Old 01-21-2016, 05:54 PM   #61
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,043
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
Objectively beneficial by what metric?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
Take any economics 101 class and you'll understand this. If people specialized in particular jobs, they would collectively get more done. A basic math problem can demonstrate proof of concept on a micro-level. On a larger scale, it's much easier to observe through example: It's completely unfeasible and absurd to imagine that a single human being is capable of producing a modern computer from circuit components, let alone nature. Yet humanity as a whole has not only done that, but can also mass produce it on a level that makes it accessible for most any middle-class person.
Clearly you ignored this entire paragraph.

If you're going to nitpick "objectively beneficial" I'm pretty sure your words are far more questionable:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
love nourishes the soul, and a man without love is a man with a tormented soul. I am not speaking of physical love, but of love that comes from the soul.
Your pretense of love is fallacious. Nourishes by what metric? Saying that "love nourishes the soul" may sound nice to you, but your notion of "the soul" rests on faulty grounds. To say that your opinion of what is a soul is correct is arrogance. You need to elaborate on your notion of "love and soul". Simply saying that love nourishes the soul doesn't make it so.


This is why we think you're full of shit and do not belong here. You're using big fancy words, but you can't even form a basic argument with them. You completely ignore what anyone else says and just spew shitty fallacious arguments that in theory could apply to anything. You care more about how the words sound than their content.




__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 01-21-2016 at 06:04 PM..
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 01-21-2016, 06:06 PM   #62
Deadlyx39
FFR Player
 
Deadlyx39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,016
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
I want another DJ hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline  
Old 01-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #63
-JiZ53-
FFR Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 199
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
Clearly you ignored this entire paragraph.

If you're going to nitpick "objectively beneficial" I'm pretty sure your words are far more questionable:


Your pretense of love is fallacious. Nourishes by what metric? Saying that "love nourishes the soul" may sound nice to you, but your notion of "the soul" rests on faulty grounds. To say that your opinion of what is a soul is correct is arrogance. You need to elaborate on your notion of "love and soul". Simply saying that love nourishes the soul doesn't make it so.


This is why we think you're full of shit and do not belong here. You're using big fancy words, but you can't even form a basic argument with them. You completely ignore what anyone else says and just spew shitty fallacious arguments that in theory could apply to anything.



You completely avoided my question and point. The difference between what I said and what you said, is that I did not claim that my statement was objective. If you get something from my statement on love, cool. If you don't get anything from it, cool. The fact that man has created the computer is no proof of the objective benefit that you claim. Again, your notion of objectivity is fallacious. The entire crux of your arguement is fallacious. This is not about me, this is about you making a mockery of the word "objective". You think that throwing that word around gives your argument any authority?



also, when I say that love nourishes the soul, I am referring to a physical process that CAN be measured objectively. for being in love does cause changes in the brain/body(soul). these changes and their effects on an individuals perception/state of being are what I refer to when I speak of nourishment of the soul. I don't like to speak of such beautiful things using dry language though. you can describe a spring breeze as a 15mph gust from the sw, but feeling the breeze on your skin is another thing entirely.



and to elaborate on my concept of the soul(I don't care to debate this btw, I have thought about this for years and my ideas have only grown stronger. if you find my ideas disagreeable then good for you, you wont change what I know) I believe the soul is the energy that animates us. we are a medium through which the forces of life are expressed. these ancient energies that animate us have existed forever and will continue to exist after our bodies have lost their form. we are instruments and the soul is music. our forms will die and never will "we" play music again.... but that which played through us will continue into the abyss and will make sweet music forever more.

