Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2016, 05:21 AM   #321
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

And then if I did that others would be talking about inconsistency. Oh well, not everyone wins
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:26 AM   #322
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I actually did notice that ending but I didn't think much of it haha.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:25 AM   #323
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalre View Post
cerdo_claro ones
wait are you that guy from chile that was around forever ago?

like on odi even
Old 09-11-2016, 08:36 AM   #324
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

@28.443 @38.729
Now that you mentioned and listening to the actual song, I think it might just be the end of the hold sound that Im hearing as a note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
The Chorus
its some guitar or bass sound that Im hearing as

gunna have to find out where to check the settings for bass/treble. It is weird tht Im hearing this low bassy sound over the drums. If anything its definitely some sound hitting on the percussion.

With the ending, it was so obvious I assumed they were working on a patch already and didnt bother bringing up. assuming is bad I know.

Last edited by Buta-san; 09-11-2016 at 10:08 AM..
Buta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #325
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Am I the only one who likes the FFR chart for Angel Island Remix? Love playing that song

The ending is necessary tho the trills made the song
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:41 AM   #326
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
Basically. Yes. Fortunately, Yosh's reviews consists soley of, "Ok." And, I haven't seen him step more than one 100 files like I have, so don't take that into offense lol..
Wow, I don't even remember posting this (Sorry, I was celebrating at the bar last night).

But... WOW, Holy cow. What the hell?! Okay Yosh, for the most part, I'm going to invoke Hanlon's Razor on most of what you're saying to give benefit of the doubt, but if you're going to slander me like that, then at least get some things straight. I would have kept this to PMs, but since you quoted me out of context, I honestly need to fire back. #FFRDrama

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
seems like you enjoy lording quantity over quality. how many of those 100 files are offsync? like 85 of them lol
Sure, if we're talking about the files I made Pre '05. I'll give you that one.

Quote:
tbh i tried not to get frustrated w/ you during stream but comments like
Quote:
Oh just 160 XD But still... Considering...All files have great gfx, are on sync, have steps that make sense...I dare anyone else to beat that. :P

Steps that makes sense = Falls into that category ma'am.

Creativity + PR + Flow + Fun Factor

All dumps are bad
Quoting me out of context for everyone to see. Not cool. (Also, I stated I despise dumps. It's fairly common knowledge I'm not a fan of dumps)

Quote:
like look dude, i don't mind that you're trying to be condescending by saying calling me "ma'am" but you're also disrespecting the rest of the people who are making files and releasing packs.
Okay so, this was in response to your girlfriend or lady-friend or whomever she was on stream, whom of which made some comment relevant to that response that I can't really remember. If that was actually you and there was an echo in the background, then I apologize. It wasn't my intent; nor was it my intent to assume anyone's gender, it's just it sounded like a female made that comment I was responding to. If that was a trigger then sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Yes, you have a right to be proud of a pack that you put a lot of work into.
Thanks! Over 2 1/2 years. This gave me a chance to really dissect and look into each file in the pack.

Quote:
No, you don't need to be a prick about it and claim that you've been around for such a long time and therefore know best, and are able to speak for people reviewing lol
To be fair, at the time you were speaking of inaccuracies in a particular file, to which I was responded that was subjective and it was a point you even actually agreed on. I didn't realize that is taboo nowadays. Also, there's more to say but don't worry, I'll get back to this.

Quote:
If you're expecting an essay on each file, then you might want to seek professional help.
Not at all. I've been involved in more packs than I can count on both hands, I was merely making a remark on how your reviews mostly consist of "Ok" (Which again, I kind of posted while I was actually super-drunk last night; doesn't make it better, but it's actually kind of true lol).

Quote:
Going into stream and being like "haha you don't even understand this file your opinion is wrong
I never said anything like that so please don't slander me. You were pointing out things in MooMoo_Cowfreak's file that I disagreed with, and stated it was subjective, to which again, you even agreed was the case. I never ever stated your opinion was wrong, so don't lie about that shit.

Quote:
i've been in this community for a long time so i know what i'm talking about
WOW. At least explain the context of the conversation. I merely stated my opinion that MarioNintendo was the greatest VGM Stepper of our time currently, having personally been around since '03. I'm sorry if that's not a fair thing to say but I have to disagree with you there. You disagreed and said that was Hi19. Hi19 is good yes, all of his files in the pack are amazing (Shit, one of them is in my top 5), but there were a couple stinkers he sent in too that weren't accepted (He knows this as well :P ). MarioNintendo sent in no stinkers.

Quote:
The fact that you're continuing this in thread is also pretty damn aggravating.
Dude, you're the one who put me on blast in front of everyone with fucking lies. This actually makes me want to legit quit the community. You even made me miss my appointment with my barber over this which makes me furious since he's only in town every other weekend. I really wish you would have taken this to PMs.

Finally,
Quote:
All dumps are bad
I said I despise dumps. I legitimately just don't enjoy them because they tend to be bullshit and don't actually add anything to the song other than stress for the fingers. Just my opinion obviously, but I never said all dumps are bad.

EDIT: I'm sorry all for being amped up over this, but this dude just completely took things out of context to try and slander me make some kind of point. You can hate on the pack all you want but at least be honest.

PM me if you find the secret.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 09-11-2016 at 11:34 AM..
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:49 AM   #327
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
I never said anything like that so please don't slander me. You were pointing out things in MooMoo_Cowfreak's file that I disagreed with, and stated it was subjective, to which again, you even agreed was the case. I never ever stated your opinion was wrong, so don't lie about that shit.
Wish I'd been there now

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #328
Kalre
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
wait are you that guy from chile that was around forever ago?

like on odi even
Yes, hehe.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #329
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #330
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

DRAMA DRAMA YES FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT AAAA

jk as fun as it may be things should prob be left at "whatev I disagree ur gay"
Old 09-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #331
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

lol bro cmon, YoshL blasts me like every thread I make, honestly him giving a decent review, I'd take that as a good review. You need to understand how he is, and also, I'd say he definitely knows a thing or two about songs, no disrespect, he's pretty high up there, playing for USA 4k osu team and all.. He's definitely been around the block.

Like look at this, I try to make something http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=145457 and I get destroyed cause of the public algorithm I use

-> Regardless of this, I don't take it personally because I understand theres drama between a prominent FFR community member and the people who run that algorithm, and I can look past it and see that people are in fact downloading it and using/enjoying it - same with this pack.

You all gotta understand, sometimes you'll work hard on something and people are still gonna nitpick what they don't like, sometimes it's unjustified or w/e sometimes they are just giving constructive criticism, but bro cmon we all know the only thing anyone really has in this game is their ego and how notorious they are, this type of game is basically the breeding grounds for the elitist gamer lol (I like that though to be honest).

Just take some of the stuff with a grain of salt and not too literally, droppin some real talk but everyone takes everything so personally and literally, like if Mina says "The devs in stepmania are all bad, look at these stupid int -> float -> int conversions", you shouldn't take that literally, you need to understand how some people here express themselves lol like damn.

This pack is great, but instead of taking the reviews directly at face value, focus on what they are trying to say - you all know you are great steppers (It's not from this pack, but kommisars Purple Drank is one of my favorite songs/files of all time, in FFR or FFR Community Pack, hi19hi19 has some super bomb files with things like dr1, Death Throes of the Terror Squid.. You guys are notorious steppers anyways) - the pack sells itself as the videogame megapack lol, like someone new to stepmania isn't going to read these reviews and be biased and not download it - and if you ask me, no one is a perfect stepper for songs. As amazing as any given song in this pack is, I wouldn't dare believe you if you said "I believe this song I made is 100% perfect" because the second you think your files are perfect, the second you stop making better files.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 09-11-2016 at 10:14 AM..
Old 09-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #332
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
lol bro cmon, YoshL blasts me like every thread I make, honestly him giving a decent review, I'd take that as a good review. You need to understand how he is, and also, I'd say he definitely knows a thing or two about songs, no disrespect, he's pretty high up there, playing for USA 4k osu team and all.. He's definitely been around the block.

Like look at this, I try to make something http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=145457 and I get destroyed cause of the public algorithm I use

-> Regardless of this, I don't take it personally because I understand theres drama between a prominent FFR community member and the people who run that algorithm, and I can look past it and see that people are in fact downloading it and using/enjoying it - same with this pack.

You all gotta understand, sometimes you'll work hard on something and people are still gonna nitpick what they don't like, sometimes it's unjustified or w/e sometimes they are just giving constructive criticism, but bro cmon we all know the only thing anyone really has in this game is their ego and how notorious they are, this type of game is basically the breeding grounds for the elitist gamer lol (I like that though to be honest).

Just take some of the stuff with a grain of salt and not too literally, droppin some real talk but everyone takes everything so personally and literally, like if Mina says "The devs in stepmania are all bad, look at these stupid int -> float -> int conversions", you shouldn't take that literally, you need to understand how some people here express themselves lol like damn.

This pack is great, but instead of taking the reviews directly at face value, focus on what they are trying to say - you all know you are great steppers (It's not from this pack, but kommisars Purple Drank is one of my favorite songs/files of all time, in FFR or FFR Community Pack, hi19hi19 has some super bomb files with things like dr1, Death Throes of the Terror Squid.. You guys are notorious steppers anyways) - the pack sells itself as the videogame megapack lol, like someone new to stepmania isn't going to read these reviews and be biased and not download it - and if you ask me, no one is a perfect stepper for songs. As amazing as any given song in this pack is, I wouldn't dare believe you if you said "I believe this song I made is 100% perfect" because the second you think your files are perfect, the second you stop making better files.
Yeah, and I completely agree with you there, but if you're going to flat out misrepresent someone because of some teenage angst you have, be prepared to have that person set the record straight. Nitpick the pack all you want, someone else surely will enjoy it.

PM me if you find the secret.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 09-11-2016 at 10:16 AM..
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #333
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Hi, just wanted to say sorry that my reviews are somewhat delayed. I wanted to give the last 1/4 proper responses so I don't just sound like an asshole when I say "I didn't like this", so it's taking a while (+ tfw life hits you hard). They'll come out eventually

Just want to say too though, no matter what some may think, the pack as a whole is special with how the community came together; we need more things like this to keep FFR/Stepmania alive and prosperous. that said I still don't enjoy most of the jacking files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post

For what it's worth, I really appreciated that thread and don't think using SML is a bad idea. Better than getting "random" difficulty levels.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ

Last edited by Celirra; 09-11-2016 at 10:44 AM..
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #334
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hello, is there drama?
Old 09-11-2016, 11:27 AM   #335
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm the most under appreciated stepartist ever
Old 09-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #336
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Heh, Stepfile This is one of my favorite charts of all time, it's one of my go to practice songs.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #337
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Okay so, this was in response to your girlfriend or lady-friend or whomever she was on stream
ok, I misinterpreted this part, and tbh i think most of my anger stemmed from this - it really looked like you were being incredibly condescending from this, and I think I plastered that attitude all over the rest of the things you were saying in the chat, and I apologize for that previous post.

a couple of things though:
when you say "he doesn't even understand that this is a joke file" heavily implies that you believe that my opinions are wrong because they're grounded in the wrong base (about work harder), so I don't think I was lying there

the "Ok" remarks for files were addressed in the top of the document.

I also didn't say hi19 was the greatest stepper of this time (he's definitely one of the people who can shit out consistently good files though), and initially you did claim the MN was actually the best stepper of the current era, which i responded to by mentioning the other vsrg communities and places that you haven't really been paying attention to, to which you decided to revise your opinion. I guess the initial opinions (same with the 'pack is great i dare anyone to beat that' opinion revision) got to me a bit

in any case, that's mostly just like, semantics about you firing back, but it's understandable with what i said initially, and again i'm sorry
========

dinglesberry, i didn't blast you over anything, i just quoted where you thought sml was an accurate representation of difficulty, bolded it, and wrote ".." - there were like 6 other people who then followed and verified that sml is definitely not accurate lmfao

========

All this being said, I'm not at all hating on this pack, if you were watching stream, i was quite enjoying myself while playing through. I still have 3/4ths of the pack to chug through later as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #338
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Quote:
step animes :V
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #339
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
This is actually true, along with gundam dude to an extent. I love all your files. Cant think of one that I disliked.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #340
Buta-san
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Buta-san

I was skimming through the broadcast history yesterday looking for reactions on my stuff and heard lunatic rough party.

Didnt kno 2hu was allowed in this pack ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)