Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-8-2009, 08:32 AM   #161
-BabysealBeater-
FFR Player

Default Re: religion/science

the universe is god but it doesn't care about us just like we don't care or even think twice about crushing a moth thats flying around a light because it annoys us
-BabysealBeater- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 08:34 AM   #162
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife called lust View Post
I was talking about like when we were 4, not 10. We only didnt want to be there once we got lives and friends.
We stopped going before I even made it to 10 lol. The only thing I remember we actually enjoyed about going was Sunday school because we got to do crafts and whatnot in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 08:44 AM   #163
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
We stopped going before I even made it to 10 lol. The only thing I remember we actually enjoyed about going was Sunday school because we got to do crafts and whatnot in it.
That's part of brainwashing. Positive reinforcement. Come and hear the "Word of God", and you get to have fun coloring and doing crafts. You feel good doing this things, therefore this religion must be good!
Old 11-8-2009, 08:47 AM   #164
-BabysealBeater-
FFR Player

Sitting in science class is just as bad
Old 11-8-2009, 08:48 AM   #165
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

yeah religion marketing is pretty cool they create sport centers and buff their churches with shiny golden ornaments and make funny recreative activities in their basements to have a bigger chance of attract the young peeps

i also like it a lot when religious people who plateally despise science and its methods make use of technological products to push their ideals.
Old 11-8-2009, 08:49 AM   #166
-BabysealBeater-
FFR Player

sounds like ffr
Old 11-8-2009, 08:49 AM   #167
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BabysealBeater- View Post
Sitting in science class is just as bad
At least Science class doesn't force you to believe it without offering reasoned proof of the concepts it teaches. Ask a science teacher to prove that objects at motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by a force and they can show you an experiment which exemplifies the principle. Ask a religious leader to prove that Jesus was a deity and they'll tell you to take their word for it.
Old 11-8-2009, 08:56 AM   #168
knife called lust
FFR Player

the only thing in my church basement is bingo... and afro everything your saying has already been said. i think you should read the thread.

Worried about being eliminated in Gun92's 4th epic partner tourney? Don't be I have the post that will have all the updates in it.
Scarred Potter?
knife called lust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 09:25 AM   #169
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife called lust View Post
the only thing in my church basement is bingo... and afro everything your saying has already been said. i think you should read the thread.
The "why religion is wrong" argument has been beaten to death hundreds of times over in this forum. Millions of times in the world.

Repeating concepts is bound to happen.

Suck my dick.
Old 11-8-2009, 10:50 AM   #170
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

adlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 10:58 AM   #171
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
That's part of brainwashing. Positive reinforcement. Come and hear the "Word of God", and you get to have fun coloring and doing crafts. You feel good doing this things, therefore this religion must be good!

Yea I know lol. I'm not a religious person. I don't really know what I am at this point. I don't shun the idea that there could possibly be something more out there that we can not explain or prove but I don't really believe in it. All I know is I'm sick of religious people trying to shove religion down my throat. If you want to believe by all means do so. But don't try to talk to me or convince me of it. I have my own mind and will make it up for myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 11:55 AM   #172
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 11:57 AM   #173
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

that is

quite possibly

the WORST vector i have ever seen
Old 11-8-2009, 12:02 PM   #174
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW Kid 9415 View Post
Some religions don't do that eg. Jehovah's Witness. We don't push kids into thinking like us. We force them to go to our churches yeah, but that's only because children HAVE to obey their parents. As a matter of fact, we're totally against forcing ANYBODY into it
Quote:
We force them to go to our churches
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 12:04 PM   #175
Andrew Mitchell
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
All I know is I'm sick of religious people trying to shove religion down my throat.
I've never had this problem in England, Maybe it's a cultural thing.
Andrew Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 12:13 PM   #176
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

Do you morons not realize that this is a troll thread
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 12:17 PM   #177
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

everything is a troll thread these days
Old 11-8-2009, 01:02 PM   #178
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Again, the Bible IS scientific, if you actually read it, you would know
http://www.carm.org/christianity/bib...curacies-bible
I have read the Bible, and this argument is a weak one at best. "Oh, look, these parts are scientific/true, right? Right?!" Just because there are references to things that could be examined under a scientific light through allegory does not mean the Bible as a whole is true. "Look! He said there were a ton of stars! He must have meant innumerable! Gasp, how did they know!?" Gj pointing out the obvious. Much of the Bible is demonstratively false -- how much of it are you going to say is scientific truth and how much of is is allegory? Theists merely continue to move the goalposts. The Bible may be useful to some as a piece of literature pertaining to morality, and that's about all it can do. You can't simply pick out small, obvious "scientific" things and then claim that ALL of the Bible is therefore "scientific." The Bible's worthless as a scientific piece.

Quote:
Some religions don't do that eg. Jehovah's Witness. We don't push kids into thinking like us. We force them to go to our churches yeah, but that's only because children HAVE to obey their parents. As a matter of fact, we're totally against forcing ANYBODY into it
The contradictions in this post make me want to puke on you.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 01:07 PM   #179
flashman41
OMG ceiling cat!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flashman41 Send a message via MSN to flashman41 Send a message via Yahoo to flashman41

Religion is still around because it is so easy for parents to make their children believe. From an evolutionary perspective, it's understandable for children to blindly listen to their elders. Half a million years ago it would often mean death if a child figured things out on its own, rather than simply following what their parents were doing.

I also subscribe to Daniel Dennett's theory that religion set the stage for science, because it was the first time we ever sought answers outside our immediate survival problems.
flashman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2009, 01:19 PM   #180
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I'm so glad I was raised in a house where religion was a non-topic. I wasn't raised to be a religion, I wasn't even raised to be atheist. The topic just was never discussed and I was free to pick my own way.

My older sister found her way into a Christian sect, presumably to get closer with the guy she was with, a man who is now her husband. She had never expressed any sort of religious inklings when we were younger.

My younger sister seems to be one of those Christians who claim they're Christian and say "yes, Jesus is the son of God", but don't really know anything about it.

I'm a skeptic. Once in a while I'll tip toward agnostic, but I'm usually tipping more toward atheist.

Really though, I don't see how any reasonable person can think they know the answer to a question that is by its own definition outside the realm of our understanding. Picking a denominational side in this thing is tantamount to claiming that you understand something that no human being could ever understand. Secular Humanists have a good stance though. All the good **** religion can give a person (i.e., hope, improvement of community, etc.) without threats or coercion or closedmindedness.

But yeah, this thread seems pretty lol. Is it worth my time to read the whole thing? Or are the stupid posts not funny enough to be worth my time?

ps Most religious people don't need a god to explain the unexplained, because they don't even understand all of that which IS explained.
I was the same way -- my parents were Christian, but they never really told me that I had to be that way. I remember being taught a prayer when I was very young by my mother, and that's about the extent of it. My parents believed in God and so for many years, I too blindly believed in a God. It seemed commonplace to reference him as if he existed without doubt. The difference is that, after a certain point, I had to stop and basically go "Wtttfff, why am I making this assumption?" I was basically an unquestioning Christian up until high school or so. The more I learned about science/determinism/quantum mechanics/evolution/astronomy/statistics/etc the more I was amazed that anyone could actually be okay with the concept of blind faith. Unfortunately, too many people simply assume that things that serve as a moderating influence or make us feel better about ourselves are somehow indicative of a greater truth.

"Most religious people don't need a god to explain the unexplained, because they don't even understand all of that which IS explained"

Yep. There are very few theists who really understand the science. On that note, though, there are plenty of atheists who don't, either. I think it's generally a bad idea to form an opinion before you are well-informed.

Last edited by MrRubix; 11-8-2009 at 01:23 PM..
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote