Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 08-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #21
Soul Evans
FFR Player

Default Re: Are people cool or do they suck?

I don’t know if it’s possible to take hate away from people. Not even people like us, who’ve seen firsthand what hate can do. We’re all hurting. We’re all going to be hurting for a long time. And we, probably more than anyone else out there, will be searching for a new reality every day. A better one.
Soul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:21 AM   #22
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

I know what I have witnessed, and now it is your turn.
prepare yourself for a journey into a world where each new step may give you a better understanding of your own reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #23
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-

everyone is cool and we are all the coolest person we know

-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #24
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

tim's pretty cool tbh

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:58 AM   #25
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I think YoshL is pretty cool. He cool like the ice in my freezer. They're shaped kind of funky though, they remind me how people like me... need to change the hatred in everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #26
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

i may look cool but...
I'm flirting. I'm going to be flirting for a long time.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #27
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

people are self-serving, in that they maximize personal value added while minimizing cost. i think whether or not this makes people "good" or "bad" is largely conditioned and affected by what people know about a situation.

people got mad when GAP was found using essentially child sweatshop labor to make clothes. i'm sure at the time GAP went "oh, no, we never meant to do that, that's not what we do and we'll restructure our supply lines accordingly" but they kept doing it. because iirc according to local laws it's legal. if it ought to be illegal (leaving aside whether we, here, think it should or not), the people there ought to do something about it - but they might not, because the influx of labor serves an economic interest of the country.

people got mad at mylan more recently, for raising the epi pen price while paying top execs a ton and incorporating elsewhere to not have to pay US taxes. that's all incredibly obnoxious as many have said, but it's still legal for now.

that's a little bit of a distraction, but i like those as an example because they're places where a lot of us might see "bad". if you see big business as doing "bad" things, they're probably the most economically viable options which would await a "good" response.

so it's all relative and gets into personal views on human rights and liberties, pretty much
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #28
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

Everyone has potential, regardless of the opinions or biases they are holding, once they realize we're cut from the same cloth. Regardless, some people refuse to let go of predispositions of concepts of what makes a person good or bad. But people can be cool if you get to know them fundamentally-- until you reach that point I wouldn't make any assumptions. Most people are just human, surviving. And part of me finds that cool in the sense that I can at least relate to them hugely.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:41 PM   #29
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

nah people are shit are shit are shit
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:34 AM   #30
Soul Evans
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
nah people are shit are shit are shit
+1
Soul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #31
Fantasticone
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

They are exploiting, so I guess they are suck.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #32
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

vampires suck

Quote:
Old 08-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #33
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

i'm gonna start replying to things now. thnx for replying guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall View Post
This is Critical thinking material.

People suck as much as your attitude towards them. theres a multitude of varying personalities on this planet and very few of them can interact successfully without the assumption the other sucks. it's all perspective and finding people you can meaningfully connect with.

Lets look at personality traits as letters of the alphabet. very, very racist letters of the alphabet.

A to Z

you're an F, you like other F's, but for some reason you can't understand why J sucks so much? why does J suck so much, was it born that way? or did it just learn to be a J over time? Who knows; but the point is, it's all perspective and finding others with common personality traits and interests
yeah this makes sense. a lot of other people were talking about compatibility here too, and i think that's really important because "good" and "bad" vary a lot based on context.

also like @charu and others who said that you should judge people as good until proven otherwise, yeah that's my mantra. i'm really naive though and get taken advantage of a lot, so there's some merit in starting from the opposite side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Lmao grow up dude

On topic: I agree with what fg is saying, the level of selfishness in a person perhaps loosely measures how "bad" they are (without debating the semantics of what it means to be "good" or "bad"). Seeking out your own wishes and desires is fine as long as it is at minimal expense to others, there should be a give-and-take. It's clear that people are both fundamentally good and bad; what I find more interesting is seeing if there is justification for the way people are. "Is it his/her fault that they're an asshole?" This will likely just become a debate on ownership for mental illness similar to that caverino thread rip
yeeeee this is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
people are self-serving, in that they maximize personal value added while minimizing cost. i think whether or not this makes people "good" or "bad" is largely conditioned and affected by what people know about a situation.

people got mad when GAP was found using essentially child sweatshop labor to make clothes. i'm sure at the time GAP went "oh, no, we never meant to do that, that's not what we do and we'll restructure our supply lines accordingly" but they kept doing it. because iirc according to local laws it's legal. if it ought to be illegal (leaving aside whether we, here, think it should or not), the people there ought to do something about it - but they might not, because the influx of labor serves an economic interest of the country.

people got mad at mylan more recently, for raising the epi pen price while paying top execs a ton and incorporating elsewhere to not have to pay US taxes. that's all incredibly obnoxious as many have said, but it's still legal for now.

that's a little bit of a distraction, but i like those as an example because they're places where a lot of us might see "bad". if you see big business as doing "bad" things, they're probably the most economically viable options which would await a "good" response.

so it's all relative and gets into personal views on human rights and liberties, pretty much
yeah i'm a really liberal person but even i agree that it's hypocritical to call big businesses bad for looking out for themselves. they're behaving just like every other person but they just have way more power than us, so the repercussions are just worse.
that being said, unless you want that kinda money and power you just have to accept that you're gonna have to be better than the average person, or else you deserve to be average /$0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSM View Post
I don't think any human is fundamentally good or bad, I just believe people's behaviours are picked up by certain aspects of them growing up, them being a good or bad person (as vague as "good" and "bad" can be) is up to how they pick things up.

If someone has been living an environment where he/she is living with negative aspects of life, they're going to act with negative behavioural traits (this is of the perspective of general society) which you may consider as the "bad" (Even though to them, they probably believe it to be right)

If someone has been living in an environment where he/she is living with positive aspects of life, they're going to act with positive behavioural traits (Again, this is of the perspective of general society) which you may consider as positive (Though others could consider negative)

That is (Considerably) the most basic form of what I think, it just gets into a deep rabbit hole if we start adding many other factors
cool so you think it's the society not the people that are "good" and "bad"
then why are there good and bad people who live in the same (or near-same) environment?

I agree with that to some degree. A lot of the aspects of "good" and "bad" are socially constructed (so like what Izzy said), but I also believe that some things that are universal (for example, murder will be bad wherever you go, and even if you enter some weird cultish place that's like "yeeaaaah, murder", your conscious, which intuitively knows about these universal aspects, will kick in and be like "lol maybe everyone's crazy").

So I think that the context in which someone lives defines them a lot, but some aspects of their personality remain with them wherever they go. That's why people who live in identical/near-identical environments (e.g. siblings, people in the same neighborhood) can vary a lot in personality and orientation of their moral compass, even though most parts of their lives are the same.
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:25 PM   #34
Azpb Djbread
FFR Player

i dislike people in general.
Azpb Djbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:13 AM   #35
Trumpet63
Mostly Ignored
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

People are great big balls of emotional nonsense. Luckily we're equipped with empathy and rationality as tools for connecting with one another. At the same time, however, these tools are often broken or worn down, or other things get in the way like fear and insecurities. I think that most people are amazing, beautiful math problems, and it is a grand privilege to gain insight into their solutions through friendship.
2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

Zageron: Trumpet
Trumpet63: yes, im here
Zageron: You have a problem.
Trumpet63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2016, 02:34 AM   #36
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I think to assume that Good and Bad do not really exist, or that all people naturally skew towards being good really doesn't give credit to those who are selfless or generally display positive traits that do more good then harm.

Because being selfish and non-understanding is by and large the easiest and most rewarding way to live your life (every act you preform benefits you to some extent, after all) that you pretty much have to go against instinct to try and be charitable and forgiving.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2016, 03:01 AM   #37
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

if there are any cool people i wouldn't look in this thread for em
Old 09-4-2016, 08:03 AM   #38
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
if there are any cool people i wouldn't look in this thread for em
No ones as cool as FFR4EVA_00 :P

Jk hes cool, I spent a while the other day reading old 2004-2007 FFR stuff lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
people got mad when GAP was found
Speakin of that check this out: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/GAP/

Cool old lookin FFR page lol

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 09-4-2016 at 08:05 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2016, 06:18 PM   #39
massflavour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to massflavour Send a message via MSN to massflavour

my aimless conjecture on this subject is that as children, we tend to test our boundaries at a certain age, and if there is no reprimand for it, we can potentially continue to push our moral boundaries throughout the rest of our lives. most people i've personally encountered tended to have good intentions but i think everyone is subject to wanting to bend the rules at one time or another. i believe the extent to which one wants to bend the rules plays into their early life development

people who are deemed "immoral" tend to have suffered some sort of extreme hardship early in their lives. the most obvious example are psychopathic criminals and pedophiles, of whom a large number of were victims of abuse in their childhoods.. but then you have an outlier like jeffrey dahmer whose main hardship in adolescence was his parents' divorce, rather than an overly touchy-feely uncle, or witnessing his best friend get murdered or something else unthinkable. there are also "good" outliers too (i.e. experienced extreme hardship early in life but turned out "good") but i'm having difficulty thinking of an example

there is no short answer to figuring out if people are naturally inclined to be good or bad. it seems to be a chicken/egg scenario
Old 09-6-2016, 11:54 PM   #40
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapasso View Post
does people STINK or COOL
damn this was an old reference. props.

nerds
infinity. is offline   Reply With Quote