Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 07-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #21
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What are you improving right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Woah ! Investing or just found a much better job ? (or both?)
Finding a better job + moving up.
I'm hoping within the next few years I'll be able to just work for myself. That's my new long term goal.

Edit: I kind of branched out a bit more. Exploring different avenues and met some good people. As time goes by, things are just now falling into place.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 07-23-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #22
Sanjixcon
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I've been getting better at making home made pizza's from scratch.

Also my garden did really well this year! I lollipopped everything half way up and just grew some fat top colas.
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #23
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

My mental and physical health, currently cleaning so I'm improving my apartment in some way?
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #24
Sidek
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

school and some skill in 4 key

Bye.
Sidek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #25
URL
Rainbow Enthusiast
FFR Veteran

Geometry because my drawings suck. It's painful to see some problem you'd tried for two hours was obvious once you realized something evident from a good drawing.
  • Highest CLEAN FC: Rave 1 [84]
  • Highest MASHED FC: grind4 [95]

All (or most) songs up to Level 27 AAA'd.

URL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:43 PM   #26
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Physical health, confidence, and being less anti-social.

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Sky Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:39 AM   #27
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

attempting to improve my at-home life, but has been quite difficult as of late because it's not necessarily me creating the problem, and involves some very difficult choices that I don't necessarily want to go through with. You know, the usual dilemma sort of stuff.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #28
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX

My social skills... and maybe my cooking skills too, so my boyfriend doesn't have to cook all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
banned for having an affair with peach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
Simfiles Updated 11/30/13
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 12:05 PM   #29
Travis_Flesher
Champion
FFR Veteran

My dragonrip character, my Runescape character, my mental sharpness, my physical strength
Old 08-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #30
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
I'm also in general more goal oriented. I think this is able to keep my depression suspended most of the time, because I have focus on keeping myself collected for the goals.
I'm kinda permanently in this mode. It helped me get out of the last episode I was in for the reason you mentioned

Right now, physical health because my appetite changed once I got on anti-depressants a year-and-a-half ago and I put on weight. I was pretty good at keeping my weight stable once I noticed, but I didn't have time to focus on being healthier because of school.

I don't have a license which is also Sad and I'm Trying, but zzzzzz I won't even have a car where I'm going anyway.

I should be working on my mental health since that's the main reason for my break from school, but I've been alright mental health-wise so I dunno what to do.

edit: o yea im tryna not be bad at fiffer
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 08-12-2018 at 12:25 PM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #31
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
What have you been improving in yourself, or have seen significant improvement with?
Body image.

My self loathing is currently becoming better, though I still dislike some things about myself; like how I'm flat chested (damn these boobs are taking a while to be visible and tangible to others), and the fact that I'm so damn thin.

I'm improving on my body image, but I'm still not where i'd like to be yet.

Also depression as well, but that's kinda old news, as I've been feeling better for weeks (at least anyone who follows my reddit would know).
QueenAshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #32
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

- legitimately believe I have value in some form.

- overcame pathological focus on sex and finally recognized it for what it was. no longer care about sex as an end to itself.

- reduced time wasted by masturbating; now treat masturbating like speedrunning.

- no longer care about body image as much. still care about fitness from a health POV.

- work on my self-concept; I identified for a long time as "an asshole" because I didn't have the vocabulary to express something like "I care more about minimizing falsehood than about being polite." I don't think I am actually an asshole, in fact I disagree with the whole moral framing of the word.

since I am adhd and also have non-24 hour sleep patterns (i.e. my body has tremendous amounts of energy and has always preferred to go to bed much later even as early as age 7), the following relate to that:

- realizing that if I can see calorie totals as a number that I just follow procedurally, I can see the time I go to bed this way as well, and use sleep aids to do this.

- valuing completion, or finishing a thing, as a virtue in and of itself.

- valuing normal adult responsibilities that I have been able to get out of in the past.

- appreciating the value of routine, even if it's silly.

- going out of my way to help other people and maintain relationships, mail out presents, be thoughtful, etc.

- appreciate simple pleasures in life, like diet pepsi and air conditioning.

not exhaustive, but good enough.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:12 PM   #33
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

oh, and most relevantly: going back to my roots for the things that make me happy by playing more rhythm games and attempting to be competitive in pop'n music.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #34
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
oh, and most relevantly: going back to my roots for the things that make me happy by playing more rhythm games and attempting to be competitive in pop'n music.
hell yeah 2018 year of the bemani renaissance

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:24 AM   #35
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:33 AM   #36
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins

Oh yea, and notice how my tagline says "Constantly Improving!"

Although that originally pertained to what was once my constant improvement playing FFR, I have been thinking that this goes beyond.

I feel like that whatever happens in life, whether my FFR, music, studies, life choices, or just being a decent human being, I'm always improving in at least one thing. Even if I feel like I'm retrograding in something, I'm always improving in another. And I'm making sure to stay true to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
nothing
Not so sure about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3

Last edited by MarcusHawkins; 08-14-2018 at 12:36 AM..
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:08 AM   #37
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

i'm gettin better at technical itg pretty quick thsi shit is really fun. it's pretty crazy how far the community has come since I last played.

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:46 AM   #38
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I want to be more focused and disciplined with music education, practicing the violin more, and sticking to daily routines more strictly (balanced diet, streaming, exercise). Gaming is fun but I realize that it fuels my desire to be accepted by my peers as well as to compensate for past failures and it's not healthy.

I'm also working on completely letting go of my past and being content with where I am now even if I am slow with irl progress
samurai7694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:19 AM   #39
mewtikz
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Alright, here comes a big dump.

Want to improve:

- My drive to do anything "useful". I used to love programming but now I only do it if it's a task assigned to me.

- Doing the things that I should be doing for a better future but failing to do every time out of laziness. Often I get asked "why don't you do x?", I usually say "I know I should!" That's because I do know that it's a good idea, but whenever it comes down to it, I never feel like doing anything when I get home. For example, like that time when I could have had an internship. It was the proper course of action because it would have made me a very employable candidate for whatever job I end up with, but I didn't feel like writing a resume and so I convinced myself that I was under-qualified (I wasn't) and I wouldn't have gotten in (I would've). That's in the past, I'll do it better next time I have the opportunity

Currently improving:

- My weight, I'm considered "underweight" on most charts I see on google.

- My sleep schedule. It's a work in progress but I'd like to try waking up on an actual schedule. Getting off my phone at least an hour before bed is supposed to help but I'm having trouble sticking to it. No, I don't need to see garbage on reddit before I sleep. Sleep is very important, but instant gratification wins, apparently.

Improved:

- My FFR skill, and I'm still getting better!

- My social life. Being friends with people and hanging out with them weekly is better than having friends on nodding terms. This aspect of me saw improvement as early as: the minute I stepped my foot on a college campus, but it's been continually growing and has had, by far, the biggest improvement in 2018!

- My face. I have had mild acne for a while and with a change of habits and a better diet, it's finally starting to clear up. I think the most noticeable impact was after a not eating over 150g of sugar like 4-5 days per week. It's not sustainable. >‿<

- My anxiety; during this summer I began to do some introspection (out of boredom), and the way I was analyzing my situation ended up causing a few panic attacks. I'm not exactly sure what's changed but I have a different perspective on things now, I guess I told myself that the anxiety is very temporary, as all emotions are, and I can approach each problem separately instead of focusing on them all at once. It seemed to come up out of the blue as I had never experienced anything quite like it before, and it disappeared just as fast (still, that month was hell). Maybe it'll pop back up again at some later time.
mewtikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #40
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
- legitimately believe I have value in some form.

- overcame pathological focus on sex and finally recognized it for what it was. no longer care about sex as an end to itself.

- reduced time wasted by masturbating; now treat masturbating like speedrunning.

- no longer care about body image as much. still care about fitness from a health POV.

- work on my self-concept; I identified for a long time as "an asshole" because I didn't have the vocabulary to express something like "I care more about minimizing falsehood than about being polite." I don't think I am actually an asshole, in fact I disagree with the whole moral framing of the word.

since I am adhd and also have non-24 hour sleep patterns (i.e. my body has tremendous amounts of energy and has always preferred to go to bed much later even as early as age 7), the following relate to that:

- realizing that if I can see calorie totals as a number that I just follow procedurally, I can see the time I go to bed this way as well, and use sleep aids to do this.

- valuing completion, or finishing a thing, as a virtue in and of itself.

- valuing normal adult responsibilities that I have been able to get out of in the past.

- appreciating the value of routine, even if it's silly.

- going out of my way to help other people and maintain relationships, mail out presents, be thoughtful, etc.

- appreciate simple pleasures in life, like diet pepsi and air conditioning.

not exhaustive, but good enough.
Enjoyed reading this. Good job and good luck.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote