Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #41
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalypse:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QreepyBORIS
Checking the IP of the user(s) who blind PMed you is illegal, right?
Mods can't see the IP's of who sends the PM's, so if you're thinking thats what one of the mods would do, they can't

With that being said, I got a PM from the seer saying DanceGuy is a wolf, so uhh, yea.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:37 PM   #42
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG XIX: Atomic Apocalyp

Post the PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:38 PM   #43
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

To: lightdarkness
Posted: Aug 18, 2005 - 01:26 PM
Subject: TWG Quote message
I feel that it is a good idea to come out as the seer now, mainly because I seer'd a wolf, Danceguy. I'm sorry that I can't reveal my real name, for fear of another wolf getting this, as I am sending it to every player. I really hope you trust me on this. Thank you for your understanding in the matter, and any questions you have, PM me.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #44
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Yea, I got it too, no, it wasn't my doing this time. Though, if it isn't legit, even though I think it may be, it was done perfectly by the wolves. Notice how they use LD's seer'd in it, I doubt LD would make the same slip-up again. Also, it would frame LD and I, past PM users.

I'm not saying it isn't legit, I am just looking at all sides of this. I want to see if everyone got this first, as the PM says, and Danceguy's reaction.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #45
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Yea I got one too. I just didn't see it at the time I posted.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #46
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Hahah, you've got to be kidding me. Can anyone think of a single reason why I should be seered? I haven't talked to anyone about TWG at all.

ps, Vash, it's already been pointed out a few times that random votes are just stupid.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:57 PM   #47
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Not commenting on what's in the PM, I'd just like to say again: I think this whole anonymous PMing business is retarded, and I think it should be made illegal by the official rules. Seriously. The only reason I'm allowing it now is because TWC hasn't said anything about it.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #48
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

If it really is the seer, I think it's gotta be vash or someone who doesn't use grammar that well. They use a lot of commas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #49
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Or it could be someone with good grammar shrewdly hiding who they are. I know that I'd do that. :P

It sounds a lot like someone kind of young wrote it. Then again, people who are older can write that way with ease just to sound younger. Again, it doesn't really mean anything.

Doesn't give a whole lot of indication. It's not necessarily real, either, so I think I'll hold off on voting...

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #50
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Dance is fairly new at this game, so I don't think anyone has any problems with him. He was a driving force for the humans last game though, so he could have been a seering candidate. Though, with all the other power players out there, the seer would have to be fairly new. Then again, it could have been fake.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:12 PM   #51
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Hay guys, anyone that wants to talk TWG with me, please do so on This is Afrobean. This is Afrobean is logged in on gaim so I can log stuff and Afrobean16 is logged in on AIM so I can DC correctly and stuff like that.

Also I feel I must say that I'm nearly positive that the PM was fake. The wolves probably remembered how well flypie got lynched last game and decided to try it fake style. The way I see it, there's only one way dAnce would have even been seer'd: the same situation that got flypie: The seer talks a lot to someone who happens to be a wolf, the seer gets suspicious and seers them on a hunch.

dAnceguy isn't known to talk a lot with anyone that I know of.

PS I just realized something. I might have helped start this. I reccomended that the seer blind PM people. I'm sorry for that now.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #52
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I think it would be a good idea for that person who wrote the PM to IM me on AIM(Fake screenname is fine) so that I can have a conversation with them. Before I vote danceguy, I need to be able to trust this person about it, and would feel more comfortable if they IM'd me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:27 PM   #53
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I don't know if this helps, but after looking into it, Omega, Qreepy, Tps, Tass, dAnceguy (LOL), LD all use choppy comma breakups like in the PM in at least one of their posts in this thread. Funny thing, eb also uses that style.

Now, the thing is that I don't think anyone would go out of their way to fake a choppy comma style just to implicate one of them as a seer/fake seer.

It seems that Tps is most guilty of this type of comma useage. Pair this with the fact he hasn't drawn suspicion to himself yet, I'd say he's likely a wolf and he fake seer'd this whole PM business.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:29 PM   #54
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I got a question. Would it be cheating if I used gaim to discover the IP of the blind seer then compared it to IPs that I could aquire using gaim from all other players?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #55
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Yes, because you're using out-of-game information.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:36 PM   #56
Tps222
FFR Player

Afro, I have to draw suspicion to myself every game to be human?

I agree, I type with a lot of commas, I already stated how it looks like a frame attempt. I honestly don't know what to believe at this point, legit or fake, and it's bugging me. It's like Pyschopath. 2 paths to choose from, they both look equally promising, but one leads to a dead-end, and another to victory. Under the circumstances thus far, I believe it's fake now. Afro asking for the seer to do it is just too much of a welcoming for the wolves. With addition of the seer'd thing, and the possible frame qualities it has, makes it hard to believe.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:49 PM   #57
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps
Afro, I have to draw suspicion to myself every game to be human?
Yes. You've said so yourself many times in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps
the possible frame qualities it has, makes it hard to believe.
I never said I believed it. I believe that a wolf is behind it. And just saying "I been FRAMED!!" isn't going to make everyone believe that you were. Sure it's possible, but so is the idea that you weren't.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:08 PM   #58
roopert
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to roopert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Reguarding Tps's accusations last game: The way I see it, there are three types of wolf accusations.

#1: Absolutely no evidence. Often correct.
#2: Minimal evidence. Most often wrong.
#3: Strong evidence. Things like seer saying they seer'd them. Always correct unless it's a fake seer or something.

It's sad that it's always a bad idea to lynch someone on absolutely no evidence, though, as those are usually correct.
Maybe I'm missing something, but since when is blindly guessing often correct? Maybe if you are the world's luckiest guesser.. Can someone explain that logic to me? It strikes me as very odd.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:19 PM   #59
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

SinSinSalibin

Hey, if people can make alternate usernames and use them in the game, can't I vote for them?

Ok, now 4srs. ld posted my name as DanceGuy (first I've seen), so I doubt he's involved unless he's trying to separate himself. The mystery PM person wrote my name as Danceguy, which is most common, and actually what I prefer. talisman writes it without caps. Tass and Afro type it as dAnce or dAnceguy. I think Jurs' fluctuates, so anything could come from her. The only person that's posted my name as Danceguy so far is Tps.

Combined with the fact that I basically got him killed last game, I'm starting to think that either Tps is behind this or someone is attempting to frame him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopert
Maybe I'm missing something, but since when is blindly guessing often correct? Maybe if you are the world's luckiest guesser.. Can someone explain that logic to me? It strikes me as very odd.
I guess he means he's talking about Tps' accusations as a human? I dunno. Afro, feel free to clear that up.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #60
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Reguarding Tps's accusations last game: The way I see it, there are three types of wolf accusations.

#1: Absolutely no evidence. Often correct.
#2: Minimal evidence. Most often wrong.
#3: Strong evidence. Things like seer saying they seer'd them. Always correct unless it's a fake seer or something.

It's sad that it's always a bad idea to lynch someone on absolutely no evidence, though, as those are usually correct.
I was commenting partly on Tps's accusations and partly on my feelings during past games.