Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-9-2017, 10:23 PM   #11
llNeputell
FFR Player

Default Re: Benguin's Rates Tourney #2 (Registration Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Introducing,

Benguin's Rate Tourney #2: Gotta Go Fast~

Round 1 Starts 12/16, 10pm Server Time
(Signups open till end of Round 1)

[Spreadsheet Link Here]

What is this all about?
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been involved with the site (too much adulting in the way). Anyways, it seems there's been a decline in user-run tournaments as of late and I thought some people would be itching to have some fun playing the game again!

Last time, I ran a rates tournament (with the help of Xelnya) and I'm hoping to bring you guys yet another rates tournament! The rules/formats have changed considerably since last time to hopefully make the tournament more enjoyable so please take the time to read the details below!

How do I register?
Simply post in the thread that you would like to participate! You may register at any time between now and the end of the first round.

How will this tournament work?
1) This is an culmulative style tournament with 6 rounds. The existence of divisions will be determined on the number of participants.
2) At the start of each round, the name of the round's file and a randomly generated integer X between the value of 10 and 100 will be posted.
3) You will play the file on the highest rate possible while trying to get at most X goods. Misses/Averages/Boos are also ok as long as your raw score is equivalent to X goods or less.
4) For the purposes of scoring, your rate IS your score. Any score that has more than the equivalent of X goods will be given a score of zero.
5) Rates must be in 0.05 increments. If your rate is not divisible by 0.05, we will round your rate DOWN to the nearest 0.05.
6) At the end of the tournament, for each participant we will sum up their best score from each round. The participant with the highest sum in each division wins!

How do submissions work?
1) Submissions will be via screenshot submissions. After you finish the file, take a screenshot of the result, making sure to include your username and timestamp. Afterwards, post your submission in the thread.
2) Replays are not a valid form of submission.
3) You may submit as many times as you want during the duration of the round in an attempt to improve your score. Your best score for that round will be taken when determining your final score for that round.

Cheating?
Don't.

What division will I be placed in?
Due to the general amount of activity this site has these days...I am worried about not having enough participants. If there are enough participants, divisions will be determined as given in the next paragraph. Otherwise, the tournament will be a single division tournament (although we will have suitable participation prizes for those that stick around to the end).

For preliminary placements, we will use the FFR leaderboards here in order to place you. Based on your levelranks/replays/etc, we reserve the right to move you to another division we feel is more appropriate if need be.

Credits/Prizes
We will be starting off the tournament with 250,000 credits. We will happily accept donations of both the credit and non-credit variety. We will add your contribution to the list once we have received it. Credit distributions will be determined at the end of the tournament.

Late Scores
We will allow people to submit late scores with a penalty of -0.11x per round that the score is late. Late scores must be submitted before the end of the final round to be eligible for participation prizes.

Song Choices
For each round, a song from the difficulty ranges listed below will be picked.
Round 1: 1-30
Round 2: 31-50
Round 3: 51-65
Round 4: 66-75
Round 5: 76-85
Round 6: 86-95

Questions/Concerns
Any questions about the tournament can be sent either myself (reuben_tate) via PM. Alternatively, you can post in the thread as well and I'll respond appropriately.

Participant list

11brendon
PrawnSkunk
Walrusizer
One Winged Angel
ositzxz369
Pizza69
mrpreggers
Fantasticone
Tarrik
-Blue7-
rushyrulz