Old 11-8-2010, 04:08 PM   #81
sameoldbloodrush!
FFR Player

Default Re: Should drugs be illegal?

Doing drugs may only directly have a negative on the person doing them, but they can be just as damaging to families and other relationships etc, etc. So saying that you aren't hurting anybody but yourself is untrue. But life's all about choices, so that's just on yourself and what you decide to do. Also, though it would definitely be good for the economy to legalize drugs and tax the **** out of them, I don't think it's going to happen in your lifetime or mine.

I do think there are much worse crimes to commit though. We should probably worry about solving those before we go off worrying about whether they're going to "legalize marijuanaaaA!11!" or not.

inb4 ur stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
That's what she said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles2224 View Post
They sentenced him 300 years cause this is sparta.
sameoldbloodrush! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 04:13 PM   #82
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameoldbloodrush! View Post
Doing drugs may only directly have a negative on the person doing them, but they can be just as damaging to families and other relationships etc, etc. So saying that you aren't hurting anybody but yourself is untrue.
Then why isn't alcohol illegal?
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 04:15 PM   #83
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Emo_Saur_

Or nutmeg, or air duster, or freon.
Old 11-8-2010, 04:21 PM   #84
sameoldbloodrush!
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm View Post
I don't know. People do some awful things under the influence of alcohol, just like drugs. Not saying that alcohol should or shouldn't be legal, they're both damaging to the user and their relationships. Not to mention you can get all kinds of cancer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
That's what she said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles2224 View Post
They sentenced him 300 years cause this is sparta.
sameoldbloodrush! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 04:23 PM   #85
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm View Post

Haven't read through this thread but wanted to comment on this. I've wondered the same thing for a while now. Alcohol can be just as bad as any other drug in the wrong hands. Realistically they should just make it illegal like any other drug. But they're probably making too much money off taxing it.

I personally don't see the big hype with things like drugs and alcohol. They all have negative effects on the body so why do them? So you can feel high for a little while then come down only to feel like ****? Go do something that will make you feel good without crap like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 04:30 PM   #86
Jaw-Long
FFR Player

A little wine can't go wrong, after all it does help the body. I think alcohol shouldn't be illegal because in good amounts it can actually be good for you. Drink limits on the other hand is something completely different, something that apparantly hasn't been anforced yet.
Elitist
Self-important
Trolls

The more butthurt you get about us, the more we profit from your misery.
Jaw-Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 04:31 PM   #87
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I hear more news stories about alcohol-related incidences than I do about drug-related ones.

Not that the news is always reliable, of course.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 04:34 PM   #88
Jaw-Long
FFR Player

It's so common that the media doesn't even wanna touch the subject, it's boring in other words.
Elitist
Self-important
Trolls

The more butthurt you get about us, the more we profit from your misery.
Jaw-Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 04:38 PM   #89
scientific
FFR Player

everyone is so terrified of "designer drugs"; seems like mdma and acid people are most hesitant about. thousands of people reported positive results after being prescribed mdma by their psychiatrists, just throwing that out there
Old 11-8-2010, 05:34 PM   #90
RB_IcePh0enix
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameoldbloodrush! View Post
Also, though it would definitely be good for the economy to legalize drugs and tax the **** out of them, I don't think it's going to happen in your lifetime or mine.

I do think there are much worse crimes to commit though. We should probably worry about solving those before we go off worrying about whether they're going to "legalize marijuanaaaA!11!" or not.
I have trouble understanding this mindset. It's not like the government is just really busy with other stuff and doesn't have time to deal with drug reform. Governments are capable of dealing with multiple problems at a time, and considering the fact that the US and many other countries are experiencing a recession, now is the time to legalize marijuana and take radical action in general.

Anyways, drugs and alcohol can effect individuals negatively, but so can an unhealthy diet, lack of sleep, or bad posture. Should these things be made illegal? Drugs and alcohol can effect relationships negatively, but so can arguing or forgetting to clean your room or saying mean things. Should these things be made illegal?

(the second paragraph wasn't exactly directed at you, just in general)
RB_IcePh0enix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 05:51 PM   #91
fido123
FFR Player

I'm a big believer in the government staying out of people's personal business, and drugs of any kind in my opinion, are people's personal business. I can agree with public intoxication charges but if somebody wants to smoke a joint in his/her home, or even shoot up, it's their personal choice, and their personal business. Of course doing heroine is stupid, but people should have the freedom to do stupid things that only directly effect themselves. Also as a bonus it would cripple organized crime.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 05:53 PM   #92
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Haven't read through this thread but wanted to comment on this. I've wondered the same thing for a while now. Alcohol can be just as bad as any other drug in the wrong hands. Realistically they should just make it illegal like any other drug. But they're probably making too much money off taxing it.

I personally don't see the big hype with things like drugs and alcohol. They all have negative effects on the body so why do them? So you can feel high for a little while then come down only to feel like ****? Go do something that will make you feel good without crap like that.
Well, there was that little thing called Prohibition... I'd rather we not return to that.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 05:54 PM   #93
Rubin0
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patashu View Post
I can understand jobs, but why sports? If they're not under the influence at the time they're playing, what's the big deal?
I meant they should be tested for competition...in the same way they would be tested for steroid use. If someone is on cocaine it could actualyl help their performance.
Old 11-8-2010, 05:57 PM   #94
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
I'm a big believer in the government staying out of people's personal business, and drugs of any kind in my opinion, are people's personal business. I can agree with public intoxication charges but if somebody wants to smoke a joint in his/her home, or even shoot up, it's their personal choice, and their personal business. Of course doing heroine is stupid, but people should have the freedom to do stupid things that only directly effect themselves. Also as a bonus it would cripple organized crime.
The problem is that drug use, empirically, doesn't only harm the user. The effects may harm anyone else that person may interact with.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 05:58 PM   #95
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

ITT: uneducated discussion about drugs.

PS http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6899534.ece

Do some research k bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 05:59 PM   #96
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Well, there was that little thing called Prohibition... I'd rather we not return to that.

haha the funny thing is as I was writing that I thought about prohibition. But the point is the fact that people can't seem to be responsible with how much they consume. There are so many people that get killed/end up killing other people or just end up screwing up their families with alcoholism. So really what would be better? Alcohol hoping that people will finally be responsible? It being illegal so it's harder for people to get an abuse? Or maybe some other solution like an alcohol card for those who want to buy that keeps track of how much is being purchased and limit it?

I don't have all the answers I know I don't. Hell no one does or things wouldn't be as ****ty as they are now. But with the way it's going right now it being legal seems to do more harm than good. Just like if they were to fully legalize marijuana they would need some kind of regulation system or people would just abuse the hell out of that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 06:00 PM   #97
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
The problem is that drug use, empirically, doesn't only harm the user. The effects may harm anyone else that person may interact with.
I understand that, but I don't think it should be the law to make sure people don't make choice that hurt themselves so other people won't feel sad or become worried about them.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 06:02 PM   #98
RobertsonaIsBack
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstrike687 View Post
ITT: uneducated discussion about drugs.

PS http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6899534.ece

Do some research k bye
ok a ranking of harmful drugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
BUMP with our first ever Dubstep permission!!
RobertsonaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-8-2010, 06:05 PM   #99
Rubin0
FFR Player

People are going to take drugs regardless if they are legal or not. I think that's people need to realize. It has never stopped the marijuana smokers from smoking up any more than it has stopped the heroine junkies from shooting up. At least the government could regulate it if it were decriminalized.
Old 11-8-2010, 06:07 PM   #100
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsonaIsBack View Post
ok a ranking of harmful drugs
okay? most people dont even have that as a baseline for this discussion. my comment about doing some research would insinuate that people should do some research well above what i posted if anyone wants to come even relatively close to having a decent discussion about drugs and the legality or future legality of some things. I guarantee you most people dont know anything about any new-age medical research being done with a few different drugs right now, so whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote