rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: An Open Letter Re: QueenAshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
listen, mom

if you're all for equal treatment and such that's fine and dandy

but when the person across you is a lesbian wolfkin transsexual aspirant-elite gamer wannabe-intellectual arguably-narcissist who wants puppies to be immortal, who is fueled by human affection, with a transsexual casual-gamer partner with whom ey has issues with eys transitional physical features while ey has been going through the same issues as ey since ey eyself asks for advice on breastpadding,
*inhales*
who thinks vibro is the same as mashing, thinks redirecting to a thread is a personal attack, has a subscription on "I was only acting retarded"-cards and is generally equally as capable of posting hostile and/or toxic reactions, derailing her threads, break rules and get infracted as the rest of us
then it's not really our fault
I love you.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:46 AM   #24
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

k so here's the sitch. I try not to be a giga-asshole to QueenAshy, but boy is it annoying to see 85-90% of her content in the wrong place time and time again. So yeah, I'm probably known to be one of the most abrasive users in regard to her. Ignore user function? Not the solution, considering it's a general aim by Ashy to be the center of attention whenever she posts.

With QueenAshy ignored, she becomes the gray dots to the community's black sqaures -- not actually there, but it's easy to fill in the gaps with surrounding context.

She's been told several times to cool it on the threads -- obviously hasn't worked.
Several members of this community (including the OP) have made it clear what kind of content belongs in a Random Thought and that most of her content belongs there -- the threads continue.
Maybe banning her will correct the behavior? -- Nope.
There's nothing in this thread that hasn't been said before. It is a vicious cycle because it's so damn perturbing to be caught in it, but you can't help but participate in the absolute fiesta that it is.
I don't have a solution to this, but I hope someone figures one out, and I really hope the one to do it is QueenAshy herself.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 11-10-2018 at 12:50 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:51 AM   #25
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
I don't have a solution to this, but I hope someone figures one out.
create content? or just dip from the forums?

the fact that her threads (which are far less frequent than they initially were) are hovering somewhere around 25% of anything new that shows up on the front page is definitely part of the picture here imo.

not that I personally feel like there's a problem here that didn't already exist, but just to throw in my 1.5 cents
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:03 AM   #26
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
I understand that. What I'm trying to get at, in a nutshell, from my own conclusions, is that this type of "forum nonsense" is not going to get fixed unless:

a) QueenAshy finds suitable assistance IRL and gets her anxiety put in check by a professional therapist (which I don't see happening due to the cycle of anxiety that gets created with what I mentioned prior)

or

b) QueenAshy gets banned from making threads, forcing her to either use random thoughts, or use other people's threads, which would be considered derailment if it did not pertain to the thread.

This isn't a particularly new idea either. I think I suggested the idea of a thread creation ban almost immediately after QueenAshy's 2nd ban. I don't feel there's a reason or need to exclude someone entirely from a community by outright banning them, but I feel like the line has been drawn multiple times regarding QueenAshy threads, and this thread being made shows that those lines do not work.
For the record ,I have no problem finding a therapist
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:08 AM   #27
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
So since this keeps being a constant source of forum nonsense, lets just grab bulls by horns and address elephants in rooms and so forth.

The problem here is a self-feeding cycle. Here's how that cycle goes:

1/ QueenAshy makes a thread that should have been a bump to a previous thread of hers.

2/ A bunch of people decide a great idea is to come into her thread and tell her off for making too many threads, or for the content of her threads, or otherwise just react with hostility.

3/ The people doing 2/ invariably break a rule and get infracted or given a short 1-day Ban

4/ The thread gets completely derailed by people going on at length about how they don't like the bans, to the point that we have to lock the thread.

5/ When QueenAshy wants to continue her thread, it's locked, so she makes a new thread.

Goto2

More than anything, this is just getting tiresome.

Everybody who doesn't like QueenAshy:

Yes, there are a vocal group of people who don't like QueenAshy. Your dislike of her or her posting doesn't mean you can break the rules. And when you break the rules, eventually it gets you banned, even if just for a day. I don't think any of you have been banned for posting in QueenAshy threads for as long, in total, as QueenAshy has been banned herself for when her threads break rules, so maybe just don't use slurs, and harass users, and you'll be fine.

You don't have to read QueenAshy threads, you don't have to post in QueenAshy threads, in fact we have a handy ignore list that will make it so you never see a post of hers ever again. If you can't restrain yourself from breaking the rules responding to her, you're going to get infracted and banned. You'll have to choose between "Venting your spleen at QueenAshy" and "Not being banned" if you aren't able to manage "Being critical without breaking the rules" (Though you'll probably still be being a jerk, since you can easily block her and not see her posts at all, they're not being forced on you here)

QueenAshy:

Most of your threads should be random thoughts on your profile. I understand that you get a larger audience here, but if your primary motive is "Getting attention" instead of "Engaging with the community" maybe...go do that somewhere else? We have forums for discussion between members of the community, and we have 'random thoughts' on profiles for when you are just putting information about your life out / blogging to yourself about your life.

You're not entitled to the widest possible audience regardless of your content. Things go in places. Put them in the right places. If you want to make a thread, think about whether this is something for the community to know about, care about, and want to engage with or whether it should be a blog post somewhere, or a random thought on your profile for the interested.

And if you decide it should be a thread, please, if the previous thread is still open and about that same stuff, please just put it in that thread instead of making a new one?
So I’m basically being punished for being active and talking about harmless content? Wow… that is very classy. Almost how r/osugame tried to censor LGBT topics on the forums… HMM......

And yes, I will keep my threads going with edits if I need to. Like, for example, if I need to talk more about my girlfriend, I’ll edit the title of that post. Unless it’s something completely unrelated to that topic, or something really fucking terrible and something that shouldn’t be muddied by prior discussion, such as a nasty breakup…

I’m not trying to spam here, I’m trying to connect with this community. Because, despite the bad blood, I still feel like you all are a pretty cool bunch of people. Granted, there’s some that are mean/cynical, but it’s nowhere near as bad as other people I’ve dealt with. In fact, it’s relatively tame compared to that type of thing.

And yes, I used to write in a diary constantly. But that was when I had no one to talk to, and it was quite lonely, an dhonestly made my anxiety worse and made me more isolated. I have no problem with writing in a journal from time to time, but sometimes I need a sort of “living journal” from time to time to help me straighten out my thoughts, if that makes any sense.

All in all, I’m not trying to troll or spam, or bring down these forums. I’m merely trying to engage with this community.

You have a good day
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:36 AM   #28
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
So I’m basically being punished for being active and talking about harmless content? Wow… that is very classy. Almost how r/osugame tried to censor LGBT topics on the forums… HMM......
Oh boy.

no
Old 11-10-2018, 04:02 AM   #29
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i check back on this site occasionally and i am astounded each time to see how much further the community has managed to sink into its own collective autism-fueled degeneracy

i can only pray this is rock bottom

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:58 AM   #30
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

why do the mods complain about queenashy when all they do is give her care and attention and fend off all the hate?

to be honest I'd love to be queenashy i can talk about anything get people triggered and banned all while maintaining my victim persona (insert sad story here) life is amazing

Last edited by Antori; 11-10-2018 at 05:44 AM..
Antori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:27 AM   #31
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
this is not the right response

the mods are trying to throw you a bone here even though you have negatively perturbed these forums dramatically since you started posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:46 AM   #32
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

well would you look who derailed the thread

edit:
here's a hint to clarify: someone tried to make this political

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 11-10-2018 at 06:54 AM..
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #33
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy
All in all, I’m not trying to troll or spam, or bring down these forums. I’m merely trying to engage with this community.
You need to understand that there can be a difference between what you intend, and what are the consequences of acting on your intentions.

Quote:
Um...no not even a tiny bit.

Quote:
And yes, I will keep my threads going with edits if I need to.
Then they'll continue to be locked and you'll continue to be infracted and continue to be banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi19Hi19
i check back on this site occasionally and i am astounded each time to see how much further the community has managed to sink into its own collective autism-fueled degeneracy

What happened to you man, you used to be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
why do the mods complain about queenashy when all they do is give her care and attention and fend off all the hate?

to be honest I'd love to be queenashy i can talk about anything get people triggered and banned all while maintaining my victim persona (insert sad story here) life is amazing
This is also extremely not true. She's been banned for longer than pretty much all her detractors combined. The problem here is people who are upset that because they think her content is bad, they aren't given carte blanche just just rip into her constantly.

Last edited by devonin; 11-10-2018 at 07:56 AM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:58 AM   #34
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post

Big ol' oof.

We all made the corn man sad and that makes me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:00 AM   #35
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

His using 'autistic' as a slur is what makes me sad.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:13 AM   #36
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
What happened to you man, you used to be cool.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #37
Aquellex
Blue Kangaroo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

fuck me, you're so autistic when it comes to stepmaniers

yeah I'm a Jordan Peterson fan with probably an IQ of 140ish

Submit solo VGM charts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
It is impossible to download and examine the FFR website's source code, which means that it is impossible to prove that FFR is not spyware. FFR also records all of your scores and restarts, and publicly broadcasts your blackflags without user consent.
Aquellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #38
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquellex View Post
fuck me, you're so autistic when it comes to stepmaniers

yeah I'm a Jordan Peterson fan with probably an IQ of 140ish

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 11-10-2018 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: i hope this one doesnt page break
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #39
Aquellex
Blue Kangaroo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

EXACTLY!!

Submit solo VGM charts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
It is impossible to download and examine the FFR website's source code, which means that it is impossible to prove that FFR is not spyware. FFR also records all of your scores and restarts, and publicly broadcasts your blackflags without user consent.
Aquellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #40
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Virgin Recommends?

12 Rules of Life?

...Do I dare google what in the world this means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote