Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:08 PM   #41
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743
Default RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

Clarifying roaming:

1) Susie can choose to roam 1 night for the whole game.
2) Spaceman Spiff is hiding in one random room every night for the whole game.
3) If Susie chooses to roam:
a. If Susie enters a room with C/H and Spaceman Spiff is IN THE ROOM then Susie will be told that C/H are in the room, but she cannot kill them because Spaceman Spiff is there and so nothing will be written in the thread because nothing happened. It won't show up as a guard thing or a failed attempt.
b. If Susie enters a room with C/H and Spaceman Spiif is NOT IN THE ROOM, then Susie can kill C/H and it will show up in the thread as a nightly kill.
c. If Susie enters a room without C/H, then nothing happens.
d. Roaming replaces the kill for the night. EVEN IF SUSIE ROAMS AND DOESN'T GET A CHANCE TO KILL C/H, the wolves do not get a nightly kill.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #42
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Ohh. #d was where my interpretation differed from the actual... and in a good way it would appear. Excellent.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:18 PM   #43
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

haha that's awesome... I thought she had two roaming shots and that it counted in addition to the kill.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #44
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Okay I decided I didn't want to do any PowerPoint work so I'm going to look at this.

I'll need some time to read the GBin thread so don't expect anything for a few minutes.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:50 PM   #45
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Okay, my synopsis of the GBin thread is as follows:

It is not worth the attempt gleaning anything from the Afro/Tass interaction. That's like saying one of Arch0wl/Onittray is a wolf if they get in an argument.

The whole rest of the topic seemed like an endless list of if-then statements with a whole bunch of planning for the thens without trying to figure out substantially which of the ifs actually happened.

---

The jipkin account thing seems unfair in the humans' favor to TWC me. Something about providing a human with a proven human voice while making them near-impossible to kill doesn't seem right. If this game were real, there'd be no such thing as alternate accounts. Anonymous PMs at least make sense since someone could write a note and wait for someone else to find it.

But whatever, I'm not going to press it.

I'd personally like to know where Hans is. He posted once in the GBin thread and hasn't posted at all here. I would like to think someone who missed so many games in a row would want every opportunity to play. Also last game he was a hitman and I don't recall him posting until that dumbass flood of votes at the end, and he wasn't very talkative over AIM when I made my rounds.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:56 PM   #46
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

Interesting point about the jipkin account.. I should think on it... I spoke to Hans on AIM, but not much, have no clue why he isn't posting here. As I've said to a couple people, is it jsut me or are nForcer's posts kinda sketchy? Its not at all normally his MO to be like "oh noes I'm a green, oh well" and then to just make a vote based on inactivity. I was his mason partner in TPS's game and it just isn't sitting well with me right now. nforcer

Old 11-28-2005, 07:12 PM   #47
talisman
Resident Penguin

the jipkin account is a loophole that hasn't been exploited yet because alliance leaders have always had a guaranteed guardian. Now if I'm gone there's still a clear voice of the alliance that people can communicate with, via pm. Hopefully I won't be gone though.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:36 PM   #48
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Actually, not as though I'm defending his behavior really as he could easily be a wolf as well, but nforcer does have a history of dissappointment in being green. He is the type that likes games like this where blues are important and everyone else doesn't matter, because he hopes to be an important role like red or blue. He also has a history of helping as much as he can while green.

Honestly his post describes his behavior as green perfectly, and that's the only thing that could be argued to make him seem like a wolf; that it describes it too perfectly.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #49
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Quote:
the jipkin account is a loophole that hasn't been exploited yet because alliance leaders have always had a guaranteed guardian. Now if I'm gone there's still a clear voice of the alliance that people can communicate with, via pm. Hopefully I won't be gone though.
Personally... I like it alot, and am upset that I never thought of it. Props to Talisman. TWC can discuss its merits after this game. For now, there is no rule against it... why wouldn't it be allowed. Its not a HUGE edge... just allows for whichever green gets seer'd to have an anonymous voice to everyone, or if the blues don't get seer powers for the next two or three nights, it allows for nobody to know and to keep them anonymous.

*shrugs* I'm happy about it.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #50
talisman
Resident Penguin

hey if you've received a pm from me at any point this game, come talk to me. It seems my account may have been hacked, or else I've been writing pms that I completely forget about later. Personally I feel that whoever did it should have their ass kicked off ffr, but that's just me.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:58 PM   #51
talisman
Resident Penguin

The pm said something to this effect:

"You have been seered, welcome to the alliance. X is hobbes."

However, X is not hobbes, nor does X claim to be.

It uses a semicolon.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:23 PM   #52
nickadeemus
The spice must flow.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nickadeemus Send a message via MSN to nickadeemus Send a message via Skype™ to nickadeemus
Default Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

Edit after edit before submitting, but before it: FINALLY!
Edit before submitting: I started writing this like 6 hours ago, but got a movie in the mail that distracted me until I had to go to work, so I’m just now finishing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
-With the low chance of guarding, I'd say talisman was an obvious target. That explains why he got both wolfed and guarded.
Oh that explains it? I really don't see why talis is an obvious target for both wolves and guardian alike for a night one pick. To increase discussion, perhaps someone could explain why.

Now, blue strategy could get a little tricky. Obviously we want the best chances for making a guard and a seering, so I propose that each pick a place to go, then they switch to a different place to increase the percentage. [/joke. . .or is it?]

For some reason I am a bit suspicious of blah, because I had a strange feeling when reading his post. Though that could have just been because I was really hungry and didn’t have breakfast. I’ll look more into it when the forums are back up.

Sorry for not posting earlier, I’ll be around a lot on AIM if you want to hit me up with some TWG talk.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #53
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

the Monty Hall phenomenom doesn't work in this case because none of the doors are being revealed... therefore swtiching or not switching does not change the propabilities.

Talisman is an obvious target because he is an excellent player at TWG, has never been targeted before on night 1, and somehow manages to fly under the radar on early night kills... in fact, in the past few games I've solely NOT killed him night 1 because i was afraid he'd be guarded, for these very reasons.

Blue strat has been discussed in utmost detail through AIM... only the minor details of which have been revealed here in the thread (and there may be much more discussion that I'm not privy too... but I have had multiple convos with talisman about strats). The reasoning (I assume) as to why more blue strat hasn't been posted in the thread... is to attempt to keep it from the wolves.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:58 AM   #54
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

^ Not true. He was killed Night 1 in the aborted Alderoth/Sayban game, although that was due more to his tribe than intelligence level.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:12 AM   #55
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
Interesting point about the jipkin account.. I should think on it... I spoke to Hans on AIM, but not much, have no clue why he isn't posting here. As I've said to a couple people, is it jsut me or are nForcer's posts kinda sketchy? Its not at all normally his MO to be like "oh noes I'm a green, oh well" and then to just make a vote based on inactivity. I was his mason partner in TPS's game and it just isn't sitting well with me right now. nforcer
I partially agree. If nforcer was a wolf, it would probably make a lot of sense for him to act like he did all the other times as a green (haha I typed "girl" instead of green).

On the other hand,

I talked to him on aim a few times and I didn't really get too much of a wolf vibe from him. Maybe later on we'll see something.

Oh and I don't really have any suspects so you guys can stop IMing me on AIM and asking for my top three suspicions (although me saying this will make you all want to IM me to do so, hah). I'm usually always up for TWG talk, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 AM   #56
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XXIV: Calvin and Hobbes

Ok, got my report card, so computer access will be very limited. I read up on the thread, and chatted a bit on aim. Not so sure about any suspicions at the moment, I have school, then Track, and I will see if I can get on. PM me with any question.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:31 AM   #57
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

What makes me curious is how we've gone from a few games ago with tons of activity and lots to talk about... to like 6 people being like, "Yea... I'm here... not seeing anything... yea... my finger is in my butt."

It seems to be more apathy than anything else, and is now compounded this game by the night 1 save. I mean... why shouldn't it? No human team has EVER lost when someone has been saved (even when a wolf was saved...). Regardless, there is plenty to discuss.

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that SOMEONE HACKED TALISMAN'S ACCOUNT and sent a PM. At least.... this is what he claims. There is so much information that we can try to garner from this... why was X picked to be "Hobbes", why was Y picked for the PM to be sent to... why do it at all? What gain is there from doing it that outweighs the potential to be banned from not only TWG but FFR.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:58 AM   #58
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Tass, I was talking with Talisman right as he made his second post about it. We discussed things quite profusely.

I'll post the log if anyone is interested.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:32 AM   #59
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Go ahead and post the log. It'll give us a little more insight on everything before the day is over.

And if anyone really cares, I don't really know how Afro got it so well (since I never discussed it with him), but he's right about how I am as a green. I don't like being green, but I try to help anyway. Recall, however, that in recent postgame and discussion threads that I've been in agreement with Guido that we needed more unique games before we went back to a green-dominated game.

Since the alliance was created Night 1, it makes my role seem pretty much worthless. I'll probably end up being Talisman's pawn, but I'll try to relinquish my past two normal green game behavior (before the mason game), and revert back to my earlier games as the helpful (but not necessarily as inexperienced) pawn.

That being said, my vote is staying with Hans for now, until he makes a post. Hans usually doesn't post much, but his absence makes me suspicious. I'd expect him to react, especially if he is able to check the thread.

Kilga, please let us know what's going on before we start to wonder. I'm not suspicious, but it just seems odd that it took the mentioning of your name to draw you out to make an excuse. It really doesn't help us when we have to figure out where everyone is. That goes for everyone else, too. I appreciate that TPS is giving us a heads-up about his activity and trying to stay on top of things. We really have to watch activity. It's been a problem lately.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 11-29-2005, 08:48 AM   #60
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Ok, I'll post the getting hacked thing with Talisman when I get home and I have access to my logs.