Old 10-4-2020, 08:58 PM   #561
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
Long lasting? Says who? It's been 6 fucking months.....a virus does not stay in you forever or give you long lasting conditions that aren't fixable lolol plus it's way too early to even determine that...wtf
TIL
Herpes
Shingles
Epstein-Barr virus
Cytomegalovirus
Hepatitis B
HIV
Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
Progressive rubella panencephalitis

are not actually things because viruses do not stay in you forever or give you long lasting conditions that aren't fixable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
Old 10-4-2020, 09:01 PM   #562
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dear God I hope not, we're too stupid for this
There's a fair amount of studies out there regarding the bias of thought or theory based on what generation you're from a.k.a, how old you were when you grew up with internet, or if you had to adjust to internet being part of life.

It's pretty fascinating to read about. Currently reading up on it. So far, it does seem like the older you are, the more likely you are to develop a cognitive bias in relation to something you see on the internet, because that's just how you grew up.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 10-4-2020 at 09:11 PM..
Old 10-4-2020, 09:01 PM   #563
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Welp, girlfriend got a cold, but went to get tested today just to make sure it's nothing worse, so I'm now in self-isolation until her results come back in 48 hours.
(she's a school teacher. Kinda hard to dodge germs when you're surrounded by walking germ catchers)
I wish they had opted for digital classes again to start.
Old 10-4-2020, 09:03 PM   #564
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

dear lord imagine spending a decade of your life intensely studying to become a virologist just for people to pretend to know better or straight up ignore your advice to save their lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
Old 10-4-2020, 09:20 PM   #565
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
I wish they had opted for digital classes again to start.
I get increasingly sad whenever I go over to my friends' place once a week or so during a weekday, and I see the kids walking home from the nearby elementary school from his front porch. The shit they must have to put up with irritates me. They are in groups with friends usually too, and not wearing masks. Actually makes me subtly angry because I presume they don't really know any better.

- Tosh 2014

Old 10-4-2020, 09:49 PM   #566
Andrew WCY
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It's a bit better here at where I live. We've endured a long time by attending online classes via Zoom, but now the government has allowed schools to reopen. Students are going back to school with a mask on, and numerous measures are in place to protect the safety and health of everyone, including hand sanitizers and extra masks (especially for students in elementary schools).

From the amount of time I've spent outside, I have only ever seen one or two people in total not put a mask on. Curiously enough, it's always a foreigner.

EDIT: To include some background information, we had a surge of confirmed cases and deaths some months ago due to a complete relaxation of Coronavirus rules (e.g. having social gathering limits removed), since we've had a 20+ day streak of having no local cases at all. A new Coronavirus storm took place, and the government had to put those laws back in place again. Now, it would not relax the rules completely, and would do so bit-by-bit instead. After the storm has died down, our government deemed it safe and necessary for schools to reopen, and I agree with them: Our situation here has become a lot more stable, and confirmed cases are less than 10 each day.

Last edited by Andrew WCY; 10-4-2020 at 09:56 PM..
Old 10-5-2020, 10:15 PM   #567
ULTIMEGA
Torn to oblivion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
and we're supposed to make it to Mars in my lifetime?
wowzer
Kind of makes you wonder just how screwed we are as a species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
@ULTIMEGA, dank meme genie.

HIGHEST AAA:Necropotence [90]
HIGHEST SDG: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
HIGHEST FC: Six Acid Strings [101]
HIGHEST SCORE: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
Old 10-6-2020, 01:00 AM   #568
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

Quote:
Originally Posted by SputnikOwns View Post
Not a coincidence.

That's a huge overestimation. Covid isn't that deadly, he's apparently doing very well, and he has the best doctors in the world.
no it's not, im from a family of educated doctors.

edit:
idk how anyone could have even known 'trump was doing well' 3 days ago. as for tonight here you go: https://twitter.com/Justin191234/sta...87724435152897

him gasping for breath taking off his mask at the white house clearly shows he's sick with covid and not out of the woods despite getting the literal best treatment we have from the best ppl

edit 2:
i also wanna say i can excuse ppl for being misinformed, confused, confrontational because of the current climate perpetrated by our president for years. facts matter. science matters.

Last edited by awein999; 10-6-2020 at 01:27 AM..
Old 10-6-2020, 01:18 PM   #569
ULTIMEGA
Torn to oblivion!

The spread of misinformation is obviously abundant and it sucks. Doing research doesn't seem to be the right thing anymore to some people. Most of what I've seen on this thread is people attacking each other, jumping at each other's throats.

Quote:

Old 10-6-2020, 02:21 PM   #570
SputnikOwns
The Frog
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awein999 View Post
no it's not, im from a family of educated doctors.

edit:
idk how anyone could have even known 'trump was doing well' 3 days ago. as for tonight here you go: https://twitter.com/Justin191234/sta...87724435152897

him gasping for breath taking off his mask at the white house clearly shows he's sick with covid and not out of the woods despite getting the literal best treatment we have from the best ppl

edit 2:
i also wanna say i can excuse ppl for being misinformed, confused, confrontational because of the current climate perpetrated by our president for years. facts matter. science matters.
What a conspiracy theory. The man is fine. His doctors say so, he says so, and he's made several addresses to the public in which he doesn't appear to be in any distress. The poor man can't even get sick without people losing their minds.
Old 10-6-2020, 06:15 PM   #571
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
What a conspiracy theory. The man is fine. His doctors say so, he says so, and he's made several addresses to the public in which he doesn't appear to be in any distress. The poor man can't even get sick without people losing their minds.
Lol. Okay there trumper humper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 10-6-2020, 07:05 PM   #572
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
cope
Old 10-6-2020, 10:21 PM   #573
ULTIMEGA
Torn to oblivion!

Quote:

Quote:

Old 10-6-2020, 11:06 PM   #574
choof
Banned

given what i know of chudniks politics i find it strange that he'd trust a government narrative to begin with
Old 10-7-2020, 01:50 AM   #575
gold stinger

Quote:
True. One of the three most powerful people in the world, whom's party dictates the fate of a firm majority of North America, has gotten sick with the most dangerous virus as of present.

Don't see why that shouldn't call for alarm. It's not so much that it's a conspiracy theory, it's more that people are skeptical given there's a small amount of evidence that says otherwise.

I am on-board with the idea that Trump is truly alright, but we'll have to see whether his condition improves or worsens, and that comes with time. I don't think doctors would just let the POTUS of all people, walk out the front door of a hospital because 'he feels fine'.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 10-7-2020 at 01:51 AM..
Old 10-7-2020, 01:56 AM   #576
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

Quote:
uh what? this is not a conspiracy theory and it's not as trivial as 'getting sick'. he has covid19 by his own admission and we don't have a vaccine for it. of course he is going to say he's fine and his doctors he appoints will spin that narrative for political purposes so close to the election. i supplied a video of him exhibiting symptoms of the disease the moment he was let out of the hospital for treatment of it, just the video. shortness of breath is a very common symptom. i said there is a 10-15% chance of him dying which is high for a chance of death but still 85-90% likely he will recover and if he does fully recover which i hope he does it doesn't mean this entire situation didn't happen

if video evidence won't let you see out of your narrative i don't think there is a point to discussing further but as this is an open forum you aren't the only one reading so i posted a response.

Last edited by awein999; 10-7-2020 at 02:15 AM..
Old 10-7-2020, 02:33 AM   #577
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMEGA View Post
Kind of makes you wonder just how screwed we are as a species.
I think it was sk8er who once posted that rap wasn't music, I could be misremembering but I do think it was him

I told him that I wished I could fine him for that post
I've never more accurately predicted the future

EDIT: It was sk8er, I checked
Gazelle's sig was from that terrible thread
what a terrible world

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by the sun fan; 10-7-2020 at 02:35 AM..
Old 10-7-2020, 06:22 AM   #578
choof
Banned

sk8r turned out to be a racist anti semite lmao what a development
Old 10-7-2020, 09:30 AM   #579
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 10-7-2020, 09:41 AM   #580
Dynam0
The Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
The phrase "this shit slaps" is the current meta which I find particularly annoying idk why

To keep this post relevant: Siru Van Oroc sounds like a legit Finnish name
Closed Thread