Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #21
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman
Default RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

I mean two wolves going at each other hard in the thread is a brilliant strategy if you're sure that you can guarantee the survival of the third wolf.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #22
User6773

I support crediting the wolves with the win because:

1) The wolves were going to win anyway, let's face it
2) The wolves were going to win on account of three humans who voluntarily withdrew from the game (1 of them blue.) That's an extra 2 days the wolves have to win the game.

I agree that Whorli should have been more clear about her no swearing rule. However, I do not agree that she was out of line. It should be host's discretion to boot a player for whatever reason. I didn't know about the TWG rule against this and I think that rule should go.

P.S.:
HOW ALL Y'ALL MANAGED TO SCREW UP A PERFECTLY CROMULENT PLAN
BY CHARDISH

Step 1. I send out a planned PM to everyone. The purpose of this PM is that once I'm dead, a message will be revealed. This is obvious.

Step 2. I put into the PM not to share the code with anyone. I thought it was pretty obvious that you shouldn't share the rest of the PM, either. That's why it's called, y'know, private messaging. If I wanted to simultaneously educate everyone on what my plan was about, I would have made a post in the thread explaining everything and then PM'd you just the codes. Did this cross your minds?

Another question for you geniuses: If the point of the message is that it should only be heard upon someone's death, isn't it absolutely fatal to the person who wrote it to decode it before their death?

Step 3. You guys decide that whoever sent the PMs is either a wolf, or a blue. No shit, Sherlock.

Step 4. You decide it's a smart idea to share all the information with each other you're not supposed to share. You justify this by saying you're not going to share the codes with each other, but then some of you decide to do so anyway. I swear I don't understand you people.

Step 5. Breaking instructions by putting all your information together, you determine that Chardish sent the PMs.

Step 6. You decide that it's a smart idea to tell everyone this, even though it means that if Chardish is a blue this means he's almost certainly doomed. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't keep me alive then try to make me appear wolfish. I thought that's exactly what Jurs was doing, which is why I said I suspected her so much. Before I died.

This is TWG quantum mechanics. You changed the outcome by observing it. So basically you do a phenomenal job of dooming me by revealing to everyone that I'm a blue.

Since it was bloody obvious to anyone who studied the PM for more than 8 seconds that the message was only supposed to get out upon someone's death, by piecing together all your information and getting out the message BEFORE that death virtually guarantees the inaccuracy of the information contained therein.

Your immense stupidity in handling this matter FORCES me to go into panic mode by coming out to the only people I trust are human at that point. Fish and Talis. Then I decided to come out to Tass, too, because I figured if anyone could help me out of this mess, he could - and he made the very correct observation that you guys were complete douches for sharing everything in the PM with each other.

ASIDE: After a bunch of you said "Only Talis, Blah, Tass, Alain would be smart enough to do something like this" I got really ashamed to be playing TWG with you guys. I would hope that ALL of you would be smart enough to try something like that, even if it failed utterly.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #23
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default Re: RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
y helo thar guaranteed alderoth win that didn't count

I see no reason to give either side a win simply because of the precedent set by the tribal game.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:20 PM   #24
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Chardish... the problem is, some of us don't agree with mystery PMs. I would never ever ever send one out. And I'm not even saying this just to do it later on... I hate them and want to outlaw them. Blah does too.

Alot of players would never have thought of your idea. Its like my idea last game, only more complex. Mine being sending 1 letter to 3 different people in case I die. Much more straightforward, but riskier. Because of the codes, it became clear people like Torlock would never do it. Others are too lazy... Kilga or Flypie.

Limits the amount of people. And I told Whorli to kill you the night before all of this happened... less than an hour after you sent it. Why? Because it was obvious to me just from Hans' PM that he so kindly shared with me... that you wrote it.

PS - Thanks to Hans for coming out to me. I love it when blues do that... not even just when I'm a wolf. I just love it in general.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:20 PM   #25
talisman
Resident Penguin

you COULD have masked your style a little better. the thing absolutely reeked of something you would try, which is part of the reason it was so obvious. The other part being the sharing, of course.

but then again, if it was obvious to alain right off the bat, then it probably wouldn't have mattered if no one had shared, would it have?
Old 10-25-2005, 03:21 PM   #26
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Quote:
I would hope that ALL of you would be smart enough to try something like that, even if it TPS's.
Fix'd.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:21 PM   #27
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

TasselFoot: in the FFR Rules.
TasselFoot: not just the TWG rules
TasselFoot: the ENTIRE forum rules....
TasselFoot: its against the rules to break the swear filter
TasselFoot: so i don't understand why this is SUCH a big deal
Old 10-25-2005, 03:22 PM   #28
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
"Only Talis, Blah, Tass, Alain would be smart enough to do something like this"
Haha, wait until Amanda gets here...

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:23 PM   #29
User6773

Default Re: RE: TWG XXII Postgame but not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
Quote:
y helo thar guaranteed alderoth win that didn't count

I see no reason to give either side a win simply because of the precedent set by the tribal game.
The reason I ended the alderoth game was because of a fundamental flaw in the way people played the game.

My justification for ending it works like this: At the beginning of the game, if someone said "What's everyone's role?" and all the wolves said wolf and all the humans said human, wouldn't that be reason enough to declare the game null and void? To say "you guys missed the point of the game?"

This game was ended by people breaking the rules and whining.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:24 PM   #30
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Guido: Hans was the one who said that to me, and I said it to Chardish as an explanation after I killed him.... so, blame Hans. But, I did agree with him.

Was also nice that 2/4 were wolves... and I just didn't see talisman doing that in his position in this game.

And now I must go. I'll be back.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:24 PM   #31
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Whorli told me she was going to declare Q, Chardish, and me winners since we were so wronged by teh wolfs.

Also, I feel very very sorry for any player who has been killed night one and had to watch his fellow players go on for several pages about how you are not a power player and therefore not worthy of being the Night One kill, and I apologize to anyone about whom I may have said those things. I was NOT killed because I revealed my role (I didn't), and I was NOT killed to confuse you people (well, I guess I could have been a confusion kill, however--) I was killed because Tass knows I'll kick his ass if we're on opposite teams. End of story. The wolves got the extra bonus of killing the seer, too. AND my night one seering was Chardish. How quickly would that game have been won, eh?

And now this:

I'm done with you babies. It seems like after every game someone has been offended and thrown a hissy fit. Afro did it last game, Eb boycotted games that Tass played (and eventually led to Tass being banned), people cried when I pulled a wolf victory after learning all the roles from my trusting mason, and now a few of you go and pull some shit like this. That was incredibly low and INCREDIBLY unfair to Whorli.

Whorli shouldn't have had to explain her distaste for people breaking the swear filter, as breaking the swear filter is AGAINST FORUM RULES. She warned AP publicly, and I understand Alain was warned privately, and I don't care if Kilga was warned because he is a MODERATOR and should not only enforce the rules but FOLLOW them.

You guys, I never ever play this game. I stopped after all the complaints about boyfriend/girlfriend hijinks, and that was fine with me because I have a lot to do with school and work and whatnot, but my good friend Whorli decided to host and there was no way I was going to miss out on that, and even though I didn't get a chance to play, I still enjoyed watching the mayhem (except for the aforementioned Panda-bashing), and then y'all go and ruin it. Way to punish Whorli for enforcing a rule to which no one seems to pay attention.

Frankly, I just don't have time to put up with your bull. I suppose this isn't really a huge loss, since I rarely play anyway, but I certainly hope a few of you pay attention to what I have said and sprout a little emotional maturity.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #32
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Not my fault all but three people in that game were morons.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:27 PM   #33
talisman
Resident Penguin

btw kilga I read the bms game and lol'd. jtwg is better than that... you're the only one there who knows what he's doing.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:28 PM   #34
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Why do you think I preferred that one to this one? ;D
Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 PM   #35
User6773

Maybe we really do all need a break. Who knows.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:31 PM   #36
talisman
Resident Penguin

dunno if we need a break... for the part of the game that was played it was well played and for the most part actively played. I'm still looking forward to a game with post minimums though.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #37
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

I admire Panda for not coming out and just yelling at all of you, which is what I wanted to do. And which I won't do, because you're really not worth the effort.

It takes MORE TIME and MORE EFFORT to go back and BREAK the swear filter than it does to leave it alone. If you can't type without cussing, that's fine, but the swear filter is there to catch that. Honestly, does it make you feel really big and powerful to curse and swear (especially when it's every other word, Ap?) and make someone feel bad about asking you to stop?

I was made to feel like an evil dictator for making this one request. I really don't believe I deserved that.

Have fun with your games, guys. I'm joining Panda in the real world.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 10-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #38
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Let's go to Vegas, bby.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #39
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Now, first of all, I must say this. Hans also pegged me as green. Honestly, I don't see why more people didn't see that I couldn't possibly be blue (hello, why would I go after Tass so hard, then not seer him the next day?) yet also know that at the same time I couldn't be red.

Second, even with me in an alliance with him, there is still a good chance I could get Tass lynched (TWGXIX, anyone?). The only wildcard would have been LD. Definitely possible that he could have been lynched. Because of this, I think the game could have easily gone either way. Honestly, I don't think any side should count a win. We should just do a new TWGXXII.

Third, I'm mad that this ended. I wanted to see how my fake seer played out. Especially when it came to the point where I couldn't keep up the lie anymore.

PS +1 to ego for pegging Tass day 1. I knew it.
+1 to ego for faking blue, yet being green enough that no one cared.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #40
talisman
Resident Penguin

no on to XXIII, whorli should make the host signup thread or whatever. No need to do another XXII it doesn't matter that much.

(ps afro hans pegged you as green because tass did and he agreed with it... we were all discussing this in our chat).
Closed Thread