Last edited by -JiZ53-; 01-21-2016 at 10:15 PM..
-JiZ53- is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 12:40 AM   #64
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,043
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
You completely avoided my question and point. The difference between what I said and what you said, is that I did not claim that my statement was objective. If you get something from my statement on love, cool. If you don't get anything from it, cool. The fact that man has created the computer is no proof of the objective benefit that you claim. Again, your notion of objectivity is fallacious. The entire crux of your arguement is fallacious. This is not about me, this is about you making a mockery of the word "objective". You think that throwing that word around gives your argument any authority?
Yes let's have a rational debate and not be allowed to make objective claims. Because they are arrogant and fallacious. Good thinking, that makes sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
I don't like to speak of such beautiful things using dry language though.
The purpose here is to convince people with argument, not be the reincarnation of Shakespeare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
You care more about how the words sound than their content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
and to elaborate on my concept of the soul(I don't care to debate this btw, I have thought about this for years and my ideas have only grown stronger. if you find my ideas disagreeable then good for you, you wont change what I know) I believe the soul is the energy that animates us. we are a medium through which the forces of life are expressed. these ancient energies that animate us have existed forever and will continue to exist after our bodies have lost their form. we are instruments and the soul is music. our forms will die and never will "we" play music again.... but that which played through us will continue into the abyss and will make sweet music forever more.



If that isn't perfect prediction of someone's response then I don't know what is.
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 01-22-2016 at 02:10 AM..
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #65
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,043
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

You seriously just made another account just to downvote my profile?



I've pointed out several times in this thread that you do shit like this and you continue to do exactly what I predict. Good job LMAO


edit: im fkin dying send help
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by PrawnSkunk; 01-22-2016 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: Requested to remove personal photo
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 09:57 AM   #66
-JiZ53-
FFR Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 199
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

You still have managed to avoid my point and have instead posted pictures of me withput my permission. You are not interested in debate. You are interested in pretense and lies. You have not been able to counter my posts regarding your concept of "objectiviy" and instead have tried to make this about me. You are not the genius you think you are. You are average at best. You use words like "objective", "word salad" and "semantics" incorrectly. You have a lot to learn, child.
-JiZ53- is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #67
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dashoe93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Single
Age: 27
Posts: 2,905
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Jiz, you literally went out of your way to insult me and stargroup because you were losing an argument.

From my tgb thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
Nobody cares. Go fuck yourself
Why are you still trying to debate anything when you even give evidence that you don't know what else to do but downvote profiles and throw out derogatory statements. You're more delusional than I am right now. Stop.

Last edited by dashoe93; 01-22-2016 at 10:50 AM..
dashoe93 is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 10:57 AM   #68
-JiZ53-
FFR Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 199
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashoe93 View Post
Jiz, you literally went out of your way to insult me and stargroup because you were losing an argument.

From my tgb thread:


Why are you still trying to debate anything when you even give evidence that you don't know what else to do but downvote profiles and throw out derogatory statements. You're more delusional than I am right now. Stop.
If you have an issue with me, take it to tgb. There has been no evidence given. Again, simply saying that something is a certain way doesn't make it so. I guess this has become the antagonize jiz thread. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post. If I got your panties in a bunch in tgb, sorry dude..I guess you'll just have to deal with ot
-JiZ53- is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 12:04 PM   #69
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,043
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

You still have managed to avoid my point and have instead tried to deflect the problem back at me. You are not interested in debate. You are interested in listening to yourself talk. You have not been able to counter my posts addressing everything wrong with your arguments and instead have tried to make this about me. You are not the genius you think you are. You are an idiot at best. You use words like "soul", "pretense" and "fallacious" incorrectly. You have a lot to learn, child.
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #70
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,043
Default Re: why should we care about other people?




__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 12:17 PM   #71
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dashoe93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Single
Age: 27
Posts: 2,905
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
If you have an issue with me, take it to tgb. There has been no evidence given. Again, simply saying that something is a certain way doesn't make it so. I guess this has become the antagonize jiz thread. If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post. If I got your panties in a bunch in tgb, sorry dude..I guess you'll just have to deal with ot
I haven't contributed a damn thing, but it's still more than the garbage you spew out daily. I wonder if my post will suddenly make you hostile on my profile page where you think it means anything. It doesn't. Or perhaps create a "dahoe93" account to give yourself a giggle. If you are losing a debate, and literally everyone else in the thread sees it, give up. Accept it, and move on. If you're really getting all worked up over a thread, I'd hate to see you encounter actual real life problems.

And don't even tell me that your Jimmies aren't rustled, because there's so much evidence proving that they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
That's ok because nobody really cares about your posts anyway shoe boy
And you keep adding to it. It's hilarious. I don't even have to do anything to prove this.

Last edited by dashoe93; 01-22-2016 at 12:18 PM..
dashoe93 is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 04:18 PM   #72
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher
 
MinaciousGrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: nima
Posts: 4,281
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post
dude sorry to break it to you but this is how everyone sees your posts too

go blame it on the wrath of god or some other similarly retarded copout

or maybe you can take some time out of your insanely productive life to realize you're a shit poster who has never contributed positively to any discussion ever and either stop posting or figure out how to not make comments so inane that despite the wealth of other retards on these forums i have been driven to single you out as the most fucking worthless of them all

in fact if we assigned point value the to functional meaning/worth of statements your entire posting history would sum to 0

in conclusion: fuck you
MinaciousGrace is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #73
Spenner
Forum User
Sectional Moderator
 
Spenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Posts: 2,392
Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Holy shit this thread is evolving into the a perfect epitome of the theme of the title. We're all turning on one another.

For my contribution, I think you should evaluate people on an individual basis, and see if there is a mutual acceptance of one another, comparative empathy, and then decide if you want to make sacrifices of any sort, or start on any tit-for-tat kind of interaction. By default, have a bit of vigilance but always understand the underlying potential for people to be part of reciprocal altruism, or straight up feeling good about being around other people who have the common grounds of being human, and living a confusing but interesting life.
__________________

Spenner is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #74
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Veteran
 
TheSaxRunner05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 6,050
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

-JiZ53- went to the "Donald Trump School" of "How to form an argument"
__________________


TheSaxRunner05 is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #75
-JiZ53-
FFR Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 199
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

If you are impressed by stargroup's constant red herrings and ad hominem then I think you might have gone to the terry schaivo school of critical thinking
-JiZ53- is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #76
_Zenith_
Misslord Extraordinare
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
_Zenith_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Connecticut
Age: 25
Posts: 4,536
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
If you are impressed by stargroup's constant red herrings and ad hominem then I think you might have gone to the terry schaivo school of critical thinking
Still awaiting that lock.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
and then you realize retaining skill is like 95% of the game after d7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Getting Charu upset is like having Gandhi punching his children.





_Zenith_ is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 07:14 PM   #77
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,043
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
Holy shit this thread is evolving into the a perfect epitome of the theme of the title. We're all turning on one another.
no its only jiz
__________________
Rhythm Simulation Guide
Comments, criticism, suggestions, contributions, etc. are all welcome.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #78
Spenner
Forum User
Sectional Moderator
 
Spenner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Posts: 2,392
Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

He's kind of a central image of the thread and is in a sense orchestrating the chaos, of which we are all instruments playing in tune. So perhaps it's just a ripple effect, Jiz is like a pebble dropping into the FFR pond. However I don't think he's purely instigating, he's just a unique character with a bit of sociopathy.

Metaphors.

For the record, I care about people for many reasons :o) even Jiz. Do I have too much empathy? Yes. But I wouldn't trade it for hatred.
__________________


Last edited by Spenner; 01-22-2016 at 07:46 PM..
Spenner is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #79
ilikexd
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,138
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
However I don't think he's purely instigating, he's just a unique character with a bit of sociopathy.
No, he's clearly trolling. He did this before, and he trolls/instigates on this website all the time.

Stargroup already knows that and even pointed it out in his first reply, so why this thread managed to generate all this discussion is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
Unfortunately though, similar to the other thread, I don't think the author of the opening post actually cares enough about discussion, and really just wants to post vapid pseudo-philosophical cliches for attention.
ilikexd is offline  
Old 01-22-2016, 09:13 PM   #80
Frank Munoz
Vophie
FFR Veteran
 
Frank Munoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 27
Posts: 1,963
Default Re: why should we care about other people?

FFR"Mania"
__________________
Frank Munoz is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution