Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Monster Hunter 3: Tri G/Ultimate

I've been hooked on this game for a while now. Clocked in about 150 hours so not that far in the game (rofl what). Anyone have this for the 3DS/Wii and are you satisfied with it?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
axith
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Monster Hunter 3: Tri G/Ultimate

I have about the same amount of time logged on my game. Previously, I had just played monster hunter tri (wii). I absolutely love the 'new' (to me) monsters and differing forms of previous monsters. When the Pink Rathian did it's version of a tail flip for the first time, I was in shock. The Zinogre is my new favorite. I haven't completed all the high rank village or port quests, mostly because I can't seem to convince my 3ds wielding friends to play the game. I have definitely gotten my $40 worth of entertainment from the game.

I'm pretty satisfied with the game, The monster lock system works well if you don't have the (pricey and hard to find) circle pad pro for nearly all fights. Seeing the monsters in 3d is awesome, but I tend to move the system about as I play, so I tend not to use it on monster hunter.

I was ecstatic when I found out monster hunter was coming to the 3ds, and it's the 3ds game I play most often.

If you want to know specifics about certain monsters I like, I can go into more detail on that.
axith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Garquillex
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I have about 200 hours in Tri on Wii, but I won't be able to play the new one until I buy a new computer (or until the next SSB game forces me to buy one)
Old 06-1-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Xx{Fallen}xX
Hugs 4 Hire

I have it for the 3DS, I have about 100 hours on it right now and i have almost finished all the village quest. Now I'm moving up to g-rank in the guild, its not impossible to solo but sometimes it gets pretty rough. I'm loving the game but no one around me has a 3DS so i have never played with anyone. But i wouldn't trade it for the world.

Xx{Fallen}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Been at G-Rank in multi for a bit, thanks to a bunch of my friends that own 3DS's. Been running with Azure Rathalos armor, with a Dios Tailhammer+. Once I get some G-Rank Brachydios stuff, I can upgrade the hammer and get dat white sharpness. Also Crit Eye +3 is awesome to have. Fucks up all the things.
Old 06-1-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
Dark_Chrysalis
Something clever.

Send a message via Skype™ to Dark_Chrysalis

I have it for the WiiU, and currently main Dual Swords and Hunting Horn. I've clocked over 300 hours into it so far, I'm HR114 and have completed all village and online quests (I beat Alatreon before he was DLC *hipster*). My DS set is basically the Hallowed Jhen Armor with Element Atk Up put in, and my main HH set is Nether Sinphony with Attack (M), Sharpness +1 and Element Atk Up. I have a ton of other HH set-ups to use for other circumstances, but Nether Sinphony songs are just so good for almost everything <3.

I'd love to play with more people from FFR on it but it seems the general concensus for the WiiU right now is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garquillex View Post
(or until the next SSB game forces me to buy one)
which is understandable, since there definitely hasn't been all that much coming out on it. If anyone with the WiiU game sees this, hit me up with a friend request (ID: DarkChrysalis) so I can have more regulars to play with. ~Zeta~ also has it and I play with him all the time, so you can add him too probably (ID: MikeyzDragon). Alloyus has it as well, but idr his ID. If I had to guess its probably just alloyus

Last edited by Dark_Chrysalis; 06-1-2013 at 10:19 PM..
Dark_Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
Xx{Fallen}xX
Hugs 4 Hire

I just got to G Rank yesterday. The i felt like the Goldbeard Cedeus was a pushover, and as i go to fight the G Rank Pink Rathian i get one shot by a back-flip and then fail the quest becuase every little hit after that one shot me since i didnt have 150 health anymore. T.T

Old 06-6-2013, 09:52 PM   #8
MrPoptart
Steam Id: MstrPoptart
FFR Veteran

This will be the only MH title besides 2 and frontier (because they're japan only) that I'm probably not going to get. Since I don't have the money atm to get a 3ds and I don't have my Wii anymore ;<

Arbitrary edit from 2 years later, got it and a 3ds, and MH4U.

Last edited by MrPoptart; 11-3-2015 at 01:47 PM..
MrPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:24 AM   #9
Xx{Fallen}xX
Hugs 4 Hire

I just finished all the village quests and i unlocked the Mark of a Hero quest where you have to hunt an I.Lagi, then an azure rathalos and brachydios at the same time. I got completely destroyed by the rath and brachy, this quest is super hard.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:20 AM   #10
Dark_Chrysalis
Something clever.

Send a message via Skype™ to Dark_Chrysalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Fallen}xX View Post
I just finished all the village quests and i unlocked the Mark of a Hero quest where you have to hunt an I.Lagi, then an azure rathalos and brachydios at the same time. I got completely destroyed by the rath and brachy, this quest is super hard.
This quest is definitely a nightmare, but if you wanna try and go easy mode, just grab as many Mega Dash Juice as you can hold/craft, grab a Gunlance, and go sit in the corner as they destroy each other. Otherwise you can do what I did, which was basically the same thing except I was running around like a jackass the whole time trying not to die because lol Dual Swords.

Dark_Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I got Mark of the Hero too. I foolishly went in with my Demolition Hammer (Finally upgraded from the Tailhammer+) and got wrecked. ;(