New England Patriots 2 4.88%
Other 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #41
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Best team in the NFL?

The Saints have the easiest remaining schedule in football. The only team that would be a challenge for them in the regular season will be the Patriots, who will undoubtedly lose.

As for the post season I have no predictions other than the colts and saints will remain undefeated until they play each other
Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #42
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via MSN to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Yahoo to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Skype™ to duddychuck@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsideman09 View Post
Pittsburgh is better than San Diego.
We'll see, the Chargers are hot right now..... + im a Charger fan so i gotta stick up for them. Yes the Steelers are good but it would be a good match up at this point in the season. The chargers have been the same for the past couple of years, they start off very slow and nobody believes in them, then they have a good game, all the sudden they are definite playoff contenders, meanwhile the broncos start off good then go downhill from there opening a window for the Chargers to win the AFC west, then sadly lose in the playoffs , but you never know whats gonna happen so lets just wait and see.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #43
eastsideman09
poker face
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown View Post
Ready for this?
Saints-Versed crappy ass teams besides the Giants
Colts-Versed team with talent in some sort of way
Patriots-One of the other good times out there besides the Vikings
Bengals-Suprisingly doing good
Saints: If you're counting the Giants as an exception, look in their division at a team that at the moment is doing better than them... New Orleans Dismantled Philly

Colts: They have played tougher teams, but they haven't been as convincing... they barely survived Jacksonville, 49ers, and got lucky against New England... Indy could easily be 6-3. However, the fact that they aren't makes them #2 right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender5 View Post
The Saints have the easiest remaining schedule in football. The only team that would be a challenge for them in the regular season will be the Patriots, who will undoubtedly lose.

As for the post season I have no predictions other than the colts and saints will remain undefeated until they play each other
I wouldn't rule out New England OR Dallas on their schedule, especially since they might start benching players for the post season by the time Dallas rolls in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
We'll see, the Chargers are hot right now..... + im a Charger fan so i gotta stick up for them. Yes the Steelers are good but it would be a good match up at this point in the season. The chargers have been the same for the past couple of years, they start off very slow and nobody believes in them, then they have a good game, all the sudden they are definite playoff contenders, meanwhile the broncos start off good then go downhill from there opening a window for the Chargers to win the AFC west, then sadly lose in the playoffs , but you never know whats gonna happen so lets just wait and see.
Pittsburgh and San Diego already played this year, Pitt won by 10. I don't disagree with you, but both teams have been pretty consistent as far as making it to the post season goes. They're both solid teams. I'd take SD over Denver as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #44
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via MSN to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Yahoo to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Skype™ to duddychuck@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post
I forgot to mention that the Chargers will start there Prow Bowl center Nick Hardwick who got injured in...... I think it was the 1st game. With him back Rivers will have more time in the pocket allowing better decisions and more accurate throws
Old 11-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #45
footbull3196
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to footbull3196

Has anyone ever heard of the Minnesota Vikings?

What about Brett Favre? Adrian Peterson? Jared Allen? Vikings Front Four?
footbull3196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #46
eastsideman09
poker face

We have. They're good, no one's denying, but they aren't the best team in the NFL right now.
Quote:
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Old 11-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #47
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbull3196 View Post

That sounds pretty bias
Old 11-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #48
super kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to super kid Send a message via Yahoo to super kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbull3196 View Post

Yeah, remember when they met the Steelers? I'm sure Brett Favre remembers meeting Lamar Woodley, James Harrison, Brett Keisel, Troy Polamalu etc.
super kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #49
eastsideman09
poker face

I wonder how many votes would be changed in favor of the Saints after tonights game.

1. Saints
2. Colts
3. Vikings
4. Bengals
5. Chargers
Quote:
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Old 12-3-2009, 04:36 PM   #50
fireking550
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fireking550

Let me put this down as quick and simply as i can (which will be quite ****ing huge):

As we all know there are currently eight divisions in the NFL, and by that logic their are eight division leaders. The best team is some where in this pack of eight. The leaders are as follows:

AFC East : New England Patriots
AFC South: Indianapolis Colts
AFC West : San Diego Chargers
AFC North : Cincinnati Bengals
NFC East : Dallas Cowboys
NFC West : Arizona Cardinals
NFC North : Minnesota Vikings
NFC South : New Orleans Saints

I am going to knock off two teams quickly and that would be the Cowboys and the Chargers. The cowboys have been struggling of late, they are in the lead only by a game in their division and their offense just isn't exploding as much as it was. The Chargers started out shaky and have recovered nicely, however they can disappear very quickly if the Broncos right behind them step it up.

So now was are down to the Patriots, Colts, Bengals, Cardinals, Vikings and Saints

I am going to knock out two more now, and that would be the two "Super Dome Showdown" Teams, The Patriots and the Saints. The patriots have not shown the greatness on offense that they once did and the Defense is too you to stop a good Qb as Drew Brees Kindly showed us. However, The saints are not as good as i think their 11-0 record has led us to believe. Their biggest win so far this year is from the Eagles in week 2, they have not played a single division leader or any real contenders from last years playoffs (dolphins don't count). They are improved i give you that, but to say they are the best is a far reach.

