Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-9-2009, 03:20 PM   #1561
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
That's what you get for dropping alchemy.
It is a burden that I shall suffer willingly!

(Once I work out a good schedule I'll be able to buy flasks on days when they aren't high-priced, like Friday.)
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 05:17 PM   #1562
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Why doesn't the guild alchemist make them for you? =x

I'm stingy as hell and I still make flasks for my guild for free.

ps - since our two hunters got new weapons from Uld25 and our rogue also got two new weapons from Uld25 we think we're good enough to get XT into hard mode tonight so here's hoping.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 05:44 PM   #1563
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

I'd love to get XT into hard mode, but I dont think that's going to happen anytime soon. That 2 handed sword looks very nice.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 06:02 PM   #1564
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
It is a burden that I shall suffer willingly!

(Once I work out a good schedule I'll be able to buy flasks on days when they aren't high-priced, like Friday.)
I logged on today and all flasks are selling for 11ish gold.

I was sad
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 06:05 PM   #1565
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Man, that'd be nice, flasks sell for 40 to 50 gold on my server.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 06-9-2009, 06:11 PM   #1566
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Why doesn't the guild alchemist make them for you? =x

I'm stingy as hell and I still make flasks for my guild for free.
One of the things my guild does that actually annoys me quite a bit is that virtually EVERYTHING goes into the guild bank. All BoEs (unless they're a massive upgrade), pretty much all crafted stuff, enchanting dust, etc. These are then "bought" from the guild bank by having an officer withdraw them and give them to you, after which you deposit a given price into the bank. For most things, it's half market price. In the case of flasks, that's 10-20 gold depending on the day.

Of course you're still free to put your own things up on the AH or whatever, but the convention is that any intra-guild transactions are done through the bank.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2009, 08:15 PM   #1567
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

I've been making flasks for my guild for a while now. I farm most of my mats but keeping enough spare frost lotus just sucks. Probably going to have to borrow money from the guild to buy some off the AH, it's going for about 400g a stack :<
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #1568
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Dreams View Post
I'd love to get XT into hard mode, but I dont think that's going to happen anytime soon. That 2 handed sword looks very nice.
We did it. Guess what dropped?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45868

=D

Hard mode is like 500 times harder than regular mode.

In regular, you can just burn his heart low and chain phases together. After he's at 75%, he won't even be able to attack anymore.

In Hard, not only can you no longer do double damage during a burn phase, he does a crap-ton more damage to the tank and even more to the entire raid during Tantrums. Then the Light Bombs and Gravity Bombs are much more deadly. Light Bombs spawn adds that do 10,000 damage on hit and 800 raid damage every 3 seconds. Gravity Bombs make void zones when they drop. Then there's the enrage timer to worry about and he has more health.

I knew it would be hard but it was a real eye-opener as to how hard Hard Modes really are.

Last edited by Squeek; 06-10-2009 at 12:27 AM..
Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #1569
Zombie.Autopilot
FFR Player

Me and a few (read: 3 not counting myself) guildies decided to 4 man as far into Kara as we could. Setup was 72 Prot Pally (myself), 70 Holy Priest, 70 Shad Priest, and a 78 Arms War.

Wiped once or twice on Morose, same thing on Maiden. And then the Opera. 3 options. Big Bad Wolf, no problem. Romeo and Juliet, no problem. Oz, big problem. What do we get?

Oz of course. Called it quits after that wipe.

Warrior got his mongoose enchant, I got the pretty good tanking watch from morose, as well as the somewhat-decent-once-socketed gloves from Maiden, and the priests both walked away with some nice loot too.

Its pretty sad when you can do that, in under 90 minutes, in mostly Northrend blues and greens. Fun, but sad.
Zombie.Autopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:36 AM   #1570
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You do realize Kara was an entry-level raid. You could go there with quest reward blues from BC.

Go 4-man the Sunwell.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #1571
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

I'd be willing to say most players at 80 STILL couldn't do Sunwell.
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #1572
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I have proof of that. We went with a pug of naxx-25 geared 80s and lost.

Most people say the limiting factor is Brutallus, but he was an easy tank and spank. Guess he was nerfed to hell. We had serious problems on Felmyst due to the lack of any priests (seriously, 25 people and no priests. It's always the damn priests. Blizzard needs to stop making dungeons require priests). We invited some <80 priest alts in and won. We did the gauntlet but lost to the twins from too many stupid people doing too many stupid things.

And I think we were lucky to even finish the first boss.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #1573
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

The biggest problem with people trying to do BC raids now is that they are almost universally full of level 71-75 people who spent no time at 70 end-game wearing nothing but northrend greens and a couple blues thinking "Oh yeah, we're over level 70, this will be so easy" and don't think they even need to pay attention to fight mechanics.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #1574
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

BC was good times. Sometimes I break out my full T6 set and hop on my ZA Bear looking like a badass.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #1575
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Even with level 80s, BC raids can be difficult to finish because a lot of it is coordination and knowing what goes on during a fight. Gear is important too, but having it is just simply not enough.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #1576
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

aghhh screw you squeek

I dont think we're going to get into any of the hard modes, because we only raid twice a week (sunday 9:30 till 12 pst, monday the same time) and everybody's pushing to finish Ulduar.

This means they don't want to try to do naxx 25, they don't want to try to do naxx 10 for people who are missing gear, they don't even want to do OS/VoA, it's ulduarulduarulduar.

Which means me and a druid are the best geared, and we're sitting on two pieces of 25 man gear each.

Quote:
Old 06-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #1577
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

We want to finish Ulduar too but Yogg is really a pain in the ass. XT's hard mode is so much easier than Yogg.

In other news! The Class Q&A on the official forums is out for Shaman! Here're the highlights:

Community Team: Shamans currently have the lowest base health of any class, and this often leads to concern over their survivability.

Q. Is there any reason that they start this way or is there any future change in store to address this disparity between their base health and that of other classes?

A: This is one of those weird legacies that has been in the game forever. Nobody currently working on classes can remember why that decision was initially made, so we plan to revert it for 3.2.

Q. Are there plans to look at totems in general, the way they are managed, their uses, and their benefits in the future?

A: Absolutely. One of the features we have been working on is a way for shamans to drop all four totems at once (on one global cooldown). This will hopefully make the totems more attractive while soloing and will let the shaman in a group environment quickly get his or her totems down again if the group has to move or they get destroyed. We’d like to get this feature in soon, but we want to make sure the user-interface works well and feels integrated to the rest of the game, so we can’t yet announce a date. And of course, this is still in the planning stage, and so subject to change.

Q. And, what are the possible impacts of considering changes to a system like this?

A: Sometimes you will see the community suggest ideas that basically write totems out of the game. That’s not what we want. A shaman player should care about totems and use them often. Obviously being able to drop four totems on one global cooldown is a pretty decent buff to the class as a whole, which will require some balance attention.

One longer-term change we are considering is removing the buff totems (replacing them with normal spells) and making all of the totems do something more active, like the current damage or healing totems. We’ve even discussed letting shamans carry a totem on their back (the tauren do it already) but that may be too far out there.

Q. Is the change in how shamans are used situational only as we move forward into the next encounters, or is this a shift in philosophy as to the role of the shaman in raids?

A: Elemental shamans have had a couple of opportunities to shine in Ulduar -- blowing up constructs on Ignis is one example. We try to make sure the encounters are diverse enough that the same classes aren’t always in the spotlight on every encounter, but we also don’t want to constrain our encounter designers’ creativity too much. Elemental may suffer from so many fights in Ulduar requiring movement. Also, while we have given Elemental strong AoE in the form of the Magma Totem, some players feel like this comes at too high a cost to their buffs and mobility, so this is something we’ll look at.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...30193271&sid=1
Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #1578
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

http://www.wow.com/2009/06/10/upcoming-mount-changes/

Yessss. Maybe now I'll finally level up my ALLIANCE shaman so I can have one on the same server as my drood.

ImEric12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #1579
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sigh. Just when I finally decided to buy the faction mounts, they go and cut the costs by 90%.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #1580
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Odds people will get gold based on number of currently purchased mounts as a refund, zero? or elss than zero?
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote