Default Re: TWG 150: Undertale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mettaton View Post
Wow
Old 04-9-2016, 05:37 AM   #1282
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

Got plans today. You guys are gonna have to hunt the humans without me.
Old 04-9-2016, 05:44 AM   #1283
TWG Flowey
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tsunderplane View Post
but yeah i'd love to hear your thoughts on the reaction since it seems we are reading it two extremely different ways
So let me actually kinda cover both Alphys and Sans in one post, because it's really related.

A few notes for this tho:

1. I do not care who is who. I haven't tried to figure it out, the only person in this game I know who they are is dummy and myself. It'll affect my reads, as I want to go based purely on game actions.

2. This might not align with what I said earlier directly, but it should be similar as you know, opinions change over time and there's no solid way to tell you precisely what my thoughts where originally aside from you know, the original posts.

With that in mind, let's go:

First off we have Alphys' claim.

But to get to that, look at the context of WHERE it happened.

Sans had made this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Sans View Post
ahem

Alphys - a good head on her as usual. her not saying much on the first day wasn't no surprise. i think i know who she is too underneath that persona, but that's irrelevant.

her vote last minute feels like the same intent as mine. we wanted the kid to pay for not saying anything in the face of danger. to me, that gives her major monster props and she definitely has her heart set on the right path

Doggo - hasn't said much and still hasn't said much. the votes placed first day weren't telling in the slightest and the amount of bickering going on now makes for me to concluide that just maybe our local dog is in fact, just a dog. time will only tell if this changes

Flowey - being a plant and stuck in one place is hard. as of late, the flower has been saying a lot more words and less playing their character. its very null, and i like how our floral friend has been attacking new ideas instead of going with ones existing. if i had to wager, i would say that flower definitely has a green leaf, heh.

Mad Dummy - person doesn't like me. i get it, i'm not doing what he thinks i should be doing. figures im cornered... i think it was him that started saying that. the only corner i'm stuck in though is being on the top left of my post. it's very cramped there, but whats a skeleton gonna do about it? as for what i think? meh, he's still the one instigating folks and thats all the reason to not really look at the dummy. he's probably a monster like me though

Mettaton - is considered by the majority the top monster. that's not surprising, he does have a show afterall. i really really like his call out as of recent against so sorry. like really really like it. so sorry i'll get to, but lets say we connected bones there.

Monster Kid - has signifanctly increased his presence and his info. what i've asked has now been rectifified so good for him. but i get the feeling he's using the good ol' "wow, i hate you because you haven't done anything now and i have". if that's not true, then oops, but that's what i'm percieving you at the moment.

despite the increase in content and presence, i still have him as null, but that's just me keeping an "open mind" as mettaton stated before.

Muffet - anyone saying she's human must be off their knockers. i like her posts a lot. they sound genuine and she's constantly replying to everyone's critisms on her outspoken info. i would put her very high in the monster chain. oh, and uh... have you made some donuts? kind of hungry for one.

Napstablook - the very instant this phase started our friendly ghost made a post that caught my attention tenfold. let me quote it for everyone.

and then

first of all, why you even questioning if this was an attempt at a blue kill? that in itself should be one of those questions you should refrain from. could cause some discomfort to some players who may or may not be good at keeping their feelings in check.

and then there's the bedsheet going and voting me after someone called me out of my end of phase vote. its just... i don't get it. did you hope that perhaps you'd get traction off of me with this? well, it worked, but nah, it's probably gonna fail now once i do this.

you watching?

you see that post? because wow, what swayed you to go after undyne suddenly? what even is happening there? i'm with the dummy with this, what in the world is going through your head to vote her? because as far as i can tell, you've posted nothing providing as such.

...heh, hyprocritical of me considering i've been lazy on purpose (and character, shh), but still...

...we have a post like this when so sorry gets called out when your previous post. what the fuck...

anyways... that's enough about you white-y. have a vote to go with the read

Napstablook

Papyrus - not much content and has been very blunt on what he thinks. as my own bro, surprised at his lack of energy. oh well, guess that's what happens when you run around the underground for 9000 laps. he's a big null and i do like mettaton's input on him. other than that, its eeeeeh... he's just there, but more so than our resident dog.

Sans - sans to meet you.

So Sorry - at first, was null, at second, was null, but now as of recent, that radar has been beeping a little. reminds me of a player who used to play here before. very diplomatic approaches and not really giving a straightfoward opinion. it's not a strong read, but your posts have been coming off from this viewpoint as someone that's trying to do damage control for whatever reason. and damage control usually means you're trying to protect, or fake protect in this instance. i'd be weary of you and probably would vote for you if bedsheets doesn't get traction.

Temmie - i like triggering her, its funny. um... her triggering though makes me believe she's frusterated and is usually signs of monsterhood in general. yep, that's basically my read on her, and i think its a good one at that.

Tsunderplane - eeh... i kind of feel you've been falling off my monster pole. you seem to be... just following what's on the plate at the moment and going with it. you're expanding, but i think you're latching at the same time. or it could just be due to you having you read me as monster to human in less than a day by a paranoid dummy. i'm watching you plane-a-nator.

Undyne - i'll be straight, for whatever reason, she's the one person i haven't really paid too much attention of. she feels pretty monstery though, but i can see a human in those posts of hers. its a 50/50 and i'd probably need to do a one on one with her posts to really form a strong opinion.

And users where pretty happy with it. I don't completely understand why people liked this post a lot. There's actually a deal of filler in each of these.

Time passes, and it gets brought up again on page 40 (789)

Alphys expresses some dislike of the post.

Then all of a sudden:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Alphys View Post
You know what? Fuck it
into

Quote:
Humans already know my role as I was roleblocked last night. Human check on Sans in the first night because of his vote switch onto Monster Kid.
One, I don't think there was a way to know for sure humans know they got the roleblock off. There's no reason to act in a "fuck it" manner. You easily could have waited one more phase if you actually got roleblocked, and just played it off.

I do like the explanation of WHY they checked Sans. That's a pretty solid reason. I give you that.

Denote that even you don't vocally accept it immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tsunderplane View Post
if Alphys's claim is truthful then my read on dummy gets a lot stronger because of how easily he was swayed to change the vote off of him for what was at best an okay reads post that came way too late to be from a town
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy View Post
the way alphys said "you know what, fuck it" is classic "I'm about to claim a role and that role is probably cop"
But I don't understand why they'd have a "fuck it" response. If anything the fuck it would happen if we where talking about lynching them and it's like "fuck it I'm not lettin' town make a larger mistake" not an "I got roleblocked once, they know" mistake. Even if Alphys laid into Sans deep and he caught on it, they'd probably just KILL you. Not role block you. Or do both at once. There's zero reason for you to be alive if they knew for sure. So not only is your play from my POV executed weird, I feel like your claim makes no sense in context to WHERE it happens.

Quote:
Kinda fucked myself at this point, my vote parked on Sans and ignoring the rest of the EOD made my role blatantly obvious.

At least this way, we've got info and can mess around with Sans' caring long post of reads.
Like I totally disagree with this. I don't understand your reasoning for this play. Even if you're right, I don't get it. You're making wayyy too many assumptions for my taste.

Who would the wolves want dead first when their godfather just got his shit wrecked? The goddamned cop. You wouldn't block the bitch, you'd kill the bitch or both. They'd HAVE to be somewhat in panic mode.

Quote:
friend, when you play a few hundred games, you realize that no one ever says "You know what, fuck it" without claiming a role either in that post or in their next one
-_-"

Anyways onto Sans more now.

Sans keeps a really level response. There's no panic to his tone through this point. There's irritation, but no sense of panic or an "I got caught" feel.

Quote:
. . .

welp, i can't think of anything then if you're all just gonna follow in this.

fine, lynch me. it'll expose her very hard, because my flip will be monster.
Got nothing to lose.

Quote:
and sunfan, i hope to see your shattered spirit when my flip comes.

this play is insane and dumb, what a waste of a day
Again, anger. Zero panic. I say this because he's even keeping in character format wise, well, minus the puns.

Quote:
nah, you're definitely human with those so sorry interactions. your pal alphs just made this game super easy.
It'd be criminal to not look into this as a side comment. But this could be seen as deflection. I give you that.

Quote:
my shattered spirit will be "lol, why would Alphys ever claim there" if you flip monster. Cross that unlikely bridge if we come to it, of course.
Question stands regardless. Really. There was zero reason to do it there rather than a little later.

Quote:
i say they should, though i suppose it doesn't matter. just say anyone and these folks will believe it

oi, i wish i were a counter. very dumb
See this post isn't an attempt to deflect or anything. Nothing but a reaction to people just accepting it without thinking about it.

Quote:
how can i counter when i'm not even what you're lying about? i'm definitely something though, but if town is gonna go full idiot, then i won't share

screw this
Most anti-town post he makes.

Quote:
why should i? this random ass play is awful and why should i even share shit when i can't believe what i've read the past few pages?
Well, ok. Maybe not on further rereading.

Quote:
whatever

i'm the bomb, was planning to be more active, but now it's pretty useless

thanks, bitch
Agreed this is too convenient. Which is why I purposed he wasn't the bomb, but wasn't human either.

I actually still suspect there's a chance Sans is a PR, but just

Not the bomb?

Quote:
Holy shit

Napsta is a wolf

Alphs is a wolf

It's gonna be an impossible game for that last wolf

This is cancer, I feel like I'm getting trolled right now
Quote:
Holy shit, I'm like super mad.

Sorry if I'm being offensive, just... oh my fucking god.
Quote:
How the hell are they fake?

Really?
Quote:
I'm melting down because this shit is going to work and I bet Jake is laughing is ass off.

Fuck off
Quote:
Come on then, vote me then you robot dick
Quote:
Because this is silly.

sunfan, tell me, if you were somehow in this wacky situation, would you be calm about it?
Quote:
Beats me, scared since their godfather died? He was pretty null to me so I don't know what they had in mind.
Quote:
and yeah, maybe i over reacted just a tad

took a few ketchups and now im good again.
then just this slew is what turns me. I dunno why a caught scum would do this course of actions. Sympathy points maybe? Feels too risky. The only part of all of this I think makes sense is claiming bomb.

I apologize if this isn't as thorough. It's like 3:37 am.

But all of that aside. The question is can we spare the mislynch in the event we're wrong for the sake of the information? Is it worth a lynch of Sans?

If he's actually the bomb, my answer is actually yes. If he's actually scum then absolutely. But if he's town... I can't say no.

At the end of the day, my thoughts on the matter really don't matter.

We have a claim we don't really have a reason strongly to ignore other than interpretation of Sans' reaction and early game. But just think of what we COULD get out of the deal.

That said, I think if anyone of us has spaghetti, I purpose we strongly consider shooting Sans. Lynch Alphys pending flip, or deeply look into next top scum.

Just, uhg.
Old 04-9-2016, 05:59 AM   #1284
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flowey View Post
then just this slew is what turns me. I dunno why a caught scum would do this course of actions. Sympathy points maybe? Feels too risky. The only part of all of this I think makes sense is claiming bomb.

I apologize if this isn't as thorough. It's like 3:37 am.

But all of that aside. The question is can we spare the mislynch in the event we're wrong for the sake of the information? Is it worth a lynch of Sans?
I think it is. If there hasn't been a counterclaim by now, I believe the only player left that could possibly is Doggo. The chances of it being fake are looking super slim to me, and the fact that Sans still hasn't been lynched suggests to me that he is important, i.e. probably the roleblocker.
Old 04-9-2016, 06:09 AM   #1285
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

If we are being had and Sans flips monster, Alphys is red, so we kill her and and we will be at a modest but quite under control 6 and 2 for the following phase.

If Sans flips human, Alphys is legit, and we are at 8 and 2 tomorrow with a dominant lead.

Sans continues to not show any interest in pursuing Alphys's partners, which you would imagine he would be, if his situation is at he claims it is.

Steadfastly believe Sans should be flipped now, and the only thing that could possibly change my mind is a Doggo Cop claim.
Old 04-9-2016, 06:14 AM   #1286
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

I don't see a single post out of Sans that scum could not make in that position.

Regarding his reads post that "many users were happy with", nothing stands out to me as particularly genuine or insightful.

I am bored of this phase and want to move on.
Old 04-9-2016, 06:18 AM   #1287
TWG Muffet
FFR Player

So what I've been trying to say flowey did it more proper I suppose, he has my thoughts basically. And also we might not have a counter because cop could potentially not be in the game. Yes I know that would make god father pointless, but roles are given at random yes?
Old 04-9-2016, 06:19 AM   #1288
TWG Muffet
FFR Player

sans

Let's see what happens I guess.
Old 04-9-2016, 06:19 AM   #1289
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Muffet View Post
Yes I know that would make god father pointless, but roles are given at random yes?
No.

What.
Old 04-9-2016, 06:28 AM   #1290
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

Kind of at a loss for where the seed for that premise even dropped into your head, because I didn't see anything that could be inferred that way, and it is very evident that random roles would be a balancing nightmare.
Old 04-9-2016, 06:37 AM   #1291
TWG Napstablook
FFR Player

So are we insta'ing Sans then? Is that the consensus? I haven't voted because a few have said there should be no rush to lynch but I'll happily drop my vote if that's what we're doing.
Old 04-9-2016, 06:55 AM   #1292
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Napstablook View Post
So are we insta'ing Sans then? Is that the consensus? I haven't voted because a few have said there should be no rush to lynch but I'll happily drop my vote if that's what we're doing.

Medic, if you exist: In the unlikely contingency that Sans flips anything but red, save the hell out of Doggo.

Or, if you prefer, WIFOM the human scum and save the hell out of who you think will need it. Big plays, baby.
Old 04-9-2016, 07:00 AM   #1293
TWG Sans
FFR Player

Again, you want to lynch me at an absurd hour?

Whatever you say Undyne
Old 04-9-2016, 07:00 AM   #1294
TWG Sans
FFR Player

What is even the vote count anyways, I kind of stopped caring about it.
Old 04-9-2016, 07:01 AM   #1295
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

You got a whole day more than you deserved, if you ask me.
Old 04-9-2016, 07:02 AM   #1296
TWG Sans
FFR Player

And waste all these yummy interactions?

ok Undyne
Old 04-9-2016, 07:04 AM   #1297
TWG Sans
FFR Player

As for hunting for partner, my goodness, how many more times do I have to say it, my opinions don't matter right now and I already gave my piece for alphs and napsta

You're going to lynch me, see that I'm a monster, and then... well... I really shouldn't give the humans any optimal plays

They haven't really made any this game anyways, LOL
Old 04-9-2016, 07:05 AM   #1298
TWG Sans
FFR Player

But for real, what's the vote count on me?
Old 04-9-2016, 07:14 AM   #1299
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

Quote:
As for hunting for partner, my goodness, how many more times do I have to say it, my opinions don't matter right now and I already gave my piece for alphs and napsta

You're going to lynch me, see that I'm a monster, and then... well... I really shouldn't give the humans any optimal plays

They haven't really made any this game anyways, LOL
From your perspective there should be 3 reds likely left standing.

Before Alph claimed, your reads were So Sorry and Napsta. The only news out of you after Alph redchecked you was "well, also her, then".

You haven't inspected Napsta/Alphys interactions. You haven't even made a minor attempt at deducing who Alphys's other partner is. And yet you say you are town.

If you are red, you put a respectable amount of effort into continuing to play the part given the situation. If you're town, the effort I've seen out of you this phase is laughable, and you deserve the mislynch.
Old 04-9-2016, 07:16 AM   #1300
TWG Undyne
FFR Player

But Occam says you are a red and Alphys slammed you.
Closed Thread