Now down to four, Colts, Bengals, Cardinals, and the Vikings.

I am going to knock off two that you probably wouldn't expect, the Cardinals and the Colts. Thats right, I have got rid off both Undefeated teams. The colts have been playing well, their offense is in full Gear and Defense is slowing down most Offenses. Big Problem, they have five consecutive games in which they needed to come back in the fourth quarter. As fas i know, someone will eventually catch up to you at this rate, so i am not buying into them yet either. The Cardinals have a better defense this year but the Injury to Kurt Warner, the guy who makes the team has also eliminated them. If he gets back ready and healthy i see the possibility off a upset in the playoffs for them.

So we are down to two, the Bengals and the Vikings.

i know what you are saying, "how can you have a 8-3 team as a possible best in the league". Well you ignorant asses, their first lose came off a miracle play to the Bengals, The texans game they did struggle but didn't give about 20 points to anyone until the Raiders who also got a lucky fumble bounce. They are number one in points allowed, 3rd in rushing yards allowed, and 6th in total yards allowed on defense. They swept both the Steelers and the Ravens in their division with their 7th ranked rushing offense. They have the Balanced team and they should be easily 10-1 on the season.

The vikings have the 2nd ranked points offense at 31 points per game, 7th in passing yards, 5th in total yards, and 9th in rushing yards. Farve has totally turned around the offense. Their dense stands 8th in points allowed, 8th in yards allowed, and 2nd in rushing yards allowed. They are one of the most balanced teams in the league right now. They have had a medium schedule, and could easily be undefeated without that bad bounce at Pitts.

My opinion Puts them in this Order (weither you agree or not):

1. Bengals
2. Vikings
3. Colts
4. Saints
5. Cardinals
6. Chargers
7. Patriots
8. Cowboys

Big Time Boston Fan, Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox, and Patriots, beat that line-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
New mission: I will attempt to get "Meep" banned from my school, as well.
fireking550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2009, 04:42 PM   #51
Vanilla Mnm
cavs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireking550 View Post
1. Bengals
2. Vikings
3. Colts
4. Saints
5. Cardinals
6. Chargers
7. Patriots
8. Cowboys
The Saints have about the same exact stats as the 16-0 Patriots the year they went undefeated. They showed the stats on TV and they looked almost identical. They're a real solid team. They don't have one Wide Receiver in the top 35 Receiving Yards in the NFL. Drew Brees throws to everyone, you never know where he's going. The Cowboys are absolutely not 8th in the league. Did you not see there 7-6 win where they scored in the last like minute to beat Washington? Hmm.. I don't care if it was an off week or not, they should be able to take care of that team.

EDIT: Oh & talking about the Saints not playing anyone. Have you seen the Colts? Nevermind division leaders, they've played 2 real teams this year. Every other team most likely won't make the playoffs. Oh wait, Arizona, who isn't that great in my opinion. They beat Baltimore by 2 points and New England on 1 point which honestly, they should've lost.

EDIT2: Another thing about the Saints. You say they haven't played anyone, but they're beating everyone in there way and they just beat New England by 21 points without Reggie Bush, who's another threat to there Offensive. They also had a few Defensive players out. Also, they're beating everyone pretty good.. the way they should be.

Last edited by Vanilla Mnm; 12-3-2009 at 04:46 PM..
Vanilla Mnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2009, 10:43 PM   #52
fireking550
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Mnm View Post
EDIT2: Another thing about the Saints. You say they haven't played anyone, but they're beating everyone in there way and they just beat New England by 21 points without Reggie Bush, who's another threat to there Offensive. They also had a few Defensive players out. Also, they're beating everyone pretty good.. the way they should be.
Thats the Point, their offense is moving in full gear against BAD DEFENSES. If you telling me the pats defense is good with six rookies and two sophmores than you must have hit your head harder than i thought. We knew that they were going to get 38 points their, their defense really didn't do that good either. *but they only have up 17 points heheh snort snort* true, what i saw them doing well was limiting players yards after the catch, but not actually elimainating the catch. The pats were missing two pro bowl lineman and they were just barly getting to Brady, so what if they had those line men? He probably hits randy moss deep for a touchdown on that play he was forced to scrammble, he probably doesn't over throw aiken who had a good three steps on his defender, and he isn't forced to scrammble and throw that pick. Not taking anything away from the Saints, But i think the Patriots offense was in more of a disordered state than the Saints playing good on D.

Quote:
Old 12-4-2009, 04:54 PM   #53
rqm
FFR Player

jets baby
Old 12-4-2009, 08:19 PM   #54
tofurox
Them arrows.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to tofurox

Buccaneers

This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.
tofurox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2009, 08:33 PM   #55
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

saints

basically creaming on the patriots did it for me yay

favorite team is the giants r.i.p. my happiness
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2009, 11:41 PM   #56
eastsideman09
poker face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireking550 View Post
1. Bengals
2. Vikings
3. Colts
4. Saints
5. Cardinals
6. Chargers
7. Patriots
8. Cowboys
No way are the Cardinals above the Patriots and Chargers. SD's won 6 straight, and will probably win the next two until they go out to Cincy. Pat's were put in their place by the Saints, but the Cardinals can't win at home, and I'd take New Englands young defense before Arizonas, offense too...

I can understand Cincy being on top, considering they "should" be 9-2 if not for that flukey game winner with Denver. That being said, Denver should also have another loss, adding to SD's case. However, Pats had the #2 offense in the league going into the Monday night game, only behind the Saints themselves, and they got it done, regardless of who was at fault.

I went ahead and did Rank Em on ESPN.com...

1.Saints
-I think they're the obvious pick. Redonkulous stats, they can win in all kinds of situations and I think they've proven their worth against the Pats. How they would fair against a team like Minnesota, or something, on a neutral field... I'm not so sure.

2.Colts
-I was so tempted to put them lower. They've escaped so many times... They could just as easily be 5-6.... 6 games won by 4 or less... But again, they find ways to win, and ultimately it's the good teams that can do that.

3.Vikings
-This team is probably the most consistent and solid team in the NFL right now.

4.Bengals
-Swept one of the best division in the league, and should be 9-2.

5.Chargers
-6 straight wins... probably going to win the next two...

6.Patriots
-Saints busted them up, but I'd take them before any of the teams below them.

7.Cardinals
-Fantastic on the road this year... they just can't win at home...

8.Cowboys
-Really inconsistent. They've got so many weapons, they just aren't producing. If this team gets in sync, I'd be afraid.

9.Packers
-Stout defense, amazing production from Rodgers.

10.Eagles
-This team just can't seem to avoid injuries...

11.Broncos
-I'm just not feelin it... Bad run defense... Went on that 4 game losing streak... Same ole Bronco's...

12.Ravens
-I love this team... I think they'll beat out Pittsburgh in the Wild Card race.

13.Titans
-This team is on fire... I'm not so sure about winning their final 10 games, but if they make it to the playoffs, watch out, this team is firing on all cylinders. I'm actually picking them to upset Indy.

14.Steelers
-This team is not the same without Polamalu... Not the same without Roethlisburger either, but Dixon performed well. The next two games are tomatoe cans, but if these two aren't back after that, it doesn't look too good if you ask me.

15.Jaguars
-This team is pretty inconsistent as well. I think Tennessee will beat them out.

16.Texans
-I could copy/paste what I said about Jax for this team...

17.Giants
-Disappointing...

18.Falcons
-Another injury plagued team... They'll be good in the future.

19.Dolphins
-Wild cat is fun to watch, but it can be beat, even at it's best... Indy and New Orleans proved that.

20.49ers
-I thought this team was turning around, but ehh... I think their on an upward turn though.

21.Jets
-Another disappointment, with respect to their 4-0 start... Two game win streak, and they may win two more, but that won't be enough in the AFC.

22.Seahawks
-Any arguments on this spot?

23.Bears
-I don't think Urlacher could save this team.

24.Bills
-Same old same old...

25.Panthers
-Another disappointing team... I think it's time to draft a new QB... It'd be a great time to do so, with all the upcoming QB's in the draft this year.

26.Redskins
-I thought this team had potential preseason... Why did I let them surprise me...

27.Chiefs
-Cheifs, etc

28.Raiders
-Raiders, etc

29.Lions
-Lions, etc. I do think this team is headed for better things though.

30.Buccaneers
-Sad.

31.Rams
-Rams, etc... Another team that I think could use a QB...

32.Browns
-They could use teamwide renovation.
Quote:
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Old 12-5-2009, 01:00 PM   #57
fireking550
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsideman09 View Post
No way are the Cardinals above the Patriots and Chargers. SD's won 6 straight, and will probably win the next two until they go out to Cincy. Pat's were put in their place by the Saints, but the Cardinals can't win at home, and I'd take New Englands young defense before Arizonas, offense too...

I can understand Cincy being on top, considering they "should" be 9-2 if not for that flukey game winner with Denver. That being said, Denver should also have another loss, adding to SD's case. However, Pats had the #2 offense in the league going into the Monday night game, only behind the Saints themselves, and they got it done, regardless of who was at fault.

I went ahead and did Rank Em on ESPN.com...

7.Cardinals
-Fantastic on the road this year... they just can't win at home...
The cardinals still have the experience which i will take, and i am ranking them by how i think they will do in the playoffs (that being said #1 does not mean i think they will win the super bowl). The Cardinals playing good on the road is what they need, because of their weak division i would imagine a majority of away games in the playoffs, but as i said i ranked them still have Warner there at qb, with Linert i put them 10ish.

Quote: