Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default It's Devonin! - AMA

So yeah, if you are just trolling, I'll ignore you and probably ban you for trolling :P If you're being excessively personal, crude, or gross, I'll probably respond with a topical webcomic instead of an answer, but other than that, go nuts.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: It's Devonin! - AMA

Every time I see your avatar, I just imagine you sometimes wear something similar in that image.

Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Every time I see your avatar, I just imagine you sometimes wear something similar in that image.

Is this true?
I have never dressed like a mountie, though I -am- very grave indeed.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

least favorite type of philosopher?

(example: for me, it's definitely solipsists)
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

What are your opinions on the community and has it changed and if so, how?

What does the name Devonin mean or does it mean anything?

Why are you "very grave indeed"?

If there's one thing you could change about FFR what would you change and why?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

This isn't meant to sound mean or anything, but how did you get to be a mod then admin on this site?

I'm not saying you're bad at it, I just don't know where you came from. I was all over this site for years and I literally never heard of you until you became a mod, which was like in 2008 or 2009
Rebirth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
least favorite type of philosopher?

(example: for me, it's definitely solipsists)
I've never met a real solipsist. It's pretty much impossible to sustain in the face of anybody actually pointing out the flaws. I generally dislike 'ignorant' philosophers but that doesn't really count. I guess rabidly religious philosophers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere
What are your opinions on the community and has it changed and if so, how?
The community here is very...varied. It's interesting that with such a comparatively small number of active users to total users, there are so many kinds of people here, including people who have no interest whatsoever in a rhythm game with arrows. As I get older, I feel like the average user of FFR stays about the same age, so I suppose I find it a little less engaging as time goes by.

Quote:
What does the name Devonin mean or does it mean anything?
I made it up when I was 12 years old for a D&D character when I first joined the RPGA. I'm absolutely horrible at coming up with names for characters, so I basically use this one for everything. Almost every (but not every) Devonin on the internet is actually me.

Quote:
Why are you "very grave indeed"?
I'm just naturally a very serious person. I actually have a great sense of humour, it is just EXTREMELY dry, and usually based on fairly obscure wordplay and culture references. Since it seems I'm usually kept around here to be the Vice-Principal and scare all the kids into behaving, it bleeds into my general personality as I portray it on the site, but I'm actually a fairly chill guy in real life.

Quote:
If there's one thing you could change about FFR what would you change and why?
I'd resync and reskin the Synth songs and put them back into the general categories and make them count for stats. I don't think we need to keep poor quality files in the game for nostalgia, and some of my favourite songs to listen to and play are bluenote songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0
This isn't meant to sound mean or anything, but how did you get to be a mod then admin on this site?

I'm not saying you're bad at it, I just don't know where you came from. I was all over this site for years and I literally never heard of you until you became a mod, which was like in 2008 or 2009
I don't think you're being mean.

I made my first forum post in April 2007, in Critical Thinking. I got noticed by then current forum mod Guidohunter as being a reasonable and logical person who actually spoke in full sentences and brought up interesting points. I posted almost exclusively in Critical Thinking for months, and in October 2007, I was offered to be local mod of the CT forum.

After 4 months of doing that, I was promoted in February of 2008 to a full site moderator. I moderated the forums, posting a lot, and being involved in some CT events, and other things, until the site went down. I worked a lot with Tass on ways to make the forums work better, and just generally help foster the community on the forums. I was also a chat mod at that time, if simply because supermoderators got chat mod powers automatically.

When the site came back up, I was around and on the scene in the first couple days, and was involved in several of the conversations between Synthlight, Sprite-, Aperson and Myself, where we were talking about what would be the actual course of the site now that it was back up.

I offered my services in any way they could be used, and the decision was made, for good or ill, to give me an administrator's position and put me in charge of forum management, alongside Sprite- who was taking on a lot of the general community management on top of the programming.

Basically: I was here for a while, made good posts, proved that I was reasonable and mature, was made a local forum mod, proved I was good at moderating, was made a site mod, and just gradually was involved enough in how things were running, that when the site came back up from the downtime, I was a reasonable person to consider putting in a community administration role.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

What is your opinion of The Garbage Bin
dragonmegaXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
Izzy
Snek

How do you feel about me as a person?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

east coast or west coast
Old 09-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

What is the most interesting book you have read?
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #12
JiZ69
Banned

What is your opinion on Afghan resistance to N.A.T.O. and U.S. occupation?
JiZ69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #13
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
What is your opinion of The Garbage Bin
For whatever reason, every community has a segment of users who just can't bear to only post actual useful, reasonable, contributory things. There are always people who just must be idiots. There's no way around it, and it is basically the reason why forums need more than one moderator. Without them, you'd just need someone to delete bots, and clean up after people's occasional meltdowns and drunk posting binges. The Garbage Bin is actually an incredibly useful place, because there is an understanding between the staff and that particular subgroup of user, that if they keep their garbage posting in TGB, nobody is going to give them shit for it. It keeps the rest of the forum tidy, and helps mitigate the horrible impression of the community that they'd be giving to new users otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
How do you feel about me as a person?
You think you're better than most of the users of the site, and have no qualms whatsoever about presenting yourself that way. And it's a shame. Because if you spent less time trying to look impressive and cool, and more time just hanging out with people, you'd seem a lot more impressive and cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommisar
east coast or west coast
Illidelph is like the sun, cuz we shine with rhymes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI
What is the most interesting book you have read?
Hunh...that's a tough one. I read so many books that plenty have things to recommend them as being really interesting. I'd probably have to go with Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle as just having the most neat stuff going on, or any of Bernard Cornwel's historical fiction for also being educational while they entertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiZ69
Sorry what was that?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #14
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Do you remember the simfile collaboration we started eons ago (perhaps 2008), if so, would like to try again to get a simfile into the game?
You seemed rather interested in the concept of stepping "back in the day".
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
You think you're better than most of the users of the site, and have no qualms whatsoever about presenting yourself that way. And it's a shame. Because if you spent less time trying to look impressive and cool, and more time just hanging out with people, you'd seem a lot more impressive and cool.
Wow what. How.. eh? The only word that comes to mind is flabbergasted. I've never in my entire life attempted to be cool... So confused by this analysis right now. Coming from anyone else I'd probably think they were an idiot, but since it is you I am literally just shocked.

Edit: Thanks devonin, this is going to bother me for the rest of the day.

Last edited by Izzy; 09-18-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Questions to devonin:

How good do you think you are as an admin?

Favorite user on here?

Name of your first animal?

Thoughts on jelly bean candies?

Why are FFR mod/admin stuff such scrt bsns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Wow what. How.. eh? The only word that comes to mind is flabbergasted. I've never in my entire life attempted to be cool... So confused by this analysis right now. Coming from anyone else I'd probably think they were an idiot, but since it is you I am literally just shocked.

Very Grave Indeed
Old 09-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #17
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

What do you think of me as a user on this site?
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #18
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Do you remember the simfile collaboration we started eons ago (perhaps 2008), if so, would like to try again to get a simfile into the game?
You seemed rather interested in the concept of stepping "back in the day".
Ahaha, wow yeah. That takes me back. I had stepped a few files of stuff we didn't have permission for and put them in the simfile database. Sadly they are gone forever. I haven't stepped anything in forever. Don't even have stepmania on my system anymore, but sure, I could probably get in on trying to step something some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy

It wasn't intended to be offensive or upsetting, but you asked me my opinion. You're very confident and assertive when you post, but often jump onto bandwagons trolling people you'd be better off ignoring, and tend to post in the various threads like the WoW thread with mostly self-aggrandizing things, and seeming like you're waiting for people to be impressed. It's not like I hate you or something, just you seem to be caring more about what internet strangers think about you on a rhythm game site than you ought to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateandhatred
How good do you think you are as an admin?
I think I barely administrate anything, and since most users associate admins with coding, and I don't code anything, by those standards I'm a terrible admin. However, I think I'm an excellent moderator, and generally consider myself to be a pretty good fit for the job of running the forums, and handling user issues about the community.

Quote:
Favorite user on here?
You're like my children, I hate all of you equally and want to just lock you in your rooms until you're 18.

Quote:
Name of your first animal?
She was a Golden Lab named Sky.

Quote:
Thoughts on jelly bean candies?
I enjoy them, and also don't mind the black jellybeans everyone seems to hate.

Quote:
Why are FFR mod/admin stuff such scrt bsns?
Really? scrt bsns? I think we're actually pretty open about most of what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subin
What do you think of me as a person or user of this site?
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you
What do you think of me as a user on this site?
Honestly I don't know enough about either of you to have formed any kind of opinion.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #19
Izzy
Snek

Quote:
It wasn't intended to be offensive or upsetting, but you asked me my opinion. You're very confident and assertive when you post, but often jump onto bandwagons trolling people you'd be better off ignoring, and tend to post in the various threads like the WoW thread with mostly self-aggrandizing things, and seeming like you're waiting for people to be impressed. It's not like I hate you or something, just you seem to be caring more about what internet strangers think about you on a rhythm game site than you ought to.
You are just confusing me even more and more. I generally post very simple / obvious conclusions with basically no subtext or implications. I think you are reading into to something that isn't there.

You are describing someone that is the complete opposite of who I am. So I am really confused as to where you are getting this idea from.

Seems really weird that you would have thought of me like this for so many years.

Last edited by Izzy; 09-18-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 09-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #20
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
You're like my children, I hate all of you equally and want to just lock you in your rooms until you're 18.
I dun wanna go to my room.

Jumping on the wagon. What do you think of me as a person?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote