Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > Gaming > Other Music Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #21
PixlSM
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 383
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

oh yeah, and you get a multiplier for using visual mods like hidden sudden and flashlight, despite the fact that the people who use those, use them because it makes the game EASIER to read.
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #22
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 3,730
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

I don't like column colours
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #23
PixlSM
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 383
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSM View Post
While im not sure about the current state of it now, iirc this was reverted

but in the case it isnt
your point's still valid
i know someone who actually NEEDS to use flashlight because he cant read the game otherwise, it's kind of the same vein of someone using high scroll speeds because of short memory span or low scroll speeds or a mental illness/challenge they have to deal with. it's really fucking unfair

I mean just the very fact that this was considered a good idea and was pushed through shows just how oblivious the devs are. It took a massive community shitstorm to get it reverted. (Also iirc FL still had the bonus but not hidden and sudden, which further goes to show they didn’t learn their lesson)

Last edited by PixlSM; 11-17-2017 at 11:01 AM..
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #24
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 3,730
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

btw I don't know how far VSRGs are getting to e-sports

all of icy's points are valid when it comes to being a game that's enjoyable
but if osu!mania is trying to portray itself as an e-sport(contender), it should fix these issues regardless of casual enjoyment
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #25
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 29
Posts: 4,827
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
osu is objectively better than ffr and if you think otherwise you are delusional
Exactly

Osu is 2017
FFR is 2007
__________________


Last edited by Xiz; 11-17-2017 at 01:58 PM..
Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #26
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 7,084
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
FFR is 2004
Fixed!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #27
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: he/him
Age: 30
Posts: 10,104
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Exactly

Osu is 2017
FFR is 2007
xiz is so two thousand and late
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #28
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rushyrulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 72 billion club, NE
Age: 28
Posts: 12,530
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
btw I don't know how far VSRGs are getting to e-sports
I'd be genuinelly shocked, no flabbergasted, if VSRGs ever evolved into an e-sport
__________________


Last edited by rushyrulz; 11-17-2017 at 08:25 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #29
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 3,730
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

there were at least two osu!mania tournaments though
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #30
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rushyrulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 72 billion club, NE
Age: 28
Posts: 12,530
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

I think there's a not-so-fine line between a couple tournaments and a full-blown esport
__________________

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #31
SpaceGorilla
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
SpaceGorilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: *‏‏‏‏‏‏*‏‏‏‏‏‏
Age: 84
Posts: 269
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

fantastic thread
__________________

br2pac
br2pac
br2pac
br2pac
br2pac
br2pac
br2pac
SpaceGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #32
xXSora
FFR Player
 
xXSora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

[insert stepmania-biased opinion on how bad osu!mania is]
xXSora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:08 PM   #33
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran
 
Mahou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 2,048
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Lol both games are fun to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty rhino View Post
one does not simply hate everyone that plays stepmania
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:05 PM   #34
R666
FFR Player
 
R666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 12
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Lol both games are fun to me.
i think both suck but osu is a bit worse
R666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:37 PM   #35
Shodzzy
FFR Player
 
Shodzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Not sure
Age: 19
Posts: 242
Send a message via Yahoo to Shodzzy Send a message via Skype™ to Shodzzy
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

... It's Osu..?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
If I, as an adult, time traveled to have sex with myself at age 16, is this:

1. pedophilia?

2. statutory rape?

3. masturbation?
[size="4"]Listen here you failed colostomy, I'm gonna find out where you live grind your pet rock into a pile of sand, roll it up into a blunt then make you smoke it through an asthma inhaler /SIZE]

Best FC's
(60) burned down the ghost house and escaped spooks
(60) -Slapstick-
(64) Survive
Shodzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:43 PM   #36
Shodzzy
FFR Player
 
Shodzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Not sure
Age: 19
Posts: 242
Send a message via Yahoo to Shodzzy Send a message via Skype™ to Shodzzy
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

It's also a very shitty ripoff (? i mean, is it?) and I can't play with 5 controls at once lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
If I, as an adult, time traveled to have sex with myself at age 16, is this:

1. pedophilia?

2. statutory rape?

3. masturbation?
[size="4"]Listen here you failed colostomy, I'm gonna find out where you live grind your pet rock into a pile of sand, roll it up into a blunt then make you smoke it through an asthma inhaler /SIZE]

Best FC's
(60) burned down the ghost house and escaped spooks
(60) -Slapstick-
(64) Survive
Shodzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:00 PM   #37
Moria
CAT CRIME
FFR Veteran
 
Moria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 508
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodzzy View Post
It's also a very shitty ripoff (? i mean, is it?) and I can't play with 5 controls at once lol


Last edited by Moria; 01-31-2018 at 05:00 PM..
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2018, 02:25 PM   #38
QueenAshy
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 22
Posts: 554
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasticone View Post
- Flawed rating system
- Laggy for some people
- Ranked charts not hard enough I heard
- Column colors is very hard to get used to
- Personally upscroll is not supported well enough for most skins

Just some reasons here.
1. Yeah, the star rating system is flawed. Though, abraker is working on a new star rating algorithm that favors jumptrills less and determines difficulty based on how hard the patterns actually are to read.

2. I don't see how it would lag, I've run it on a surface pro 4 before and it worked fine. (It would crash when loading complicated things in the editor or selecting too many objects at one time tho).

3. Loved charts kind of fix that. Some of them are above 13*; which is about lv. 110 on o2jam (number might be off, I'm not the biggest of o2jam players). But there are some ranked charts that are pretty hard, and DT exists (which can make things a lot harder btw).

4. Yeah, single color per column is kinda lame. I wish it had the beat colors like in FFR.

5. Depends on which skins, there's plenty of upscroll skins that work fine.
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-2-2018, 02:57 AM   #39
Aquellex
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 23
Posts: 163
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

IIDX is just osu! with a turntable
Aquellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:24 PM   #40
Cbru8383x
FFR Player
 
Cbru8383x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Default Re: why do people hate on osu!mania??

People hate o!m becuase it has some unfamilliar features, as a o!m maina, when I came to ffr, ln's, and the even for other vsrg's, the having to let go at end of ln was what I was used to (although tbf getting used to ln's for 1st was weird af) anyways, people get lag case by case... yes the rankings usually suck, although in my 1.5yr+ of playing I've found quite a lot of good maps, and there's a bunch of good unranked maps... and people who complained 7k dominates: there's 4k maps, so yeah no, they don't there' plenty of 4k only players rank 400+. As for difficulty rating, yeah no, that's fk'ed, the devs don't care for it, so yeah... it's just a mess there... but I can't blame em, they have to focus on fixing the main game mode std (standard) and not making jumps give too much pp (and as of rn they're making new client with new revamp etc). (EDIT: Skinning portion is also your opinion, and again depends on what you're used to, and your skills/patience) Next, skinning a skin I find much simpler... although my experience with ffr skinning is practically nothing... o!m skinning is quite simple once you understand each element, as it's name based, and even the skin.ini file is easy to understand. You also can't say it's just anime moaning etc. because you could easilly make your own, even ifyou don't wanna take the time to make each element yourself, you could copy paste .png/.jpg and rename to make em for the specific element you want... including hitsounds (and colors if you don't like the colors because they're "to bright". It's skinning, you make it however you want.) Now as for only being able to scroll one way without plug in's...yeah that sucks for yall... i got used to it so I could say the same about other games which don't include scroll like o!u. It's just something the devs didn't consider when making the gamemode, and if it really bothers you, with the new client I'm willing to bet you could make an argument to make them include both. Then punishment for missing... yeah no, there's different hp, so if you're playing easier maps, the hp is rlly fking forgiving (usually, because you get to manually set this when mapping) and then harder ones have worse hp than any ffr map I've seen... plus the difficulty of the maps in o!u range to being more difficult than any ffr map I've played... I'd be willing to bet I can pass any ffr map... yet ik I can barely pass a few 6*'s. If you want a good example of a good o!u map, aiae waffles shd. Now, this I have problems with ffr would be: no ln's... can also give me lag with timings and honestly... I've had just as many problems w/ ffr as o!u. (and I've played o!u a lot more) and then song selection and maps are limited severely (although I can't blame them.) (addition I just remembered seeing in an arguement: yeah, people praise any decent player, because o!u is more popular rn than ffr, and people who are just new to the game are going to praise anyone they think is 1/2 decent... that would be the same for ffr if ffr was more popular. And if you want to attack me that ffr is more popular I'm going to have to say, based on active players... and total player count... o!m is still more popular, which is probably in part due to std mode and then advertisement (advertisement as in people showing off, usually are ones showing off o!u skills, and i'd say there's less ffr vids recently than o!u... especially with the "talent show" crap that a lot of the decent o!u players hate because 1/2 of em are intermediate players pretending to be good.))

Considering all of that, there's really no reason to hate either game... it's made for each game's player base, and if the game's not for you, it's not for you... both games have just as many problems, and just as many community issues (if you account for scale).

To answer this threads question: people will hate it because people don't like what they're not used to and then there's people who don't enjoy the game... and there's toxic/manipulative people who'll get new players and intermediate players etc. to agree with their toxic ideas while making it so they don't form their own conclusions.

Last edited by Cbru8383x; 01-15-2020 at 11:27 PM..
Cbru8383x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution