Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-9-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default re: dinglesberry / sc_coolguy

this is in reply to my post about www.gab.ai which again is completely worth joining. I realize the thread was closed, but I do want to clarify a few aspects of it so that no one has the wrong impression

@dinglesberry, a few things:

1. FFR has always (as in, since 2002) been a FFR/SM forum, and I play SM at least 3x/week. I am in fact one of the few still-active players from 2002-2005 that I know of. specifically, I am working on chart for the Stepman controller, but am in the midst of a master's degree at the moment. videos below:
--- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvpk4w-iouY

--- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7N9raRXU04

so no, I do still play the game and am not cashing in on anything. this is probably the least profitable way to make money I can think of. (trust me, if I wanted money, I'd take my clothes off somewhere.)

2. I actually didn't mean to post this here, I was operating on muscle memory and confused "FFR general" for "Chit Chat" as that is where Chit Chat used to be. legitimate mistake.

@sc_guy

1. I am not a psychology major. I am a master's student in philosophy and I did about a psych major's worth of reading in undergrad, but didn't formally major in it because I find child development courses breathtakingly boring and those were the bulk of my electives.

2. "I don't see why you needed to be born" is not, even remotely, the same thing as telling someone to kill themselves. none of us needed to be born. this is a neutral thing to say.

3. I googled your comment because I legitimately thought it was copypasta. you are -way- overestimating the degree to which people (a) think about you, (b) anticipate your reactions, and (c) are affected by what you say. whatever you rate these, on a scale of 1-10, drop it by 80-90% and you'll be closer to an accurate perception of your peers.

sc - you really need someone who will deeply listen to your problems; not necessarily a therapist, but at least a confidant. no one would post that sort of stuff if they were properly calibrated to what other people think.

---

anyway, I just wanted you guys to join gab.ai so I could see what y'all post.

it's a twitter alternative

that's really it, lol
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2016, 01:42 PM   #2
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: dinglesberry / sc_coolguy

Man, put sum respek on it
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2016, 01:43 PM   #3
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

True say brother, no disrespect intended, I didn't know you were still playing and making stuff, hope to see you around the forums more in that case
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2016, 08:27 PM   #4
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
this is in reply to my post about www.gab.ai which again is completely worth joining. I realize the thread was closed, but I do want to clarify a few aspects of it so that no one has the wrong impression

@dinglesberry, a few things:

1. FFR has always (as in, since 2002) been a FFR/SM forum, and I play SM at least 3x/week. I am in fact one of the few still-active players from 2002-2005 that I know of. specifically, I am working on chart for the Stepman controller, but am in the midst of a master's degree at the moment. videos below:
--- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvpk4w-iouY

--- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7N9raRXU04

so no, I do still play the game and am not cashing in on anything. this is probably the least profitable way to make money I can think of. (trust me, if I wanted money, I'd take my clothes off somewhere.)

2. I actually didn't mean to post this here, I was operating on muscle memory and confused "FFR general" for "Chit Chat" as that is where Chit Chat used to be. legitimate mistake.

@sc_guy

1. I am not a psychology major. I am a master's student in philosophy and I did about a psych major's worth of reading in undergrad, but didn't formally major in it because I find child development courses breathtakingly boring and those were the bulk of my electives.

2. "I don't see why you needed to be born" is not, even remotely, the same thing as telling someone to kill themselves. none of us needed to be born. this is a neutral thing to say.

3. I googled your comment because I legitimately thought it was copypasta. you are -way- overestimating the degree to which people (a) think about you, (b) anticipate your reactions, and (c) are affected by what you say. whatever you rate these, on a scale of 1-10, drop it by 80-90% and you'll be closer to an accurate perception of your peers.

sc - you really need someone who will deeply listen to your problems; not necessarily a therapist, but at least a confidant. no one would post that sort of stuff if they were properly calibrated to what other people think.

---

anyway, I just wanted you guys to join gab.ai so I could see what y'all post.

it's a twitter alternative

that's really it, lol
You don't know much about me. I have lots of people who listen to my problems. Properly calibrated to what other people think? You mean only think your narcissistic ways?
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2016, 08:32 PM   #5
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 View Post
You don't know much about me. I have lots of people who listen to my problems. Properly calibrated to what other people think? You mean only think your narcissistic ways?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZSXnrbs_k

No hate though brother I like you, you donkey kong ass avatar havin' dude, I think we all need to have a fun time playing arrow-game.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 10-9-2016 at 08:34 PM..
Old 10-9-2016, 09:13 PM   #6
blanky!
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to blanky!

Let's get out of our positive feedback loops of negativity and start thinking positively (with hopefully a negative feedback loop on that...)
blanky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2016, 09:30 PM   #7
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanky! View Post
Let's get out of our positive feedback loops of negativity and start thinking positively (with hopefully a negative feedback loop on that...)
The only loops I know are the infinite, brother. Oh yeah and also the ones where you mess up the bounds, are using C, start accessing memory you shouldn't be, and delete your entire life, but that's another point. You confused my peanut brain :/

Like whats a feedback loop, ugh now I need to read about this psychology mumbo jumbo