Old 05-2-2020, 10:48 PM   #2881
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

@Bolth

What did you have in mind when you followed the first DBP voting chain ?
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:48 PM   #2882
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Bolth mannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 2,223
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

DaBackPack: I was leaning DBP scum at the start of the game as his playstyle wasnít really what I was used to from him, he wasnít really trying to push anything and seemed to lack direction. His play since FFA faked a redcheck has been more in line with what Iím used to, and I have no reason or knowledge enough of the setup to disbelieve any claims that have been made. His soft is way too big brain for me, but it is also very very detailed and goes back all the way to d0, so if he is faking, he has definitely put the effort and the planning in, which I guess I canít rule out, DBP is a very capable player.

Hakulyte: Haku was extremely towny early game. This is weird for me as Iíve always struggled to read Haku in past games. I didnít really question it until this phase though with the block. He IS doing his normal strange scumworld lists which are only said, I imagine, to gauge reactions, so Iím still town reading him for the most part, but this is my best choice for under the radar wolf.

JessieBessie: Pretty much always a wolf. Their appearances have always been brief and full of fluff but I noticed her entrance yesterday had a lot of focus on trying to make a MML/DBP scum team a probability, which besides me simply not believing it, would make us doubt their roleblock claims in the following phases, which could potentially be Jessie trying to protect her team mates. Possibly a stretch but thereís been nothing towny from this slot and if she isnít a wolf, I have no idea what this game is.

Ullea/Wolfe: I have struggled to read this slot all game. Ullea was a straight null for me, their points made a lot of sense but also Leeticís catch on Ulleaís post also made a lot of sense. Wolfe has come in strong and been saying a lot of things that make sense, and seems to have put effort in solving. I was quite skeptical of how quick he was to sheep Dusks read on me, and this phase has given me the impression again that he is following people (Leetic, this time) rather than coming out with his own thoughts.

Leetic: Iím a little concerned that Leetic hasnít been NKd even though he was first PR to out, but Iím guessing wolves didnít see him as a threat if he was a 1-shot. I do believe his claim, and therefore am not considering a vote here. Leetic is someone I would have probably tunneled on earlier in the game if there was no PR outing, as his play has been quite convoluted and he always seems like he has more knowledge than he lets on, but this would be a pretty huge tinfoil at this point in the game and is not something Iím interested in pushing.

MixMasterLar: I am a sucker for AtE and his ĎíI forgotíí thing regarding the Roleblocker strengthened his claim for me. If I am wrong about this then I hate myself, but Iím pretty certain MML is exactly who he says he is. I think his progressions have been very natural all game.

Duskfall: Iíve been saying it most of the game but Iím pretty certain Dusk is scum. I thought he was town during memephase, but his refusal to get serious or take part in any sort of active solving since has drastically changed my read on him. His entrance today has also been disgusting, by assuming we have lost. He has seemed disinterested in helping town throughout the game, with a large majority of his posts since getting a little more serious last phase were all to do with mechanics only and his reads were trash and nonexistent.

With everything in mind, I think the team is Duskfall/Jessie/Wolfe and I would also lynch in this order.

I want to vote Dusk.
__________________
Bolth mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:48 PM   #2883
leetic
FFR Player
 
leetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I've kept watch of the thread because there's specific players I really want to see posting.

e.g: Bolth/Jessie

I have very little power on the claim stuff unless you're looking for a second opinion on what's going on.

I town read FFA over the posterity stuff he did by example near the end of last phase, but truth is that I don't know if he would have done that as both alignments.
Looks like the DBP lynch wasn't necessarily any better either.

So, gl me throwing a 3rd wagon here. It wasn't going to happen and would be weird anyway.
This is a problem I've had with many of your posts, but saying you want to see someone posting more is not a read
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:49 PM   #2884
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Don't recall asking about your vote last phase. Why defend it here
I think I'm the only player who called out that DBP/FFA was T/T.

I wanted to explain that real quick, but I guess no one looked that up.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:50 PM   #2885
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Bolth mannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 2,223
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
@Bolth

What did you have in mind when you followed the first DBP voting chain ?


I donít understand the question
__________________
Bolth mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:50 PM   #2886
leetic
FFR Player
 
leetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
DaBackPack: I was leaning DBP scum at the start of the game as his playstyle wasnít really what I was used to from him, he wasnít really trying to push anything and seemed to lack direction. His play since FFA faked a redcheck has been more in line with what Iím used to, and I have no reason or knowledge enough of the setup to disbelieve any claims that have been made. His soft is way too big brain for me, but it is also very very detailed and goes back all the way to d0, so if he is faking, he has definitely put the effort and the planning in, which I guess I canít rule out, DBP is a very capable player.

Hakulyte: Haku was extremely towny early game. This is weird for me as Iíve always struggled to read Haku in past games. I didnít really question it until this phase though with the block. He IS doing his normal strange scumworld lists which are only said, I imagine, to gauge reactions, so Iím still town reading him for the most part, but this is my best choice for under the radar wolf.

JessieBessie: Pretty much always a wolf. Their appearances have always been brief and full of fluff but I noticed her entrance yesterday had a lot of focus on trying to make a MML/DBP scum team a probability, which besides me simply not believing it, would make us doubt their roleblock claims in the following phases, which could potentially be Jessie trying to protect her team mates. Possibly a stretch but thereís been nothing towny from this slot and if she isnít a wolf, I have no idea what this game is.

Ullea/Wolfe: I have struggled to read this slot all game. Ullea was a straight null for me, their points made a lot of sense but also Leeticís catch on Ulleaís post also made a lot of sense. Wolfe has come in strong and been saying a lot of things that make sense, and seems to have put effort in solving. I was quite skeptical of how quick he was to sheep Dusks read on me, and this phase has given me the impression again that he is following people (Leetic, this time) rather than coming out with his own thoughts.

Leetic: Iím a little concerned that Leetic hasnít been NKd even though he was first PR to out, but Iím guessing wolves didnít see him as a threat if he was a 1-shot. I do believe his claim, and therefore am not considering a vote here. Leetic is someone I would have probably tunneled on earlier in the game if there was no PR outing, as his play has been quite convoluted and he always seems like he has more knowledge than he lets on, but this would be a pretty huge tinfoil at this point in the game and is not something Iím interested in pushing.

MixMasterLar: I am a sucker for AtE and his ĎíI forgotíí thing regarding the Roleblocker strengthened his claim for me. If I am wrong about this then I hate myself, but Iím pretty certain MML is exactly who he says he is. I think his progressions have been very natural all game.

Duskfall: Iíve been saying it most of the game but Iím pretty certain Dusk is scum. I thought he was town during memephase, but his refusal to get serious or take part in any sort of active solving since has drastically changed my read on him. His entrance today has also been disgusting, by assuming we have lost. He has seemed disinterested in helping town throughout the game, with a large majority of his posts since getting a little more serious last phase were all to do with mechanics only and his reads were trash and nonexistent.

With everything in mind, I think the team is Duskfall/Jessie/Wolfe and I would also lynch in this order.

I want to vote Dusk.
At least half of those reads are really flaky.
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:50 PM   #2887
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
DaBackPack: I was leaning DBP scum at the start of the game as his playstyle wasnít really what I was used to from him, he wasnít really trying to push anything and seemed to lack direction. His play since FFA faked a redcheck has been more in line with what Iím used to, and I have no reason or knowledge enough of the setup to disbelieve any claims that have been made. His soft is way too big brain for me, but it is also very very detailed and goes back all the way to d0, so if he is faking, he has definitely put the effort and the planning in, which I guess I canít rule out, DBP is a very capable player.

Hakulyte: Haku was extremely towny early game. This is weird for me as Iíve always struggled to read Haku in past games. I didnít really question it until this phase though with the block. He IS doing his normal strange scumworld lists which are only said, I imagine, to gauge reactions, so Iím still town reading him for the most part, but this is my best choice for under the radar wolf.

JessieBessie: Pretty much always a wolf. Their appearances have always been brief and full of fluff but I noticed her entrance yesterday had a lot of focus on trying to make a MML/DBP scum team a probability, which besides me simply not believing it, would make us doubt their roleblock claims in the following phases, which could potentially be Jessie trying to protect her team mates. Possibly a stretch but thereís been nothing towny from this slot and if she isnít a wolf, I have no idea what this game is.

Ullea/Wolfe: I have struggled to read this slot all game. Ullea was a straight null for me, their points made a lot of sense but also Leeticís catch on Ulleaís post also made a lot of sense. Wolfe has come in strong and been saying a lot of things that make sense, and seems to have put effort in solving. I was quite skeptical of how quick he was to sheep Dusks read on me, and this phase has given me the impression again that he is following people (Leetic, this time) rather than coming out with his own thoughts.

Leetic: Iím a little concerned that Leetic hasnít been NKd even though he was first PR to out, but Iím guessing wolves didnít see him as a threat if he was a 1-shot. I do believe his claim, and therefore am not considering a vote here. Leetic is someone I would have probably tunneled on earlier in the game if there was no PR outing, as his play has been quite convoluted and he always seems like he has more knowledge than he lets on, but this would be a pretty huge tinfoil at this point in the game and is not something Iím interested in pushing.

MixMasterLar: I am a sucker for AtE and his ĎíI forgotíí thing regarding the Roleblocker strengthened his claim for me. If I am wrong about this then I hate myself, but Iím pretty certain MML is exactly who he says he is. I think his progressions have been very natural all game.

Duskfall: Iíve been saying it most of the game but Iím pretty certain Dusk is scum. I thought he was town during memephase, but his refusal to get serious or take part in any sort of active solving since has drastically changed my read on him. His entrance today has also been disgusting, by assuming we have lost. He has seemed disinterested in helping town throughout the game, with a large majority of his posts since getting a little more serious last phase were all to do with mechanics only and his reads were trash and nonexistent.

With everything in mind, I think the team is Duskfall/Jessie/Wolfe and I would also lynch in this order.

I want to vote Dusk.
Man, people would have killed for you to do that in previous phases.

(well, I know you did one last phase, but it felt like a joke in comparison)
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:51 PM   #2888
leetic
FFR Player
 
leetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I think I'm the only player who called out that DBP/FFA was T/T.

I wanted to explain that real quick, but I guess no one looked that up.
Any reasson why you didn't vote at all? You could've easily voted jessie or something
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:51 PM   #2889
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
I donít understand the question
Remember the L-1 DBP very early in the previous phase ?

I was wondering what you had in mind during the FFA red check part.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:52 PM   #2890
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Bolth mannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 2,223
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetic View Post
At least half of those reads are really flaky.


I mean Iíll elaborate on any reads you want me to, but this is why I specifically said I wasnít going to post my reads

Too many bs towny plays and mechanics bullshit has really made me unconfident on almost every read Iíve had throughout the game
__________________
Bolth mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:53 PM   #2891
leetic
FFR Player
 
leetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Clearly this is T/T and I'd shoot Bolth here because Xiz said so.

Logic says FFA tho.
I assume that this is the post you're referring to, This honestly looks TMI to me, especially with your fatalistic "Logic says FFA tho" comment.
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:54 PM   #2892
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetic View Post
Any reasson why you didn't vote at all? You could've easily voted jessie or something
I felt like FFA vs DBP had to be solved in some sort of way because of incoming mylo.
Jessie insta'd right before I could potentially vote. I was likely to vote FFA and be wrong anyway.

It's hard to ignore a claim fight and just be like "hey join my random 3rd wagon pls".
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:54 PM   #2893
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,099
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I think I'm the only player who called out that DBP/FFA was T/T.

I wanted to explain that real quick, but I guess no one looked that up.
Haku I am certain that you also had posts that said all three of us were wolf. What does one of your many tinfoils have to do with you feeling like answering questions no one asked?
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

.
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:55 PM   #2894
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

What screwed me up is how long it took for FFA to rescind his claim.

Past that point I still wasn't sure if I was getting gamed or not.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:55 PM   #2895
leetic
FFR Player
 
leetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

I mean, if you truly felt that way, you could've at least tried to do something to chart a different course. You didn't even vote, for crying out loud!
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:55 PM   #2896
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Bolth mannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 2,223
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Remember the L-1 DBP very early in the previous phase ?



I was wondering what you had in mind during the FFA red check part.


Oh right, honestly, inexperience I guess

I wasnít even thinking about the possibility for insta when I made the vote, and Iíve also never been in a game where fakeclaiming has been a thing, so my first instinct was to believe it
__________________
Bolth mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:57 PM   #2897
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Haku I am certain that you also had posts that said all three of us were wolf. What does one of your many tinfoils have to do with you feeling like answering questions no one asked?
I mean, ok. I won't talk about my own posts.

I don't get what you're going for if you are.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:57 PM   #2898
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetic View Post
I mean, if you truly felt that way, you could've at least tried to do something to chart a different course. You didn't even vote, for crying out loud!
Jessie's vote was insta. It stopped the phase.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:59 PM   #2899
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,197
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
Leetic: Iím a little concerned that Leetic hasnít been NKd even though he was first PR to out, but Iím guessing wolves didnít see him as a threat if he was a 1-shot. I do believe his claim, and therefore am not considering a vote here. Leetic is someone I would have probably tunneled on earlier in the game if there was no PR outing, as his play has been quite convoluted and he always seems like he has more knowledge than he lets on, but this would be a pretty huge tinfoil at this point in the game and is not something Iím interested in pushing.
This is making me want to pair Bolth with Dusk smh.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2020, 10:59 PM   #2900
leetic
FFR Player
 
leetic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiebessie View Post
other reads:
I still think haku is sus. Nothing has really changed my mind about this since I last explained why.

dusk has been UTR previous phases but Iím getting more townie vibes this phase; i appreciate the effort to try to solve the game

Bolth- seems to be coming after dusk and me a lot; perhaps a wolf going after the easy inactive targets?

leetic seems to be trying to game-solve, which i like

It's been hard for me to get a read on shadow because of the slot switch (i should go back and iso shadow tbh- will prob do this rn)
Jessie was certainly hedging throughout much of D3. The problem is all these reads are very softcore in comparison to what was going on in the thread so it would be difficult to tell which of the people she mentioned would be her partners.
leetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution