Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 03:58 AM   #21
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidude
i luv the fact that its backwards compatible with every NINTENDO system
More like an emulator.

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:53 AM   #22
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

That's what I said in the other thread and everybody bitched at me for that being illegal. If games are so old that the system isn't around to play them then they become public domain. Therefore most emulators aren't really illegal. Well, they weren't. Once the Revolution comes out there will be a system out that can play them and it'll make all those emulators super illegal. Damn Revolution. D=<

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:46 AM   #23
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Fact is, copywrights last 90 years.

While it is legal to use Beethoven's symphonies and Monet's artwork without permission, ROMs of games from the 80s are not.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:59 PM   #24
blargherness
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blargherness

I have a question. Is there a playable revolution out there? If so, does it have all the revolution features yet to come out? (Dont call me stupid for this, because I already know I am.)
Old 05-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #25
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via MSN to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via Yahoo to suicidalmuskrat

no there isn't a playable revolution out there....or there might be, but no one outside of Nintendo has any knowledge of it, what-so-ever...We don't know the controller/input device, and we don't know the tech specs. Pretty much we just know what it'll look like, and that you can play Revolution and GC games on it, and that you can download retro Nintendo games for play on it. We also are quire sure that the online infrastructure will be free to use.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:20 PM   #26
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Some copyrights last 90 years. Isn't it different with different things? I saw somewhere there was a case ruling in favors of emulators, using what I said as the basis for that decision. Not sure if that was 100% true, though.

And after reading muskrat's post, I laughed. We don't really know anything about this thing, do we? Silly Nintendo and their silly secrecy and surprises.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:29 PM   #27
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

EB: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...wtopic&t=29418

Nintendo likes to make surprises worth it.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #28
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Iwata's interview: http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617814p1.html

Quite a good read.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:50 PM   #29
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via MSN to suicidalmuskrat Send a message via Yahoo to suicidalmuskrat

I really wish i had enough money to afford both the PS3 and the revolution...but the way it's looking i probably couldn't even afford the PS3...so i'm sure i'll just get a revolution...but their philosophies are so different, and they're both respectable...i just love Nintendo franchises too much not to own their console
Old 05-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #30
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I'm more anticipated for the Revolution now than ever.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:31 PM   #31
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

As am I, but i'm trying not to be too hyped until I see the interface, and the controller, for sure.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:09 AM   #32
blargherness
FFR Player

Quote:
and the controller, for sure.
http://www.nicklin.us/nr_pic.html
My god, if it were to come out like that controller that was drawn, geez. such an awesome idea for a controller...unless its real. that would be cool.
It just doesnt look very comfortable. also, on the same site, the logo.
http://www.nicklin.us/nr%20logo%20page.htm
yes i do realize revolution is spelled wrong.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:14 AM   #33
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

looks interesting.
emccky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 10:32 AM   #34
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

That controller can't be right. It's not backwards compatible. Plus, haven't they already said that the controller would have the same number of buttons as the GC (and N64, for that matter) controllers? They would have to if they're planning on letting the Rev play GC games. The controller in that picture is missing the analog sticks they would need. Maybe the gyro could count as one, but it'd still be missing the other. And it has 4 shoulder/grip buttons instead of 3, like the N64 and GC.

I seriously doubt that to be the new controller. It might, however, be a concept controller that was thought about earlier in the development. I guess we'll see later on, though...

Old 05-21-2005, 11:44 AM   #35
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

I highly doubt it's the real controller, as it specifically says on the bottom "DRAWN BY N-REVOLUTION"...so i highly doubt it. And EB, Reggie (head of PR/marketing) said to line up all of Nintendo's controllers side by side, and see how radically different they were from each other, and then to think about how you could make a controller which could utilize all of that, making it comfortable and intuitive to play ALL nintendo games from all consoles. So it might not be exactly like the GC controller, but you're right, they will have to have as many, or more methods of inputting (such as buttons).
Old 05-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #36
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Remember that the Revolution is backwards-compatible with GCN games. So no, that is definitely a bogus controller.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 07:55 PM   #37
suicidalmuskrat
FFR Player

^^ or they could simply add gamecbue controller slots to the revolution. ^^
Old 05-21-2005, 08:43 PM   #38
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Um, all the Nintendo controllers are basically the same. NES you have select, start, A, B, and the D-pad. SNES you have that, plus shoulder buttons, X, and Y. N64 has all that, plus Z, the C buttons, and an analog stick. Its only difference was it's ridiculously weird design with having 3 prongs. GC controller has the same design, but the C buttons are an analog stick and Z is on the shoulder instead of a 3rd prong (which was a stupid idea to begin with). Sure, they aren't as similar in design as PS1 and PS2 controllers, but they're all a lot the same.

The only problem I see in the GC playing SNES games is that the buttons are arranged slightly differently, so some games wouldn't make sense. One game in particular would be Smash TV. The A, B, X, and Y buttons have to be arranged in an down, right, left, up formation for that control scheme to work at all, and GC controllers don't have that. So perhaps the Rev controller will look more like a PS2 controller, but with Z instead of L2 and R2, because that'd be closer to the design of the SNES, which was probably the best Nintendo controller, I think.

Old 05-21-2005, 08:46 PM   #39
blargherness
FFR Player

Quote:
I highly doubt it's the real controller, as it specifically says on the bottom "DRAWN BY N-REVOLUTION"
Ummmm, i knew that. hence the "If it were to come out like that" instead of "that makes me want to get it more." i saw the "drawn by n-revolution"...and i never once posted i thought it was real.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #40
ndthatsme
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ndthatsme

hey blargherness i'm sorry but u said that it looks awesome or whatever, that controller looks gay. Plus i heard that it has a toch screen.