'need' to learn if you solve cubes regularly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 130508-211843.jpg (86.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-8-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Old 05-8-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
axith
FFR Veteran

You're not as far in the solve as I was thinking. You need to figure out how your edge swap alg works. I don't know which one you're using. I like d R F' U R' F d' while having the edges swap on the front face. d is one of the middle layers. You can just as easily do d2 on the ends of that alg to swap edges on the front-right edge and the back-left edge. Assuming you haven't turned the cube yet, flip it so it the white is in the front and the green is to the left and try the alg I gave with d being the 3rd layer from the bottom. It should match up inner edges to the Red/Blue center edge piece, and the two inner edges by the green/orange center edge will be opposite colors than the center edge. Playing around with this alg you should be able to get to the point where all edges are along their correct edges but may be flipped incorrectly.

I apologize if I thoroughly confused you.

Last edited by axith; 05-8-2013 at 09:47 PM..
Old 05-8-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm a little foreign to 7x7x7 notation at this point. When you refer to d and d', are those 2 layer slices or 3 layer?

Nvm, I recognized the alg but it took me a second. I'll try this and see what happens.

Last edited by MyRoseTearsBlood; 05-8-2013 at 09:59 PM..
MyRoseTearsBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
axith
FFR Veteran

In my example, 3rd layer slice from the bottom. Sorry, I am using an unclear meaning for d I suppose there's some "more official" way to describe it... I gave a general alg for a 4x4x4 you can adjust the level of the slice you use for the d move. I flipped over your cube pic and added an arrow showing which cubie to move to match up with the proper center edge. That slice is your d move in this case.

Edit: If I'm still confusing you then it's likely how I'm trying to explain it. I generally suck at explaining things, which is why I left the teaching program at the college I went to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cube_right.jpg (93.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by axith; 05-8-2013 at 10:25 PM..
Old 05-8-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

No no. You actually helped me rediscover that algo. I have another interesting case that I'll upload shortly.

The d R F' U R' F d' doesn't switch that bottom edge for some reason. If that last edge switches, I'll get that oh so famous checkerboard pattern I've been reading about.

Last edited by MyRoseTearsBlood; 05-8-2013 at 10:39 PM..
MyRoseTearsBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2013, 10:51 PM   #10
axith
FFR Veteran

I see how to do it luckily the parity you'll be left with will be easier to explain than this pairing will be. Explaining it will be thorny. A lot of solving twisty puzzles is getting the thing to a spot you can use your helpful alg, this is the first bit. Hold the green face on the front and the white on the left. Do L2 (all the set up you need here). Now you can use a half turn of the slice (d2) to put that lone green/orange cubie near it's buddies on the other edge. Do R F' U R' F . Then turn the slice back (d2). You should have all the cubies on the correct edges now though the orange/green edge will look funny.