Old 02-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #121
Kefit
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kefit
Default Re: 舞-乙HiME (Mai-Otome)

I lose more interest in this show every week >_>

All of the main character development seems horribly cheesy and contrived to me. And Nina and Tomoe need to die. Quickly.

That being said, I find myself enjoying the plot of this show quite a bit. And most of the side characters, when they actually get screentime, are awesome. I'm looking forward to the Mikoto screentime next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinno
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:40 AM   #122
YungYung
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to YungYung Send a message via MSN to YungYung

If you're cool like me, you would've noticed the gold baby thing where Nina was found by Sergey in the flashback.

Then harmonium goes ape**** when Nina steps on it.

SO DEN LYEK **spoiler (not really)**

ARIKA = QUEEN
NINA = RENA'S DAUGHTER? X.X
Old 02-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #123
Kefit
FFR Player

At this point I think the following is most likely:

Nina is almost certainly the baby sent down the river by Rena, an idea supported both by the baby's hair color and the presence of the golden egg thing in the flashback. The old woman said that this baby was the queen, but I am inclined to believe that this isn't the case, and that Nina is instead Rena's daughter.

I think Mashiro is the queen, simply because they have been implying that she is not the entire series.

Arika is probably something else entirely. She glows in Miyu-vision, and her she showed the ability to demonstrate Otome powers before even recieving the nano-machine injection (see episode one). However, these could be consequences of being the daughter of a meister otome. Before this episode I had assumed that most Otome serve their master for a time, and then settle down, get married, have kids, and so on. But since such a large emphasis was placed upon the new shinso having to have been an otome who bore a child, this might not be the case. In other words, I think that Arika could be Rena's child, although she wasn't the child sent down the river by Rena.

Honestly though, I've always felt this subplot was kind of meaningless. Where these girls come from is vastly less important than their actions throughout the course of the series, and this question should not be recieving the emphasis it has been.

Quote:
and also thank you everone for clearing it up for me I will try to start using my two hands iv tried quit a bit i put my left hand index and middle finger middle finger is on the up arrow index on on left arrow and right hand i use my index for the down button and middle for the right button does that seem weird?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #124
MilfeulleSakuraba
Ryoko Shintani is #1!

My current theory is that Aoi is the river baby, the real queen, and an astronomically powerful Otome (which enabled her to save herself after going cliffdiving) all at once. She comes back in Episode 23 or 24 or so to wreak vengeance on everyone and, in the climactic scene back in the Windbloom castle, gets ready to kill Mashiro right in front of a brutally-beat-down Arika only to stop short and laugh about how it was all a joke and say that Mashiro can have the throne back if she wants it. Mashiro accepts, and Aoi becomes her #1 Otome with Chie (who is randomly also astronomically powerful, potentially due to Smith's crystals) and Arika (who gets booted to third on the food chain) in tow. Windbloom isn't going to have to worry about any other countries doing to it what Artai did to it for a LONG time. Hell, they could probably conquer the entire planet, what with having a giantass laser cannon and three of the most powerful Otomes the world has ever seen, but the main crew are all good people at heart so they decide not to.

Mikotocat remains as Mikotocat and shows no trace of relation to the human Mikoto - if one even exists. Nina, Nagi and Smith are all dead because they looked at Aoi the wrong way during vengence mode. Smith's corpse serves as a doormat into the castle. Nina's corpse serves as a doormat into the throne room. Nagi recieves a proper burial because, even though he took over the country, he was still really cool, not to mention hilarious.

Sergei is God knows where, which is a shame because he was a pretty cool guy. Erstin stays dead. Aoi is hotter anyway. If you need boobs, go read the manga. Tomoe is dead from Shizuru-given STDs. Shizuru is God knows where in the same vein as Sergei, except it's not a shame because no one cares about her. Natsuki is stuck in Ealis for all eternity for Haruka and Yukino to laugh at. Shiho fills in the Headmaster void at Guarderobe, with Nao playing Shizuru to Shiho's Natsuki minus all the lesbian overtones. As a result, the next few generations of Otomes are noticably more sadistic than their predecessors.

Midori and her people stop enjoying their AIDS, are cured and go on their merry way. Thanks to divine intervention (and a little help from Miyu for no good reason), Rado goes back to being Reito. Miyu is never seen again.

Everyone else remotely important (Yukariko, Maria, Takumi, Akira, Irina and the like) go on about their business as normal. Mai appears after the Episode 26 ED is over to complain about not showing up at all despite being in both OP videos.

And everyone lived happily ever after. Especially me.

Last edited by MilfeulleSakuraba; 02-27-2006 at 03:33 PM..
MilfeulleSakuraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #125
YungYung
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit
I think Mashiro is the queen, simply because they have been implying that she is not the entire series.
I'm not sure about that... I'm kind of liking the whole "Mashiro snaps into reality" thing that they've got going on. I'd prefer Arika being the actual queen, but I've got a hunch that Mashiro isn't some random baby that got chosen to be queen either.

I just want to see how Natsuki, Shizuru, Nao and the other two pillars get their powers back. Shizuru HAS to have some sort of relation (aside from being lesbians) to Tomoe at this point (EDIT:CONTRACT, not contact rofl I don't know how that would work). Chie might be related to Natsuki, but I guess you could argue she's looking for Aoi, who is really some badass otome who isn't dead yet, since all we saw of her was FALLING and not DYING.

I want more Tomoe dammit. Something fascinates me about her character, no idea what.

Last edited by YungYung; 02-27-2006 at 06:44 PM..
YungYung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:37 PM   #126
Kefit
FFR Player

I full heartedly support Kilga's vision for the future of this series.

Just stick in a secret sentai team composed of Shiho, Irina, Haruka and Yayoi to save the day when it needs saving and everything will be perfect.

Quote:
Old 02-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #127
YungYung
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilfeulleSakuraba
Mai appears after the Episode 26 ED is over to complain about not showing up at all despite being in both OP videos.

And everyone lived happily ever after. Especially me.
I'd be so pissed rofl.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #128
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

PS - I fixed the thread title.

If you see any issues like this again, let me know. It's an error brought forth by changes from PostNuke to VBulletin.

I'll make a thread for it.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:21 PM   #129
YungYung
FFR Player

Somebody pause at 4:45 and tell me if I misread the words Artificial Otome. X.X

rofl I post way too much in this thread
Old 02-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #130
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

"Now, Archduke Nagi governs Garderobe -----ally.

And he recruits applicants of articifial 乙HiME."

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:31 PM   #131
Kefit
FFR Player

You aren't misreading anything.

That letter contains the phrases "artificial otome," "z-hime," and "valkyrie." The HiME in Mai HiME were sometimes referred to as valkyries, and it is worth noting that Midori, an artificial otome, in a sense, can summon a child just like a HiME can. I imagine that this isn't all coincidental.

Quote:
Old 03-4-2006, 11:29 AM   #132
YungYung
FFR Player

Episode 21 tonight OSHI

EDIT:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

PREVIEWS PREVIEWS

MAI MAI

Last edited by YungYung; 03-5-2006 at 12:52 PM..
Old 03-5-2006, 02:05 PM   #133
Kefit
FFR Player

Yet another boring episode.

Yet more hideous contrived cheese to try and make Mashiro look good.

That being said, I really enjoy all parts of this show that do not include Arika, Mashiro, or Nina. Too bad they are the main characters >_>

ps

Quote:
Old 03-5-2006, 02:27 PM   #134
YungYung
FFR Player

Is that a soup spoon?
Old 03-5-2006, 03:27 PM   #135
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

It is a ladle and a frying pan, yes.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2006, 09:59 PM   #136
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

oh my god oh my god oh my god

22 is mind-bogglingly awesome. Best episode of the series, far and away.

Haters no longer have an excuse.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-9-2006, 10:53 PM   #137
YungYung
FFR Player

**** you Kilga. Paha
Old 03-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #138
YungYung
FFR Player

Dammit where is my episode 22 sub =(
Old 03-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #139
Omegix
free tsutter
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Omegix Send a message via MSN to Omegix

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungYung
Dammit where is my episode 22 sub =(
2 hours.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #140
YungYung
FFR Player

After watching 22, all I have to say is,

HOLY. ****.

O PS LOLO

I over-analyze this show T.T

Last edited by YungYung; 03-12-2006 at 11:32 AM..