Old 06-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf
Default Dieting for the lazy

Alright so this is basically going to be a repost from the fitness thread, but I think something like this warrants a thread. Feel free to throw around opinions on how to make this easier for yourself, or really any other suggestion to cater this type of diet to your needs.

Just as an update from the original post, I've been currently dieting this way for roughly two weeks and my overall quality of life has improved greatly. My lifts in the gym are right where I want them to be going into my cut and not having to cook on a daily basis is making it much easier for me to enjoy what I love doing the most, which is gaming for prolonged periods of time.

Anyway, here's the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCWolf View Post
So I'm looking to restructure my diet. How I cook, when I cook, and how to prevent any kind of cheating. My goal will be to consistently hit my daily goals without needing to spend any extra money to help me attain said goals.

First thing I plan on doing is getting roughly 14 tupperware containers, enough to get me 2 full meals per day. The tupperware containers I currently have will serve as extras for snacks that I can pack for work (sandwiches, almonds, granola bars, etc.).

Second thing I plan on doing is either getting a bodybuilding backpack (one designed specifically for storing food, among other things) or a big-ass lunch box that can hold all the tupperware.

Thirdly, I plan on cooking a weeks worth of meals in advance. This would basically be every Sunday after work. I would get home around 5PM, cook until 8PM-ish. I would cook one meal of brown rice with chicken breast and another of possibly potatoes and sirloin beef. What I plan on eating that day or the next, I put in the fridge. Anything else would go in the deep freeze. This would prevent any of the food going bad from sitting in the fridge. I'd be turning most of my food into Walt Disney until I'm ready to eat it.

All of this in collaboration will keep things much more organized, and almost perfect enough for me to easily assess a plateau and what needs to be done to overcome it. Having my diet perfectly down makes everything I do in the gym much easier to track.

The reason I've decided to do this is because I'm lazy as shit. My diet has been slipping for the past few months, and my "lean" bulk that I've managed to maintain for 2 years is getting less... Lean. I've certainly lost about 4lbs of LBM, and gained about 4lbs of fat, that seems as though it's situated itself conveniently on my abdomen (4lbs is too much idc what any of you say). I may do a small cut (5-10lbs) to get myself to about 9-10% body fat. Having my new diet plan in place will make the next time I "lean bulk" much easier. This will allow me maximum time sitting on my ass throughout the week, while still hitting all my macros.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Dieting for the lazy

the tupperware thing is genius. I'd copy that idea if I had the fridge space.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Typically you only ever have 2 in the fridge at a time. You'd put the rest in your deepfreeze until you're ready to eat them (basically take them out the night before).

If you don't have a deepfreeze, then GG.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:54 AM   #4
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
If you don't have a deepfreeze, then GG.
Nobody needs one in Canada.

I heavily (leanly?) approve of this. I had a system going while I lived in Moscow where I'd over-make food specifically to have leftovers for future meals. That way, I didn't have to brave the communal kitchen as often, and it let me focus my time on studying (read: exploring).

I shared a very small freezer with a roommate, so it wasn't feasible to make a week's worth of meals in advance, but one of the greatest purchases I made there was a set of tupperware (and also some almost-illegally sharp paring knives). I despised leftovers as a child, but I now understand their merits.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

This guy, straight up stealing my ideas.

Whenever I cook, I usually like to slow cook it or use a really big pan on the stove so I can mass produce a weeks worth of meals. Most stuff keeps well for at least 4 days, so I stick it all in the fridge and my meals are all ready for me. It's the best thing ever, especially if it's stuff that reheats well.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
This guy, straight up stealing my ideas.

Whenever I cook, I usually like to slow cook it or use a really big pan on the stove so I can mass produce a weeks worth of meals. Most stuff keeps well for at least 4 days, so I stick it all in the fridge and my meals are all ready for me. It's the best thing ever, especially if it's stuff that reheats well.
Yeah, I remember consulting you about how you cook your meals and stuff, but the way you do it wouldn't work for me so I changed it up a bit. The whole "put it in the fridge" thing didn't work because even at only one pre-cooked meal per day, by day three my chicken would smell like ass and the rice would be awful. Freezing the meals works much, much better for me. Also there is no way I could fit 14 meals in my shared fridge :P
Old 06-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #7
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

I will freeze anything at risk of going bad.

Chicken and rice lasts 4 days in my fridge.

Though I don't have a little bitch fridge like you so I got a ton of meals in there right now 8)
Old 06-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

breakfast burritos are a good thing to make in bulk. They freeze and reheat very well.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #9
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I will freeze anything at risk of going bad.

Chicken and rice lasts 4 days in my fridge.

Though I don't have a little bitch fridge like you so I got a ton of meals in there right now 8)
My fridge is pretty big, just jam-packed with all of my mom's food and beverages as well. Half the time I'm lucky to squeeze two meals in there lol.

When I move out I plan on having a much better setup compared to what I have currently for storing my food.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:59 PM   #10
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

I remember us having this conversation in Toronto about having meals done for the week

Make sure you freeze what you're going to eat for thursday-sunday because cooked meat is only good for about 3-4 days at most before it starts stankin'. If I was single I'd probably start doing this again too haha.

What's the word on whole germ rice regarding its nutrition? I'm seeing mixed reviews on how it compared to straight up brown rice. I personally have a mix of bulgur wheat and quinoa for starch every second day. I also only buy frozen vegetables if they're not fresh. I can't even imagine how much shit is boiled out of canned goods.

I'm also having a hard time figuring out what's best for breakfast foods. I'm a gigantic ****** and eat a massive breakfast with 0 consideration for the amount of fat and sugar I consume hueheuiehueheuehuehuehueh. Usually consists of:

-baked beans
-Toast with shrimp spread
-Curried eggs (sometimes just egg whites depends)
-Banana/apple/strawberry/spinach/avocado/orange/coconut yogurt smoothie
-gluten free muffin (literally the only reason I eat this is because it's the only store made muffin that has no milk ingredients in it rip allergy)
Old 06-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #11
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Usually a breakfast burrito with eggs, cheese and chorizo tends to be good for breakfast, with potatoes on nice occasions.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #12
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Banana and water. I'm not huge with breakfast most days.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
What's the word on whole germ rice regarding its nutrition? I'm seeing mixed reviews on how it compared to straight up brown rice.
It doesn't really matter to be completely honest. Both will get the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
I'm also having a hard time figuring out what's best for breakfast foods. I'm a gigantic ****** and eat a massive breakfast with 0 consideration for the amount of fat and sugar I consume hueheuiehueheuehuehuehueh. Usually consists of:

-baked beans
-Toast with shrimp spread
-Curried eggs (sometimes just egg whites depends)
-Banana/apple/strawberry/spinach/avocado/orange/coconut yogurt smoothie
-gluten free muffin (literally the only reason I eat this is because it's the only store made muffin that has no milk ingredients in it rip allergy)
Your breakfasts seem fine to me. Just make sure what you're eating matches what your caloric and macro-nutrient goals are for the day. If you have set goals for your macro-nutrients, you can literally eat whatever you want in the run of a day as long as you're meeting said goals. Calories included. MyFitnessPal is super helpful if you have a smart phone. It will allow you track macros, calories, etc., very easily.

There are a ton of resources online about macros and finding percentages/numbers that work ideally for you. I'll look into making a thread about it soon-ish with videos etc.

My typical breakfast consists of Vector with almond milk and a Costco bagel with peanut butter.

Last edited by SCWolf; 06-11-2014 at 08:47 PM..
SCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #14
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

i didn't think there were many others who drank almond milk

i love that stuff, but what are the nutrition facts on it.. i just mix it with some ground vegetable mix (you know the asian shit) whenever i'm hungry and can't be bothered to cook

probably not healthy at all for me l0l
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #15
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
MyFitnessPal is super helpful if you have a smart phone. It will allow you track macros, calories, etc., very easily.
I started using this about two months ago and it definitely helps. I've met a lot of great people in the community too that help me out if I'm having a rough week or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:49 AM   #16
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.D.D View Post
i love that stuff, but what are the nutrition facts on it.. i just mix it with some ground vegetable mix (you know the asian shit) whenever i'm hungry and can't be bothered to cook

probably not healthy at all for me l0l
I drink it because it's easy calories. It's fine, it won't hurt you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I started using this about two months ago and it definitely helps. I've met a lot of great people in the community too that help me out if I'm having a rough week or something.
That's pretty sweet. I knew there was a whole community based around the app, I just never really looked into it, as I use MFP as basically a calculator lol. Glad it helps though. Makes life a lot easier.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:57 AM   #17
dragon890x
☆Ξ Phantasy Star Legend Ξ☆
FFR Veteran

Quote:
There are a ton of resources online about macros and finding percentages/numbers that work ideally for you. I'll look into making a thread about it soon-ish with videos etc.
I tried doing the whole macro percentages before and failed miserably.

I'm really looking forward to reading your thread, man. I could use the guidance.

[ Link ]
dragon890x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #18
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon890x View Post
I tried doing the whole macro percentages before and failed miserably.

I'm really looking forward to reading your thread, man. I could use the guidance.
The default/standard percentages (50%, 30%, 20%) aren't really cookie cutter. Your macro-nutrient numbers are highly personal and typically will require some trial and error before you find what works best for you.

The most simplistic way of putting on mass would just be by counting calories and eating fairly healthy. Macros are just a more detailed way of tracking steady progression essentially eliminating major issues with plateaus.

I'll get around to making that thread when I have a good amount of time to spare.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #19
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Still upset that Vector isn't sold here in the States. :(
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #20
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There's got to be something similar in the States. It's a very rare occasion that we have anything that you don't have equal to or better.